Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Thundarr posted:

Look it's an easy mechanic. Just stand on the same side as everybody else. If they're right, you win! If they're wrong, you can blame somebody else for confusing you.

Even easier, just set up cactbot in ACT and have it tell you were to go :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Daynab posted:

Okay so I know the answer to my post is just going to be "Join a static, stupid!" which is 100% right and valid, but I used to lead a static and have been enjoying the pug life (until recently) since they all stopped playing.

But why is PF such a trash fire this tier? I struggled to clear o10 for like a week running multiple hours every single night, and now I've been stuck on o11s enrage parties for like a week and a half. I never had this many issues in Sigma and it was comparatively reliable.

At this point I feel cursed, even last night I managed to get invited as a sub to a static group that have been clearing it for weeks and they couldn't manage to clear it with a bunch of random lag, d/cs and greed deaths :v:

Unfortunately the quality of enrage parties drops off really quickly as most of the decent PUG players clear in the first few weeks. Last tier I didn't get the chance to start progging until ~a month after the raids dropped and I eventually just gave up on clearing 7 until I found a temp static.

10 is also much much harder than 6 was, and I definitely see two chest weekly parties wipe much much more often on 10 than 11. IME 11 weekly parties fill slowly enough that many people are fine with taking someone who has been to enrage if they can execute mechs consistently; you might try messaging the leader of a duty complete party and asking if you're at that stage.

Soon you too can join the group of players who botch about Final Omega prog parties that can't make it past the door bosses!

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, I felt like I remembered the Ixal having something called Larboard Wing Component.

Still doesn't change the fact that Temple of the Fist used Port. :argh:

it never really mattered in that fight because port and star were always paired so you didnt really have to know which was which, just that they were sides really

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
My group is still working on 10s. We've been down to 4% enrage, it's just a matter of doing it all correctly with do deaths that should get us there. Fights take time, its not a race unless you want it to be.

E: On that note, gently caress O10s

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
True, but the point I'm making is that it was Port and Star, not Lar and Star.

Also, take this with a grain of salt, but supposed leaks have revealed that the final boss of Eureka is Absolute Virtue .

Picture below is proof. Also might have some possible story spoilers for the lead-in to 5.0.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 25, 2018

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, take this with a grain of salt, but supposed leaks have revealed that the final boss of Eureka is Absolute Virtue .

lmao they're just trolling with eureka now.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

if the eureka final boss can't instantly heal itself to full, repeatedly, then it doesn't count

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
That is some :proof: level proof.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
FFXIV: Butt Window Reborn

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Picture below is proof. Also might have some possible story spoilers for the lead-in to 5.0.

Is this from the same person who leaked Alphascape and the jobs beforehand?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I want to believe in this very badly but I do have to question why, if the leakers agree that Blue Mage is a melee support and is basically ready to be patched in, neither of them are saying what it shares gear with.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

the only disappointing thing here is the implication that BLU uses swords.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also how dare crystal tower play a party in 5.0 and thus make me ruin my beautiful, beautiful Alliance Roulette queue :colbert:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Mumblyfish posted:

Does the European goon Free Company ever do Savage content? I love this dumb fancy dress game but just can't break into the harder content.

What Ibblebibble said. Since SB we've had at least one team beating savage bosses and bashing skulls against ultimates. Get in here. E: I cant promise you raid spots, but I can promise you a community that cares about savage raiding enough to try and that's a start.

Inspired by this:

I made this:

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 25, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Monathin posted:

Is this from the same person who leaked Alphascape and the jobs beforehand?

I think so!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
also just call the drat gunblade job "Soldier", its a hundred times better than "Gunblader" lol

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It does have plausible stuff in it, but everything related to paywalling BLU sounds just trolling. Absolute Virtue or Pandemonium Warden already floated around as Eureka boss for the "gently caress you" factor they had in XI.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GuyUpNorth posted:

It does have plausible stuff in it, but everything related to paywalling BLU sounds just trolling. Absolute Virtue or Pandemonium Warden already floated around as Eureka boss for the "gently caress you" factor they had in XI.

