Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Merauder posted:

Just backed Americana because I will forever have to live with the self loathing of not backing Orc Stabr.

:smith::hf::smith:

I’m #5 this time, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Bieeanshee posted:

After Orc Stabr, there's no way we wouldn't go out on a Limm for you again.

God bless you

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I'm 100% certain that I'll never actually get to play it, but I'm still backing at the physical level because you deserve it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
It's the last day for Inhuman Conditions, if anyone was still on the fence about that one

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

rydiafan posted:

I'm 100% certain that I'll never actually get to play it, but I'm still backing at the physical level because you deserve it.

I really want to go in on a physical copy for Americana but the BattleCON KS is a thing too and money's pretty tight at the moment so I'll need to see which one gives.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

As of this morning, Americana is 90% funded. That's incredible, and a lot of that comes down to everyone in here, SA is something like #3 on our backers/funding list. I was hoping I could ask for one big push from ya'll, some tweets or throwing rocks through windows or however we're supposed to promote stuff these days, to get us through that last 10% and into Funded Land, where the streets are made of honey and Nem's heart rate can return to a normal healthy state.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/americana-1

We've tested out the posters from DriveThru and we'll be including one in every signed copy, and having them for a very low nominal fee (less than $1 if possible) when we launch. We've also launched a section on the website where you can check out some of the stories that'll be included in the book as we work on them, you can find those here.

I'm also doing a Q&A tonight at 7:30PM EST to 9:30, if anyone is interested in checking that out, the link for that is here.

AND our artist Andi has done a bunch more on their CYOA over on their blog, including this, the best thing to come out of this project so far.

Anyway, thanks for all your support, and any more you're all willing to give.

Dude, even if you didn't have a track record of awesome, you sold me on Americana with just the race list. Pimped you on facebook to my friends list of other nerds, hopefully it gets you another backer or two.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Oct 11, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I asked Andi to make something for everyone, to express how we're feeling right now.

A fiestaskeleton, you do the forums proud?? :confuoot:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yo we funded

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

YAYYYYYYYYYYY

edit: To add a little more content, I am sure you all jumped on bee lives while it was live, but if not, you can pre-order here: https://www.jetbacker.com/bee-lives

nesbit37 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 11, 2018

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Congratulations.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Yippee ki yay! Handsome Ork 4 lyfe!

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
I was over 1000 posts behind on this thread, but has anyone got any further insight on the Lex Arcana game up at the moment?

It's in its' last week or so and I'm not sure whether to back it. Quickstart rules leave me wondering how some of it works still.

Concept is an alternate history Roman cohort that fights threats to the empire from within and without, including monsters and dark magicks.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

In about 30 minutes, Encounter Roleplay will be doing the first of two live streams of Americana over on their twitch channel, if you're into that sort of thing!
https://www.twitch.tv/encounterroleplay

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Awesome to see Americana get funded! Glad I managed to get in on this even if I never play a game.

In rather unrelated news, Diehard Miniatures are doing another kickstarter for their Oldhammer range that I think is just about funded.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.
Impulse Drive, my PBTA space opera RPG about misfits and spaceships is coming in to its last week for funding. It's unlocked two extra ship playbooks and codes for cards to use as play aids for backers at the $20 and higher levels, and is heading towards stretch goals for extra art in the book.

Please come check it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1743149756/impulse-drive

You can download the game for free from Drivethru RPG to see if its your thing.
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/190933/Impulse-Drive-Preview

Adam koebel, co-designer of Dungeon World had a first look at the game on his twitch channel that you can watch here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnB2EyGRGo4

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Spirit Island's 2nd expansion is supposed to go up today, 11am EST I think. There's at least 8 new spirits I think they mentioned. I'll definitely be hopping on that one.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Kickstarter for a Spire sourcebook is up:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gshowitt/strata-a-spire-rpg-sourcebook/description

quote:

£20,000: Home Is Where The Hatred Is by Helen Gould. The cell infiltrate an aelfir household as the staff, looking to gain information and leverage over the lords and ladies that dwell within. A tense, single-location scenario in the style of Downton Abbey, except all the wealthy people are undead elves and all the servants are murderous revolutionaries.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ravendas posted:

Spirit Island's 2nd expansion is supposed to go up today, 11am EST I think. There's at least 8 new spirits I think they mentioned. I'll definitely be hopping on that one.

Link to this? Instant buy

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Link to this? Instant buy

20 minutes away

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

djfooboo posted:

20 minutes away

It's a Max Headroom tie-in?

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Ravendas posted:

It's up:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/spirit-island-jagged-earth
$59, free shipping to US.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Why is the delivery date for this May, 2020? Pretty sure I'll have forgotten I bought it by then.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Funded

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

With the shown stretches, it's going to be 12 new spirits, and 10 'aspects', which are like sub-boards that fit over existing spirits to change them up. Either changing their innate powers, or their special rules.

