Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Well, I wouldn’t avoid him for a month without explanation, so if it all boils down to it, it’s really his own fault that his bird is dead, not mine.

We really should just round up people like that and have them put to sleep. We don't need them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Pick posted:

eat the cat ham, quizboy

___________________________________/

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don’t think cockatoos just chill on the ground like that at night either. Pretty sure she did a murder one on the bird.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I [26M], received a disturbing text from my boyfriend’s [32M] ex boyfriend [24M], and now I am concerned that my we are moving way too fast.

quote:

I met my boyfriend 6 months ago at a bar. Prior to him, I’ve never been in a serious relationship just messed around sort of and always afraid of going after what I truly wanted because I never felt attractive enough. When we met, it was like an instant magnetism effect. He made me feel like I was the most attractive guy in the club and he spoke with such a confidence and eloquence that I literally melted and saw no one else around me but him. We exchanged numbers and The next day we went I n a date. Since then, we have been glued to the hips—literally.

We went on probably 3 or 4 dates during the first week and all was amazing. I didn’t know how to describe my feelings at the time but I knew I had a huge growing attraction for him. Then about a week later he took me to a concert and asked me to come back over to my place. I told him maybe we should take it slow but then when he asked how do I truly feel inside. I said I wanted him but didn’t want to move too fast. He told me about how people should stop going against how they feel and just do what they feel, and he said it in such a way that made perfect sense. So, I said ok what the heck just come over.

He came over and made love to me in a way that I had never experienced, and I told him it was the best I had ever had. Then he told me he loved me and I felt so relieved because I was feeling the same so I told him I loved him too. Then we made it official that night.

About a month into our relationship, he took me on a weekend trip to stay with his family. Mom, Dad, and his sisters all loved me and told me how all his other exes were no good and they were glad he finally found someone who could make him so happy.

Two months in, he asked me what was the one thing I always wanted growing up but never got, and I told him a dog. The next day he surprised me with a beautiful Beagle puppy he found from the animal shelter. I cried with joy.

A few days after, he told me his lease was ending and they were pricing him out with a huge rent increase. He was worried because he thought his job might lay him off soon. So I offered my apartment since he was already spending more time with me than at his own place anyway,and plus I figured it didn’t make sense for him to take on another lease without guaranteed employment. Initially I was hesitant because I didn’t know how he would feel about it but then he said he was hoping that i would offer my place and how it would help us take things to the next level. So then he moved in after his lease ended.

Well, he gained a few new clients at work so he didn’t get laid off and things are going much better for him. And Up until now, I have had no issues or complaints with him, which brings us to today . . .

Now at 6 months in, I got a friend request and a disturbing message from an unknown guy on fb that said “you don’t know me but I know you and I must warn you that you are sliding down a slippery slope. Please exit now or your life as you know it will be completely ruined. That’s my story and if you’re wondering who I am simply accept my friend request ”. So me being nosey, I accepted his request and After investigating the guy’s page, it became clear to me that this was an ex after I saw pictures and posts between the two dating back a few years ago.

I still haven’t mentioned the message to my boyfriend, but I did tell him that the guy sent me a friend request and I asked who he was. My boyfriend simply chuckled and said it was his jealous ex who broke his heart and is trying to keep tabs on his life. He told me just to ignore him because he is trying to split us up, but it was odd to me how he showed no emotion about the situation. Then I had a weird dream. The next day, it suddenly dawned on me . . .

. . . We live together, have a dog, he took me to his company party and introduced me as his fiancé and told everyone I was the love of his life. Later that night, he proposed to me and we are now engaged, my family is started to nag me with their disapproval of everything, we have a joint bank account for bills, and now he is asking me to co-sign on a new bmw he wants to buy for a promotion he is due in a couple weeks.

I feel that he is the one, but I’m starting to feel afraid and insecure that everything is too good to be true, especially now that a crazy ex just reached out to me. Still, I want to trust and believe my man, but I can’t stop my head from spinning from the thought of how quickly we merged lives.

