Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm so glad it's you doing PotD and not me.

Keep up the good work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

There is like 1 useful necromancy spell, and it's the one that deals damage and gives you mana equal to damage dealt.

It's also fairly useful if your only Augment X is darkness, but gently caress that system to hell!

augment darkness, like augment light, is actually very easy to get to rank 4 by stealing the skill from some poor sod's corpse. There are guaranteed characters with A. darkness and A light rank 4 that are easy to find if you know where to look.

I still find darkness spells to be of dubious value though.

A. light though on the other hand is fan freaking tastic. I ended up recruiting (and then murdering) a bunch of those characters for scavenging.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Solumin posted:

I'm so glad it's you doing PotD and not me.

Keep up the good work!

Not gonna lie, there was a map on this update that almost made me give up. I didn't mention it in the main update because I didn't want it to get archived when I finish, but lets just say I learned a valuable lesson about how the game still may consider certain weapons unique even though they aren't marked as so.

I also learned that apparently there is a max limit of smilies in a post. The forums didn't like my 19 :negative: so I had to go get GIFs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Does anyone have the mod/patch for the crafting on hand? I don't remember when it got posted in here.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

RareAcumen posted:

Does anyone have the mod/patch for the crafting on hand? I don't remember when it got posted in here.

No, but some of the codes for crafting were

_C0 Can mix with insufficient materials
_L 0x201214F0 0x34110063
_C0 materials won't drop when mixing
_L 0x2008B9C8 0x10000003
_C0 Mixing success rate 100%
_L 0x201285B4 0x10000015

Also:

MortalKombatItHasBegun.gif

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

waah posted:

No, but some of the codes for crafting were

_C0 Can mix with insufficient materials
_L 0x201214F0 0x34110063
_C0 materials won't drop when mixing
_L 0x2008B9C8 0x10000003
_C0 Mixing success rate 100%
_L 0x201285B4 0x10000015

Also:

MortalKombatItHasBegun.gif

There's one more crafting code. Disable the animation.

_C1 Crafting success rate 100%
_L 0x201285B4 0x10000015
_L 0x2012860C 0x340200FF
_C1 No Crafting animation
_L 0x2008BBE8 0x00000000
_L 0x2008BC5C 0x00000000
_C1 Can mix without needed mats
_L 0x201214f0 0x3411063
_C1 Materials don't drop when mixed
_L 0x2008B9C8 Ox10000003

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
PPSSPP is a hell of an emulator.

I have no further comment.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sorry, wrong thread!

Thanks for all the info!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 25, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

akkristor posted:

There's one more crafting code. Disable the animation.

Maybe I didn't forget it. Maybe I secretly enjoy seeing others suffer through crafting.

I forgot

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

We just hit a... uh... minor... speed bump.

Catiua's dead.

I was going to add in the special scene where you have to kill off Catiua completely to get fight that you cant get any other way and then reload beat the game and start on the CODA... uh I found out she was already dead.

That presents a problem as I've already beaten the Palace of the Dead and was expecting this to be my CODA run.

You can't do the CODA without Catiua.

So uhh.. guess who gets to redo Chapter 4 and the Palace of the Dead?

This thing is getting finished no matter what but uhh.. I think this game actively hates me at this point.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Oh god.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I feel I want to quote back at you your own warning about knowing where in the timeline you are but this is punishment enough.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Naramyth posted:

I feel I want to quote back at you your own warning about knowing where in the timeline you are but this is punishment enough.

You aren't the only one who wanted to do that, trust me. Wanting to show off too many things instead of being hyper focused bit me in the tail.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
:negative:

I feel your pain buddy.

Good luck.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
That's like the biggest case of :smithicide: I've ever heard.

Stay safe, Catiua ghost.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

waah posted:

We just hit a... uh... minor... speed bump.

Catiua's dead.

I was going to add in the special scene where you have to kill off Catiua completely to get fight that you cant get any other way and then reload beat the game and start on the CODA... uh I found out she was already dead.

That presents a problem as I've already beaten the Palace of the Dead and was expecting this to be my CODA run.

