Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

When comparing W-L-T records, a tie can be expressed as a half-win and half-loss. So yes, 0-0-16 =~ 8-8-0 and they'd make the playoffs.

But it'd have to be 6-8-2 because the in-division team would have tied the 0-0-16 team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
N. https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1040963366611820546?s=19

V. Oh right, we don't actually *want* the Jets to be good, do we?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

shirts and skins posted:

He was banned wasn’t he? For literally pushing people down stairs or something?

I know he’s supposed to be a huge prick in real life but i mean that’s a bit of a given

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fireman Ed was on TV literally less than a week ago for the Jets game IN DETROIT.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm glad the owner of the j-e-t-s chant is going to allow everyone to use it, again

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'm glad the jets won.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

shirts and skins posted:

What a fair weather fan

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I'm happy for them and wish them success in their future games.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Is $250 for 40 yard line inner bowl tickets that out of line for any NFL game?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bip Roberts posted:

Is $250 for 40 yard line inner bowl tickets that out of line for any NFL game?

Yeah that's not egregious if it had an upper deck. The problem is there's no cheap seats because they are playing on a high school football field.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills released Jeremy Kerley, who was probably the closest thing to a competent receiver on their roster.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

The Bills released Jeremy Kerley, who was probably the closest thing to a competent receiver on their roster.

I just looked up his stats and while you might be right about the Bills roster I remembered him being a lot more competent than he has been. He's also kinda old now in never been good receiver years so he's probably legitimately done.

Jesus Christ the Bills offensive roster is utterly amazing. I'm in awe of all the people who are just barely holding on to NFL jobs finding their way to Buffalo.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Grittybeard posted:

The other in division teams could go 6-7-3 as the closest to a functional 8 wins and the 0-0-16 team would get in, so that gets at least one more win than 5-9-2. I haven't figured out if 0-0-16 could win tiebreakers over a 7-7-2 team.

They could, and it would come down to the Div/Common Opp/Conf records of their division rival(s).

If the 7-7-2 team went 1-3 or worse vs other 2 teams in division then 0-0-16 would finish ahead. If they were 2-2 it's onto the next tie-breaker.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans will be without their top 3 tackles against the Texans tomorrow. :waycool:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Titans will be without their top 3 tackles against the Texans tomorrow. :waycool:

So your oline may be as bad as their's. That ought to be fun. (bet the under).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Lucky for you Watt looked like just a guy and overall the Texans defense looked mediocre at best.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Whoa the Texans looked overmatched against *checks notes*

......the greatest franchise of the last two decades?!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Spoeank posted:

Whoa the Texans looked overmatched against *checks notes*

......the greatest franchise of the last two decades?!
You got me there.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think Watson will be fine, and the Texans have really good weapons, but their oline is a huge problem, especially at tackle.

Like yeah the Patriots got some pass rushers in the offseason, but there's no way they're that good to put a QB under siege like they had Watson on Sunday.

The Texans defense is probably fine. The Patriots have had a pretty easy go with them in general due to knowing their scheme so completely, and in the 2nd half, they were able to get a pass rush going and pressure Brady a bunch.

schmug
May 20, 2007

Josh Gordon stays home with hamstring injury. Ugh

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/browns_josh_gordon_ruled_out_o.html

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I hope this doesn't become a recurring thing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grittybeard posted:

I'm in awe of all the people who are just barely holding on to NFL jobs finding their way to Buffalo.

It starts at the top!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Grittybeard posted:

I just looked up his stats and while you might be right about the Bills roster I remembered him being a lot more competent than he has been. He's also kinda old now in never been good receiver years so he's probably legitimately done.

Jesus Christ the Bills offensive roster is utterly amazing. I'm in awe of all the people who are just barely holding on to NFL jobs finding their way to Buffalo.
I mean, our "#1 receiver"(Kelvin Pudging Benjamin), is, like, the kind of guy you take a flier on for a few million. We're paying him almost $10 million for this season, and he caught all of one pass last week.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I mean, our "#1 receiver"(Kelvin Pudging Benjamin), is, like, the kind of guy you take a flier on for a few million. We're paying him almost $10 million for this season, and he caught all of one pass last week.

tbf there weren't multiple catchable passes thrown

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1041060960394534912

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/1040716237616177152

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

My theory for why its an early season thing is the team will kick the poo poo out of a really bad team and then grossly overestimate their talent.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Spoeank posted:

Yeah that's not egregious if it had an upper deck. The problem is there's no cheap seats because they are playing on a high school football field.

Well the Rams stadium which the Chargers will also be using is "planned" to open in 2020, no idea if it actually will or if it will be in time for the 2020 season. So that should at least allow more seats, although I doubt ticket prices will be cheaper. Also, being massively outnumbered by the away team fans isn't going to change anytime soon, no matter how many seats there are. There's a lot of fans of other teams in LA, it's just how it is and no one in LA was asking for this team. I really like the Chargers and enjoy watching them, but it's just a dumb situation all around.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

pasaluki posted:

My theory for why its an early season thing is the team will kick the poo poo out of a really bad team and then grossly overestimate their talent.

Hopefully the Ravens coaching staff was paying attention

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah they signed like three guys because they need a punt returner and I guess Corey Coleman won the job

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
News: Mixon and Burfict miss 2 games

Views: Bengals objectively most likable team in league until at least week 5.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

holy poo poo!

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1041106176593879040

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

come to new england, josh

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jacksonville needs to get on the phone with him ASAP.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao Browns. One step forward and then right steps back.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

So he's pissed hot right? Something happened that explains this right? For the love of god. :smithicide:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Josh 2 Josh incoming motherfucker
bills bitch

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lol what

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
He probably got caught freebasing Windex or something. I hope he goes to another team and catches a dozen TD's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Did he relapse or something

• Locked thread