Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The tips were shared with everyone at the end of the day and weren't a lot. I might get like 20$ a week and over time it built up. I also worked 60 hrs a week and never had free time to go anywhere and spend the money. I also didnt realize I could use the register to exchange for large bills. I was young and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Rubellavator posted:

The tips were shared with everyone at the end of the day and weren't a lot. I might get like 20$ a week and over time it built up. I also worked 60 hrs a week and never had free time to go anywhere and spend the money. I also didnt realize I could use the register to exchange for large bills. I was young and dumb.

At least you're not young anymore.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tactlessbastard posted:

Aaaaaaaaah I was being fascious

more like literatelesss bastard

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

jobson groeth posted:

At least you're not young anymore.

:nice:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Kicked a Dwarf (self.LegalAdviceUK)

quote:

So over the weekend I was in a bar with a girl I've been seeing for a few weeks. It was early so there were no bouncers yet and this guy who is a dwarf walked in. This guy wanders round the pubs from time to time and he has a reputation for getting absolutely hammered and exposing himself to women. I've seen him do this probably a dozen times over the years but this was the first time he did it to a woman I was with.

Long story short he came in already drunk, had a pint of Guinness and starts trying to flirt with the barmaid. She ignores him and he starts getting more vulgar, at which point the girl I'm with turns to me and tells me what a disgusting POS he is and he hears her. He starts trying to get her attention at which point I tell him to leave her alone. He hops off his stool and then drops his pants and starts shaking his meat and veg at us, all the while saying disgusting things he would do to my date. My first thought was to just finish our drinks and leave ASAP, but my temper started to really boil. This guy has been doing this for years knowing that nobody is going to touch him. At worst the bouncers drag him out but they never beat on him for fear of discrimination charges I've had one of them tell me. Nothing anyone has ever done or said in the past has deterred him from going around exposing himself and harassing women.

So, here I am in the bar with my date and he is being absolutely vile towards her and I snap. I took a short run up and kicked him like a footballer taking a penalty, sending him rolling along the floor. He gets up, looks at me then hurries out of the exit closest to him. We ended up leaving immediately too as people were staring.

Fast forward to today, I know the owner of that bar and she phoned me just an hour ago saying he was back in the bar requesting the CCTV, going on about pressing charges. She didn't hand the footage over to him saying she'll only hand it over to the Police.

Now of course nothing has happened yet, but I would like to know how this would go down if he tried pressing charges? Could I face charges?

top comment posted:

Are you from Inverness by any chance? If you're talking about Davie Gnome, I wouldn't worry. He's a loving menace and I don't think a weekend goes by where he's not getting kicked in the head. If not by somebody else, then by himself. The Police won't waste their time over an assault claim filed by him unless it's life threatening.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Haifisch posted:

Omg lol thats hilarious.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

A friend [28M] tried to surprise me [27F] with a birthday present and it backfired hard. What do I even say to him?

Alright so this happened last night and I'm still kind of reeling. I'm going to try and break down this sequence of events as concisely as possible because otherwise we'll be here all day, but if anyone needs clarification on anything just ask and I'll do my best.

Last night at 9PM someone rings the doorbell. I'm not expecting guests and my two roommates [30s M/F] are asleep so I ignore it. Doorbell rings again so I go to check through the peep hole. It's pitch black outside and our porch light isn't on so all I can see is a vaguely dude shaped outline, but he looks big. Decide I'm not answering that while I'm the only person downstairs.

Man outside continues to knock and ring doorbell. It's been ten minutes and by the 4th ring I'm getting antsy. Roommates have been woken up by the noise, I tell them what's going on. Man rings 3 more times and the knocking is getting more aggressive. Male roomie opts to call the police at this point since we have no idea who this is or why they're being so insistent.

We wait ten more minutes for police to arrive. It's been nearly half an hour since this started and our mystery visitor continues to knock and ring the bell throughout. Then female roomie gets a text on her phone from a mutual friend of ours asking "Is everything alright? I'm trying to drop off OP's birthday present."