You can't do the CODA without Catiua.

So uhh.. guess who gets to redo Chapter 4 and the Palace of the Dead?

This thing is getting finished no matter what but uhh.. I think this game actively hates me at this point.

loving oof

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Does anything cool happen or are you just killing yourself to give us an update that is basically "here is the sonic OC recolour enemies and the map is a bumpy square"? Because if the latter is true I'd say maybe spare yourself.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
catiua sucks and I’m glad she’s dead

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Does anything cool happen or are you just killing yourself to give us an update that is basically "here is the sonic OC recolour enemies and the map is a bumpy square"? Because if the latter is true I'd say maybe spare yourself.

It's a minor story point but it doesn't matter anyways. The problem was months ago when I decided to forge through the CODA after the Pirates Graveyard the auto AI killed Catiua with extreme prejudice at Heim.

I didn't think anything of it cause I was just gonna do Azlestan for the LP and then just load a different save. But I got lazy in making sure all my CODA flags were set and missed the most important one.

I can do everything else right for the CODA, if Catiua is dead in the Warren Report I might as well have completed the game on Neutral or something stupid.

I can always just put the save file on the vita and play through it at night to fix some potential loyalty issues and for the most part it won't effect the coming update. It just means I get to play through the Palace of the Dead for the... 5th time? On this save file.

Yay.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Press f to post respects

Yeah this game is hosed, which is a shame because it's a lot of fun

Bregor
May 31, 2013

F

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'd figure with all the memory editing already done somebody would have a way to res characters, but I imagine that's not what people have been concerned with.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

waah posted:

It's a minor story point but it doesn't matter anyways. The problem was months ago when I decided to forge through the CODA after the Pirates Graveyard the auto AI killed Catiua with extreme prejudice at Heim.

I didn't think anything of it cause I was just gonna do Azlestan for the LP and then just load a different save. But I got lazy in making sure all my CODA flags were set and missed the most important one.

I can do everything else right for the CODA, if Catiua is dead in the Warren Report I might as well have completed the game on Neutral or something stupid.

I can always just put the save file on the vita and play through it at night to fix some potential loyalty issues and for the most part it won't effect the coming update. It just means I get to play through the Palace of the Dead for the... 5th time? On this save file.

Yay.

To be fair, the game's tactical combat is gorgeous and quite fun. To be even more fair, you're a loving legend if you go through that again.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

JustJeff88 posted:

To be fair, the game's tactical combat is gorgeous and quite fun. To be even more fair, you're a loving legend if you go through that again.

I like to think of it as a pretty great Strategy RPG with a series of escalating torture devices pre-installed.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

agradine posted:

I like to think of it as a pretty great Strategy RPG with a series of escalating torture devices pre-installed.

Well said. It's not that there have never been games remade twice, but this is probably the first game that I wish would be remade twice.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

JustJeff88 posted:

Well said. It's not that there have never been games remade twice, but this is probably the first game that I wish would be remade twice.

I don't know about a remake. I think a Square Enix patch could fix all the problems with crafting and the post game.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Patch where you can reset class levels to 1 in World Tarot. That’s number one for me, even over ridiculous crafting nonsense.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

waah posted:

I don't know about a remake. I think a Square Enix patch could fix all the problems with crafting and the post game.

Assuming that it's possible from a technical standpoint, and it may or may not be - I have no bloody clue, I'm surprised that a fan patch hasn't popped up yet. This game seems to be of the type that has a small but passionate following that would eventually do that.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

JustJeff88 posted:

Assuming that it's possible from a technical standpoint, and it may or may not be - I have no bloody clue, I'm surprised that a fan patch hasn't popped up yet. This game seems to be of the type that has a small but passionate following that would eventually do that.

True. And it's not like the game needs a "hardtype" patch a la every FFT fan project ever.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

agradine posted:

True. And it's not like the game needs a "hardtype" patch a la every FFT fan project ever.

