Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I kinda like the PvP gun that's just a really big revolver but it annoys me that the cylinder doesn't get dyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Gauss barrel does make everything look terrible and it kills me that disabling it is client-side only.

I'm normally not a fan of the bulkier guns but the Heavansward relic gun has a super cool animation when you unsheathe it, if you have the stomach for getting relic weapons. It looks great in cutscenes.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
Speaking of machinist, I'm trying to learn the proper rotation, and I'm using this particular one:

Outside of shuffling around the order of skills during Wildfire (I don't get Overdrive last it doesn't seem to even come close to fitting in either window), I'm getting super confused with how Hypercharge is getting used at the 60s mark even though it should still be on cd, same with Overdrive in the midfire rotation.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Algid posted:

Gauss barrel look terrible with everything which is why I have it turned off. I do used the hand mortar though, that is the best gun by a wide margin.

I'm rolling with the Anima relic weapon glam at the moment cos I put enough work into the drat thing I may as well use it.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

pupuru posted:

Speaking of machinist, I'm trying to learn the proper rotation, and I'm using this particular one:

Outside of shuffling around the order of skills during Wildfire (I don't get Overdrive last it doesn't seem to even come close to fitting in either window), I'm getting super confused with how Hypercharge is getting used at the 60s mark even though it should still be on cd, same with Overdrive in the midfire rotation.

I take it you're playing with high-ish ping since you're doing flamethrower>wildfire? Totally legit, just making sure.

The image does say in parenthesis "every 120s" next to hypercharge because yeah, that's a two minute cooldown. Realistically, Hypercharge gets used ~15 seconds before your third wildfire, and then overload gets used at the end of the overheat window just like in the opener. You basically go back and forth between big wildfire > small wildfire > big > small > etc. throughout the entire fight.

Turret overload doesn't actually need to be in your overheat window since it isn't affected by that (or hot shot! or dragon sight, weirdly), so it's fine to leave that at the end. It also doesn't contribute to wildfire - you do it in your opener because of raid buffs (potion, trick, cards, chain stratagem, battle litany, etc.) and ideally if your group is keeping their poo poo up you'll have buffs lining up every two minutes as well.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 17, 2018

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The big revolver Brainamp posted up there isn't bad either- I think it's another PVP option- I see that someone mentioned it already, whoops.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Torrent musketoon is one of the best imo because it has reload animations and looks cool, along with being one of the few guns with a long and thin barrel. It's also dyeable when augmented, and just costs poes. I used it for a good 7+ months before I got Suzaku's gun and used that instead (it's also good).

I also use the high-ping 3 ammo rotation, and I find that using Hypercharge at 80 heat is the best for getting it going during wildfire. It should fall off just as wildfire finishes so that you can overload.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hey wait hold up there's a way to disable the look of gauss barrel? how do i do that because that thing is ugly as poo poo lmfao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

/gbarrel

It sucks because it only works on your screen and only on your gun.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kaubocks posted:

hey wait hold up there's a way to disable the look of gauss barrel? how do i do that because that thing is ugly as poo poo lmfao

/gbarrel

Only on your end though everyone else still sees it and laughs at your ugly rear end gun.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

/gaussbarreloff

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i can absolutely live with other people having to look at that piece of poo poo as long as i don't have to

thanks!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

the cowards at square enix won't let me make bahamut bigger

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

RME posted:

It's gently caress*ng bullshit if you ask me.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

RME posted:

I also can't believe those cowards let other people make him smaller without my permission

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

To continue on with MCH fashion talk, what are some cool looking guns to look out for?

I like the Lv50 Ironworks gun.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I almost died in O11 once because some enterprising RDM used his L3 Limit Break during the Level Checker phase and I couldn't see the AoE Markers.

So at least we still have that.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Renegret posted:

I almost died in O11 once because some enterprising RDM used his L3 Limit Break during the Level Checker phase and I couldn't see the AoE Markers.

So at least we still have that.

