Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

BabyFur Denny posted:

Ok but who wanted to build the Hbf there?

Heyooo

Ceterum censeo [latin for "wer hat uns verraten?"]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
hbfs in big cities suck rear end anyways, i always do my best to avoid them

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

That's not true, Kassel Hbf is nice and quaint :troll:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Ich bin kinda nervös für morgen

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Ich bin kinda nervös für morgen

It's gonna be fine, there will be instructions on the walls and the Wahlhelfer will be there to answer any questions. You can do it.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

It's gonna be fine, there will be instructions on the walls and the Wahlhelfer will be there to answer any questions. You can do it.

Lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:lol:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Smirr posted:

I wanna do a seance where I conjure the ghost(s) of whoever decided to build Köln Hbf right next to the Dom and teach them about the invention of international air travel and front facing phone cameras. loving hell this place is death. Still almost three hours until my train back to the shithole that I don't hate

That is actually the smartest decision they could have made. It allows you to arrive by train, get out and see the single interesting thing in Köln, and turn right back around and leave that accursed place.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Smirr posted:

That's not true, Kassel Hbf is nice and quaint :troll:
...compared to Wilhelmshöhe! :v:

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

At least they managed to build it so you can actually drive through and not make it a loving Kopfbahnhof

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Quick question: in the US, basically every place had a Facebook group like (location) barter buy sell, etc., what's the German equivalent? I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of stuff, but can't really be bothered with listing all that poo poo on eBay or whatever

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
eBay Kleinanzeigen?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah I don't think anyone goes beyond that.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Be prepared for a bunch of "ok can I get it for free and can you bring it to me as well" responses though

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Aix posted:

what the gently caress. couldnt find that band on wikipedia
Ups. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Angelripper

Ich kenn Ihn nur als Onkel Tom und Youtube haut da einiges zu raus. Ist aber in der Tat nicht der Bandname.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

We've got the exact same facebook groups, they're just all named differently.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I only found a München "verkauft / verschenkt" Page, but I'll give eBay Kleinanzeigen a try I guess

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://www.facebook.com/groups/121521801306416/

"Verkaufe / Suche München"

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are there any Hamburg goons here who know club Pudel? Because I'm going to see Helena Hauff tonight here at Grießmühle and im excited af lol :slick:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Quick question: in the US, basically every place had a Facebook group like (location) barter buy sell, etc., what's the German equivalent? I'm looking to get rid of a bunch of stuff, but can't really be bothered with listing all that poo poo on eBay or whatever

One option would be something like Momox.de, especially if you just want to get rid of some stuff. Their standards are pretty high, especially with books, and their prices can be astonishingly low for rare crap if no-one wants it, so really only use it for stuff you otherwise would throw away.

Last year I successfully dropped a couple heavy packages filled with crap on them and got 30-50 bucks each time, for old Krempel I'd otherwise mercilessly thrown into the trash.

az
Dec 2, 2005

oliwan posted:

Are there any Hamburg goons here who know club Pudel? Because I'm going to see Helena Hauff tonight here at Grießmühle and im excited af lol :slick:

you mean golden pudel club, I dont even know if its open again after burning out (literally burning)

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Today the big political parties set up little booths in our town and I talked to a bunch of them and listened to their arguments. Now I have no idea whatsoever who to vote for, but at least I found out who is actually ruling Hessen as of now.

AfD also had set up a table, but nobody was talking to them. Possibly because the two dudes they had manning the table were actual bald people. Now I understand people can be bald for all kinds of reasons, but that's not good optics.

One of their other guys kinda pushed a prospekt in my direction but they didn't really try to talk to us, I can imagine why. Their advertised topic was being against Fahrverbote.

FDP seems to have decided to take over the Piraten legacy by promoting moonshot solutions for difficult problems, like electric buses instead of more trains because they're cheaper? They also believe that the Mietpreisbremse is to blame for people not building more houses or renovating. They also gave us a ballpoint pen and were the only party that actively talked to my partner, even though he* was standing right there every time. Least racist, least feminist, or most desperate for votes?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Like senses like. Your partner might be a secret neolib.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My girlfriend is very small and years ago a doddery CDU booth guy handed me a leaflet and said "so your daughter will have a good future".