I agree. Sometimes I think that gamers, especially older gamers that lived during the Era of Horrific Design, need games that are just sickeningly difficult so that they can level up their internet cred and somehow prove themselves to an aloof parent who isn't there.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

JustJeff88 posted:

I agree. Sometimes I think that gamers, especially older gamers that lived during the Era of Horrific Design, need games that are just sickeningly difficult so that they can level up their internet cred and somehow prove themselves to an aloof parent who isn't there.

Hey. She was right there passed out on the couch.

Oh

:smith:

Notorious Moogle
Jan 19, 2008
Feldschlacht IV

JustJeff88 posted:

Ehhhhh it depends on how difficult. Every game doesn't need to be 'DARK SOULS GIT GUD' level (although I really enjoy Dark Souls), but I remembered hating myself the last time I purchased a 60 dollar game and blazed through it in about a day or so. I distinctly remember feeling like I got robbed. Not every game has to be difficult or challenging tho

With that being said I do emphasize the difference between actual challenge and artificial difficulty via poorly designed absence of quality of life game design choices.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Notorious Moogle posted:

Ehhhhh it depends on how difficult. Every game doesn't need to be 'DARK SOULS GIT GUD' level (although I really enjoy Dark Souls), but I remembered hating myself the last time I purchased a 60 dollar game and blazed through it in about a day or so. I distinctly remember feeling like I got robbed. Not every game has to be difficult or challenging tho

I see your point, but Games of Yore (tm) were often very, very hard to extend the playtime as the amount of content was extremely limited by space. That's no longer the case, though I will grant you that the cost of developing major titles has ballooned horribly. That, however, could be placed more upon a desire to have cutting edge production values, which aren't strictly necessary and aren't really content in terms of mysteries to solve and challenges to overcome.

My impression of LUCT is that, horrible crafting mechanics aside, one is obligated to repeat the same content over and over for diminishing returns, but the choice is either that or miss out on original content. I'm all for a challenging 100-level post-game dungeon-a-thon, but having to redo that Mega Dungeon over and over, even doing bits of it over and over, is just ludicrous. If people just want to play the story and stop that's fine - no-one is obligated to do anything unwanted. If somebody does want to see 100% of a game, however, and doing so feels like a punishment, that's bad design in my book.

quote:

With that being said I do emphasize the difference between actual challenge and artificial difficulty via poorly designed absence of quality of life game design choices.

You and me both. Even after decades there are a lot of sacred cows that still need to be put down. We'd all have more fun + cheesburgers

On another note, I hope that this isn't dead. I couldn't blame anyone for getting fed up with the grind, but I still hope that it's not dead.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

JustJeff88 posted:

On another note, I hope that this isn't dead. I couldn't blame anyone for getting fed up with the grind, but I still hope that it's not dead.

Its not. The winter/fall seasons are really busy at work and that may or may not be where I do most or my write ups.

We will get there. We just might be going at a not very fast speed for a little bit.

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

JustJeff88 posted:

My impression of LUCT is that, horrible crafting mechanics aside, one is obligated to repeat the same content over and over for diminishing returns, but the choice is either that or miss out on original content. I'm all for a challenging 100-level post-game dungeon-a-thon, but having to redo that Mega Dungeon over and over, even doing bits of it over and over, is just ludicrous. If people just want to play the story and stop that's fine - no-one is obligated to do anything unwanted. If somebody does want to see 100% of a game, however, and doing so feels like a punishment, that's bad design in my book.

It's interesting to find this thread just as I'm hitting stride on my second playthrough of LUCT, coming back with World Tarot to pick up characters on missed paths before going into Palace of the Dead. I wanted to play again for the Hero King Unscathed and Concord King achievements (finishing the game without any party member ever getting incapacitated, and without using Chariot Tarot+retreating respectively) since virtually everything else can be gotten with World on a revisit.

