Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

Disparition posted:

I really want to get into working with seeds, saving to buy a house. What is the maximum amount of seeds you can plant at a time?

8 on the biggest garden patch. Small houses can have 1 patch, medium 2, and large 3.

Fair warning: gardening takes a very long time to get any sort of decent reward from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

The WOL never asked for this. (I really like this glam actually, but it just reminds me of DeusEx.)

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
So ended up having an interesting St. Moccianne's (Hard) run last night. During the final boss, myself and the 2 DPS ate it cause we were low on health after the targeted mud splash followed by a mud pie explosion (that both of the DPS admitted was likely their fault and I was a hair too slow in getting a Lightspeed Helios out to top everyone off), and our WAR tank still up. I watched, expecting him to eat in a minute but he managed to solo the boss from around or over 1/3rd health to dead. It was massively impressive and not 100% sure how he pulled it off, but he managed to keep the mud pies from exploding and kept himself up.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Gothsheep posted:

I always think about it on a same-opposite basis. If the second call is the same as the first, it'll be on the opposite side the first one. If it's the opposite call, it'll be the same side both times.

Yeah this is how I deal with the flip.

I think that mechanic would be much easier to handle if Omega's rear end didn't look like his face though.

lol Omega's a buttface

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

O11 is definitely not helped by server lag and the quick cast time. People are really passive aggressive assholes in Alphascape, even when a newbie bonus comes up.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really wish everything in Arbo Hard wasn't so buff

Running out of TP from AoEing and just having to stand there is the worst

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

It's this exact reason why I only queue as ranged for that fight. See the tether, run to opposite corner, watch 7/8 of the party hp disappear, laugh as I flawlessly do my Wildfire rotation, then cry when I get agro cos the main tank died to the t-buster.

I can't actually remember the last time I did Omega and didn't end up tanking him until I die. Both tanks didn't even die. I just sat and watched the PLD do nothing until I ate it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Blockhouse posted:

The only thing worse is the music in that place.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Blockhouse posted:

The really sad part is they establish how you make things not buff (washing the mud off) but only let you do it once the entire dungeon.

Also in HW we called it plant library because someone had a derp moment and forgot the word “arboretum” and said plant library, and because of the music we’ve taken to calling hard the plant mall.

Also also, not really a fan of either dungeon this patch. Plant mall is too long and kinda boring, and the burn just looks like a pso2 map to me. The final boss isn’t even actually interesting so much as just “hits harder than savage bosses this tier.”

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

For some reason the walk of shame back to the final boss of The Burn feels worse than usual. I always take the time to admire the view because it's beautiful.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

O11N hasn't been a huge issue for me since opening week. IDK if Mateus just has a relatively high good:bad tank ratio or what but almost all of my runs have been "tank faces omega away from the party, everyone else stacks on his butt, OT eats blaster tethers, raid goes alright or better depending on how many DPS are just ignoring mechanics"

as far as Larboard/Starboard, as long as the tank is facing omega properly and you're hanging out on omega's butt like you should be it's super easy:

- watch for the castbar
- Use mnemonic or just know what starboard means to figure out if the cast is coming left or right
- move in the opposite direction
- watch for the second castbar
--if it's the same cast, move in the opposite direction you just moved
--if it's the other cast, don't move

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A surprisingly large number of people try to dodge star/lar by staying outside of Omega's hitbox, which is probably a big factor in why they don't move fast enough to avoid the second hit.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

lol Mist Dragon does not hit harder than a savage tier boss. I tanked it last night with minimum ilevel and it wasn't a problem at all.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Renegret posted:

Yeah, whose idea was it to have Soken try his hand at one of those obnoxiously loud YouTube videos?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Soken was listening to older music on his phone for inspiration and he dropped it in the toilet.

"poo poo!......hang on a second....."

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The Arboretum Hard music would be more thematic if it was an abandoned department store instead.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The final boss is the ghost of J C Penny themselves

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Renegret posted:

The Arboretum Hard music would be more thematic if it was an abandoned department store instead.

I would play Chopping Mall as a dungeon.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Mist Dragon's tankbuster: *hits for like 40k instead of 25-30k*

Me: So this is what savage raiding is like.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Vargatron posted:

lol Mist Dragon does not hit harder than a savage tier boss. I tanked it last night with minimum ilevel and it wasn't a problem at all.

Yeah, more of the issue with Mist Dragon is the constant AOEs, the DOTs it applies, the freeze/mist mechanic if you get hit with the bursts, or hit it in mist form, or fail to dodge the Dropsy phase, and just the seemingly random nature of the last dodge phase which is essentially "run in a circle and don't be unlucky" as I can tell. Then again I've only had one group really go pear shaped on it so far.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You done riled up the savage raiders with that one.

I like the Burn a lot, I just wish they would shorten the shameful run back from a last boss wipe.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 11, 2018

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

YALL MOTHAFUCKAS AINT NEVER DONE DIGITITIS

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

World War Mammories posted:

YALL MOTHAFUCKAS AINT NEVER DONE DIGITITIS

When Living Liquid came out of retirement to pilot Omega he left his Digititis at home and the world is better for it.

E: I guess the fist bump mechanics are kind of a way less obnoxious version of Digititis, if you squint.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 11, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Marathanes posted:

The WOL never asked for this. (I really like this glam actually, but it just reminds me of DeusEx.)