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

pidan posted:

Today the big political parties set up little booths in our town and I talked to a bunch of them and listened to their arguments. Now I have no idea whatsoever who to vote for, but at least I found out who is actually ruling Hessen as of now.

AfD also had set up a table, but nobody was talking to them. Possibly because the two dudes they had manning the table were actual bald people. Now I understand people can be bald for all kinds of reasons, but that's not good optics.

One of their other guys kinda pushed a prospekt in my direction but they didn't really try to talk to us, I can imagine why. Their advertised topic was being against Fahrverbote.

FDP seems to have decided to take over the Piraten legacy by promoting moonshot solutions for difficult problems, like electric buses instead of more trains because they're cheaper? They also believe that the Mietpreisbremse is to blame for people not building more houses or renovating. They also gave us a ballpoint pen and were the only party that actively talked to my partner, even though he* was standing right there every time. Least racist, least feminist, or most desperate for votes?

Buses instead of trains is a classic American libertarian/free-marketeer trope, though it's somewhat weirder because we don't have any commuter trains

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://twitter.com/Der_Postillon/status/1051369501575524355

https://twitter.com/Der_Postillon/status/1051380838934417408

lmao

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Even Seehofer gets more likes than Söder

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

My Lovely Horse posted:

My girlfriend is very small and years ago a doddery CDU booth guy handed me a leaflet and said "so your daughter will have a good future".
:thunk:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

My Lovely Horse posted:

Have you thought about applying to be a mod or admin on these troll free forums here?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/mmatussek/status/1051245546940375041?s=19

https://twitter.com/mmatussek/status/1051403464482402304?s=19

https://twitter.com/mmatussek/status/1051404315783520256?s=19

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Just came back from my first Schicht as Wahlhelfer. It's not possibly to tell how many of those 280 people who have beantragt Wahlscheine will actually vote (probably most of them, though), but the veteran Wahlhelfer next to me said that there are way more voters than usual. If we assume that 75% of those Wahlschein people actually voted my Wahlsprengel reached a Wahlbeteiligung of ~35% at 11:15 with almost seven hours still to go :)

(Is a high turnout good or bad in this election? :ohdear:)

ephex posted:

Have you thought about applying to be a mod or admin on these troll free forums here?

lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I think at this point elections might be bad, period

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

I think at this point elections might be bad, period

It gives pretensions of legitimacy to the criminal conspiracy that is Bavaria, so yes.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I grew up with the tradition of getting rid of your stuff at Flohmärkte: https://www.muenchen.de/veranstaltungen/events/flohmaerkte.html - downside is you have to get up early on a weekend, upside is you can get rid of all your crap and then buy a lot of other exciting crap and take it back home with you!

Edit: Oh, Midnight Bazar from 17:00 to 23:00.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Randler posted:

It gives pretensions of legitimacy to the criminal conspiracy that is Bavaria, so yes.

ild

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

System Metternich posted:

(Is a high turnout good or bad in this election? :ohdear:)

Keep in mind that it looked like a really high turnout in the 2016 election and people assumed it was because people were pissed off at Trump.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Keep in mind that it looked like a really high turnout in the 2016 election and people assumed it was because people were pissed off at Trump.

I'm not sure there have been many Bavarians carefully hiding their intention to vote CSU...

What are the greens going to do if they get into power? Offend all farmers, support every NIMBY initiative to ban power lines and social housing, umfall on immigration?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
High turnout is good, elections are good, come on people, seriously...

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Simply Simon posted:

High turnout is good, elections are good, come on people, seriously...

No no, let them talk freely. I like it when enemies of democracy are outing themselves. I'm making a list, you see. When I finally get political power, everyone who said something bad about elections will get to experience a fire on the velvet horizon.

Ich reibe bereits alle meine acht Hände in Vorfreude auf das Gemetzel. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/dpa/status/1051412540515934208?s=19

Lmao. Yes that's the real Palmer