Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HD DAD posted:

“Captain, sensors are detecting we’re a fictional universe being observed over television”

Everyone turns and stares into the camera for 41 minutes

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-674

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.
Does anybody have the link to that artist’s Tumblr where they redid the Trek species as more alien? Like the Bajorans were basically space llamas, I think the Ferengi were bug people?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Pieces of Peace posted:

Like the Bajorans were basically space llamas, I think the Ferengi were bug people?

Ferengi are clearly rodents.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Bloop posted:

The Enterprise is a Paladin
The Excelsior is a Cleric
The Defiant is a Fighter
Romulan Warbird is an Assassin
Klingon BoP is a Rogue
USS Voyager is a bard

The Prometheus is a Ranger with Multi-shot

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

womb with a view posted:

True but every time the conversation gets going the unnecessary plot device of the rickety Bajoran poo poo barge falls apart again and we need another scene of the two of them rotating a pair of cranks laboriously.

I like the aesthetic and idea of the space sail ship but... good god does that as a concept fall apart with a single glance of scrutiny. How the hell are they getting off the planet in the first place if they dont' even have electricity? Or get enough speed for orbit to use the sails? That was really silly.

The Bloop posted:

The Defiant is a Fighter
Klingon BoP is a Rogue
USS Voyager is a bard

NX-01 is your friend thats never played before, joining your group, and loving around the whole time screwing things up while not knowing the rules.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Tom Guycot posted:

How the hell are they getting off the planet in the first place if they dont' even have electricity?.
Bajor has led the galactic pack in rubber band technologies since time immemorial

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Bloop posted:

The Defiant is a Fighter
Klingon BoP is a Rogue
USS Voyager is a bard

That Romulan ship from Nemesis is some min-maxed bullshit like Pun-Pun.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pieces of Peace posted:

Does anybody have the link to that artist’s Tumblr where they redid the Trek species as more alien? Like the Bajorans were basically space llamas, I think the Ferengi were bug people?

Sounds like you're thinking of Pick's star trek doodle parade.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nah I think they’re thinking of the Spock dog book by Subspace. Anyway honestly there’s shitloads of people who do it, I can post some sometime. “Laurenhatch” is one I think, does rad stuff.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Lots of people LOVE Bolians apparently.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Lots of people LOVE Bolians apparently.

Once you go blue with a seam down the middle...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Nice new poster.

https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/status/1046791887317692416

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Star Trek: Dark Phoenix

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Romulans?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

If there's Romulans, I'm watching. It's impossible to make the Romulans disinteresting to me.

*Nemesis, ST9 pull at Brawnfire's sleeve*

YEP ROMULANS ARE ALWAYS THE COOLEST.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I think it's supposed to be like angelic imagery. The producers said the season has something to do with science vs. religion.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

HD DAD posted:

“Captain, sensors are detecting we’re a fictional universe being observed over television”

Everyone turns and stares into the camera for 41 minutes

The first season of Akibaranger was pretty great, yeah.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I think it's supposed to be like angelic imagery. The producers said the season has something to do with science vs. religion.

Oh lordy

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Drink-Mix Man posted:

I'm sure they'll tackle this subject with the same finesse and thoughtfulness they used in season one and the end result won't be an insulting mess of mixed messages

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Star Trek V: The Final TV Series.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

it might tackle that, but thats going to 100% involve romulans.

I can't wait to see bald romulans with horns and 4 arms who spend all day drinking fighting and laughing

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Pieces of Peace posted:

http://unimatrixeight.tumblr.com/tagged/redesigns

?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Fuuuuck.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

Ohh yeah that’s the stuff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Science vs religion are some of the best trek episodes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I'm sure Discovery will do it as well as Devil's Due or even Mortal Coil :rolleye:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Never forget how every single alien Heaven in Star Trek is real, except Neelix’s because gently caress that guy

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Drink-Mix Man posted:

lmao

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I feel like it never gets enough love, but one of my all time favorite trek episodes is "Picard has to go to court to prove God is a grifter".

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I know, it's just my general lack of trust in the new show combined with it being an easy topic to gently caress up. I should give them another chance, I suppose.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

That's the one I was thinking of, got it wrong though and its "laurelhatch", my bad :doh:.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Someone already committed Nog's diff on accident

code:
git checkout -b tom-riker

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Pacra posted:

What is that ship, the USS Pendulous Breasts?????

James Cameron made a design for a spaceship with boobs to make fun of Roger Corman, and Roger Corman decided to actually put it in the movie.

I'm not joking, that's actually what happened.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I mean, I am a little curious.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Hype as all hell for them bringing back Apollo

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I mean, I am a little curious.

Odo doesn't whip it out, he dissolves into a sensual dust that gets everywhere. Everywhere.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

The Bloop posted:

Once you go blue with a seam down the middle...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Tau are a lot like the Dominion actually. In this podcast I will examine

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I laughed in the other thread and I laughed again seeing it here