Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't know anyone who was at all excited to fight Super Midgardsormr. When he showed up it was all very :geno:

Fighting one of the most important lore characters at full strength is cool actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

somepartsareme posted:

Fighting one of the most important lore characters at full strength is cool actually

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

somepartsareme posted:

Maybe if it wasn't yet another dragon after an entire expansion of dragons and also still too many dragons in this, the not dragon expansion.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

somepartsareme posted:

Whoa we get to fight F'lhaminn?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I was excited to see him because of what it meant for the leaks. :getin:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

somepartsareme posted:

In three patches or so when Middy wakes up, he'll be like "wait, Omega said I was like *what* when I was young? No no, it was more like this". And then we'll have Ultimate Midgardsormer.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Thundarr posted:

In three patches or so when Middy wakes up, he'll be like "wait, Omega said I was like *what* when I was young? No no, it was more like this". And then we'll have Ultimate Midgardsormer.

a party wiping to Hot Tail, over and over again, forever

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The next Ultimate fight is going to be Zenos Ultimate and it will be 4-man content

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Thundarr posted:

Midgardsormr Prime. All that gold trim and poo poo.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Thundarr posted:

Dragonsongwar Ultimate was my guess for the next one but it would be redundant with o10s now. Now praying for illuminati's wrath ultimate

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

somepartsareme posted:

The problem is that it just comes across as Nidhogg EX 2 Electric Boogaloo right down to the divebombs in savage being an exact copy and paste of how Nidhogg EX divebombs were. Like he doesn't use a single one of the abilities he had in the dungeon fight and the only unique thing unique to O10 is the spins and flips. Add in an add phase right out of ARR content and you get a dull and boring fight that drags on for longer then it should have.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I haven't done the fight yet so i have no opinion of it, I'm just saying middy is a cool choice for a raid fight

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
As someone who hasn't done NidEX and really likes Keeper of the Lake, I liked O10. The spin/flip thing is just interesting enough and it was cool seeing Dragondad's full form.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the only bad thing about o10s is that it reused the keeper of the lake fight music exactly, which was great for the short dungeon boss version but not, imo, as well suited to the long raid encounter
i like the fight though, its nice to have a second boss that isnt a complete dummy

okay second bad thing is the add phase is just bad

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bolow posted:

Always weirds me out when random glamour pieces just work right without needing to be dyed

Too many belts.

edit: I wish you could make Hyurs with the Au Ra faces. I like the faces, but not the scales/horns.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Wait, is the first completion of the day bonus seperate for each job??

No, I just have switched between jobs and make sure I do it on some job each day.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Bolow posted:

Always weirds me out when random glamour pieces just work right without needing to be dyed

What top is that? I need it.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 13, 2018

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
All things considered, I'm guessing the next Ultimate is Gaius & Friends. Whether those friends are Livia, Nero, and Rhiatyn or Regula and Zenos depends.

somepartsareme posted:

Also the music is cool. Also the cutscene at the end of O9S is one of my favorites because it's cool.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

anyone know what mount this is?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Solovey posted:

did somebody say unsolicited glamour shots

aw ye

i almost can't wait for november, then it will be time to switch my online brand™ from Spooky AST to Festive RDM :3:

Remember to be Festive after the 11th, it's gauche to do it before that.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Ytlaya posted:

Too many belts.

it's a final fantasy game, if anything there aren't enough

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

pupuru posted:

I think you get it from Feast victories or some other terrible activity.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Veotax posted:

What top is that? I need it.

That should be the Saurian Shirt of Striking, but take note that she's also wearing Eikon Leather Armguards of Striking, which cut off one sleeve.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

pupuru posted:

Top 100 Feast reward for season 7. Unobtainable now, like all the neat feast crap.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

edit: I wish you could make Hyurs with the Au Ra faces. I like the faces, but not the scales/horns.

:chloe:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Emptyqote

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i just completed dark knight's level 70 job quest and it's so good it actually makes me mad

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 14, 2018

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Because now you're always going to think "These job quests aren't as good as DRK..", and wondering how they're going to top it again in 5.0?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Nah, because then I think about how kinda meh and generic the HW drk quest was and it’s not guaranteed to be amazing.

I do need to finish leveling drk, though, they seem like the best tanks for dungeons because of blackest night and quietus.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
DRK 70 >= DRK 50 >>> DRK 60 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pretty much every other Job Quest

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Vadoc posted:

Because now you're always going to think "These job quests aren't as good as DRK..", and wondering how they're going to top it again in 5.0?

the only other job i have at 70/paid attention to the quests for is warrior so

^^this

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i guess i just main drk now

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
AST questline is actually the best because it's a bunch of horny loser nerds who are given ungodly power and demanding respect.

They are all failures the whole time. it owns.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

AST questline is actually the best because it's a bunch of horny loser nerds who are given ungodly power and demanding respect.

They are all failures the whole time. it owns.

But then you have to level AST, and no one deserves that. :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AST rules

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Arist posted:

AST rules

:yeah:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like all three healer classes, come at me.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

only annoying thing about leveling AST is how late Gravity comes, everything else is fine

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Brainamp posted:

But then you have to level AST, and no one deserves that. :v:

AST is the best healer. Pet classes are bad, WHM is hyper boring to play and is the most brain dead class in the game.

Play Piano and weave weird buffs and status effects between 1.5 second attacks. Be Gay, Do Star Crimes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

WHM is hyper boring to play and is the most brain dead class in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

emptyquote, and also WHM's buttons all feel great.