Plus I’m also afraid to talk to him now because he has such a way with words that I’m usually left feeling like everything he says to me makes perfect sense, and I’m afraid I’ll just go along with it which I’m not so sure I should keep doing at this point.

Long story short, I feel right about him but I feel uneasy about how fast we are moving and I don’t know how to resolve my feelings and I also don’t know how to go about explaining my feelings to him. Where do I start?!

TLDR how do I approach my boyfriend of 6 months that we may need to take things slower? We’ve already merged our lives in a way that we can’t easily undo certain things so how do we work this out?

Yikes!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Thats the episode of the Twilight Zone where she starts hearing "cheep.... cheep...." in the darkened hallway at night, now and starts finding bird seed in her bed and clothes, right?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

fruit BOO!ts posted:

I don’t think cockatoos just chill on the ground like that at night either. Pretty sure she did a murder one on the bird.

I have no idea about cockatoo night walking habits but they're also not like, tiny birds. Sure they're not BIG but even in the dark I feel like it'd be hard to miss.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Haifisch posted:

Ex-boyfriend filed a harassment report against me. How to proceed?

It's not the most salient detail, but I enjoy that the only evidence she provides of him cheating is that he had a girl over after they broke up. The scumbag.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I [26M], received a disturbing text from my boyfriend’s [32M] ex boyfriend [24M], and now I am concerned that my we are moving way too fast.

Yikes!

Jokes on all of us that this one really does have a happy ending it just sounds like it is all going to fall apart.

That is how it plays out in my head and nothing is going to change my mind.

I need a happy ending after the bird murder.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Mom [58] got mad that I [M, 21] did not unconditionally lend her money, am I in the wrong?

quote:

(Sorry for repost, accidentally broke a rule.)

So a little while ago my mom approached me asking for $500. I then proceeded to ask her about the request, asking (a) what was the money for, (b) what was her plan for paying me back, and (c) if Dad (her husband) knew about the request. She wanted the money to pay for travel expenses for a family friend who wanted to visit her sick daughter. I decided I'd lend her the money, but I told her that I wanted her to have a clear plan for paying me back. Also, her answer to Question C was "no", so I told her that I'd like her to inform Dad about this request before I lent the money. (She doesn't work, so she'd be paying me back using his money.)

She soon came back to me and told me that she didn't need the money anymore, because someone else had been able to pay for the family friend. However, she also sat me down and criticized the fact that I had asked her my questions about the request, saying I'd "interrogated" her, and saying that I should be willing to lend her money without asking questions. She told me that she felt hurt that I would even consider the possibility that she would not pay me back, and confided that she'd spent several days debating whether she should even approach me with this request.

Was I in the wrong for asking my questions? After the conversation, I could definitely see why she would feel hurt that I did not have more confidence in her commitment to pay me back: she's my mom, and we have a good relationship. However, I still don't feel comfortable about the idea of lending money (especially a large sum like $500) without being clearly told what it's for and how I will be paid back. If I'm being a jerk let me know; I'm posting here because I'm open to having my mind changed, and I want my mom and I to have a good relationship.

tl;dr: Mom asked for $500, got mad that I asked what it was for and how I would be paid back. Am I wrong for having asked those questions?

Also I’ve decided to come out swinging with the take that $500 is reasonable backpay for 9 months of rent in the chateau du womb because otherwise I’m just going to go with the obvious response

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

GruntyThrst posted:

I have no idea about cockatoo night walking habits but they're also not like, tiny birds. Sure they're not BIG but even in the dark I feel like it'd be hard to miss.

My only experience with animals underfoot in the night is with cats, but I’d think a light punting would be more likely than a full on squish.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

MarcusSA posted:

Jokes on all of us that this one really does have a happy ending it just sounds like it is all going to fall apart.

That is how it plays out in my head and nothing is going to change my mind.

I need a happy ending after the bird murder.

I mean you can decide on that yourself, it won't be any more fictional than the original post is

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 15, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yikes!

