Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Yardbomb posted:

Please don't play willfully dense when this is right there.

So just so I'm clear, this is what you guys are referring to as "Paige becoming a Nazi?"

This thread right here where she tells someone to piss off? This is the big scoop?

Edit: Thread top: This doesn't look like Paige defending anyone to me. This looks like someone speaking plain. I'm pretty sure she doesn't think a bunch of people dying in a synagogue was a false flag. Cool your boots, good Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nilbop posted:

So just so I'm clear, this is what you guys are referring to as "Paige becoming a Nazi?"

This thread right here where she tells someone to piss off? This is the big scoop?

"The guy you're defending is a straight up alt-right psycho"

"shut up you're just lying and trying to guilt me"

normal conversation

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nilbop posted:

I'm pretty sure she doesn't think a bunch of people dying in a synagogue was a false flag.

She's hanging out with people who do think that and going on their podcast.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
At least we got a first hand example of the best case scenario Paige attitude, the one I wanna believe in. Thanks.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

"The guy you're defending is a straight up alt-right psycho"

"shut up you're just lying and trying to guilt me"

normal conversation

Are you honest to God trying to equate a rando twitter follower from someone who has tends of thousands of followers, walking up to them and saying "Hey you shouldn't do this" with a normal conversation?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

WampaLord posted:

She's hanging out with people who do think that and going on their podcast.

I'm looking at her post and it says she talked to him. I thought the guy everyone was concerned about was this Ralph Report guy, is it someone else?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
hey guys i just woke up for the first time in eight years, is there any particular reason we should be worried about people trying to normalize nazi ideas or

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nilbop posted:

I'm looking at her post and it says she talked to him. I thought the guy everyone was concerned about was this Ralph Report guy, is it someone else?

She is doing the podcast of that dude.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nilbop posted:

Are you honest to God trying to equate a rando twitter follower from someone who has tends of thousands of followers, walking up to them and saying "Hey you shouldn't do this" with a normal conversation?

She's going on his podcast and some of her fans were trying to tell her 'yooo that guy's a nazi' and her answer was a mouth fart. You really should read things.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This started because she retweeted the article which literally says Ralph said the jewish massacre was a false flag operation. Now either she thinks crisis actors are a real thing, or she's incredibly dumb and can't read what she retweets.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dias posted:

She is doing the podcast of that dude.

The Ralph Report guy? I thought she was going on the Dick Masterson show?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Again, she also constantly hangs around with dick masterson, a giant neo-nazi alt-right shithead whose audience is primarily fine people like this

Yardbomb posted:

Dick show is dick masterson's stupid podcast or whatever, he's yet another right wing douche that walks and talks like all the rest of them and Paige unfortunately got really buddy buddy with them a long time ago.

Behold, the kind of people it attracts

Nilbop posted:

She's hung around with both of them, sooo.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nilbop posted:

She's going on both. You know that normal thing where you go to visit two different neo-nazis.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This stuff with paige has come up in this thread multiple tiems before and most of the time one or two posters just started shouting "TWITTER ISNT REAL" and "IT DOESN'T MEAN SHE LIKES THE NAZI GUYS" but I guess eventually it happens enough that even deaf people can heal the dog whistles.

Spoke too soon I guess

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
yeah right now the entire dick show reddit is dedicated to the defense of the literal nazi....I mean the whole thing aint a great look.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nilbop posted:

This looks like someone speaking plain.

It's not, you're an idiot and the exact same kind of fool who let poo poo like Charlottesville happen. Congrats, you're a mark.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's not, you're an idiot and the exact same kind of fool who let poo poo like Charlottesville happen. Congrats, you're a mark.

You're an absolute melon.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nilbop posted:

You're an idiot.

Dude, just take the L. You're probably not one of those assholes, but c'mon.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

"She's only retweeting articles about how the people murdered by the neo-nazi shooter are false flag actors by the guy who's podcast she's about to guest on. Who is the second neo-nazi podcast she's guested on. Clearly this is just her having a normal response to people trying to tell her maybe don't do that. This isn't a thing that matters. Its the internet, let me just completely ignore the fact that the internet is where the current wave of alt-right idiots got radicalized."- A smart person who definitely reads books or follows politics and isn't just mad someone is taking issue with their video game LP friend's adjacency to fascists.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Like I get it you don't want to have to think about the horrors the exist in the world today and just wanna watch the lady play video games. I get it. Escapism is is a comforting idea but spoilers those horrors are actively recruiting people in these spheres entirely because it's really easy to get people trying to escape thinking mad that people keep bringing it up in their safe spaces.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dias posted:

Dude, just take the L. You're probably not one of those assholes, but c'mon.

