Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

Jesus, how do you get that much? Jackpot wins or just years of challenge logs?

Daily mini cactpot, weekly jumbo, and Fashion Report. And the two challenge log entries for mini games. That's literally all I do, unless Cliffhanger or Typhon happen to be active when I'm in GS. I've just been doing this for a stupidly long time. Fashion Report adds up real fast if you make sure to get 80+ every week with a squadron MGP buff active, though.

I also never bought the Cloud card or the other unique TT cards that cost more than like 100k or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Eltoasto posted:

Ah i've never done fashion report, I'm a fresh 70 so my glamour game is pretty poo poo right now.

It used to be kind of a pain in the butt, often requiring rare and expensive glamour items which would jump up in price for that week. Then they nerfed the heck out of it. Last week, you could have gotten a perfect score for a grand total of like 3000 gil at NPC vendors. Reddit has a thread up every friday that has the easiest solutions to the "puzzle" figured out within an hour or two, so you don't even have to do your own homework.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Eltoasto posted:

Ah i've never done fashion report, I'm a fresh 70 so my glamour game is pretty poo poo right now.

Even if you don't want to bother getting the high score on it, just participating is 10k.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Blockhouse posted:

I'm sorry but people reading into game design decisions as being "spiteful" and "vindictive" will never not be weird

It's the forever legacy of things like old school everquest or more recently Wildstar, where game changes were, provably and with documentation, made or less purely on spite and personal issues on the part of the relevant developers.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SpaceDrake posted:

It's the forever legacy of things like old school everquest or more recently Wildstar, where game changes were, provably and with documentation, made or less purely on spite and personal issues on the part of the relevant developers.

It's basically like playing a D&D game and the DM starts building encounters specifically to poo poo all over your character because you found a different solution to his campaign than he wanted you to use. Except in video game form.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I reworked my RDM glam. She's got a cool scarf now.

Edit: I just made a collage of all my glams :v: I've only got one tank glam. Yoship pls add more plates.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 14, 2018

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

SpaceDrake posted:

WoW's "we'll add flying back, crybabies, but gently caress you, go do all the quests and reputations and poo poo".

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

orcane posted:

WoW's "we'll add flying back, crybabies, but gently caress you, go do all the quests and reputations and poo poo".

Legion's version of this was tolerable, at least. I took a long break, came back, and it felt like as long as you didn't take a break right at the start of the expansion and not come back 'til the very end, it could reasonably accomplished fairly quickly. The worst part was just grinding out all those Suramar quests which still only took like less than a day of playing. Warlords of Draenor's felt flat out vindictive. I didn't get Draenor flying and I'm not sure that I ever will.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The idea they’re stopping RS reflect to target a pet swap opener is insane lol
It’s probably because there’s wild variance in things like titan uwu tumults being an insane amount of damage, and the fact that they said they’re tired of having to consider radiant shield when desging fights, which thy have actually stated as being an issue during neo exdeath

The only other reflection right now I think is vengeance which is warrior only instead of part wife, and is fixed potency and not based off the received attack, so it shouldn’t present the same concerns

e; Th reflect is really janky too because of the specter of legacy code

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

The following mounts are now able to fly:

Goobbue

https://twitter.com/nemo_FF14/status/1040557633604792320?s=19

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Hm Yes, this is good. Good Goobbue.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I wonder if Chaos will Cure 4 himself at some point in the fight, restoring his HP to full.

EDIT: Presented without comment.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 14, 2018

RME
Feb 20, 2012

RME posted:

The idea they’re stopping RS reflect to target a pet swap opener is insane lol
It’s probably because there’s wild variance in things like titan uwu tumults being an insane amount of damage, and the fact that they said they’re tired of having to consider radiant shield when desging fights, which thy have actually stated as being an issue during neo exdeath

The only other reflection right now I think is vengeance which is warrior only instead of part wife, and is fixed potency and not based off the received attack, so it shouldn’t present the same concerns

e; Th reflect is really janky too because of the specter of legacy code

To follow up on jank code aspect:

`First of all, they totally removed the reasoning behind why they got rid of the damage reflection from radiant shield. Yoshida used Neo exdeath as an example and said the "punches" near the enrage aren't done by Neo exdeath himself and actually an "invisible actor/emeny" (as Yoshida said) does them instead, so Neo exdeath actually doesn't receive any damage from radiant shield and because some future encounters will also have the same mechanic, they decided to get rid of it entirely (he didn't talk about vengeance).`

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Leofish posted:

I wonder if Chaos will Cure 4 himself at some point in the fight, restoring his HP to full.