This one definitely had me feeling more uncomfortable the more I read

blarzgh posted:

Thats the episode of the Twilight Zone where she starts hearing "cheep.... cheep...." in the darkened hallway at night, now and starts finding bird seed in her bed and clothes, right?

I could see this as a Goosebumps

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's not the most salient detail, but I enjoy that the only evidence she provides of him cheating is that he had a girl over after they broke up. The scumbag.

Tbf he left her for his ex; there's a decent chance he was cheating with her on either a physical or emotional level before making it official

Not that that really has anything to do with the harassment, and not that she has any actual evidence of it (or she'd have said so), but it's a reasonable assumption to make

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

fruit BOO!ts posted:

Mom [58] got mad that I [M, 21] did not unconditionally lend her money, am I in the wrong?

Also I’ve decided to come out swinging with the take that $500 is reasonable backpay for 9 months of rent in the chateau du womb because otherwise I’m just going to go with the obvious response

I can never square the world these people live in with my own perspective. Its all so foreign to me, like a Human Zoo.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

fruit BOO!ts posted:

it's for coke, OP. Nose candy. Snow. Blow. Columbian marching powder.

Buy your mother her drugs, OP.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 15, 2018

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna stop by the gift shop and buy a stuffed Cockatoo.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

eat the cat ham,

Has anyone said "it's an Albany expression," yet?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fruit BOO!ts posted:

Never lend money to a relative

I did this and have basically come to terms with the fact that I'm never seeing that money again

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
borrow money from ur relatives and when they ask for it back tell them its all relative copyright 2018

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'd probably give my mom $500 no questions asked, but she would tell me every detail of why unprompted and might never pay me back but I dont care cause she was a great mom. I feel like they should have explained a little more about their mother.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

datajugend posted:

borrow money from ur relatives and when they ask for it back tell them its all relative copyright 2018

Play a laugh-track-to-end-credits sound effect from your phone and freeze-frame while mugging at an imaginary camera until they give up and leave

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My experience with parrots is that they're not big into being on the floor unless they're extremely comfortable and relaxed and playful/inquisitive. Also most species have lovely night vision so they don't wander around at night. They definitely don't sleep on the floor because that's not a safe place to let down your guard. It's also weird that she mentions how unusually quiet the bird was at night, because parrots generally don't make much noise at night unless something scares them. They're sleeping.

Girl 100% murdered that bird because she's a psychopath and it's a thing that takes her boyfriend's attention from her, and now she's trying to figure out how to manipulate him into forgiving her.

That poor guy. Wouldn't be surprised if he blamed himself for this. I hope, if nothing else, this is fuel to leave her, but that's not a loss you can easily get over.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rubellavator posted:

I'd probably give my mom $500 no questions asked, but she would tell me every detail of why unprompted and might never pay me back but I dont care cause she was a great mom. I feel like they should have explained a little more about their mother.

Addict mom is not a great mom, $500 in hock to Mickey the Fish for illicit Lularoe is a debatable at best mom.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The bird is dead on account of intentional murder

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

My Linux Rig posted:

it is Idaho after all, he’d not only be able to get a gun easily but the cops would probably side with him, the property owner

Although he could have prevented this by just putting up a short chain link fence around his front lawn. it’d prevent dog owners from doing their business on his lawn

Not that’d help against the neighbor from dropping poo poo in his lawn though

Yeah like I'm gonna spend a bunch of money putting up a gauche-rear end chain link fence to avoid assassinating a dog

RoboRodent posted:

Girl 100% murdered that bird because she's a psychopath and it's a thing that takes her boyfriend's attention from her, and now she's trying to figure out how to manipulate him into forgiving her.