Sure enough I open the door and there's Bob (mutual friend) standing there looking incredibly confused. I proceed to tell him he's scared the absolute heck out of me. For reference Bob and I have not been in contact for nearly four months after I had to drop the meetup we were both part of. He hadn't even left a happy birthday message on my facebook timeline, I'd figured the friendship had largely fizzled out. I certainly wasn't expecting him to show up on my doorstep unannounced on a Monday night.

While I'm trying to figure out what he was thinking (apparently he'd wanted it to be a nice surprise gift and this was the absolute earliest he could swing by) the police finally arrive and we have to explain what happened to two vaguely amused police officers who give him a lecture about visit etiquette and send him on his way.

FAQ (from friends I've talked to about this)

Q: Why didn't you call out through the door? A: Our front door is a solid oak slab surrounded by equally solid stone walls, there's no window or pane of thinner material that lets sound carry. I could scream bloody murder and no one outside would hear it.

Q: Why didn't older male roommate open the door once everyone was up?

A: By that point knocking/ringing had increased in frequency and intensity and none of us felt like it was safe. The three possibilities that presented themselves were that this was a drunk guy who had the wrong house, an abusive ex boyfriend of female roomie, or someone less than all there mentally.

Q: Does Bob have a crush on you?

A: This question came up surprisingly often but yes Bob had asked me out shortly after we first met, but I declined. I've since gotten engaged to a lovely woman. I don't know if romantic feeling was what motivated a surprise late night birthday visit after four months of radio silence but I guess I wouldn't rule it out.

Q: Why did Bob keep it up for nearly half an hour instead of calling or texting after the third unanswered ring?

A: Bob is Autistic, this would be far from the first time he's been clueless about social niceties and he said as much when asked by the police. It didn't occur to him that someone who keeps ringing your doorbell after not getting an answer would be in any way unsettling to the inhabitants. He also thought we could see it was him (we could not).

Q: Has Bob ever shown up unannounced before at a place you were and/or otherwise been inappropriate with you?

A: Not at all, that's part of why he wasn't even in the top 50 people I would have guessed while we were trying to figure out who it was.

The Question: Bob wants to apologize, he's texted asking if we can meet up so he can do it in person. I don't know how to respond, or even if I should respond. I don't know if I'm even mad at him it's more like the idea of trying to explain why three knocks/rings is just right but 15+ is kind of frightening is exhausting. I know it would take more than one try before he got it. I know he's sorry he upset me but doesn't really understand why I was upset, and the prospect of trying to unpack all the layers to this wears me out just thinking about it.

I guess should I bother meeting up with him? Would it do any good? I'm not actually looking to rekindle the friendship, but I understand this was a well-intentioned gesture with abysmally poor execution and on some level getting coffee to smooth things over sounds nice. Like a physical gesture of putting it behind us. But part of me also feels like giving him a firm "no thanks" and resuming radio silence is the least stressful option. It also feels kind of mean.

TL;DR: A friend I hadn't spoken to in four months shows up at my door with a surprise birthday present. Problem is I didn't know it was him and he spent 30 minutes ringing the bell and knocking on the door trying to get someone to open it until police showed up. Now he wants to apologize but I kind of just want to go back to not talking. Is it better to let him get it out or tell him thanks but no thanks?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (29f) husband (32m) isn't comprehending what it means to be separated.

My husband and I have been married for almost 7 years. We have been going through a lot these past two years because of my husband being unable to keep his vows to me. The last argument that we've had involved me having to jump out of a window and spraining my wrist because he wouldn't let me leave out the front door.

It was actually HIS idea for us to be separated because we just can't get along but a divorce also isn't an option for either of us. I'm getting married one time and one time only. I've told him that I was willing to go to counseling or anything so that we wouldn't have to be separated but he disagreed and thought it was for the best. As I was saying, he was the one who brought forth the idea that we should spend some time away from each other. He didn't want to move out of the house so we were still living together for about a month until I decided to start staying in a hotel because the animosity and tension in the house was too much. We did talk about what we expected out of the separation. We agreed that we could date whoever we wanted and that basically there were no rules, great but we would still keep tabs on one another and communicate when it came to shared finances.

