Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

Taco Time is better food than than Taco Bell.

People keep thinking the problem is that we're eating at the wrong kind of taco time but the reality is that you people just like bland terrible food.

Taco Bell at least has a flavor, Taco Time is like eating cardboard.

Edit: Can we change the thread poll to be about taco time vs taco bell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ElCondemn posted:

People keep thinking the problem is that we're eating at the wrong kind of taco time but the reality is that you people just like bland terrible food.

Bland terrible food is better than flavorful food that tastes like poo poo. HTH.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

ElCondemn posted:

I'll take a typical teriyaki place over either of those to be honest.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

therobit posted:

Bland terrible food is better than flavorful food that tastes like poo poo. HTH.

I now understand the insanity, if you don't want flavor why would you eat out at all? Stay at home and eat plain oatmeal, eating out should be about flavors... this is insanity!

Solkanar512 posted:

I'll take a typical teriyaki place over either of those to be honest.

Same, but only because it tastes better, not because it's less offensive to my buds.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Eating out your mom is definitely about the flavor.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

ElCondemn posted:

I now understand the insanity, if you don't want flavor why would you eat out at all? Stay at home and eat plain oatmeal, eating out should be about flavors... this is insanity!

Same, but only because it tastes better, not because it's less offensive to my buds.

If I want to take time and money to eat out, then yes. If I am Eating Taco Bell or Taco Time it is because I don't have time or energy to cook dinner, it is cheaper than Rigoberto's, and they have a drive through so it is fast the children remain in 5 point restraints. This only happens like once a month, and only when my wife is working late so she isn't there to watch the kids while I cook.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Goast posted:

Except their pricing is pretty much the same as any other fast food place

But if there's a $1 taco truck anywhere near you just go there instead you dumb nerds

I mean yeah, but what if I have something against food made by a human and not squirted out of a mechanical udder?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I thought we all agreed to only eat tacos from Jack In The Box.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I thought we all agreed to only eat tacos from Jack In The Box.

not since they raised the price to more than 2 for a 1$

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I think we're all just too exhausted to talk about important things.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm on bed rest for the entire week because my body is all hosed up and all I can think about was how I went to the ER after my primary physician told me to go there to get the quickest ultrasound possible and then I was in and out of the ER in under three hours. And the whole time I was there I could overhear patients in the curtained cubbies adjacent to mine who were lamenting that they couldn't pay for things or weren't sure what their insurance covered or that they didn't have insurance at all. And how I was able to call up my employer's HR hotline and invoke a week of FMLA time off without any hassle or fear of losing my job.

And then I tried to think about how we can get everyone to that level of security. But I didn't come up with anything useful.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

I'm on bed rest for the entire week because my body is all hosed up and all I can think about was how I went to the ER after my primary physician told me to go there to get the quickest ultrasound possible and then I was in and out of the ER in under three hours. And the whole time I was there I could overhear patients in the curtained cubbies adjacent to mine who were lamenting that they couldn't pay for things or weren't sure what their insurance covered or that they didn't have insurance at all. And how I was able to call up my employer's HR hotline and invoke a week of FMLA time off without any hassle or fear of losing my job.

And then I tried to think about how we can get everyone to that level of security. But I didn't come up with anything useful.

Reduce military spending.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

:guillotine:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Our tolerance of our healthcare system as a society is loving mind-boggling.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

The whales are universal health care, college education, and basic income. The father is bernie and the mother is hillary, 911 is the DNC.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Freakazoid_ posted:

The whales are universal health care, college education, and basic income. The father is bernie and the mother is hillary, 911 is the DNC.

Not wholly accurate, since 911 didn't immediately send out whaling ships to murder the whales.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Stolen from the Local Politics thread:

Has Schrier just been campaigning that badly or something?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Nucleic Acids posted:

I am really hoping traditional polling just goes out the window here in washington due to the mail in, no postage required voting.

But the eastside sucks and is where all the rich righties hide from the dirty city so maybe Rossi really will win :(

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nucleic Acids posted:

You know the 8th district has literally never sent a Democrat to Congress, right? It was always going to be a huge uphill battle.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Thanatosian posted:

You know the 8th district has literally never sent a Democrat to Congress, right? It was always going to be a huge uphill battle.

Oh, no, I knew that, but I guess I was hoping things might be changing this year, especially given that it's apparently Democrats who are more enthused than Republicans post Kavenaugh nationally. I didn't think a repeat loser like Rossi would be doing so well at this point.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Nucleic Acids posted:

Oh, no, I knew that, but I guess I was hoping things might be changing this year, especially given that it's apparently Democrats who are more enthused than Republicans post Kavenaugh nationally. I didn't think a repeat loser like Rossi would be doing so well at this point.

I mean statistically speaking Rossi was eventually going to win something at some point right?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

DrNutt posted:

I mean statistically speaking Rossi was eventually going to win something at some point right?

I was kind of hoping it'd be something embarrassing though.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Nucleic Acids posted:

I was kind of hoping it'd be something embarrassing though.