I agree 100%

In her own comments she says he'll never leave her because he can't do any better

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

fortunately that dude's already taken the first step to escape and go hide at a friend's place indefinitely so he probably realizes just how loving mental she is.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Rubellavator posted:

I'd give my mom $500 to knock off drunk dialing me asking to move in

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

"outdoor cats are the real bird killing problem" smirks woman in the dark

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

datajugend posted:

"outdoor cats are the real bird killing problem" smirks woman in the dark

She sighs and draws her ka taxidermy equipment

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I want to be a fly on the wall when he does break up with her.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

this thread's gotten really dark in the last few pages, but it is October, so have some :spooky: DARK AND EDGY REDDITORS :spooky:

Me [27 M] with person [24 M/F] rather new, HUGE INTERFAITH ISSUE!

quote:

I've been friends with this young woman for about 4-5 years now. We've been quite close actually and have had a lot of fun over the years. Well, a few nights back, one thing kinda led to another as we sat out on a gazebo in the park after a nice dinner: we started holding hands, then cuddling, then we kissed. When we parted ways that night, we kissed yet again. Since then we've been flirtatious in most of our text and phone exchanges... haven't had the chance to run into her but we now talk every day. I haven't felt this smitten in a while over someone.

We have a big problem though: quite possibly Herculean, you could say. We are of different faiths... very different faiths. Catholic and Jew this is not, Wiccan and Buddhist this is not.

About a year ago, she converted from the faith she was raised in to become a born-again Christian. It made me cock an eyebrow, but I was just like "peculiar, but whatever, you do you babe".

Then there's me.... I'm.... let's just say if the terms "4 Sovereign Princes" and "8 Sub-Princes" make sense to you, or you recognize the letters "בפומט" mean anything to you, you'll dig.

We're not sure what to do.... our friendship has become something that has us smitten, my roommate and best friend both watch our interactions and think she and I should "totally" go for it. Both of her sisters also encourage her to go with me. Sheesh, even a few of her church friends find me charming (and constantly invite me to their events.... I always decline). She says she doesn't care that I'm a different religion and values me as a person more than my spiritual beliefs.

So here we are, friends who want to become something more, but an interfaith difference of almost Blakian proportions is hanging over us....

My [25 M] mom [48 F] tried to put a curse on me to destroy my relationship with my GF [24 F] of 1.5 years.

quote:

I've posted on here before regarding my mom and her attempts to sabotage my relationship with my GF because she is not Russian-Jewish. My mom has tried to sabotage my relationship for a year, has said nasty things about my GF, has done everything in her power to turn my family against her and me. I went very low contact and my mom acted somewhat normal in these recent times, she wouldn't bring up GF, wouldn't say anything negative, and if she did I would hang up. To be fair though, she hasn't had much of a chance. We talked about one/twice a month compared to one a week in my last post, and if she did say something negative I would hang up on her.

Recently I had my birthday, it was a milestone birthday, and I couldn't think of a better person to spend it with than my lovely GF. My family clearly wanted to see me on my bday as well, however I made it abundantly clear to them that I will not see them on my birthday without her. This led to guilt trips/flying monkeys being sent by my mom about not visiting them. In addition, even when she said happy birthday to me, she had to chime in with a line referring to I hope you and your gf end this next year of her life. I was quite angered, and didn't speak to my mom.

Now here comes the real kicker. My sister, god bless her, who lives with my parents discovered secretly that my parents visit a psychic. She found an audio recording on my moms phone that was 50 minutes long of my moms most recent visit to her psychic. The psychic tells details of my life, what age I will die, how I will die... but the thing that really angered me is this psychic talking about my GF. Basically she made her out to be the devil, an evil being with a black heart, even going as far as to say we will soon have a kid, she will leave me after the kid, I won't pay child support, and end up in jail. It's extremely messed up because my GF is one of the nicest and best people I know. Clearly my mom ate it up, and the psychic offered her to do some black magic/cast a spell on our relationship to break us up for a nominal fee of $1000. I have no idea if they went along with it or not, but my mom seemed very interested. This seems like fiction and I really wish it was but its the reality I'm dealing with. I'm not a believer in psychics/black magic, however I do believe in karma/negative energies and I can't believe my mom would try to send anything negative my way, or pay to break me and my GF up just because she doesn't like her not being Jewish.

