Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Only thing I want is that we get a new version of this image:

But with Hope pointing at Teen Cable saying "He's my father".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Adnor posted:

Only thing I want is that we get a new version of this image:

But with Hope pointing at Teen Cable saying "He's my father".

Then Teen Cable pointing at Teen Scott and saying "He's my father."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Codependent Poster posted:

Then Teen Cable pointing at Teen Scott and saying "He's my father."

Then Teen Scott pointing at Corsair, in full pirate garb while macking on that gray alien he's dating, and going "he's my father."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Synthbuttrange posted:

Looks like it's going to just be the Cuckoo Twins before this is all over.

I actually liked them becoming more independent in the Bendis series, but I think it makes sense that they'd do anything to bring their other sisters back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Covok posted:

Then Teen Scott pointing at Corsair, in full pirate garb while macking on that gray alien he's dating, and going "he's my father."

What if...

WHAT IF THEY PULL TEENAGED CORSAIR OUT OF THE PAST AND BRING HIM TO THE FUTURE HEY WHERE ARE YOU GOING

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

and what about a teenaged ch'od but at that time in his life hes still an egg and corsair is all like 'this is my friend he is an egg'

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

and what about a teenaged ch'od but at that time in his life hes still an egg and corsair is all like 'this is my friend he is an egg'

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm really glad Doug is back, and it's hosed up they killed Doug 2.0, Elixir.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rick posted:

Elixir is alive. He's hanging out on Asteroid M with Magneto.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rick posted:

They killed him and un-killed him, like, three times I think? At least one of those times I think they forgot he died.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That is good. I get he is a character who makes writing kind of hard but I have always had a soft spot for him. I think if they stuck him in a light-hearted book where people really don't want to see the characters in danger anyway it would be good.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rick posted:

That is good. I get he is a character who makes writing kind of hard but I have always had a soft spot for him. I think if they stuck him in a light-hearted book where people really don't want to see the characters in danger anyway it would be good.

I liked him in X-Force. The fact he was the one definitively 'good' member of the killsquad was a nice juxtaposition.

I actually sort of thought for a bit that him and Laura would make a good pairing. Then I saw that Kyle tweet how he'd intended her to be gay, and that just makes 100% total sense to me. I mean, I didn't know anything about Iceman, so when Bendis made that canon I had a sort of reflexive 'they changed a thing' dislike of it (the specific circumstances didn't help), but having followed Laura's story, that just seems obvious to me. I almost feel like the Liu run was headed in that direction, actually, between her spending time with Jubilee and breaking it off with Hellion at the very end of the run. Like, looking at the issue in question (X-23 Volume 2 #19, true believers!) She explicitly says that she's has feelings and wants, but that she doesn't want Julian. Then Jubilee shows up at the apartment she's staying at, and the next issue picks up clearly some time later where they've been spending a lot of time together.

Laura/Jubilee is the new Kitty/Rachel is what I'm saying here, I think.

Sorry, we were talking about Elixir, weren't we?

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm six months in the past on Marvel Unlimited where they just published the latest New Mutants #1. It's really bugging me that Wolfsbane and Strong Guy are on the same team without a hint of tension between them. Does the book ever acknowledge that he murdered her son?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I liked him in X-Force. The fact he was the one definitively 'good' member of the killsquad was a nice juxtaposition.

I actually sort of thought for a bit that him and Laura would make a good pairing. Then I saw that Kyle tweet how he'd intended her to be gay, and that just makes 100% total sense to me. I mean, I didn't know anything about Iceman, so when Bendis made that canon I had a sort of reflexive 'they changed a thing' dislike of it (the specific circumstances didn't help), but having followed Laura's story, that just seems obvious to me. I almost feel like the Liu run was headed in that direction, actually, between her spending time with Jubilee and breaking it off with Hellion at the very end of the run. Like, looking at the issue in question (X-23 Volume 2 #19, true believers!) She explicitly says that she's has feelings and wants, but that she doesn't want Julian. Then Jubilee shows up at the apartment she's staying at, and the next issue picks up clearly some time later where they've been spending a lot of time together.

I've seen people say it's kind of strange for Craig Kyle to phrase it in the way he did (it's ambiguous as to whether he meant Evolution, Comics Laura or both iirc) and the usual pushback but I'm glad it's out there because I personally can't picture any dude matching up with Laura well (I do see where you're coming from with Elixir, but that is not viable right now) but the idea of her with modern Illyana and their deadly/scary energies combining is way more exciting. Some people are really energised by the idea of Laura being Lesbian or Bi, on top of the line in X-Men Red that Gabby is exploring her sexuality too. Laura and Mercury are tight (though I like Bling and Mercury together... for background appearances only now I guess) but Laura and Pixie would be a fun contrasting pair and a riff on the Logan/Jean thing with Rachel could be interesting. Plus, Rachel could actually do something that isn't have being chumped endlessly. (I like Jubilee and Chamber, but her and Laura would rule, and I saw someone online suggest a throuple. Moody man Chamber and Laura could get on, and Gabby would love Shogo so I could see it?)

So yeah, I'm in favour of Bisexual/Lesbian Laura, though single "parent" Laura with Gabby is working very well for me in the continued excellence that is X-23. It would be further character development with regards to her sense of self, but it could also just be a matter of fact thing that she figures out (she's still young, and obviously anyone can come out at any time), and a relationship could be a welcome addition to her series down the line, especially with the Gabby factor.

Odonata posted:

I'm six months in the past on Marvel Unlimited where they just published the latest New Mutants #1. It's really bugging me that Wolfsbane and Strong Guy are on the same team without a hint of tension between them. Does the book ever acknowledge that he murdered her son?

Yeah, it comes up. Whether or not it satisfies you will depend on you but it does get some exploration.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So I don't know anything about all those Search for Wolverine stories, and the idea of hot claws are still dumb, but: Return of Wolverine was good. This looks like it's going to be an extremely back to basics Wolverine story, and I'm down for that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In theory I liked young Angel/Laura, but that wasn't going to last and Tom Taylor didn't reference it very much outside of the first story. Which I do get, but it was still a shame. The head-patting scene was fun.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Yvonmukluk posted:

I do totally agree it feeling like they have definitely set the table obviously for Laura to be gay, much moreso than with Iceman, who I had a reflexive reaction to as well (although, if you go back through Iceman's history, there's enough there where it isn't totally out of left field. It's not quite like Beast where people would've probably been like "no poo poo" but it's still there).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cabbit posted:

So I don't know anything about all those Search for Wolverine stories, and the idea of hot claws are still dumb, but: Return of Wolverine was good. This looks like it's going to be an extremely back to basics Wolverine story, and I'm down for that.

Yea, Hot Claws seems a silly editoral "we need to add a new hat" style decision, but the rest of the book was fantastic. I don't expect anything less from Soule and McNiven though.

EvilJay
Jul 25, 2005
When my daughter was like 2 we had a cat that swatted her for puling his tail. She screamed that he had "Hot Paws" and thats the only thing I can think of every time I see Wolverine's new hot claws.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Hot Claws" is a very funny phrase and that's good enough reason for me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
He'll get a secondary mutation where he gets toe beans.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Can Hot Claws Wolverine fight Bone Claws Spider-Man?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Swung by a comic store today but they only had the normal yellow costume cover for Wolverine. I really had my heart set on the brown/orange. For some reason I thought they were 4 covers produced in equal amounts but I guess not. A friend who contributes to comicbookdb.com says they already have 25 different covers logged for it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

why is there a young cable

does this mean there's no more old cable

will he get his own book

young man cable

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Synthbuttrange posted:

why is there a young cable

does this mean there's no more old cable

Young Cable killed old Cable, so yes. :rip:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

davebo posted:

Swung by a comic store today but they only had the normal yellow costume cover for Wolverine. I really had my heart set on the brown/orange. For some reason I thought they were 4 covers produced in equal amounts but I guess not. A friend who contributes to comicbookdb.com says they already have 25 different covers logged for it.

According to this site there's no fewer than 52 variant covers including a blank one. As for the one you're looking for, I can't find anything about specific production numbers, but Midtown is selling it for regular price if you want it. It doesn't look like retailers were able to order specific variants (though I could be wrong), so it's possible your store just didn't get many even though they're being produced in equal numbers.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Endless Mike posted:

According to this site there's no fewer than 52 variant covers including a blank one. As for the one you're looking for, I can't find anything about specific production numbers, but Midtown is selling it for regular price if you want it. It doesn't look like retailers were able to order specific variants (though I could be wrong), so it's possible your store just didn't get many even though they're being produced in equal numbers.

Thanks, I went trolling through ebay last night just to see what was out there. Once I saw that there was not only a Fang costume cover but a virgin 1:200 variant of it, emotion took over and I hit the buy it now.

Edit: Whoa, except I paid a quarter what midtown has it listed for.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Does anyone have links to good blogs that recap and analyze old Uncanny, New Mutants, etc? There was an amazing one I read about 5 years ago that I can't seem to find online. The more screenshots the better, the more analysis and connecting, the better.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Transistor Rhythm posted:

Does anyone have links to good blogs that recap and analyze old Uncanny, New Mutants, etc? There was an amazing one I read about 5 years ago that I can't seem to find online. The more screenshots the better, the more analysis and connecting, the better.

If you're down with audio Jay and Miles Xplain the X-Men podcast is exactly what you're looking for.

For purely text and images Chris Sim's watch through of the 90's cartoon often gives back ground on the stories being adapted.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

If you're down with audio Jay and Miles Xplain the X-Men podcast is exactly what you're looking for.

For purely text and images Chris Sim's watch through of the 90's cartoon often gives back ground on the stories being adapted.

Yeah, Jay & Miles is basically perfect for your needs if you don't mind listening instead of reading. There's also a visual companion for each episode that may have the screenshots you crave.

Also Jay is officially legally recognised as Penmanship Ladhaving very good handwriting in a court of law, if that sweetens the deal.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

And if you want proof of Jay's handwriting prowess, it's on the last page of Y: The Last Man.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Sorry, I totally should have mentioned I already listen to J+M and have for years! I'm really looking for something a little more granular, issue-by-issue.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
X-Men: Red is so good! gently caress!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

Is it ending with the X-men redo coming up?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I don't actually know! I'm just swearing at the goodness of it! gently caress!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

It's so good! The little details in the art (probably from Taylor?) are so good, and Carnero sold the hell out of the Newsreader lady delivering that burn on her co-host*. The plot is great too (Cassandra feels like a true threat, and she's terrifyingly vindictive), but details like Laura putting her hand casually on Gambit's shoulder while they looked at the text are so wonderful to see. That's a big deal for her!!

*Helpfully posted by Site in the Marvel thread!

Metalshark fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 26, 2018

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I really liked Red, but there's a weird recurring trend through all the X-books of Rachel getting mindcontrolled. Again. Also in her old costume for some reason. Which I'm pretty sure happened in Gold and Extermination, all within like 3 months of each other.

I like that they're using the character but getting punked in the exact same way over and over feels oddly demeaning and just... lacks creativity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Is it ending with the X-men redo coming up?

Only Blue and Gold are officially confirmed.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I really liked Red, but there's a weird recurring trend through all the X-books of Rachel getting mindcontrolled. Again. Also in her old costume for some reason. Which I'm pretty sure happened in Gold and Extermination, all within like 3 months of each other.

I like that they're using the character but getting punked in the exact same way over and over feels oddly demeaning and just... lacks creativity.

Yeah, it's been ridiculous how hard Rachel has been punked repeatedly throughout Gold. I feel like Red is fair usage (I mean, Cassandra is a big deal), but Extermination also having her crumple at the same time is unfortunate timing after all of Guggenheim's flailing.

Blue ended well, but it highlighted the wasted potential because it showed the interesting parts of the book were the bits it couldn't focus on for long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is Rachel's codename still 'Prestige?'