That's a ton, considering the base game has 8 spirits and zero aspects.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
BattleCON Unleashed has less than a week left, for anyone who missed me originally posting about it.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

We just hit our first stretch goal!

This is my first stretch goal! I'm pretty hype about this, expanding the Tom's Dead pilot to a full 6 episode audio play/drama podcast. With that out the way, we've got our sights on the fantasy 50s Super Sentai setting - I really really hope we get this one.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Ravendas posted:

With the shown stretches, it's going to be 12 new spirits, and 10 'aspects', which are like sub-boards that fit over existing spirits to change them up. Either changing their innate powers, or their special rules.

That's a ton, considering the base game has 8 spirits and zero aspects.

This all sounds great but why is it going to take so ungodly long to deliver?

I'm probably going to back it anyway, but May of 2020 is way too far from now.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

That's not even the best one:

quote:

£40,000: Bisquiet by Xalavier Nelson Jr. Can baking overthrow a city? The Ministry are hoping it will. Offering unprecedented access to the rich and powerful citizens of Spire, a popular high-class bakery has been acquired by revolutionary forces, and the player characters are placed at the forefront of a distribution network that sees them placing poisoned petit-fours in the perfumed palaces of politicians.

Hell yeah I want to operate a revolutionary bakery.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I never knew how much the Spire needed a Raymond Chandler Wizard. It'd be dope as hell to play as that and take some Greymanor advances

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 16, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Kai Tave posted:

That's not even the best one:

Hell yeah I want to operate a revolutionary bakery.

Oh poo poo, that’s my friend! He’s such a gifted storyteller, he ran a LARP called “Jeff Goldblum is Concerned About Your Academic Progress, and so you Must Tend to his Menagerie of Gentle Mutant Abominations”. :allears:

Yes, absolutely support him!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

F'n sold. :10bux:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The_Doctor posted:

Oh poo poo, that’s my friend! He’s such a gifted storyteller, he ran a LARP called “Jeff Goldblum is Concerned About Your Academic Progress, and so you Must Tend to his Menagerie of Gentle Mutant Abominations”. :allears:

I need to know everything about this.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

rantmo posted:

I need to know everything about this.

Here is his short talk from A MAZE on another LARP he ran:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWD5JbIlC8w

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Kickstarter for the expansion to Petrichor is also up: the core is a pretty cool aria control game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyboards/petrichor-honeybee-expansion-and-reprint?ref=ew70a3

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Tekopo posted:

Kickstarter for the expansion to Petrichor is also up: the core is a pretty cool aria control game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyboards/petrichor-honeybee-expansion-and-reprint?ref=ew70a3

I never knew I needed a game about taking over all the classical music until now.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The_Doctor posted:

Tell your friend I'm pulling for his stretch goal because it legitimately sounds rad as hell.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

ORUN: Post-Apotheosis Afro-Centric Space Opera RPG is up, from New Agenda (Misha Bushyager, Jerry Grayson, Eloy Lasanta). There utopian future has collapsed, and recovered, and now you're fixers on planet-hopping adventures.

I'm glad I forgot to buy Spire after my last paycheck, because now I can feel justified backing this Kickstarter to get it and the expansion anyway.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Did spire end up being good? It seemed too close to Blades in the Dark when the KS was ongoing and I haven't heard much about it since then.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

neaden posted:

Did spire end up being good? It seemed too close to Blades in the Dark when the KS was ongoing and I haven't heard much about it since then.

There's a whole F&F on it if you want to give it a look, but yes, Spire is quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

neaden posted:

I wouldn't really compare Spire to Blades in the Dark, the only thing they really have in common is being set in grim urban fantasy locales. BitD is very, very focused on heists, that's it's primary angle and the game largely serves that particular gameplay loop of doing crimes, downtime between crimes, managing your hopefully growing and influential gang of criminals, and then doing more crimes. The Spire has a broader scope, you're playing clandestine revolutionaries seeking to topple an oppressive regime, and how you go about that is sort of up in the air. Like, BitD can be flexible in application, you can play assassins or smugglers instead of straight thieves, but Spire is much less mechanically focused on a particular loop and instead just presents you with the city and says "okay, go nuts."

Spire is pretty dang neat but my biggest critique of it is that for a game based on attempting to influence, change, and ultimately liberate a city, there isn't really anything in the way of mechanical systemization thereof. BitD makes downtime, territory acquisition/expansion, and developing your gang into a part of the game, while the Spire doesn't, and I think that's a bit of a missed opportunity to have things like territory maps, district bonuses and penalties, etc.