As I start making items that require Wootz Steel I remember all the hours I spent churning out bars while watching TV, and looking at Palace of the Dead I'm remembering how after the first trip through I would just set the whole team to AI-controlled and check every few levels to make sure no one had lost any lives before saving. I finish the Elemental Temples questline to get Shaman and they give three classmarks for four sisters, so have fun doing that again to actually get the full set of four (and Iuria!). I redo the start of Ch4L to get Ozma and then realize that they don't actually give you *any* classmarks for her, so to get Double Attack on my shiny new Knight Commander then I get to go kill her brother over and over again or... steal them off a zombie Templar in random encounters on a specific map, I think?

Anyway, I do really love the game or I wouldn't be coming back after thrashing it for 1000+ hours the first time. I think part of it is that there are so many things to discover and they're mostly functional instead of just cosmetic, even if so many of them require reading the guide first to minimize the ordeal involved. (End of Coda spoiler) Another part was taking down Loslorien chunk by chunk 3 vs. 15 to get Lanselot Tartaros' death line.

If I could change anything it would probably be just loosening a lot of the requirements in Coda to "you need to have done this once, ever". You shouldn't need to come into Coda from Princess ending CH4L just to move forward with the Coda chapters as long as you have the required characters. You shouldn't need to clear PotD in Chapter 4 and then take that game into Coda to be able to use Palace Guides on the way to Warren. You should be able to defer the Shaman class quest to Coda entirely, considering it's nearly as long as Ch4 by itself. It would also be nice if more of this info was built into the game itself so that if e.g. you finish the game getting a Lord ending in Chaotic, the World Tarot screen would at least suggest trying different paths to be able to move further.

Also, Square needs to get to work on a sequel. Come on guys, the ending screen even says 'To be continued...'

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

WORLD Episode 11: Creepiness is Next to Lichiness

Where Are We?

We are currently playing through floors 76 through 100 in the Palace of the Dead in Chapter 4 Law. If you're just starting here for some reason, yes the floors are out of order, especially this deep in. To put them all in numerical order would take away from the feeling you get when you play through and wonder, "I just beat floor 82, why the gently caress is the next floor floor 91?" When we last updated this thread with original content, we had just beaten Beelzebuth with no sign of Georges around. We won’t be seeing either one of those characters again thank God. All that’s left is for us to continue to the grind to the final level of the Palace of the Dead. Let us wait no longer, Nybeth awaits.

As is the case with most maps at this point, there’s nothing we haven’t seen here before.

Things die and we move on.

You know I enjoy this map. When I look at it, I’m pretty sure the bottom half is just a POTD skinning of the last stage of the water temple. Of all the times I’ve played through this map, and all the hours I put into this game, I’m just now realizing it. I’d say they did a good job of hiding it.

The top half is completely different, so it’s not a complete reskin.

But let’s check out an enemy here.

Wraith’s are a common enemy type down here. But do you notice something weird about them?

Lavawalk. Boy, I bet this won’t be important at all in the coming battles.

This floor can be a Heavenly General Floor. We don’t have any Forks though, so it’s just a regular fight here.

This is a longer map where you start at a disadvantage.

Things get really pretty messy and bogged down about here.

Have I shown you guys Thunderburst yet? If not here we go. It’s a cool looking spell.

Again, another reused map. Nothing important about this one as shown. A Lipul’s Rod which is a pretty good 1 handed light cudgel can drop on this map, but we’re not reloading to get it to drop.

Level 81 is the same layout at one of the level 40s map. The Odiferous Wafer can drop here as well as a curse hammer. Neither enemy decided to show up for us to try to get it off them.

Level 88 with all the dumb fucks on the internet now, why did you have to be the one to drop good weapons.

This guy can drop the Thunderfire which is a non-unique 1 handed katana. Yes, you can retreat or go back to get a ninja with 2 Thunderfires and it’s really pretty good.
A female ninja can drop a cursed 2 handed katana, but again, she decided to not show up.

Now that I’m paying attention here, I’m noticing that a lot of the cooler maps that I thought were unique maps for the PoTD are recycled maps from the elemental shrine guardians. I want to say this was the Ice Guardian’s map (the hydra), but I can’t remember for sure. But honestly, look at the cool as heck map here. Those gravestones and the eerie purple fire really set one heckuva atmosphere.

Floor 93 is another Heavenly General map.

