Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
What if you need the candy

Like need it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
You give the children the candy so they get nice and fat and then eat the children. Eating fat children is what Halloween is really all about.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

The real solution is to make the children fight for candy in a Thunderdome so that adults can get something out of the preparation and investments accrued during Halloween

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

andrew smash posted:

What if you need the candy

Like need it

Quite frankly I'm so angry that the troglodytes in this thread apparently want diabetics to literally die of low blood sugar that I'm going to write a whole bunch of extremely indignant posts about it starting now:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

candy sucks

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

The wife's request was terrible and stupid because yes you can buy candy next day and Halloween is for children. The husband is an rear end in a top hat though because he just ignored his wife's request. Either honor the request or convince her beforehand that it's stupid. Don't just ignore it and go against her wishes.

They are both terrible but husband is worse. Just deciding you know what's best is just going to destroy a relationship. Can you imagine if/when they have kids?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I stopped eating candy a few weeks ago but my desires for sugar are still all out of whack so I just ate like 12 bananas.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
the right thing to do would be for the wife to realize the kids deserve the candy

the stupid thing to do is to bikeshed the argument to the point where keeping ten pieces of candy is a level of Disney villainy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The correct thing to do is to lure her into the basement with promises of a candy of amontillado

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Barudak posted:

The correct thing to do is to lure her into the basement with promises of a candy of amontillado

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
My paternal grandmother was drunk one afternoon and my cousins asked her for root beer floats. She scooped a dose of finest vanilla into each mug, and then in her alcoholic haze, topped them off with old Milwaukee's best. She served the tykes on the porch swing and when they started wrinkling their noses and complaining that they tasted funny, she snatched up the fly swatter and chased they ungrateful asses off the porch and all the way down into the vineyard.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

tactlessbastard posted:

My paternal grandmother was drunk one afternoon and my cousins asked her for root beer floats. She scooped a dose of finest vanilla into each mug, and then in her alcoholic haze, topped them off with old Milwaukee's best. She served the tykes on the porch swing and when they started wrinkling their noses and complaining that they tasted funny, she snatched up the fly swatter and chased they ungrateful asses off the porch and all the way down into the vineyard.

I had a violently alcoholic grandma too. Fun times.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Man some of you fatties really get your goiters in an uproar if someone goes touching your candy around puckin time.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I would have given the children the candy and my husband would not have loving cared because he isn't weird. The wife is weird.

fake edit: also I wouldn't have asked my husband to put aside candy I specifically purchased to give out on Halloween. Who does that? Buy on sale bags you freaks.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
basically if youre an adult with, uh, strong feelings re: the specific candies you will eat, after having already ate 10 "packs" of candy in that day, and you're willing to deny candy to children on halloween to do that, eat the specific candy you saved as your second candy-eat in a 24 hour period, then you may want to reevaluate your relationship with candy

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

basically if youre an adult with, uh, strong feelings re: the specific candies you will eat, after having already ate 10 "packs" of candy in that day, and you're willing to deny candy to children on halloween to do that, eat the specific candy you saved as your second candy-eat in a 24 hour period, then you may want to reevaluate your relationship with candy

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

And now for the darker side of candy where it is used as a weapon to frame an innocent man:

I [18M] am diabetic. Someone keeps putting candy boxes and wrappers in my car to get me in trouble with my parents. I have no idea who it is or how to make it stop.

quote:

Hi r/relationships. I had no idea where to post this but I know you guys are pretty good at giving advice so I figured I’d give it a go.

So, I was diagnosed with a bunch of endocrine diseases when I was 15, including diabetes. It was a really hard time for me and, like a typical stubborn idiot teenager, I refused to accept my new condition and dietary restrictions. I cheated a LOT the past two years and did horrible stuff to my body and was in extremely terrible health because of it. Eventually, at the end of my junior year, my parents gave me an ultimatum: start taking care of my body, or don’t go to college. They figured that if I wasn’t mature enough to take care of myself now, I wouldn’t be mature enough to go to college. I know they were also worried that I would neglect my health enough to seriously harm myself while I was away from them.