I spoke to him on the phone and told him that I was considering taking out some money so that I could rent myself an apartment and not have to depend on my family for a place to stay. I told him that I just wanted to take out some money for a deposit and some furniture but then I'll set up my own bank account and take it from there. He disagreed with me doing this. He told me that he didn't understand why I was renting an entire apartment when we already have a home.... I've explained to him that we are separated so I need my own space. Separated means not together. Not by him. I know that this separation is just temporary but I need my own space and I hate staying in hotels.

He calls and texts me every single day. I don't understand how he expects us to get some space from each other if he's doing the same thing he was when we were still together. It's never anything important he just asks to FaceTime or to see what I'm up to. I've explained to him that he has to stop doing this because this goes against everything that we are trying to do. We are trying to have a break from one another so that we can think and heal but he's just not following suit.

Tl;Dr: Husband and I are separated but he is constantly contacting me and not giving me space

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Q: Why didn't you call out through the door? A: Our front door is a solid oak slab surrounded by equally solid stone walls, there's no window or pane of thinner material that lets sound carry. I could scream bloody murder and no one outside would hear it.

I’m gonna need a lovely MSPaint drawing to illustrate this poorly-engineered loving castle fortification of a house that doesn’t let you see who’s on the other side of the door without opening it.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Q: Why didn't you call out through the door?

A: Our front door is a solid oak slab surrounded by equally solid stone walls, there's no window or pane of thinner material that lets sound carry. I could scream bloody murder and no one outside would hear it.

Q: Why didn't you just go up to the parapets and call down to the stranger?

A: I had dismissed my handmaiden for the night and was unable to put on my regalia before addressing the intruder. The night watchmen should not see their queen in her nightgown.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

A friend [28M] tried to surprise me [27F] with a birthday present and it backfired hard. What do I even say to him?
There's no mention of what the present was. I need to know what was worth knocking for 30 minutes to deliver.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
That's an interesting perfect storm of conditions, like I understand the OP's response but it is still p funny.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Haifisch posted:

He's got a Twitter account :stare:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Heh this guy is badass

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Colonel Cancer posted:

Heh this guy is badass

Not if he's starting poo poo and then calling the cops.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
sexual assault, heh heh heh, badass

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

I was going to post some choice quotes from his history but like the entire thing is just :staredog:

I have so many questions that I don't want the answer to.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
There is nothing funny about physically assaulting a rowdy little person.

That twitter history tho...

Colonel Cancer fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 31, 2018

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Colonel Cancer posted:

There is nothing funny about physically assaulting a rowdy little person.

:wrong:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Aye cannae believe ya walloped Davie fuckin Gnome

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

El_Elegante posted:

Aye cannae believe ya walloped David fuckin Gnome

I watched his cartoon. That smug bastard had it coming.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Colonel Cancer posted:

There is nothing funny about physically assaulting a randy little person.

fixed that one for ya

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

If it just took a phone call to SWAT somebody into involuntary no vaguely weird child of a conservative family would ever spend a night outside. The commitment may well have been bullshit but there is zero possiblity that's the whole story

you cant swat someone into a 72hr hold but if you can prove your family you can sure as poo poo do it with a phone call to the cops. 51/50 laws are extremely vague and up to personal discretion of the cop / emt. You dont need to prove they are a danger to themselves or others thats what the hold is for. You just have to assert that they are.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
don't be lovely about physical disabilities, it's cruel for like... no defensible reason at all

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Davie was always a wee bit shite but didja have to bite him on the feckin nose?

How he looks like Michael Fookin Jackson

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Pick posted:

don't be lovely about physical disabilities, it's cruel for like... no defensible reason at all

Don't infantalize him just because he's very short. He can't wander around, flailing his junk at people, with no fear of consequences. The law is for everyone, not just those who are six feet tall. Being disabled (yes, I am) does not give me a free pass to act like an rear end in a top hat.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Get that midget in touch with the Howard Stern Show, they used to have an angry drunken dwarf named Hank. If he knows 80's pop music trivia then he's a shoe in.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Pick posted:

it's only okay to punt a gnome if he's got his cock out

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
It’s true, that why all my adult novelty garden gnomes have been shattered into dust

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

cock hero flux posted:

it's only okay to punt a gnome if he's got his cock out

I believe that was one of the Ten Commandments.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Xenocides posted:

I believe that was one of the Ten Commandments.

