Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What is the worst a division has ever finished in the Super Bowl era?

The year the Hawks went 7-9, the whole NFC West was pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also Gesicki doesn’t count, we said WR not pass catcher.

Albert Wilson in Gases system is our new Landry. Stills is a deep threat. Jakeem Grant is living up to his potential

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

Steelers - Bucs on MNF next week should be a wild ride.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, the Steelers thrive on drama and the media saying they are done so I'd be real surprised if they still don't end up with 9+ wins. It feels like Tomlin's teams like need a chip on their shoulder to play well for whatever reason.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Stills, Amendola, Wilson and Parker. Miami’s deep at receiver, Dallas is bringing back roster fluff.

Eagles fans just lol

Stills (WR2), Amendola (oft-injured slot), Wilson (weaker Landry), Parker (massive disappointment). Grant looked ok yesterday. Giesecki is talented once he can block. You have a coach who believes in culture thus a guy who thinks he can reform him. Want to explain why a talented contested catcher doesn’t fit beyond “they’re deep”?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Diqnol posted:

Stills (WR2), Amendola (oft-injured slot), Wilson (weaker Landry), Parker (massive disappointment). Grant looked ok yesterday. Giesecki is talented once he can block. You have a coach who believes in culture thus a guy who thinks he can reform him. Want to explain why a talented contested catcher doesn’t fit beyond “they’re deep”?

Lets send the guy who apparently can not stop drinking and smoking to Miami

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

weird Asian candy posted:

Didn't the Seahawks win their division one year going 7-9 or 8-8?

Yeah, but I mean what is the least number of total wins a division has ever had?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diqnol posted:

Miami got rid of Landry because he couldn’t match up with Gases system + studying and you think bringing in a guy who refuses to commit to arriving to practice on time and struggles with any playbook over 2 options will fit right in.

Gesicki can’t beat out AJ Derby for playing time, so let’s see on him.

Miami doesn’t need a true #1. It’s more about X and Y receiver moreso than 1-2. It’s the system he has, he likes, etc.

Miami just shipped off an alcoholic to Seattle, so bringing in JOSH GORDON MAKES SENSE jfc

Be honest - you’re going off box scores right? That’s the only way i can understand your position

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1041653181351116800

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Yeah, but I mean what is the least number of total wins a division has ever had?

AFC South has only been to 5 Superbowls and the Colts won both times. The only other division close to that bad is NFC South who has gone to the SB 6 times (still only won two of them).

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Wentz starting

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1041719487207301122?s=21

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/1041645657466056704

FLORIDA MAN Beats Tom Brady.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
WENTZ IS BACK

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Probably the 2008 NFC West.

9, 7, 4 and 2 wins.

Coincidentally almost equalled by the 2008 AFC West which went 8, 8, 5, 2.

AFC East went a combined 23-9 against those two that year. :smugdog:

Kalli fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 17, 2018

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers were eaten alive as usual by Atlanta's ability to change direction and murder them on backside poo poo.

I'm not that mad at Donte here for missing this tackle because Coleman is really good, but holy hell he is fast.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/tevin-coleman-jukes-donte-jackson-and-races-for-36-yards

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

thank god, i just hope he doesn't die out there. our offense is too busted up right now to survive with another good player being out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Miami got rid of Landry because he couldn’t match up with Gases system + studying and you think bringing in a guy who refuses to commit to arriving to practice on time and struggles with any playbook over 2 options will fit right in.

Gesicki can’t beat out AJ Derby for playing time, so let’s see on him.

Miami doesn’t need a true #1. It’s more about X and Y receiver moreso than 1-2. It’s the system he has, he likes, etc.

Miami just shipped off an alcoholic to Seattle, so bringing in JOSH GORDON MAKES SENSE jfc

Be honest - you’re going off box scores right? That’s the only way i can understand your position

I was looking at it from a “what do they have to lose” and “The roster doesn’t have a true #1 talent” perspective. Gordon is a superior Parker, after all. Right now Tannehill doesn’t have a guy he can throw a jump ball to and even if the system doesn’t call for that, it’s taking plays off the table. I think you’re wrong about Gordon’s work ethic, too, but I admit that Gordon probably won’t end up there and that I didn’t know Gase was shipping problem players out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wentz coming back the week after Foles looked like dogshit is a bit to convenient, they rushing the boy

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1041723039774334976

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wentz coming back the week after Foles looked like dogshit is a bit to convenient, they rushing the boy

They said before the game that he was expected to be cleared for contact today and all his timetables for the last month or so had a week 3 return date so :shrug:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
shut up nerd

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Don't sign your posts

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

And really just the AFC version of Florida Man, since Brady is 4-0 against the Buccs according to PFR.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

He's still under .500 career vs Broncos (including playoffs)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Docjowles posted:

And really just the AFC version of Florida Man, since Brady is 4-0 against the Buccs according to PFR.

I think just the Dolphins, because I believe that's the first time Brady's lost to the Jaguars.

Yeah, 9 of those 10 losses are on the road to the Dolphins.

7-9 @ Dolphins
2-1 @ Jaguars
2-0 @ Buccaneers

Kalli fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 17, 2018

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Browns have a fridge of unopened beer under lock and key. Will that suffice in a trade?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Kalli posted:

Probably the 2008 NFC West.

9, 7, 4 and 2 wins.

The 2014 NFC South matched that with 7, 7, 6, and 2, but those are the 2 worst divisional performances since realignment in 2002.

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

The Giants have not scored 30 points in a game since the final Sunday of the 2015 season, Tom Coughlin’s last game as coach. Only one other team in the league has failed to score 30 since then: the Browns

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://mobile.twitter.com/OddsShark/status/1041722850468671489

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chiefs so high at +300? Weird

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Holy poo poo.

Nov 6, 2002

How is Washington not in on that?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

inside info or just "wr hurt"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Do the Eagles have any salary cap space to pay him?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Gordon only counts $750k against space if I'm correct

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I mean he's 760k this year so maybe

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

89 posted:

Gordon only counts $750k against space if I'm correct

:stare: that is a damned steal

Do we know how bad his hammy is?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

lmao why are the Bucs even on that list? They have probably the deepest group of WR in the league.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This year, yes. Next year? Question marks though I don't think Gordon will fetch top dollar even if he plays a full season and if he succeeds here, would he want to leave? If we trade Foles, we'll be golden for cap. But we'll want to resign Ajayi and Brandon Graham right now. Dead cap will clean up a lot next year (like 8 mil or so)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think the funniest possible trade would be Gordon to Oakland for AJ McCarron lets get it done

• Locked thread