So for the past year I’ve been doing really well taking care of myself. I’ve slipped up maybe 3 times since I went “clean,” my parents found out once, and we had another very serious conversation about it. That brings us to last week. My mom was vacuuming out my car and she found a TON of tootsie roll wrappers in the glove box. Probably about 20 of those little wrappers. We got into an argument as I tried to tell her I had no idea where they’d come from but she didn’t believe me.

Since then I have been finding candy wrappers all over my car, I’d say at least every other day. Anything from small tootsie roll wrappers to candy bars to big empty party-sized bags. I seriously have no idea who the gently caress is doing this but it’s freaking me out and making me incredibly nervous. I keep having to hide/throw away these wrappers, I’m afraid my parents will think I’m bullshitting if I tell them but I feel so guilty hiding these and I know if they ever caught me I would look guilty for sure. I don’t know if they’re still holding up the threat of not paying for my college I’ve already applied and I’d be going in three months, but I don’t want to find out.

Most of my school friends know about the whole sugar thing since they’ve been helping me maintain a good diet, but I don’t know how or why they’d want to “frame” me for being irresponsible. We have a garage that I park in so I usually leave my car unlocked when it’s in there so I guess someone could get in, but we have a light outside that triggers when someone walks up our driveway and I haven’t noticed it go off. I don’t drive people around very often. I have a younger brother [14] but we get along really well and he would never do something like this to me.

Help me r/relationships, what should I do? Admit it all to my parents? They still don’t trust me completely. Try to figure out who it is? Just keep hiding it?

EDIT: forgot to mention. After this past week I have been locking my car and the candy wrappers are just appearing outside, wedged inside door cracks, or around doors. Locking has only made the candy more visible to my parents

tl;dr: Parents threatened not to pay for college if I keep eating sugar. I'm clean, but someone keeps slipping candy wrappers into my car. Mom has found one and I've been hiding the rest, what to do?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Barudak posted:

Son, I like the cut of your jib.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Halloween is my favorite holiday by like...a lot. I'm one of "those people." Every year I go all out, animatronics, crazy decor, etc. - the kids who don't scream and run away get a full size bar for their terrors. I'm not a parent and I more or less hate kids and even I get that part of the fun of the holiday is how children experience it.

If my partner pulled aside a couple of bars from the tray for himself for later, and I needed them for actual trick or treaters, those bars would go back to the tray. It wouldn't even be an option, which is where I think the dude's issue lies. He shouldn't have even asked (and then gone against her wishes), he should have just said "hey we need these I'll get you more tomorrow pinkie promise," and moved the gently caress on with the evening. She's a brat if she'd rather keep the candy she didn't even intend on immediately eating over giving it to a kid on the holiday literally celebrated in present times specifically for kids to go door to door and get candy.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

And when the candy goes digital poo poo gets real fast:

My (24m) gf(20f) got mad at me because I used a power-up while playing candy crush together - need insight

quote:

Hello Reddit. Thank you for reading and forgive me for any spelling/grammatical mistakes as English isn't my native language.

​I'll try to keep this as short as possible. A couple days ago I had a medium-sized fight with my gf of 2 years. Basically, we were playing candy crush together on my laptop. We received a power up (a lollipop that destroys any candy you want) so I went ahead and used it even after she told me to not do it. I didn't see any harm in doing it as it's not like it affects her in any way. I wasn't insulting her, I wasn't hitting her, I wasn't putting her down, dissing her, whatever. I was NOT doing any of these things, all I did was use the power up after she told me not to. Her argument is that she got mad because I did something she specifically told me not to. She got all pouty after that and well I didn't apologize as I didn't see what I did as wrong, but I'd prefer advise from people that aren't a part of the problem. Thank you if you happened to read this and sorry if it seems pretty trivial to some people.

TL;DR: Gf got mad at me for using a candy crush power up, was I in the wrong?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Xenocides posted:

And now for the darker side of candy where it is used as a weapon to frame an innocent man:

I [18M] am diabetic. Someone keeps putting candy boxes and wrappers in my car to get me in trouble with my parents. I have no idea who it is or how to make it stop.

plot twist: the parents don't want their precious child to go away for college and are framing him themselves

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

I decided to search for Halloween.

