Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Pope Guilty posted:

I have zero sympathy for the people on Steam whining about the paid headshot graphics packs- I love that KF2 keeps getting continual updates and special events and TW's gotta pay for those somehow. Entirely optional DLC that doesn't affect gameplay sounds marvelous.

I paid real money for Mrs. Foster because 1) It's Mrs. Foster and 2) It keeps a Tripwire funded to make more fun weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
While checking out a map that draws extensively from V:tM Bloodlines, I encountered the rare triple Abomination!

Fortunately I only had to kill one of them, though I nearly died during the repeated cutscenes...

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Is there any consensus or thought on the viability of weapon upgrades? Is it better or worse than just getting the next tier weapon?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Danknificent posted:

Is there any consensus or thought on the viability of weapon upgrades? Is it better or worse than just getting the next tier weapon?

It's generally worse. You only want to upgrade a weapon if your end-game build has an empty weight slot for you to upgrade with. There are exceptions, however. For example, the upgraded grenade launcher is excellent if you want to focus on crowd control over target elimination without completely sacrificing your ability to do so.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
It's also just fun to run around exploding things with a fully upgraded grenade pistol.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
The only build I play is stun blast demo with a fully upgraded m79. It's a ton of. I guess I boot up medic sometimes too.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Field Medic can feel really bad with a bad team, but I've been getting some really good groups lately and it's amazing how useful you can feel and how much you can contribute to the group when they're actually able to play defensively and healing them isn't just futile.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah, it's awful to hit someone with eight darts in a row and then they die anyway, how do they have so little self-preservation instinct. On the other hand, hitting someone who is good but out of position with eight darts, having them back up and survive feels awesome.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

aniviron posted:

Yeah, it's awful to hit someone with eight darts in a row and then they die anyway, how do they have so little self-preservation instinct. On the other hand, hitting someone who is good but out of position with eight darts, having them back up and survive feels awesome.

Also, that perk that heals you for 10% of your health whenever you heal somebody can make you feel goddamned invincible some rounds.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah, it's so good. Only reason to ever not take it is if you're solo.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I kind of wish they left the old medic ability to give your team armor. It made me feel super useful and incentivise topping people off. It's super broken on normal but really nice on suicidal and higher.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

aniviron posted:

Yeah, it's so good. Only reason to ever not take it is if you're solo.

No waaaay, Resilience is way better. Sure, Symbiotic Health's free healing is nice, but Resilience makes you basically immortal all the time. You can shrug off enormous hits and never die even when things go really sour, and your own syringe recharges so quickly that you can heal off those reduced damage hits over and over again. Not to mention, it makes your armor last longer based on your current HP too. Being able to wade through any and all threats, even fleshpounds and scrakes, is beyond invaluable. Plus you can solo the entire wave no problem if it comes to that.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Beta is up.

quote:

Support

Doomstick

Increased base damage per pellet from 36 ( 216 ) to 40 ( 240 )

Reduced base weight from 11 to 10

Increased Stumble value from 35 to 55 per pellet

Increased GunHit value from 45 to 75 per pellet

Increased max ammo from 44 to 52

Upgrade to Tier 5 damage increased per pellet from 44 ( 264 ) to 46 ( 276 )

Reduced the ammo cost per magazine from 40 to 25

:getin:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
So whats the meta now, I haven't played in a while. I am maxed out, prestiging FB and Support. Basically only upgrade pistols for Swat/GS? Seems like a huge waste of dosh to me.

ed: did they ever patch the dosh vault crate awarding bug?

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 14, 2018

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Might be placebo but I was oneshotting Hans' shield on Normal with a +1 Doomstick Alt-Fire on a Level 9ish support I think

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I'd love to see like 2 medic/4 support everyone huffing blue fumes all game.