This is floor 93. We’ve seen this one before and it’s an often used map for this area.

This ugly dude here can drop the Bentisca, a 2 handed ice affinity spear. Nothing more to say about it.

Floor 94 is kinda like a crappy king of the hill map. We’ve seen this one before as well though.

What’s important is this one, she’ll drop a 1 handed ice katana named the Awakener.

Floor 98 is special. But not until the second time we complete the PoTD in the CODA. Right now, it’s just a standard floor.

You can get a Femakk’s Blowgun from this level. You don’t need to unless you are a masochist.

This is a glorious map.

I don’t know what it is about this map that makes me enjoy it so much. It’s not a good map to fight on, but it’s just so, different. I think just because it breaks up the monotony so much at this point that I’m just willing to give it points for being a completely unique map 80+ battles in.

So this is Floor 83.

You know, the more I look at these maps for this LP, without actually playing them, I notice that they are partially reused maps. I thought this was a unique map, but the top part is recycled from a map in the mid 40s or 50s with a really narrow area you can fight on. In that map, it’s nothing but pits. In this map, there’s the poison water and the map is extended out.

This little sniper here can drop a cursed 2 handed fusil. This is one of the more desirable cursed weapons for several reasons. Fusils in general are very heavy which causes a unit to move slowly. A cursed weapon once… powered up we’ll say… weighs nothing. In addition, I don’t believe there are any fusils in game with elemental affinities. In the late game, matching and stacking elemental affinities are what help make some of these weapons extremely overpowered.

Of course she wouldn’t drop it for us in this play through

Alexa, show me the Scylla who can drop the shadowed greaves.

This guy can drop the flame flail which is a kinda lackluster 1 handed hammer. It’s good but 1 handed hammer weapons invite you to use shields and then all of a sudden you end up with a character who only has 3 actions per fight because he’s so slow.

The cursed spell book is here, and this is another very good cursed weapon to get because of the way that cursed weapons boost stats and the way that magic damage is calculated.

You guys know how I feel about pits. :argh:

It’s just the gravestone look that I dig. I’m convinced of it.

This guy can drop the Prox, which is a pretty decent 1 handed axe fire elemental Axe. If you somehow have a bunch of Vartans that aren’t Canopus, you could do worse than equipping one of these on them.

As you can see, sometimes even being overpowered ends up not quite working

Boy, if only I was smart enough to put more units that could exorcise stilled units in this map I wouldn’t have to constantly check on my AI squad.

Fine, let’s talk about Deneb for a second. She’s awesome. :swoon:

She has a skill called magic time. And every time you use it, she gives you an awesome quote, in which she talks poo poo, and then the screen goes nuts.

I’m not kidding. The screen goes nuts.

Then Deneb gives herself spellcraft and spellstrike enhancements. Deneb can go nuts and murder absolutely everything if you are actually playing the game and have invested in her. Needless to say, we fix the clusterfuck that was that map and move on.

Nothing to see here, similar map as a previous level.

This guy can drop the cursed spear.

There is literally no reason why I would point this guy out.

Uh oh, you know what that means?
:frogsiren: STORY BATTLE TIME :frogsiren:

Finally, we get to take down the guy who kicked everyone’s rear end the first time they fought him way back in chapter 1.
And also the guy who caused lots of rage quits in chapter 4 chaos trying to save Cressida.

Nybeth, it’s all over. :black101:

Uhhh. Wat? No grand monologue on how we’re foolish to try to stop him? He’s looking forward to losing? What the poo poo is this Nybeth?

GOD drat IT SUMMON DARKNESS!!!!
:argh:

Gladly Tactics Ogre, gladly.

But did you notice that that the wraiths he summoned are over the lava? Remember when I pointed out lavawalk? It turns out that even if you have a hovering unit like say a fairy or gremlin, they can’t actually go over the lava. Even those units still need lavawalk, and since a wraith is just an enemy only version of an existing undead class, there had to be planning to make sure that Nybeth’s units could move freely on this map.