My mom had no idea that I knew about this recording. She sent me a message yesterday asking me if I can come home to help them move furniture for a house renovation they are planning, and at that point I unloaded. I told her many things, mainly saying who do you think you are to try to poison my relationship with black magic and then want me to go home and help you? She left me a voicemail crying and saying "she would never wish bad on me or try to curse/black magic me"... to which I added on to the text with the audio portion of the black magic bit.

She never responded to my texts, I received calls from my grandparents shortly after, probably to try to guilt me for being so harsh to my mom, but I didn't pick up. My dad also sent me two texts. One was saying that "you better call your mom right now and apologize" - apologize for what? Being angry that she tried to poison my relationship with black magic? I didn't respond to his message, and he followed up with a threat saying "You will pay for your mothers tears, I promise you that". That message was my final straw, I blocked both of their numbers.

My GF knows the whole story, she was extremely upset and disturbed by it, and honestly she's a little afraid. But I have a problem, a big problem, I really wish to have my parents in my life, but I want them to be normal people. This whole saga has been going on for almost two years, and it just keeps getting worse and worse. Is there any hope to ever have a normal relationship with them in the future, what do I do?

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 15, 2018

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

accidentally gave my bf's bird the people's elbow and then instinctively hid the body, how can I convince him to forget about that feathery whore?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

first im gonna lock you in a room and scream at your tiny dick and then im gonna kill your bird. HOW DARE YOU LEAVE!?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A Satanist scared to permanently damage their relationship with those who count themselves among the host of god is a shameful satanist

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

this thread's gotten really dark in the last few pages, but it is October, so have some :spooky: DARK AND EDGY REDDITORS :spooky:

Me [27 M] with person [24 M/F] rather new, HUGE INTERFAITH ISSUE!
She should break up with him for taking Satanism seriously

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

cock hero flux posted:

accidentally gave my bf's bird the people's elbow and then instinctively hid the body, how can I convince him to forget about that feathery whore?

Lmao. Anyway when he finally takes her back he should be careful to never lie on the floor in the dark around the loving juggernaut

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Incoherence posted:

She should break up with him for taking Satanism seriously

No, she should cast him out of her garden.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

you can tell LaVeyans are the real font of all evil cause instead of being all "yeah I cut myself on a picture of Baphomet and own like seventy candlesticks, that's how I roll" it's always this "hoo hoo hoo, you could say I'm an... aficionado of the Great Dragon" poo poo

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

tactlessbastard posted:

I agree 100%

In her own comments she says he'll never leave her because he can't do any better

Oh poo poo lmao, cover blown

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

you can tell LaVeyans are the real font of all evil cause instead of being all "yeah I cut myself on a picture of Baphomet and own like seventy candlesticks, that's how I roll" it's always this "hoo hoo hoo, you could say I'm an... aficionado of the Great Dragon" poo poo

They're edgy libertarians, loving worthless. The satanic temple are the cool satanists

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [20F] boyfriend [22M] seems to be heavily bothered by the fact that I'm poor/have to work a lot to survive and I don't know what to do.

quote:

So, we're together since high school, 3 years. Our first year was the last of HS, it was great, we went out a lot together, my mother and I always been short on money and he always had those kitchen tickets (Ticket Restaurant) from his father, he payed our meals with it so we could go eat outside, I never felt guilty about him "paying" food and he never tried to make me feel bad about it. He comes from a really wealthy family his father is a CEO and his mother a psychologist and both of his grandparents succeeded in building their own business when they still worked. I don't, my mother lost almost all her family and came in metropolitan France by herself and always worked her rear end out to have enough for a meal. But hey, it's working out so what's wrong ?

College.