Chaos better have all his bullshit from FF1 in some form. If there isn't CRACK, TORNADO, INFERNO and SWIRL, in capital letters no less, imma be mad. :mad:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leofish posted:

It's ok, he only has 2000 HP so it'll be a real quick fight.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

Chaos better have all his bullshit from FF1 in some form. If there isn't CRACK, TORNADO, INFERNO and SWIRL, in capital letters no less, imma be mad. :mad:

I'm still disappointed they didn't go with the Woolseyized names for the Phantom Train. Diabolical Whistle really should have been called Evil Toot.

Thundarr posted:

It's ok, he only has 2000 HP so it'll be a real quick fight.

Just remember to get the Masamune, exit, save, and do the whole dungeon again. That's worth at least an extra level.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Leofish posted:

Oh shoot, did I forget to make a snide comment about that earlier?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leofish posted:

The image should be a gun. Pointed to the mouth.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I'm gonna miss Vase Off. I'm a boss at it. :smith: We need more MGS content in the game, even if Vase Off is a really pared down version of it. I'd like more chances to use Hide as a Ninja aside from resetting my ninjutsu cooldowns.

Well, atleast I'll be able to get Typhon day one with my loving 5 million GP I've literally got nothing else to spend on. Yes, I'm bragging about a mostly worthless in-game currency. :negative:

Ibblebibble posted:

When I was a dragongirl doing the ninja quests was weird because the Au Ra in those was a carbon copy of me lookswise (not skin or hair colour though).

Think I've been a roegadame for about 8 months now. No ragrats.

:swoon: that's an awesome gearset-up. good job

I like your color coordination with reds and blues!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Leal posted:

The image should be a gun. Pointed to the mouth.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Grimace posted:

I like your color coordination with reds and blues!

I am physically incapable of not using Rhotano Blue and Wine Red.

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Sep 14, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ok I don't mind Pagos that much but this is :perfect:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

quote:

Hey, one of our members has unfortunately dropped out of raiding due to wrist problems stemming from repetitive stress injury. Insert masturbation joke here. This means that Mad Snake Eaters needs a new DPS (or maybe a DRK/PLD) effective immediately for SAVAGE RAIDING.
Important things about us:
- We start late. Real late. Wed/Thursday from midnight to 2 AM EST.
- No experience required. Most of the group had never raided before Deltascape. New to raiding? Doesn't matter! It's fun, do it.
- Chill environment. Tackling a challenge together as a group should be fun and rewarding. It shouldn't be high-stress.
- We aren't big lovely weirdoes, but also dad jokes

So yeah, if anyone's interested in savage raiding this tier and doesn't have a group, pm me here or on Discord at Brainamp#4154

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:discourse:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

SpaceDrake posted:

It’s not a legacy thing, BFA is going down in flames directly due to lovely decisions whose only consistent logic seems to be “gently caress our player base”

First time I’ve ever uninstalled wow while I still had time left on my current month of sub.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It’s not a legacy thing, BFA is going down in flames directly due to lovely decisions whose only consistent logic seems to be “gently caress our player base”

First time I’ve ever uninstalled wow while I still had time left on my current month of sub.

It's wild that this comes on the same day that Hazzikostas goes into extensive detail about honest mistakes in an AMA. I'm done with the WoW ilvl grind for now, and there were some major misses this week (weekly Mythic+ chests, PvP chests, communicating the timetables for Warfronts, etc.), but only seeing malice there is driven by so much ignorance and egocentricity that it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins.

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

isk posted:

It's wild that this comes on the same day that Hazzikostas goes into extensive detail about honest mistakes in an AMA. I'm done with the WoW ilvl grind for now, and there were some major misses this week (weekly Mythic+ chests, PvP chests, communicating the timetables for Warfronts, etc.), but only seeing malice there is driven by so much ignorance and egocentricity that it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins.

