Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
If you're sort of a masochist continue on with THM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
The initial rush if power doesn't last then, huh.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh no, it gets bigger. You may have already grasped it, in that THM, and by extension, BLM, has infinite mana.

The problem becomes then, 1) DPS queues, and 2) not dealing very well with forced movement, aka orange puddles under your feet.

Any time you can set up and turret, though?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 22, 2018

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Saigyouji posted:

This is slightly complicated by the case of Louisoix and Phoenix. When the Eorzeans were praying for salvation, they weren't specifically praying for Phoenix, but what Phoenix represents. There's nothing to indicate that Phoenix even existed prior to the Calamity, in fact. Of course, this is a bit different, since it wasn't Louisoix's original body, but Reconstituted Louisoix Bits.
Makes you wonder if Ysayle could be resurrected by someone attempting to summon Shiva. One of the best parts T11 was Louisoix basically going: "kids, please don't tell people how I punched out Bahamut or they're going to worship me as the total badass I am and try to summon me again".

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Algid posted:

Makes you wonder if Ysayle could be resurrected by someone attempting to summon Shiva. One of the best parts T11 was Louisoix basically going: "kids, please don't tell people how I punched out Bahamut or they're going to worship me as the total badass I am and try to summon me again".
I actually think you would get Ysayle given how the OG Shiva ended up. Now I'm not sure if you'd get "her" or if you'd just get a kind of pattern of a sad blonde who knows how to cast Waverider Crash.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh no, it gets bigger. You may have already grasped it, in that THM, and by extension, BLM, has infinite mana.

The problem becomes then, 1) DPS queues, and 2) not dealing very well with forced movement, aka orange puddles under your feet.

Any time you can set up and turret, though?

How realistic, it even includes the death at the end.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I have never met a BLM worth their salt that was not at least some percentage of "It's okay, I can dodge this at the last moment/cooldown this/eat this and live with 1 HP because I need to get this Flare off or everything is ruined."

Most of the rest of a BLM composes entirely of though.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Sep 22, 2018

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I wonder if 5.0 is going to be the last expansion.

I mean, after the Empire/Ascians, what's next? It seems like all the lingering plot lines will have been resolved.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
There was another, larger Meteor nobody noticed.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ither posted:

I mean, after the Empire/Ascians, what's next? It seems like all the lingering plot lines will have been resolved.

Expansions don't end when they run out of stories, expansions end when they stop making money

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
There's like a whole other super-deadly to outsiders continent we haven't even touched, and that's assuming we don't have a sharp swerve away from going directly to the empire in 5.0.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah we haven't even seen the slightest glimpse of either Meracydia or the new world, let alone whatever else may be on the map (or other worlds...), they'll be fine for quite a while.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Hommando posted:

I've heard this theory but I've never thought of that second part which makes it far more likely. People who use JP voices say the soul caller sounds like Alphinaud.

I use the English audio and my first thought on hearing disembodied void voice was "This sounds like a slightly off Alphinaud," so I could totally see it being an older version of Alphy.

How long do Elezen live in the FFXIV world naturally, anyways? Are they long lived like in some fantasy settings or does every race have basically the same life expectancy?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Mamool here we come!
The Merlwyb expansion.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Marathanes posted:

I use the English audio and my first thought on hearing disembodied void voice was "This sounds like a slightly off Alphinaud," so I could totally see it being an older version of Alphy.

How long do Elezen live in the FFXIV world naturally, anyways? Are they long lived like in some fantasy settings or does every race have basically the same life expectancy?

They live “one or two-tenths again as long as their fellow races”

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Ither posted:

6.0 is Battle for Eorzea, war erupts between the city states. firm faction divide based upon the city state you chose at character creation and introduction of open world pvp.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Ither posted:

I believe the team said that they fully mapped up to 5.0, but that was years ago and they could have easily mapped beyond that at this point. But there's a lot of directions the story can go;

There's still an entire continent that we don't know about (and there are a poo poo ton of ascians we haven't seen in awhile from that 2.0 ending cutscene, so who knows if they've been loving around elsewhere around the world as a backup plan in case Eorzea didn't pan out), we could visit the alternate Shards, and the Omega raid not only confirmed to us that there is possibly another race of assholes out there, but there's still the question on why Midgardsormr came to our planet specifically.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Question for people who have finished Alphascape:

Have you found anymore places Alpha is now, I found him staring at the moon at camp overlook but I went to go do something and when I came back he was gone.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Safeword posted:

There was another, larger Meteor nobody noticed.

I mean, there's still another moon! Which is either Zodiark's body, or he just hangs out there, we're not quite sure.

Anyways, there's still a pretty broad chunk of the game's world that we haven't touched; Meracydia is basically the New World and we haven't even seen that yet. And it's not like there aren't other shards. Or the possibility of time travel or "what if?" expansions like Final Fantasy XI did with Abyssea.

Sharkopath posted:

Have you found anymore places Alpha is now, I found him staring at the moon at camp overlook but I went to go do something and when I came back he was gone.

Apparently he'll pop up in Mor Dhona every once in a while, and I'm sure there's other places too. I should go search for him, he's the best chocobo and deserves pets. :3:

also, I like it when my character makes the "wait, what" expression at the same time I say it out loud.

also also, some oddity of the game gives both of my characters purple-ish freckles sometimes. they're cute though!