I've been accepted in college hoping to become a vet later and help my mother and myself. But it's expensive and not close to our house at all. The first year my mother, who's supposed to be retired, started to work full time at day again to pay for it, after a few months I started to work at night and giving private English lessons too to help her and myself. We were living on the edge but we never needed outside help, even though we couldn't afford outside expenses neither. So, even though our first year with my bf went really good, the year I got into college was already starting to feel pretty bad "Why can't you go out with me ?" "Why do you always have to work ?" "If everything takes you too much time, just drop college." Every time I explained that I couldn't skip classes or work he got mad. We even got into an argument one day when I repeatedly said to him that I couldn't go eat outside with him because I don't even have the money to buy eggs and he insulted me of "poor trash that will forever be in this situation if I don't know how to treat a future husband right". He apologized a lot after I told him that it hurt me tho.

When holiday season comes up, everything is nice again, I don't have classes so I work on the morning and at night so I have the evening for us and everything is so great between my bf and I. His parents take us in other countries for weekends or so and they invite my mother in their holiday houses. I really feel like we're loving each other a lot and living great moments. It's very pleasing overall.

But since the second year started it became worst. My mother always taught me to never rely on anyone for money, and I did, I never ask anything, any money from anyone but from myself. My bf knows how I am with it and don't give me money or such things, I can pay everything myself anyway. But our fridge stopped working two weeks ago and my mother took a night job to pay another one, see, we're working it out by ourselves. Until very recently. My PC I used for everything stopped working too, it was already shutting down alone and had issues starting as well, but I hoped it could work out until the end. I'm already working at night, studying at day and I give English lessons without having spare money at the end of the month, I can't afford a new one even though I need one. So a good friend convinced me to open a GoFundMe for a new one, I did, for once in my life I'm asking money from others.

When it was time for our once-every-two-days call with my bf, I told him about it and asked if he could help starting it, he said no. Alright, money is important and I understand if you don't want to give it away, I was ready to change the subject when he suddenly got extremely mad at me. "Why the gently caress do you always need so much money, constantly working and not having time for me isn't enough ????" "You never paid anything to me but I always had to pay in High school for our meals !!! Do you know how I feel about that ?" "Why can't you work more if you need money ? If your night job isn't enough just be a loving prostitute since you need it so much !" "Maybe if you have nothing it's because you aren't working hard enough don't you think ?" I litteraly shut my mouth and kept on listening to him until he hung out of frustration.

I am actually shaking, I can't believe someone who knows me so well, shared so much good times with, knows my feelings that good said that to me. I really can't. He brought the prostitution thing a while ago actually but as a joke and I told him that I really don't appreciate it so he never told anything about it until now. Then the High School lunch thing just shocked me, it wasn't his money, it was his father's, it wasn't even money it was tickets, if he felt that way about it he could've told me and I'd repay him when I'll be able to idk I don't understand how I feel right now. What really made me want to stop everything was when he told me that I don't work hard enough. I don't even know how to comment on this. It feels like a terrible betrayal. But maybe it was just some anger, he was stressed or whatever, it's literally the first time his anger was that bad towards me about my lack of money.

I sent him a message this morning "Sorry for not calling back, what you said made me feel really bad, let's wait a week before calling again ok ?" still no answers but I feel empty. Really. Do you have any advice on how I should deal with it ? I love him, we share great memories but I have no idea how to deal with this behaviour.

TL;DR I have to work a lot while studying since I'm in college, living with the bare minimum with my mother never asking for anything. The only moment I asked him for money and respected his decision to not give me any, he insulted me and my work.

Edit: wow thanks you all for the big reality check. I still want to talk to him about his behaviour before taking any big decisions. Don't worry about me pursuing my studies though, I'll never give up on that, really, never ever, my mom trusts me and I want to be stable later in my life. Thanks you all for your help and asking to support me through my GoFundMe. Thanks for opening my eyes on my relationship and on what it always been. I'll definitely keep you updated on my decision. Thanks again for all your words.
Eat the rich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Haifisch posted:

My [20F] boyfriend [22M] seems to be heavily bothered by the fact that I'm poor/have to work a lot to survive and I don't know what to do.

Eat the rich.

Impressive that he's managed to survive to age 22 without ever having spoken to a commoner before :monocle:

Anyway she should introduce him to the harsh realities of life with a nice breakup, or alternately just stay with him until she can get in on some of daddy's money