He gave a lot of good responses but the community had some equally valid (I'm not sure the best way to phrase it so this is just going to sound clunky) responses to those responses as well. The question about Azerite armor and their plans and goals for the system sticks out there in my mind. That catch-up mechanics and such don't really do anything to fix what is, at its core, not a fun system. The other side of that coin is things like the discussions about Shamans where he mostly sidestepped the question or gave a response that didn't seem to understand what the concerns actually were.

I think the majority of people acknowledge that they're not really driven by actual malevolence on part of the Devs, just that a lot of the things implemented in BfA seem like they're so clearly not fun that it's hard to imagine a world where the devs actually thought people would like them. Obviously it's hard to tell when someone's being hyperbolic on the internet and there are always going to be some people who refuse to believe that the people who make their favorite video game aren't out to get them specifically, but most people seem to get that Blizzard just sorta dropped the ball and are mostly mad at the lack of communication received so far or the poor quality of communication they've received.

Xmaspast fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 15, 2018

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
You say that but I am 100% certain that eureka is spite based.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

You say that but I am 100% certain that eureka is spite based.

I remember people saying that Anemos was bad but surely the next one will respond to player feedback and be better. I don't think many people imagined it would be worse.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Glad to hear that shaman still suck.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zokari posted:

I remember people saying that Anemos was bad but surely the next one will respond to player feedback and be better. I don't think many people imagined it would be worse.

They at least have publicly stated they weren't happy with the numbers (or design) of Pagos in a recent live letter so maybe Pyros will at least only be As Bad instead of Worse Somehow?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Clarste posted:

Glad to hear that shaman still suck.

Elemental shaman get all of their dips from standing still in one spot (think black mage but moreso) while hunters do more DPS, are 100% mobile, and can do all of their abilities with no drawbacks while moving a ton at a range.

Ion said this isn’t a problem.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Just burn Pagos to the ground, it's all poo poo anyway

Well, save the bunnies, they're cute and from FFXII. They deserve to be given to better content.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It really is telling though just how much better the FFXIV staff is at seeming like they actually play their own drat game. You'd think this wouldn't be hard, but the WoW devteam has their heads so far up the rear end of user metrics that they can't seem to realize when classes or content just aren't remotely fun or engaging. The only real misstep FFXIV's done recently is Eureka, and even that was popular with a certain subset of players.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Asimo posted:

It really is telling though just how much better the FFXIV staff is at seeming like they actually play their own drat game. You'd think this wouldn't be hard, but the WoW devteam has their heads so far up the rear end of user metrics that they can't seem to realize when classes or content just aren't remotely fun or engaging. The only real misstep FFXIV's done recently is Eureka, and even that was popular with a certain subset of players.

The other thing is it is baffling how broken BfA was both pre and post launch.

And this is a game that has public test realms and the BfA beta was up for months.

FFXIV has no public testing and the only major issue I can think of in it's lifetime is Rabauhn savage and that was only in the early access.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Mordiceius posted:

The other thing is it is baffling how broken BfA was both pre and post launch.

And this is a game that has public test realms and the BfA beta was up for months.

FFXIV has no public testing and the only major issue I can think of in it's lifetime is Rabauhn savage and that was only in the early access.

A lot of how broken WoW is right now is due to how they rip it's guts out every time there's a new expansion and then patch in something new. The amount of poo poo they cut out is extreme and is one of the main reasons I quit and will probably never pick it up again.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

TheHeadSage posted:

A lot of how broken WoW is right now is due to how they rip it's guts out every time there's a new expansion and then patch in something new. The amount of poo poo they cut out is extreme and is one of the main reasons I quit and will probably never pick it up again.

This is a big reason I am totally fine with how predictable ff14 is. I've seen what happens when you work really hard to be different every expansion.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Gally posted:

This is a big reason I am totally fine with how predictable ff14 is. I've seen what happens when you work really hard to be different every expansion.

I wouldn't mind if SE did something different for 5.0, but I would mind if they gutted half of Stormblood to do so. Eureka is terrible, but I'd be upset if they completely removed it from the game, which is something Blizzard would do.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
So I've noticed something called a squadron in my companion abilities. What's that about? I'm only a second class maelstrom sergeant at the moment, so figure I'm too low or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Safeword posted:

So I've noticed something called a squadron in my companion abilities. What's that about? I'm only a second class maelstrom sergeant at the moment, so figure I'm too low or something.

They're npcs you can send out on missions or take into dungeons and they're more skilled than any roulette team despite never equipping job stones.