Code of Hammurabbi. It's old.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What if he doesn’t have his cock out but it’s the racist person of short stature from In Bruges?

E: I went and checked and updated with the way that guy prefers to be described

Pirate Radar fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 31, 2018

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pirate Radar posted:

What if he doesn’t have his cock out but it’s the racist midget from In Bruges?

Still puntable IMO. People underestimate the usefulness of violence as a conflict resolution strategy.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I don’t think it’s funny that he’s a little person, I don’t think it’s funny (per se) that he got kicked, but I do think it’s funny that that top commenter read “masturbating little person somewhere in the UK” and was immediately able to be like “Oh, you met Davie!”

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

cumshitter posted:

I had dismissed my handmaiden for the night and was unable to put on my regalia before addressing the intruder. The night watchmen should not see their queen in her nightgown.

This made me chuckle.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

How to “un-register to vote”

quote:

This is happening in New York. I am currently being harassed by my neighbors because I’m a registered Democrat in an apartment with apparently majority are “republican”. I have no idea how they found out my political party. But I’ve gotten harassing letters in my mailbox and knocks at my door. So far the people coming to my door have been old ladies telling me about pro-life and what not. I just want this to end. Is there a way for me to just “un-register” and just be done with everything?

I hope LAOP votes to spite them and is successful in getting them all arrested for harassment, gently caress those people

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Imagine trying to move out of your mother's basement only to have to move back in because your mother broke into your apartment and stole all of your stuff

My friends mum didn't want my friend moving out(she did anyway) so she stole my friends keys and took all her stuff back to her house while she was at work. URGENTLY NEED SOME ADVICE

quote:

We live in Australia Qld and my friend is an 18 year old female. We'll also call my friend "m"

Some background of my friends mum -She has been cheating on her husband(friends dad) for years, wasn't very secretive about it either, m has known about it since she was a kid (which I personally don't think is good for a child) so she's never really had a stable home.

-She talks to m in her sleep to get information out of her because she talks in her sleep and doesn't lie, which is an invasion of privacy imo.

-She constantly belittles her kids (all six of them) calling them "f*****g idiots" "assholes" asked why they're doing "stupid sh*t" (may not sound that bad but it's constant)just always talking poo poo(I've experienced it first hand) -Etc just a terrible mum

Okay so, my friend has a crazy mum, Anyway m wanted out of the house, like anyone would. So she left, she would visit her family home to visit her sisters (she's the oldest) and a week ago she had lost her keys and since me her room-mate is a cool he'd open up the door for her (it's not a great area, you have to lock up) everytime she called him to.

A couple days ago she was working, and I was hanging with her room-mate and her mum rocked up with M's keys, and a moving truck. I asked the girl (Taya) that was with her (one of M's work colleagues) if m knew what they were doing, she laughed and said no. I was obviously mad so I texted m like crazy trying to get in contact with her but she was working and didn't reply (obviously)

Anyway they took all of her stuff and just before her mum left she started yelling at me, saying some poo poo (I wasn't listening because I just shut off as soon as people start yelling) and she gave her keys back to her room-mate. Btw I didn't call the cops because it's ms family and I didbt want to do that to m and sure enough I did the wrong thing because m refuses to get them involved, I should have called as soon as Taya said she didn't know, I know that now but I feel like it's too late.

M finished work and freaked out obviously, and she kinda got mad at me so I explained everything and she's no longer mad just trying to figure out how to get away from her, she wants to leave and she has a couple places to possibly go but she knows she won't be able to get her stuff, she's not sure what to do to get her stuff out of that house and move (she's also been staying at her mums place since) because her mum just won't let her, my family has offered to help get it all but just not sure where we stand legally if her mum ends up calling the cops??

I hope this all made sense, it was very rushed, kinda need help immediately because my friend can't stand being there but also needs the stuff that's there. Thank you.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

Hang a note on the door, "its ok yall ima kkk nazzi scrazzi now so its all good now. Ps all lives(but mostly Blue) matter."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

This one isn't actually that interesting but I'll post a link just because it has a great title: Sensory Deprivation Cum Spa