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 22, 2018

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

If history must be changed, and we're going to Garlemald next expansion, are we finally going to give Cid his goggles?

I was thinking this same exact thing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I have never met a BLM worth their salt that was not at least some percentage of "It's okay, I can dodge this at the last moment/cooldown this/eat this and live with 1 HP because I need to get this Flare off or everything is ruined."

Most of the rest of a BLM composes entirely of though.

BLM.gif:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
BLM also gets Aetherial Manipulation, which is quite a gamechanger with the ability to teleport behind someone every ten seconds. Between the Lines, which teleports you to your own Leylines once every four secondsIn before "BtL has a cooldown?" and you can duck to safety and then go back to Turret Mode in less than a second. Save quickcast+triplecast, which are 60 second cooldowns, for those unfortunate times when you actually have to use your legs to move, and BLM is actually shockingly mobile.

The pro move is to set up A.Manip macros bound to raid party member numbers and put the macro right next to your party members tab so you can easily see which party member you are teleporting to any given mouse click.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 22, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Groggy nard posted:

BLM also gets Aetherial Manipulation, which is quite a gamechanger with the ability to teleport behind someone every ten seconds. Between the Lines, which teleports you to your own Leylines once every four secondsIn before "BtL has a cooldown?" and you can duck to safety and then go back to Turret Mode in less than a second. Save quickcast+triplecast, which are 60 second cooldowns, for those unfortunate times when you actually have to use your legs to move, and BLM is actually shockingly mobile.

The pro move is to set up A.Manip macros bound to raid party member numbers and put the macro right next to your party members tab so you can easily see which party member you are teleporting to any given mouse click.

Which is a fool's errand, because just lol if you're not F4 F4 Triplecast Flare Flare Convert Flare Super-Ether Swiftcast Flare Foul for maximum Gandhi.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hommando posted:

Never trust an elf.

Rude.

Rainuwastaken posted:

I think the main problem is the music. The original Arboretum dungeon had absolutely wonderful music that made for a relaxing decent into a nice little nature preserve. It was nice and cozy. Arboretum Hard has this scratchy, warped copy of it that's meant to be all, "OoOoOoOoh, there's something wrong with the trees", but all it accomplishes is forcing me to mute my BGM and put something else on for the duration of the dungeon.

I mean, I get to that point with every dungeon, but never on the first run.

It's like an earrape YouTube video, only unironically.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 22, 2018

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
From some pages ago, but:

TheHeadSage posted:

I hope Yoshi-p's highest priority in patch 4.5 is giving us more glamour plates, as 10 nowhere near enough to curb my addiction to having multiple outfits for all my main classes.

Edit: And give me a replica of the wedding ring so I can chuck it in the dresser thing, rather than manually having to glam my rings like some kind of savage.

The glam dresser getting quadruple capacity for storage and ten more plates is my #1 most wanted feature this hot second.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ither posted:

This is Final Fantasy. Some previously unmentioned space monster that represents the abstract nature of life/death/dreams/memories/pineapples on pizza will show up and derail the ending of the game.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Ither posted:

Going to another shard/Another shard trying to invade ours.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
We haven't even gone to the moon yet.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

There's also confirmation of an interstellar civilization that wages war on other planets.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

This is that little chef's toybox or whatever from Maps last night, which I guess is new.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I saw a birdbath in the patch notes and I can see it in garlandtools but I can't figure out where to get one :saddowns:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is Final Fantasy. Some previously unmentioned space monster that represents the abstract nature of life/death/dreams/memories/pineapples on pizza will show up and derail the ending of the game.

It turns out Midgarsormr was forced to flee his original planet by some other malicious alien race, who become the next bad guys.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

UHD posted:

I saw a birdbath in the patch notes and I can see it in garlandtools but I can't figure out where to get one :saddowns:

Also maps, someone got one last night

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Also maps, someone got one last night

god drat maps

thank you

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Ytlaya posted:

It turns out Midgarsormr was forced to flee his original planet by some other malicious alien race, who become the next bad guys.

👀👀👀

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Which is a fool's errand, because just lol if you're not F4 F4 Triplecast Flare Flare Convert Flare Super-Ether Swiftcast Flare Foul for maximum Gandhi.

Even bigger of a fools errand if you don't start that rotation with two Fouls.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Bolow posted:

I have ascended to a level beyond basic bitch. I call it Basic 2

Now I just need to win one more fleece from treasure maps for the ugg boots :v:

That's cute, that you think you're going to steal the title of Most Basic away from me.

Eorzea's downfall came when the Garleans closed every Starbucks outside of Meracydia, forcing the Warrior of Light to travel across the world for PSLs.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

We beat the Garleans, chump the Ascians, go to the moon and show Zodiark who's this boss, and then defeat ourselves as a primal.

In the end cutscene stinger it zooms in on a point in space to reveal Safer Sephiroth is half-way through casting Supernova.

Yeah I'm not worried they'll keep finding things to do until they are bored of making money.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Thundarr posted:

Yeah I'm not worried they'll keep finding things to do until they are bored of making money.
Diadek Eurema 14.0

(please look forward to it)

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

If history must be changed, and we're going to Garlemald next expansion, are we finally going to give Cid his goggles?
I hope so since we'll get to relive this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiMuLIsuU_0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

"Time to log in and work on my gear to unlock things"

*spends 200k on glamour and dyes*