New medic launcher rocks.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.
The MKb. 42 is pretty good, does more damage than the AK but carries less ammo. The FN-FAL however doesn't do anything for the commando that the SCAR doesn't already do. It's cross perked for sharp, but it's basically the same as the EBR which is trash. The new medic gun is nice if you don't have a bugged skin from your medic rifle. It also seems to be bugged at the moment so that if you drop it it fills the grenade launcher back up.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
Halloween event is live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-cRB3-DDA

Lots of new crap and tweaks in the patch notes, too much to dump in one post: https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=232090

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

puppy party posted:

Halloween event is live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-cRB3-DDA

Lots of new crap and tweaks in the patch notes, too much to dump in one post: https://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=232090

quote:

Designer Note - We increased the rate of his farts

Hell yeah!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

This is the best event in years

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Anyone else have an issue with the sound randomly cutting out mid game?

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
What's the deal with dosh vault crates not showing up? I prestiged my medic class and completed a bunch of challenges but nothing is showing up even after a reboot or two of the game. Is it a timed deal?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm having the same problem, no prestige. I earn a stack of dosh and it says crate unlocked but then I get nothing. Have been having the problem for a few months.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Is it just me or is Survivalist... bad? Haven't played in a while but honestly I find it kinda boring.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The freeze gun is fun.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Azran posted:

Is it just me or is Survivalist... bad? Haven't played in a while but honestly I find it kinda boring.

The last class perk was suppose to be a martial arts class but they either ran out of time or couldn't get it to work right so the survivalist was put in its place. Its the jack of all trades master of none class. Its somewhat tank and can heal with nades but not as good as the medic and its damage is okay but other classes do it better.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I do like being able to use shotguns and rpg's while still getting exp but I would scrap the perk in an instant for a working martial arts class.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Isn't he even a bit overpowered on lvl25?

Xenin
Nov 5, 2004
If you were overgifted vault crates due to a bug or abused the the system to get more than you should have, you won't receive any more until your vault dosh amount catches up to where it says it should be on their servers.

You can keep earning, or you can contact support and get them to delete all your vault items and then grant you back the amount of crates you've earned in total. If you really hate what you've got, this mulligan option isn't a bad idea, and it gets your vault working again right away.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Revolver Bunker posted:

The last class perk was suppose to be a martial arts class but they either ran out of time or couldn't get it to work right so the survivalist was put in its place. Its the jack of all trades master of none class. Its somewhat tank and can heal with nades but not as good as the medic and its damage is okay but other classes do it better.

Yes, I remember that. RIP Dragon, you were too good for this world. The last time I played was when they had introduced the Patriarch I think? Either way, cross perk weapons are really fun and certainly add variety to playing the same perk throughout an entire game.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Xenin posted:

If you were overgifted vault crates due to a bug or abused the the system to get more than you should have, you won't receive any more until your vault dosh amount catches up to where it says it should be on their servers.

You can keep earning, or you can contact support and get them to delete all your vault items and then grant you back the amount of crates you've earned in total. If you really hate what you've got, this mulligan option isn't a bad idea, and it gets your vault working again right away.

From a software perspective, the bug is on them - not the player. If they are going to withhold rewards for legitimate actions that should have granted rewards, then that's just stupid and makes them look bad. TWI, If you don't want to have this problem, don't ship software with bugs.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Xenin posted:

I already have all the vault items at gold, jokes on them. I don’t need any more crates

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I have a couple vault items depicted in black and gold in the thumbnail but that appear completely golden ingame, but I have another one that appears as shown. Is there a way to tell which items will be golden and which ones won't?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I've had that vault crate bug hit me since I haven't played in months and I somehow got 35 of them at once. They didn't show up until one day later so I have no idea what's happening :shrug:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I wish the 3 secret switches revealed something more amusing in the Alchemist's Room. I don't expect anything game-altering, but something animated would have been cooler.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

New map's cool, newer weapons are cool, I want that drat clot backpack.

Also the new map's music is :discourse:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone still play in the group or have ya'll moved to like discord or something?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oh hey we are getting the Fireaxe, the Thompson and the MGL-32, neat.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Gromit posted:

I wish the 3 secret switches revealed something more amusing in the Alchemist's Room. I don't expect anything game-altering, but something animated would have been cooler.

What does it do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

clockworkjoe posted:

What does it do?

There's a little box covered in concrete. Hitting all the switches reveals a potato with eyes, teeth, arms, and legs made using zed gibs inside it.