Hey, that's the look I was going for, so, y'know, sick. :toot:

Shaded Spectacles, Anemos Jacket, Rising Dragon Gaskins, and the Nezha Lord gloves in that shot but I've since switched to the Rising Dragon gloves, too. All dyed jet black because I'm a sucker.

Boots I was just using the Dai-Ryumaku boots unglamoured but dyed for it which I should probably glamour now that I'm not wearing 'em anymore.

e: also the Dead Hive Katana but that one's obvious.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 11, 2018

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I stopped raiding after Gordias, but does Allagan Rot ever come back?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Thundarr posted:

When Living Liquid came out of retirement to pilot Omega he left his Digititis at home and the world is better for it.

E: I guess the fist bump mechanics are kind of a way less obnoxious version of Digititis, if you squint.

Digititis was dropped off in O10 in the form of Bulwark, along with the Drainage tether that loves to either not pass/or pass despite no one being near it.

And Rot did return in Gaurdian Savage, though they only make you do it for about 40 seconds.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

MechaX posted:

Yes and several times at that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

MechaX posted:

I think the Guardian does that. And Neo Exdeath?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Renegret posted:

Wrong. The music rules.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like this frog I can make with my Ninja.

Should I just be using these "double weapon skill attack" and "three-fold attack" abilities whenever they come off cooldown (with the former being used on Aeolian Edge)? I would assume it's not worth the wait (and thus using them less often) to try and coordinate them with the Trick Attack debuff or whatever.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Phone posted:

Wrong. The music rules.

Do you hang out at Macy's for fun?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Ytlaya posted:

Should I just be using these "double weapon skill attack" and "three-fold attack" abilities whenever they come off cooldown (with the former being used on Aeolian Edge)? I would assume it's not worth the wait (and thus using them less often) to try and coordinate them with the Trick Attack debuff or whatever.

All things go as planned, Dream should line up with every Trick Attack and Duality should line up with every other one. Making sure those line up is a big part of NIN's damage.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Every other Duality will line up with Trick Attack naturally as long as you use it on cooldown and should be used with Aeolian Edge, yeah. The only time you should delay it is if you know a fight will be over before you get another use, which you usually won't know unless you are in a consistent static. Dream Within a Dream will always line up with Trick Attack and should always be used during the debuff.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Thundarr posted:

we're up to arcane bulwark on middy (only took two nights from first pull to doing it perfectly once, knock on wood) and I can't loving wait to see what heinous bullshit omega will have

MechaX posted:

speak of the devil. yes in that there are debuffs to pass by proximity to another player, with death/a wipe as a penalty. however, a couple things make it acceptable. for one, whatever hacky bullshit code they used for passing the debuff is slightly less hacky bullshit now and will actually act intuitively... most of the time. also important is that there's only one thing to pass (as opposed to digititis or loving Nisi), that pass can be made at a predetermined position, and length of the debuff-passing sequence is limited. O7S has the longest one in recent memory and that's like a minute.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Renegret posted:

Lisa frank 420

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Renegret posted:

Soken only recently found that most KMarts have gone out of business and Arboretum Hard is his tribute to them

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Bremma posted:

Yeah, more of the issue with Mist Dragon is the constant AOEs, the DOTs it applies, the freeze/mist mechanic if you get hit with the bursts, or hit it in mist form, or fail to dodge the Dropsy phase, and just the seemingly random nature of the last dodge phase which is essentially "run in a circle and don't be unlucky" as I can tell. Then again I've only had one group really go pear shaped on it so far.

I usually just use selene for dungeons, the aoe erase is really good. Fairy twisting is an awkward enough mechanic I'm not going to bother for 4 man content.

And the main reason I think mist dragon hits harder than savage bosses is I can't stack a benison and an adlo on the tank by myself. He doesn't do God "MY FOOT IN YOUR BALLS" Kefka tank damage, but it's fairly surprising for a 4 man boss, although I handled it a lot better healing than my friends have, since we tend to swap classes for expert and play things that aren't our savage main classes.

We also had some weird variance where sometimes his tank buster hit for a fuckload and sometimes just didn't. Mist dragon's a weird dude.

And also, as in all things, if someone dies in 4 man content odds are it's because they hosed up, not the healer. 4 man stuff is trivial when you play with a group of people who actually pay attention, although we still sometimes manage to screw ourselves like when we pushed the poo bomb in plant mall's final boss up against the outer wall and couldn't move it out to a circle.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Axle_Stukov posted:

Digititis was dropped off in O10 in the form of Bulwark, along with the Drainage tether that loves to either not pass/or pass despite no one being near it.

At least with the Bulwark passes it's only two people at a time and there are giant glowing indicators to tell you whose turn it is. That tether can piss off though (and so can the deceptively wide lines of effect from the fireballs).

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Mist Dragon does like 50k unmitigated with breath + ice aoe. That's a fair bit for a dungeon boss but it's not "4 110k busters in 2 and a half minutes" like you get in Savage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Brainamp posted:

All things go as planned, Dream should line up with every Trick Attack and Duality should line up with every other one. Making sure those line up is a big part of NIN's damage.

Hm, I'll see how things go later, though I feel like the jutsu-based skill (Trick Attack) would inevitably get thrown out of sync with a non-jutsu based one (unless, at some point, you delayed the use of a jutsu in order to guarantee you could use Suiton right before Trick Attack comes back up).

Then again, Trick Attack is so good (and how good it is magnifies based on the size of your group) that I imagine it likely is worth occasionally waiting a bit with jutsus just to ensure you always use it instantly off cooldown.