I don't think it's "we're paywalling BLU to preorders only" but "Preorder the game and get the job early."

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Countblanc posted:

also just call the drat gunblade job "Soldier", its a hundred times better than "Gunblader" lol

Magitek Knight or bust.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

looking forward to fantasia'ing into a big beautiful Bonso lady

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Marathanes posted:

Magitek Knight or bust.

Magitek Knight isn't bad but we already have a ____ Knight tank.

e: though I guess we have two ____ Mage ranged dps so w/e

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Countblanc posted:

it could just be Mercenary, based on the Balamb Mercenaries

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I do wonder how well BLU will play at level 70. RDM and SAM are both kind of boring at 60.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

keep the name gunblader so the abbreviation of the class is GUN

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

I want to believe in this very badly but I do have to question why, if the leakers agree that Blue Mage is a melee support and is basically ready to be patched in, neither of them are saying what it shares gear with.
Nobody has definitely linked it to BLU, but the whole "new job field in the code and what it can equip" found by dataminers suggests heavily that it shares Casting gear with the other non-healer Mages.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Gun blade class will be named SeeD

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I am going to be SO MAD when BLU is not a tank like how it should be.

But if Alphy winds up a BLU, like other spoilers have intimated, I will be mollified.

KoB
May 1, 2009
It would be funny if BLU is spec'd towards being lvl 80 and sucks rear end to play at 70 like other non-max-level classes, then they release it early and its just stuck at 70 for months.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

KoB posted:

It would be funny if BLU is spec'd towards being lvl 80 and sucks rear end to play at 70 like other non-max-level classes, then they release it early and its just stuck at 70 for months.

Y-yeah, funny. :smith:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The ideal is that blue mage sucks and is boring at level 70 so all the posers go back to their real mains when the expansion drops, and then it's badass at 80

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I am beyond unenthused for a Gunblade tank after having a BLU tank dangled in front of me. Don't we have plenty of sword jobs already?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Daynab posted:

Okay so I know the answer to my post is just going to be "Join a static, stupid!" which is 100% right and valid, but I used to lead a static and have been enjoying the pug life (until recently) since they all stopped playing.

But why is PF such a trash fire this tier? I struggled to clear o10 for like a week running multiple hours every single night, and now I've been stuck on o11s enrage parties for like a week and a half. I never had this many issues in Sigma and it was comparatively reliable.

At this point I feel cursed, even last night I managed to get invited as a sub to a static group that have been clearing it for weeks and they couldn't manage to clear it with a bunch of random lag, d/cs and greed deaths :v:

It's not just you, my partial static has been struggling to find competent players / pubbies after having a reasonable time of it in the first two tiers.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
BLU tank was never dangled in front of anyone!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's not just you, my partial static has been struggling to find competent players / pubbies after having a reasonable time of it in the first two tiers.

I think it is because O10S is significant harder than O2S and O7S. That means people haven't had as much time for O11S progression and getting clears on 10 takes more time.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Also I don't know about that leak. It feels like it's just piggybagging on a lot of stuff we can already assume as true from the original leaks.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

as someone whose favorite things in games are:
- guns
- swords
- tanking

i'd like to thank yoshi p for personally designing a class just for me

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Kaubocks posted:

as someone whose favorite things in games are:
- guns
- swords
- tanking

as someone whose favorite things in FFXIV are:
- nero
- gaius
- zenos

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'm glad to see people excited for Gunblade, because you two are the first i've ever seen post about it anywhere. it's all blue mage and dancer hype

i seriously hope they made gunblade supremely badass and play it up a lot because currently it seems to excite people the least

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm literally only learning to tank and leveling PLD because I know gunblade is coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Countblanc posted:

i'm glad to see people excited for Gunblade, because you two are the first i've ever seen post about it anywhere. it's all blue mage and dancer hype

i seriously hope they made gunblade supremely badass and play it up a lot because currently it seems to excite people the least

Watch it launch with an expiring ammo mechanic like 3.0 MCH :smithicide: