Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Kaubocks posted:

my man i am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that all your posts including this one have been words of advice for people new to the series since we don't get really in depth with mechanics in this LSP but i need to point out two things:

1) the game absolutely does not prevent you from selling items you favorited. the only thing favoriting does is make it so if you bulk sell trash it'll sell everything not favorited.

2) we're not going to slow down to punch every pile of poop that sounds really boring to watch and entirely unnecessary when we can just go to sanctuary and open all the boxes/chests

Yeah, sorry about that. I used bulk selling all the time when I played instead of clicking. My memory is a bit fuzzy since it's been a few years since i last played. I was posting the enemy stuff for new players, not you guys, but you're welcome to use it if it's helpful. Let me know if I should stop. Speaking of corrections, I was confusing Badass stalkers with Rabid Stalkers. Again, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

mastersord posted:

Yeah, sorry about that. I used bulk selling all the time when I played instead of clicking. My memory is a bit fuzzy since it's been a few years since i last played. I was posting the enemy stuff for new players, not you guys, but you're welcome to use it if it's helpful. Let me know if I should stop. Speaking of corrections, I was confusing Badass stalkers with Rabid Stalkers. Again, sorry.

s'all good just i had to read it a few times before realizing it wasn't a callout post saying we didn't know how to play the game or something! don't mind if someone's leaving tips where we aren't, we're kinda just shooting the poo poo while we shoot the poo poo

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

The best purpose for all the piles of junk and trash boxes etc is to replenish ammo. If you're not running low on munitions they're perfectly fine to ignore. Really though this game is super forgiving you can just play however you want.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if you don't think scooter is the best u can get the gently caress OUUTA THIS THREAD

Episode #13: Ultimate Realization

https://twitter.com/panzerskank/status/1023721534630686720

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Poor Scooter, kissed a girl and died.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

It's amazing to see the hail of gunfire flying overhead wherever Panzer goes.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Kaubocks posted:

if you don't think scooter is the best u can get the gently caress OUUTA THIS THREAD

Episode #13: Ultimate Realization

https://twitter.com/panzerskank/status/1023721534630686720

Let's Play!SUBDAY! GUBDAY! FUBDAY! - Let's Play Borderlands 2

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
See, I hated Mordecai because the person who always played them in co-op always stole the kills with Bloodwing so I was actually enjoying finally killing that fucker.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo I forgot how grindy this game was, gently caress. You've been fighting WIlhelm for four episodes now, holy poo poo

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

This is not the correct thread

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

See, I hated Mordecai because the person who always played them in co-op always stole the kills with Bloodwing so I was actually enjoying finally killing that fucker.

Lol they werent stealing kills from a thousand miles away with a revolver or sniper

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lol they werent stealing kills from a thousand miles away with a revolver or sniper

Oh they did that too. It's just they also loved to cheese the boss fights by one-shotting them with Bloodwing. Considering I had built Roland up as a medic; I was pretty useless.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hey this episode sucks and it's my fault, sorry

Episode #14: The One Where I Finally Snap About Low-Level Krieg Sucking

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

If you're wondering who Timothy Lawrence is or why the body double is or isn't him, he was a playable DLC character for the Pre-Sequel and he's Jack's very first body double. This one isn't him because Timothy doesn't use a hologram to look like Jack. Timothy was trying to pay off his student loans and unwittingly agreed to participate in radical reconstructive surgery that changed his appearance and his voice. He's loving great and I love him and he's definitely not dead.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

CuwiKhons posted:

If you're wondering who Timothy Lawrence is or why the body double is or isn't him, he was a playable DLC character for the Pre-Sequel and he's Jack's very first body double. This one isn't him because Timothy doesn't use a hologram to look like Jack. Timothy was trying to pay off his student loans and unwittingly agreed to participate in radical reconstructive surgery that changed his appearance and his voice. He's loving great and I love him and he's definitely not dead.

poo poo did we just get really excited about timothy lawrence and not actually explain him? god dammit

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

you guys said "he's totally not timothy lawrence" and then didn't elaborate at all.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I honestly thought that was just the name of Jack's VA when they mentioned it. Glad you're not killing my pre-sequel main.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

CuwiKhons posted:

you guys said "he's totally not timothy lawrence" and then didn't elaborate at all.

lmfao this sounds like something we would do

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

CuwiKhons posted:

God we are so loving dumb lmao

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Apparently 2019 will have another Borderlands(2?) Dlc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7oL1QiH7Y&feature=share

Also Tales from the Borderlands is dead, Telltale went belly up, everything is cancelled

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Apparently 2019 will have another Borderlands(2?) Dlc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7oL1QiH7Y&feature=share

Also Tales from the Borderlands is dead, Telltale went belly up, everything is cancelled

Christ, that person just goes on and on and on

Still, interesting if true. It would be neat if the DLC is the "Borderlands 2 crew goes to the Hyperion space-base at the same time as the Tales crew does" scenario Kaubocks predicted back during that LP. Bonus points if all you get to use during the DLC is Finger-Guns.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RickVoid posted:

Christ, that person just goes on and on and on

Still, interesting if true. It would be neat if the DLC is the "Borderlands 2 crew goes to the Hyperion space-base at the same time as the Tales crew does" scenario Kaubocks predicted back during that LP. Bonus points if all you get to use during the DLC is Finger-Guns.

They're actually right behind the Tales crew and rescue Scooter (somehow) because gently caress Scooter dying. Gimme more Scooter.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

They're actually right behind the Tales crew and rescue Scooter (somehow) because gently caress Scooter dying. Gimme more Scooter.

mikey neumann doesn't work at gearbox anymore because his body could sadly no longer keep up with the work involved :(

from the sounds of it it was a completely amicable departure (because who in their right mind could get mad at mikey neumann!!) so it probably wouldn't prevent him from doing some minor voice over work, but idk how much he could realistically do

that said i'm not super heartbroken if scooter stays dead. like i love having him around but man it was a really impactful moment for me in tales and i don't think i'd want to undermine that

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
He could probably voice a gun, that's low enough line count to not be overly injurious.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Welp, guess I don't need to play Tales from the Borderlands anymore. :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah you do.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
He had a stroke in 2011. He was later diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and was hospitalized last year for auto-immune failure. Wikipedia doesn't go any further.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikey_Neumann

My point is that it may be due to his health that Tales killed Scooter off. Perhaps it was a "just in case" thing in the event he's unavailable due to his health.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i forgot to post an episode yesterday. oops! to be fair, i was thinking of switching to a Monday/Wednesday/Friday upload schedule anyway, so this just forces my hand!

Episode #15: An Extremely Jacked Small Child

see some posts i wanna reply to but i'm a bit busy atm so i'll reply to them later! :)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Welp, guess I don't need to play Tales from the Borderlands anymore. :v:

u do :hai:

mastersord posted:

My point is that it may be due to his health that Tales killed Scooter off. Perhaps it was a "just in case" thing in the event he's unavailable due to his health.

i'm unsure, honestly. it didn't feel like a "just in case" thing to me because the fact that gearbox allowed them to do something like that at all is pretty nuts? going into tales i figured it'd be just a fun little side story, but scooter's death blows that wide open. then they go even further than that and change the borderlands overarching plot in ways that basically makes the game mandatory going forward-- so much so that i honestly believe either BL3 is going to open with what happens in tales or this supposed rumored new BL2 DLC has to deal with it instead.

so... yeah it's a bit nitpicky but it doesn't come across as something they did as "hey just in case mikey can't be around for BL3 let's off scooter now". mikey's health concerns very well could have informed the decision on who they wanted to kill off but letting them kill someone off in the first place is wild and probably wasn't a decision made lightly

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Borderlands 3 opening moments completely retcons Tales as a fever dream of a Hyperion employee.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I never got around to the holiday DLC's so I'm looking forward to this expert and thorough showcasing of them.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Serious question: Who among Gaige players even uses a non-Anarchy build? Like, once I got a serious electric assault rifle from Roland I tried respeccing into Shock & AGGGH and that was cool, but it wasn't "Kill something behind me" cool.

Idle thought: Does multiplayer let you run multiples of the same hero? Because I'd love to see three or four Gaiges, each specced differently.

e: Anarchy, not Discord. I forgot, Discord is the Anarchy-spending heal.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 28, 2018

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

not gonna forget today's episode! :staredog:

Episode #16: Three Deaths

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
never forget double gun

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If Borderlands 3 happens, Lilith should be a total obsessive Erdium addict villain, that will kill and do anything, no matter how stupid, for more fix. Maybe show that like Angel, the more she eats the more she needs to eat to even live and maybe get powerful enough to where she can turn organic and inorganic matter into more Eridum. Eventually making her a giant purple glowing blob boss fight or something, I dunno.

pointy corpse
Jul 7, 2014

I actually like Angel, so this point for me was the complete end of putting up with any of Jack's poo poo.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, it's a bit odd that a game that regularly features three minutes of solid shooting to put a dent in something still has cutscene guns, but I suppose the poshest git in all the land can afford them if anyone can.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

"What are the good characters in Borderlands?"
"Oof, short list..."
"We're playing as them."

All checks out so far. But then Kaubocks proceeded to list characters beyond Scooter, and proceeded to be extremely wrong.

From what I've seen so far the only good character is Scooter. The player characters don't count because they're blank slates with some set dressing. All the others you've met range from utter garbage to bad. And Scooter's only so good because of his amazing voice actor.

Also, I can't believe you really had to Cheat Engine the drop rate up so much to get what looks like a barely adequate amount of good guns. Playing this game legit has to be the most miserable experience ever.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:torgue:?????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Geemer posted:

Also, I can't believe you really had to Cheat Engine the drop rate up so much to get what looks like a barely adequate amount of good guns. Playing this game legit has to be the most miserable experience ever.

Whites and greens aren't terrible, but blues and higher tend to be more fun. Anything with red text (Like our dear departed Dubble Gub) has special effects, even if it's just a massive magazine and increased damage like the Gub.