Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Shoot/punch...

Left: 7.25, Libertarian: 0.85

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

Yeah, that question came across as loaded to me. While yes, there are some standards the government should set for moral behavior like 'don't loving lynch people for their race', there's a lot more it shouldn't be enforcing like 'it's not cool to refuse people medical care because your religion says so'.

Yeah that one was a little weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

….

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 9, 2018

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

CENNNNNNNTRISSSSSSSSSSST

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I fall under punch. I didn't really like the test and how some of it was worded, and what I'm guessing was the "weighting" factor for each question. But about what I expected, but figured I might be even more left that the rainbow box says I am.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Has anyone beaten my leftist score of 8.12 yet?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I don't really like quizzes like that. I've been through it a few times and on a lot of issues my answers don't remain the same and some of my answers are not what I'd like to answer but how I feel based upon the current state of the world instead of under ideal conditions.

Here's the latest results for me though, Left: 3.58, Libertarian: 2.62.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Suburban Dad posted:

I fall under punch. I didn't really like the test and how some of it was worded, and what I'm guessing was the "weighting" factor for each question. But about what I expected, but figured I might be even more left that the rainbow box says I am.

I have nearly the exact same graph.

"You are a left moderate social libertarian. Left: 6.02, Libertarian: 2.62"

Solidly in the "Punch Nazis" category, and yeah, that feels like something I'd actually do.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

Yeah, that question came across as loaded to me. While yes, there are some standards the government should set for moral behavior like 'don't loving lynch people for their race', there's a lot more it shouldn't be enforcing like 'it's not cool to refuse people medical care because your religion says so'.

Also, 8.1/3.5.
Authoritarian / libertarian is how much power the government has to set and enforce those types of standards. Left / right is what kinds of standards are set. Simplification of course. Putting them in one question is strange.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 9, 2018

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Fermented Tinal posted:

I don't really like quizzes like that. I've been through it a few times and on a lot of issues my answers don't remain the same and some of my answers are not what I'd like to answer but how I feel based upon the current state of the world instead of under ideal conditions.

My wife really struggled with that component of the quiz, too. Like I said earlier, I think it's good for rough comparison. It puts us in the right quadrants, at least.

I took a similar quiz a couple years ago and I was much closer to the center of the left-right scale. I guess the last few years have shifted my views more than I had realized.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I'm not taking your dumb online survey and reducing myself to a pin on a graph.

Racism/xenophobia/homophobia: gently caress no
Weed: legalize it
Abortion: no uterus, not my business
Guns: I can't have any, but knock yourself out; they should not, however, be accessable to the mentally ill
Healthcare: every civilized country on the planet has a working model, copy one
Corporations: not people
Religion: again, knock yourself out, but keep it out of my government

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 9, 2018

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
UK Goons: Halfords seem to have an offer on - any in store purchase by this Sunday (14th) gets you a free MOT voucher, valid until end of next October.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Dagen H posted:

Guns: I can't have any, but knock yourself out; they should not, however, be accessable to the mentally ill

So you listed the answers that would reduce you to a pin on a graph. :D

And you're also a Nazi-Puncher.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Dagen H posted:

Your pin would be about where mine is.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Allow me to summarize my political leanings for you with a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhPDRcT13GU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

meatpimp posted:

So you listed the answers that would reduce you to a pin on a graph. :D

I gave my own opinions, rather than answering pre-formulated questions from a questionable source.

meatpimp posted:

And you're also a Nazi-Puncher.

I'll cop to that.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
It looks like the majority of folks in here are Nazi punchers. So the question is whether everyone is losing long 10mm sockets all the time because that's what they tuck in their fists when it's punching time?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

tetrapyloctomy posted:

It looks like the majority of folks in here are Nazi punchers. So the question is whether everyone is losing long 10mm sockets all the time because that's what they tuck in their fists when it's punching time?

Hit em with torque wrenches and breaker bars.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

Hit em with torque wrenches and breaker bars.

gently caress having to recalibrate a torque wrench because a Nazi got in its way.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

tetrapyloctomy posted:

gently caress having to recalibrate a torque wrench because a Nazi got in its way.

Freedom aint free.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

Freedom aint free.

Wise words, and I am swayed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't need a test to tell me that I am 100% pro Nazi Punching. My biggest fictional heroes were created by oppressed Jewish men. My greatest artistic hero went to loving war just so he could kill Nazis. The living representation of Captain America is firmly and vocally for the punching of actual Nazis.

gently caress Nazis and gently caress the people who downplay and deny that there are Nazis walking among us.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

All this politichat and I'm over here just like... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y&t=9s

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

64bit_Dophins posted:

I was driving my Accord today and thought to myself "this car was built before 9/11" and that kind of bugged me out. God the 90s sucked but at least looking back it seemed like a more innocent time.

