Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

White is a hell of a supremacy. Also male, even if you don’t have any particular interest in dominating and destroying women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
conservatives always think they are one of the good ones, who deserve and will definitely receive special consideration. unless they are also wealthy this is never true.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

conservatives always think they are one of the good ones, who deserve and will definitely receive special consideration. unless they are also wealthy this is never true.
yeah, wealth is a great insulator from a lot of the horrible poo poo that happens to marginalized people. marriage equality gets repealed, oh well, i'm already married. marriage gets annulled, no problem, i can pay a lawyer to draw up a boatload of contracts and trusts and whatnot that ensure that, for all intents and purposes, that we are still married. getting physically dangerous to be openly gay? no problem, i can just move to somewhere more accepting. and so on.

i also wonder how much of it is also making it through a time when it was much harder to be gay and thinking, well it can't get any worse than it was back then and if my taxes go up, I might experience some actual negative consequence whereas any other consequence is much more theoretical.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Zeroisanumber posted:

I can just imagine a political conversation with a gay conservative.

"I mean, yeah they'd feed me feet first into a woodchipper at the first opportunity if they thought that they would even marginally gain from it, but taxes!"

but also, in my experience, older generations (of all kinds of minorities) will expect and demand less bc they grew up with much less.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I believe it's always way more about keeping women and or black people down. They talk about taxes because its the only benefit the gop even pretend to offer.

Lunchabully
Jul 20, 2003
Pillbug

So to summarize:

- Their mindset is stuck in the 60s when all you needed to do to be successful was be white and male and show up on time
- Capital has moved on to greener pastures and they're too dumb to realize it or too poor to follow
- They're too socially / emotionally retarded to reach out for help or form communities to work through their problems
- Guns are cheap and everywhere

it owns that this country has this massive horde of armed morons full of mental anguish without any constructive form of release and nothing left to lose

also I counted at least 1 MAGA hat

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zeroisanumber posted:

I can just imagine a political conversation with a gay conservative.

"I mean, yeah they'd feed me feet first into a woodchipper at the first opportunity if they thought that they would even marginally gain from it, but taxes!"

They are probably surrounded by the "respectable" branch of wealthy Conservatives, who either don't really have issues with gays anymore (like 50% of GOP voters support gay marriage these days), or only care when it's the filthy poors who do bad things because they don't have moral fibre, unlike their betters.

They most certainly aren't surrounded by the Bible thumping redneck Conservatives.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
On the other hand it isn't 1960 anymore and you can clearly see that contingent represented in the party on livestream.

But questioning why conservatives do what they do is futile because they're just morons there's no real rational action there in the end. It's just based on some feels about "my stuff though" and being scared of changes. Everything else is a labyrinth of justifications leading back to that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

steinrokkan posted:

They are probably surrounded by the "respectable" branch of wealthy Conservatives, who either don't really have issues with gays anymore (like 50% of GOP voters support gay marriage these days), or only care when it's the filthy poors who do bad things because they don't have moral fibre, unlike their betters.

They most certainly aren't surrounded by the Bible thumping redneck Conservatives.

those conservatives still make nonstop gay jokes about them to their back and sometimes faces though and would still feed them to the wood chipper if the party demanded it

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1056864010920968193

chudwhisperer insufficiently redpilled for his flock

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
[quote="etalian" post="489298508"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdBRBmXlkrg
[/quote]

Diabetes, judging by the size of dude's thighs.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I hope Peterson pivots left some day because it would be the funniest thing that could possibly happen

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Heath posted:

I hope Peterson pivots left some day because it would be the funniest thing that could possibly happen

We're gonna see a lot more of this when politics starts getting played for keeps and the amoral grifters want off the train

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Business Gorillas posted:

We're gonna see a lot more of this when politics starts getting played for keeps and the amoral grifters want off the train

Yeah but is that before or after it reaches the wall

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

trump is one of those grifters, and if the democrats somehow take both houses of congress it will be hilarious to see him try to pivot to save himself (nb: dems tempted to actually work with trump are to be immediately taken to the woodchipper)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Like this guy?

https://twitter.com/MaxBoot/status/1056959886259638272

gently caress Max Boot

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Too bad for them the train will already be on its way to the camp when they realize something is wrong and they haven't been sufficiently loyal to the party

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/1057006463942619138

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lol, conservatives are always the real oppressed people.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Conservatives are oppressed by reality around them

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

Conservatives are oppressed by reality around them

Also it's always someone else's fault e.g job stealing immigrants when they get caught in a cycle of loserdom.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its been a real rough couple of weeks, could we get some actual chud death itt to cheer us up

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

its been a real rough couple of weeks, could we get some actual chud death itt to cheer us up

no stories yet but that "instead of selling more soybeans than any other time of the year, not a single soybean has been sold" is quietly paying dividends I'm sure

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

no stories yet but that "instead of selling more soybeans than any other time of the year, not a single soybean has been sold" is quietly paying dividends I'm sure

I live in southern Minnesota, which is huge on soybeans and folks are really afraid, but are generally sticking by Trump because of the promised bailout. Gonna be real interesting when it comes time to make good on that, and when it comes time to decide what to plant next year.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Azathoth posted:

I live in southern Minnesota, which is huge on soybeans and folks are really afraid, but are generally sticking by Trump because of the promised bailout. Gonna be real interesting when it comes time to make good on that, and when it comes time to decide what to plant next year.

I hope you're telling them that if they don't get 100% of it before 11/6 they aren't getting poo poo

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

If democrats take the house a bailout might actually happen.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

im not wrong that putting three brackets around your name on twitter is to show solidarity w jews against nazis right? like i get that when you say (((certain people))) youre being a nazi but i thought the name thing was a response to that.

i guess im just not sure what peterson is even saying

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

If democrats take the house a bailout might actually happen.

thank you president trump!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/1056336335508668416

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol owning the libs by being homeless and unemployed.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

i like the part in the video where she brags about how she's going to make 125k no matter what

womp womp

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Al! posted:

i like the part in the video where she brags about how she's going to make 125k no matter what

womp womp

Blessed

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Whitey's favorite pastime. get liquored up and do a racism.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Burt Sexual posted:

And charged!

https://twitter.com/Dorianwallace/status/1056392793407569922

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Does she really end that with I’m white and I’m hot?

I think she’s out of a cell phone from that concrete drop too.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i always knew obama would start having all the racists rounded up

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I hope you're telling them that if they don't get 100% of it before 11/6 they aren't getting poo poo

Nah trump has a long history of paying people after promising them money.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

eighty-four merc posted:

im not wrong that putting three brackets around your name on twitter is to show solidarity w jews against nazis right? like i get that when you say (((certain people))) youre being a nazi but i thought the name thing was a response to that.

it started exclusively as a Nazi thing. They’d do it just to highlight any Jewish people. so they’d list all the senators and put the parentheses around the Jewish ones.

the sneaky part was in the beginning twitter and other search engines wouldn’t recognize the symbols. so anyone not in the loop wouldn’t be able to search and figure it out.

so JP is correctly concluding that Nazis gonna Nazi

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

eighty-four merc posted:

i assume he's referring to the (((certain people))) formulation, yeah

Azathoth posted:

i thought at best the promised bailout was something tiny like 10 cents on the dollar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i assume he's referring to the (((certain people))) formulation, yeah

i thought at best the promised bailout was something tiny like 10 cents on the dollar?

E: I’m way off I think.

Burt Sexual has issued a correction as of 02:41 on Oct 30, 2018