Halloween Disagreement between me (28M), and my wife (28F)

Wife fat, so what?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I wonder how being candy obsessed and being child-free at Disney World fall on the Venn diagram.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LabyaMynora posted:

Wife fat, so what?

Also greedy and impatient, that's what

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

And candy destroys a relationship:

My [26f] boyfriend [26m] left the house because I said I didn’t want to eat the chocolate. What now?

quote:

My boyfriend of 3 years has been very moody lately. Picking at everything I do and everything I say.

For example, I asked him to do the dishes and he said that he will do them when HE feels like it. He still hadn’t done them four hours later. I would have done them without asking but we have ‘set’ things to do. As I completed all the laundry and all the cleaning of every other room, I just thought he should have pulled his weight a bit. Anyway, he didn’t do them so I had to.

Another thing is, I mentioned that we should go to the cafe in [shopname] and he told me that their breakfast tastes like cr*p the same as mine.

Then this whole situation with chocolate. He won a box of chocolates at his Christmas raffle at work. I don’t like this brand of chocolate as it’s too rich for me. He offered me a chocolate and I said that I don’t really like them chocolates but thanks. He went off on one saying I don’t appreciate anything and that I’m too far up my own arse. He then put his shoes on and walked out and slammed the front door. He’s not messaged me back since.

I’m not naive and I’m certainly not ignorant. I know for a fact that something else is bothering him and it’s not the turning down of chocolate that made him leave like that.

I understand something else must be going on, but I thought about it and I’m thinking that if he could overreact to something so small like that, then is this relationship even worth it? I have no idea what he could be stressed about but it’s obvious something I have done as he is picking at me on Everything.

It’s only one side of the story, and so advice may not be totally accurate. But I can’t think of anything I’ve done or anything stressful he is going through. When I asked him what’s been bothering him he just ignores me and it’s very blunt answers. I feel as if I’m talking to a brick wall.

TLDR / boyfriend of three years keeps picking at me. Today he snapped at me for turning down a chocolate. I know he must be bothered about something else but his overreaction to this tiny thing is making me re think everything. What now?

Candy is evil.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Xenocides posted:

And candy destroys a relationship:

My [26f] boyfriend [26m] left the house because I said I didn’t want to eat the chocolate. What now?

Candy is evil.

Offering someone candy is the same as implying they deserve candy. It's a compliment, and therefore abuse.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I sigh and draw my milk chocolate KitKatana, and join the battle to let the kids have candy on Halloween

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I don't really like them chocolates

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
poo poo you hear at a PG rated Klan rally

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

tactlessbastard posted:

poo poo you hear at a hard candy enthusiast meeting

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

And after all this candy we need an adorable palate cleanser. Have some cuteness:

Me [17F] with friend at school [17M] I have a crush on him, not sure if/how to ask him out, need help with signals

quote:

Hi all,

So I have a crush on a guy at school and I'm not sure what kind of signals he's sending back. Here's some examples of things that I'm not sure where to place.

Every time I see him I happily exclaim his name and kinda drag it out, and he does the same. Like every single time we encounter each other.
He helps me a lot with stuff in English class and brainstorms with me (I help him as well).
He showed me an essay (it's kind of a joke essay but he's put a lot of work into it) that is a secret from everyone else.
I told him all I wanted for my birthday was a drawing from him (he does hilarious doodles and often asks me what to draw) and he told me he's spending all of study hall making it.
BUT I asked him if he was going to homecoming, he asked what homecoming was, and as soon as I said it's a dance he went "oh no, I hate dances!" and even when I said I'd take him if he went he was like no.
The main reason I'm hesitant is he's kinda... quirky? Like he makes weird jokes a lot and I find them really funny, but he doesn't seem like the type to want a relationship if that makes any sense?

I don't have his number or anything and I'm unsure how the heck to ask him out, if any of the above signals point to he likes me as well. Or am I being silly and none of those signals point to anything?

TLDR: I have a crush on a friend but I'm totally clueless as to whether his behavior signifies any mutual interest or not. He's also a bit quirky and I almost can't imagine him wanting a relationship, but he confuses me a little bit.