I like cars because when I'm in them I don't have to think about the raging fire surrounding all of us. It's just me, Rob Zombie, and VTEC yo.

Until I get into traffic, then I hate everyone.

Tomarse posted:

Go onto Amazon/Ebay/Your preferred seller of Chinese electronics and search for "USB endoscope" or "USB inspection camera". Prices start at under :10bux: .

I need to get one of those and a cheap Android device to use with it (more portable than a laptop.)

Goober Peas posted:

My qol has improved by reducing my time on social media. I wonder what would happen if I quit SA.

I severely limit my attention to Facebook, and I'm not on any other social media. I don't miss it, except when a friend or relation posts event invites or the like there and nowhere else.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Anyone with Nazi views is firmly in the "cant be reasoned with" category.

Besides, Captain Amercia punched Adolf Hitler in the face, I cant think of a more proudly freedom fighting thing to do. Punch Nazis 24/7

meatpimp posted:

Alright, youse guys got me looking into it, and through the spectrum quizzes, I have shifted more left, but not extremist. The quiz below labeled me "You are a left moderate social libertarian."

https://www.gotoquiz.com/politics/political-spectrum-quiz.html

Here's where I ended up. Put your ideologies where your typing fingers are.

Last time I took that one, or a similar one, I ended up about half way between you and the center line, and a bit down towards small-L-libertarian. According to that test, I was right under Bernie, and a bit north and east of Gandhi. That surprised me a lot at the time, really. Hillary and pretty much everyone else in the running at that time (last presidential election primaries) were in the northeast quadrant, except Bernie.
All I really want is for people to be allowed to live, nobody to go hungry or sick, because that's what decent people do. Supposedly that's what Christians are supposed to do, too, but that seems to have been lost somewhere along the way.

BraveUlysses posted:

remember republicans can call democrats every terrible thing under the sun but they have the right to be really upset forever because a lovely politician called them deplorable

and yes hillary was an believably lovely candidate but you cant pretend that tons of republican voters would never vote for a democrat no matter who the candidate is

Hillary was literally the only candidate who could have lost to Trump. So many people just flat out hated her and voted for the bag or crazy instead. *I* hated voting for her, but, as always, our choice is between two slightly different evils.
The fact that the Dems have even brought up the notion that she could run again just screams out how much they are out of touch with reality and the voting public.

Wrar posted:

It would make more sense to section the blade anyway, for ease of maintenance. You'd have a primary beam and then a blade per head or three.

Sort of like a finger brake? Only use the blades you have heads for?
I really like the laser idea, too. Saves on mess if it'll cauterize as it cuts.

Dagen H posted:

My man.
(Though I can have guns. I only have a couple. I don't feel the need to carry them in public, nor have I ever shot anyone.)

tetrapyloctomy posted:

I find a ~14mm deep more comfortable.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I've been blasting Rob Zombie in my car on the way to work everyday and it's actually really good.

Living dead girl just reminds me of Gran Turismo 2 which makes me really happy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

64bit_Dophins posted:

I've been blasting Rob Zombie in my car on the way to work everyday and it's actually really good.

Dragula won't leave my head and it's driving me crazy.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

64bit_Dophins posted:

That album is pure trashy strip club music, it's great.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

meatpimp posted:

:same:

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

meatpimp posted:

Dragula won't leave my head and it's making me want to play NFS Underground 2 on my work computer.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Every time I see the forum title it starts playing in my head, can we just...leave it as is well after October?

Reload and Superbeast remind me of WoW PvP videos from 2006 which is probably the lamest possible connection one can make.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

64bit_Dophins posted:

Dragula won't leave my head and it's making me want to play NFS Underground 2 on my work computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFQ9-JEOQVo

The remix from Twisted Metal 4.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Omg this is great

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

64bit_Dophins posted:

I had some RZ on my playlist on holiday, and when the girl from Toyota went to turn on the car to check the mileage/fuel on handback, it automatically reconnected to my phone and started playing loving In A UFO at some decent volume. :discourse:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

oh hey it's the Matrix and it's 1999 again

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I played all those together at different intervals and it sounded p cool

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
Can someone please explain the "sluggo is lit" meme to me?

I don't get it.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Sluggo, from the "Nancy" comic strip. He's lit.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sluggo-is-lit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

I'm fairly certain this is the remix from the American Made Music To Strip By album.

It owns.

• Locked thread