Yeah I mean, it'd be nice to think he'd have to work his way down to county dog catcher or something, but think of the poor puppers who would have to deal with him.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Like 10,000 more people voted for the 3 Democrats in the primaries than voted for Rossi. Something seems off to me.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

BrandorKP posted:

Like 10,000 more people voted for the 3 Democrats in the primaries than voted for Rossi. Something seems off to me.

I wonder if those adds about her practice and "SHE COSTS TOO MUCH!!!" are having an effect?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Poll only was a sample of 400. Likely voters and the demographics of the east side have change dramatically in just the last two years. A gently caress load of people have moved to Issaquah, Snoqualmie and North Bend. They're bluer than the old residents. They showed up in the primary. These demographic changes may not have been accounted for in the poll.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Here's how fast it's happening. The town house complex I bought in... I'd say 30% of the units have sold and had new residents move in since I bought less than 3 years ago. That's a really loving fast change.

Sammamish I don't watch as closely, but I think its happening there too.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

BrandorKP posted:

Poll only was a sample of 400. Likely voters and the demographics of the east side have change dramatically in just the last two years. A gently caress load of people have moved to Issaquah, Snoqualmie and North Bend. They're bluer than the old residents. They showed up in the primary. These demographic changes may not have been accounted for in the poll.

people moving to work in seattle but cant afford to live in seattle or are getting pushed out of seattle accelerating the demographic change. I am definitely a part of this as I just moved to Des Moines from North Seattle due affordability

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

BrandorKP posted:

lol a 400 person landline poll on the eastside is useless. i can't imagine the responding demographic.

edit: looks like half was via cell phone. i posit any landline responses are useless

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

EmbryoSteve posted:

people moving to work in seattle but cant afford to live in seattle or are getting pushed out of seattle accelerating the demographic change. I am definitely a part of this as I just moved to Des Moines from North Seattle due affordability

That's one hell of a commute!

Still probably faster than the ferry.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

EmbryoSteve posted:

East side is where everybody is going to raise/have kids if they have money. We snuck in right before it really got horrifyingly unaffordable. North Bend stayed affordable about a half year longer than Issaquah/Sammamish/Snoqualmie because the locals thought "it's too far out". It's elysium for parents out here.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Oscar Wild posted:

That's one hell of a commute!

Still probably faster than the ferry.

Well now I work in Burien so I improved my commute dramatically! Was trying to get out of north seattle before the viaduct comes down but wanted to stay in the city limits. Would have liked to stay in West Seattle or Rainier Beach but houses are way out of my social service job price range. Des Moines seems nice tho! Big change moving off of Aurora into a small family neighborhood. Hear way less sirens and find way less needles, more planes tho

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The election is going to be about turnout. If the blue wave turns out to be a thing (and I'm not convinced it will), there's a good chance Schrier wins. If it doesn't, Rossi has it, because the default state of the 8th district is red.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Thanatosian posted:

The election is going to be about turnout. If the blue wave turns out to be a thing (and I'm not convinced it will), there's a good chance Schrier wins. If it doesn't, Rossi has it, because the default state of the 8th district is red.

If I may ask, why is that exactly?

Edit: Sorry, I know this might not be the right thread for this discussion, I was just curious.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 11, 2018

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

'blue wave' talk is part of the reason why we had such a low voter turnout in 2016, people thought it was in the bag and no one showed up. and the blue wave kind of already showed up in the Pacific NW. 'Blue' voters are more likely to quibble amongst themselves about not being progressive enough rather than band together for a common goal.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nucleic Acids posted:

If I may ask, why is that exactly?

Edit: Sorry, I know this might not be the right thread for this discussion, I was just curious.

The only thing the Democratic party is doing to rally Democratic voters is say "you have to turn out to vote against Trump" while the leadership actively squashes popular policies that might drive turnout, and the courts continue to let the Republican party get away with putting up systemic barriers to voting that insure their majorities (voter ID laws, gerrymandering, etc.); given that Trump is appointing basically all of the judges, now, I don't see that changing anytime soon, barring some sort of grand judicial purge, if the Democrats ever get back into power.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Dungeon Ecology posted:

'blue wave' talk is part of the reason why we had such a low voter turnout in 2016, people thought it was in the bag and no one showed up. and the blue wave kind of already showed up in the Pacific NW. 'Blue' voters are more likely to quibble amongst themselves about not being progressive enough rather than band together for a common goal.

voter turnout was not down in 2016

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Turnout in general wasn't down much, but the amount of people who voted for Democrats or Republicans were as a fair share of people voted for Greens and Libertarians.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

Turnout in general wasn't down much, but the amount of people who voted for Democrats or Republicans were as a fair share of people voted for Greens and Libertarians.

sure, but that's different from saying dems stayed home because they thought it was in the bag when they actually just voted for someone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

you might even say the blue wave turned into a green wave after somebody dumped some piss into it