As far as for Nybeth himself:

Nybeth can cast some serious magic. Abyss II is a heckuva spell. He will not be casting it this battle. He will be casting summon darkness like 50 times this battle.

However, we got business to attend to, Don Quixote, go nuke the first unit.

The battle progresses slowly, even being powered up a lot. There’s just not a lot of room to maneuver here unless you have characters that have items that can grant lavawalk, or you happen to have a couple flame dragons ready to go.

Nybeth enjoys casting Summon Darkness. Like as often as he can. The way to get around this is a little ingenious. If you only kill the undead monsters, and don’t exorcise them, he can’t summon more than a set number of characters.

Can’t quite get it poetic justice that a divine knight is the one to take down Nybeth.

:argh:

Don’t worry, Catuia will do the honors.

So Nybeth is one creepy muthafucker. You kill him and in his dying breaths, he talks about how great it is to die and its ecstasy. His story arc and character development makes the case for less is more. But there’s more to it as usual in Tactics Ogre. There are some pretty big developments for him and characters in our party that happen in Chaos and Neutral paths. Even though you only need to get to the level 5 story battle with Nybeth to get all the stories, I don’t know if I have the patience to do so, and if I do, it’s not for a while as my main goal is to get the CODA done before the heat death of the universe.

Feel free to discuss what happens in those conversations if you know what happens with Cressida and Nybeth (Chaos) or Oelias, Dievold, and Nybeth (Neutral).

We get some good loot here. Important things to note are the Secret of the Master, which lets you create very important late game items like Divine Forks, and Palace Guides which you also get here. The Palace guides let you skip to floors 26, 51, and 76 for each one used. So if you wanted to go straight to floor 76, then you’d consume a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd edition Palace Guide. Of course, this only works if you have the Palace of the Dead flagged as completed in the Warren Report. So if I am playing through Law and beat the PoTD, and then decide to WORLD back to the end of Chapter 3 Chaos so I can do Chapter 4 Chaos, then my Palace Guides mean poo poo. In the game’s eyes, I haven’t completely the Palace of the Dead in the Warren Report so I have to beat all 85+ floors in order to use the Palace Guides again.

Mainly these palace guides are used so that you can get to floor 51 and farm for Orichalcum once you’ve done everything else you need to do. It’s soul crushing. But you get this cool title if you beat the PoTD without CHARIOT or retreating.

And as you can see my Chaos Frame is tanking hard core with the Bakram after this.

Farewell Nybeth, you creepy gently caress.

And that is the Palace of the Dead Gentlegoons. :toot:

Thanks for joining me on this trip. Now it's time for me load up this save file on the Vita and spend a few weeks unfucking my save files by killing off Catuia.

Edit: It's not the exact same battle as when I screen shot this for the LP, but it's a version of the final fight using the same save data. Enjoy video of the Nybeth Battle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN_F8Am1pJs

waah fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 29, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I distinctly remember fairies and gremlins could float over the lava in the SFC version. That's a weird thing to go back on.

And Nybbas's ultimate dream is to become another random rear end ghost hanging out in this dank creepy ruin to gently caress with random adventurers? Whatever floats your boat mang.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I think Nybeth figured he’d reach some world-destroying dark magic poo poo at the bottom of the Palace. But no, it’s just a lava pit and a useless altar. So he changes his tune to, “Yes, I welcome death! Mwahahaha!” It’s kind of a lame turn if you ask me.

Now run the PotD again to get all the drops you missed :getin:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Bregor posted:

I think Nybeth figured he’d reach some world-destroying dark magic poo poo at the bottom of the Palace. But no, it’s just a lava pit and a useless altar. So he changes his tune to, “Yes, I welcome death! Mwahahaha!” It’s kind of a lame turn if you ask me.

Now run the PotD again to get all the drops you missed :getin:

Oh I have them all good sir. I'm just going to get all the drops again so that I can show them off in a SSLP. I'm stupid, but I'm not that stupid.

I already have to do the PoTD at least 1 1/2 more times why do you hate me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So did Nybeth breach the fourth wall? The palace was made for us, the players?