And the update gets even cuter:

quote:

I figured I'd update to encourage anyone in the same boat as I was. I asked him out over email. I translated "Will you go out with me? I really like you" into unicode. He responded (also in unicode) that he would and also sent some ASCII art.

We have our first date this afternoon and texted all weekend (I finally got his number).

Wish me luck!

TLDR: asked him out, got a yes, 10/10 would recommend asking out people you like!

:3:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Xenocides posted:

And after all this candy we need an adorable palate cleanser. Have some cuteness:

Me [17F] with friend at school [17M] I have a crush on him, not sure if/how to ask him out, need help with signals

Better start hording candy now, you can't trust men not to give it away

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Going back to the 3DS post a bit, is it possible this is a generational or class thing? Younger people and especially younger people from families of means might be used to getting new electronics all the time because a new Samsung came out this year or you dropped your old one or whatever, so each individual one doesn’t have much significance attached to it, but if you’re a little older and you grew up saving your allowance for a year to get a Game Boy then each piece of plastic and circuitry can take on much more emotional weight.

Barudak posted:

As a sommelier, may I point out to sirs and madams that while colloquially MD 20/20 is referred to as "Mad Dog" the MD is for Mogen David. If you would like I can provide a small flight sampler to pick which of their flavors are most to your liking.

Holy poo poo what??? How did I not know this?

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Pirate Radar posted:

Going back to the 3DS post a bit, is it possible this is a generational or class thing? Younger people and especially younger people from families of means might be used to getting new electronics all the time because a new Samsung came out this year or you dropped your old one or whatever, so each individual one doesn’t have much significance attached to it, but if you’re a little older and you grew up saving your allowance for a year to get a Game Boy then each piece of plastic and circuitry can take on much more emotional weight.

no way every electronic things are trash forever and people who collect them are idiots for example have you ever met someone who collects record players and apple 2's???? they have some sort of emotional connection to them to which I say pffft morons try reading a book outside sometime you basement dwellers man electronic keepsakes let me tell ya

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

My Linux Rig posted:

no way every electronic things are trash forever and people who collect them are idiots for example have you ever met someone who collects record players and apple 2's???? they have some sort of emotional connection to them to which I say pffft morons try reading a book outside sometime you basement dwellers man electronic keepsakes let me tell ya

Are you feeling okay?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Xenocides posted:

If the title had been "Me [17M] with friend at school [17F] I have a crush on her, not sure if/how to ask her out, need help with signals" deffo woulda ended way differently.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
/r/relationships: the candy shop war

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

/r/relationships: the candy shop war

/r/relationships: I'll candy crush your goddamn skull

E: too bad that poster gimme the GOD drat candy isn't here to weigh in.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

dudeness posted:

Lol he doesn't know what glass houses means.
Maybe they live here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [35M] ex wife [34F] won't drop it. I got my son [6M] a chocolate cake for his birthday party and I forgot he's allergic.

quote:

My ex wife and I have twin boys, Axel and Jamie. They're identical twins. Jamie is allergic to Chocolate and I forgot. We have 2 older daughters who are 8 and 9.

My wife was overwhelmed organising the twins party and I offered to help. She asked if I could get the cake because I live near a bakery. She told me to get them a superhero cake. I sent her a photo of it of what it would look like. She said it looked great. I admit there is no way you could tell it was chocolate from the picture I sent her.

Come the party last weekend she was in the kitchen cutting the cake for the kids. My daughters come and get me, and told me to go to the kitchen. I walk in and I can see she's fuming mad. She pointed at the cake and told me to try it. It was chocolate and she asked if that meant anything to me. I honestly was drawing a blank. She grabbed me and pointed to Jamie and asked if I remembered him going to hospital for an allergic reaction.

It came back to me and I felt like poo poo. So Jamie had to go with no cake and he was not happy at all. I offered to go get one from the supermarket but he wanted the superhero one. My wife seriously will not drop it. I made an honest mistake and I know I suck.

tl;dr: Ex wife won't drop mistake I made with the birthday cake.