I killed a world of darkness raid in a similar fashion. It’s a really good class.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

onesixtwo posted:

I killed a world of darkness raid in a similar fashion. It’s a really good class.

WoD is my favorite Alliance Raid to get in roulette because nobody remembers anything about it but you can't brute force it's mechanics if you ignore them. It's still brain dead simple to play if you know what you're doing, but most of the raid doesn't, so you get to watch them flail around desperately.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
No one ever remembers the ABC's of Cerberus

A: Adds
B: kill those wolfBanes
C: Cfuck assholes they're killing the healers do literally anything even a single button press will help you goddamn shits

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

A: belly
B: belly
C: belly

Oh poo poo someone forgot the fetters

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My biggest recent disappointment in this game is when I discovered that if you rescue someone through the Cerebus goop, they don't get stuck in it. They'll see the debuff appear and disappear as they move across it.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
re: MCH gunchat, the AF2 weapon Ferdinand is a double barrel shotgun that has a unique reload animation

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

No one ever remembers the ABC's of Cerberus

A: Adds
B: kill those wolfBanes
C: Cfuck assholes they're killing the healers do literally anything even a single button press will help you goddamn shits

I had somebody actually try to bring up the stupid ABC thing in alliance chat when I got WoD the other day so I had to remind them that "all dps in" was always the only reasonable method. Luckily most of the rest of the raid agreed. After I exited I saved a healer from a wolfsbane and died because he didn't return the favor by healing me.

Doggo lived long enough to eat everybody who forgot which order the barfs come out the second time around, which is always funny.

E: I'm still kind of sad that you can't realistically use caster LB3 on Cerberus's stomach linings or Cloud's walled-off adds any more. If LB builds fast enough for that to happen nowadays, chances are you're hosed anyway.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 17, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I thought A was Adds, B was Belly, and C was Chains?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kuvo posted:

re: MCH gunchat, the AF2 weapon Ferdinand is a double barrel shotgun that has a unique reload animation

sold

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kuvo posted:

Oh yeah, and the next weapon in the Anima quest chain (Armageddon) has a triple-barrel stock that rotates after every shot. It's pretty :krad:.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

Oh yeah, and the next weapon in the Anima quest chain (Armageddon) has a triple-barrel stock that rotates after every shot. It's pretty :krad:.

this sounds cool but also it would involve me interacting with the anima weapon chain beyond the first step, so

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I thought A was Adds, B was Belly, and C was Chains?

:wrong:

Also who the gently caress even cares on Cerberus at this point. 2 competent DPS and a healer can manage the belly, and 99% of the time the people that know what the gently caress they're doing head inside anyway to do that poo poo

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

It's obviously

Abdomen
Bonds
Creatures

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
A: Attach fetters
B: Banes
C: Chow'd down on

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
ABurn the boss
BIgnore Mechanics
CBlame Healers

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Actually with Cerberus people usually blame the tanks for not picking up the adds, even though they're dead because they did pick up the adds and died because the healers who are allergic to cross alliance healing didn't heal them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The ultimate know your class instance for DPS is about all of the raid mechanics I can handle at this point in my life.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Doing a newbie run of LoTA with my wife the other day and we wiped on Allagan Bomb. It was a big moment for me because it was the last wipe I needed in that place to complete my collection of having wiped to every single fight in there (yes including the initial trash)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I've wiped on:

- Atomos Hallway
- Allagan Bomb
- Behemoth
- Not!Titan

So I'm about halfway there. :toot:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I wiped on the first trash pull because healers of alliances A, B and C simultaneously fell asleep at the wheel. Or maybe they thought that maximum DPS would let them bypass healing?

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

I take it we're talking about specifically in SB? Because I've had alliances disband on most of the fights in that place back in the day. Quite often on bone dragon. And I'm on aether where we do the fight the sane way.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mango Polo posted:

Or maybe they thought that maximum DPS would let them bypass healing?

?????

You mean you can't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

DPS is a form of healing. If the enemy is dead it can't lower your HP. The sooner healers learn that the better!