Sorry mate, someone directly equating me with a mass murdering white supremecist because I'm asking about a gaming Youtube and Twitch channel is pretty loving beyond the pale. It is beyond loving ludicrous. More than that, it devalues the loving term.

ZenMasterBullshit was being a supreme loving idiot, end of story.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Nilbop posted:

Sorry mate, someone directly equating me with a mass murdering white supremecist because I'm asking about a gaming Youtube and Twitch channel is pretty loving beyond the pale. It is beyond loving ludicrous. More than that, it devalues the loving term.

You're being pretty poo poo. Supporting the conspiracy that the ethnic violence going on right now is fake is an awful thing to do.

Consider walking away from the keyboard.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nilbop posted:

Oh, you're allowed to be personally offended, but at least consider that we weren't being paranoid SJWs and you kinda came here saying "really?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nilbop posted:

maybe if you didn't barge in all "UGH DO YOU IDIOTS EVEN KNOW WHAT WORDS MEAN" when we're talking about a guy who literally sent money labeled 'Abort Hebrew Babies' to charity after the worst anti-Jewish attack in America just so it'd get rejected and he could play victim...

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dias posted:

Oh, you're allowed to be personally offended, but at least consider that we weren't being paranoid SJWs and you kinda came here saying "really?"

I don't approve of the people that Paige occassionally retweets, but I'm also not going to stop being a fan of her because of that. If you seriously think that is equivalent to actual murder that is your call buddy, but to me it's bananas.

sexpig by night posted:

maybe if you didn't barge in all "UGH DO YOU IDIOTS EVEN KNOW WHAT WORDS MEAN" when we're talking about a guy who literally sent money labeled 'Abort Hebrew Babies' to charity after the worst anti-Jewish attack in America just so it'd get rejected and he could play victim...

You were describing Paige becoming a Nazi. For goodness sake, get a hold of yourselves.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Lemme give you one more round-up on all of this dude, stop apologizing for this poo poo.

Blockhouse posted:

She follows the site in question and retweeted their bullshit

https://twitter.com/TheRalphRetort/status/1058444521535614976

"Mr. Ralph didn’t respond to a request for comment. On Thursday evening, after the Journal approached YouTube with questions for this article, Mr. Ralph opened a new live stream by reading what he said was a Super Chat submitted earlier in the day, in which the viewer wrote “Abort Hebrew babies.” The stream continued for more than 20 minutes before it was shut down for violating YouTube’s policy on hate speech, according to a notice posted on his Twitter account. Mr. Ralph then shifted to another channel and continued for several minutes before that also was shut down."

This is a dude she follows on twitter??

Yardbomb posted:

Dick show is dick masterson's stupid podcast or whatever, he's yet another right wing douche that walks and talks like all the rest of them and Paige unfortunately got really buddy buddy with them a long time ago.

Behold, the kind of people it attracts

Yardbomb posted:

Oh, okay.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Really shows your priorities that you're way more concerned about remaining a fan of a youtube personality.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Roth posted:

Really shows your priorities that you're way more concerned about remaining a fan of a youtube personality.

Allright that's about the fourth shot at my character so let's talk about me.

I grew up in a divided and sectarian country at the arse-end of a period of prolonged violence. I have spent literally the guts of my adult life in community outreach programs where I try to build bridges with the community of people who, when I was 12, broke my jaw and shattered my brothers femur in a market back-alley because our names were Irish; who's army landed military chinooks regularly unannounced in my dad's fields and conducted live fire drills, once giving him a concussion with a butt of rifle when he told them to leave. I've seen supremacy enacted at the state level; local and national governments, state police force and media, hospitals, universities, schools, all of it. I know what that looks like. Now I'm part of the next wave of people who actually try to extend hands over these divisions. I've lost friends because of it. I've lost a lover because of it. But it's worth it, and when I see people try and equivocate that to a Youtuber retweeting something she should have more sense to know about (as I myself learned here tonight), to attempt to paint someone as a Nazi for it, I have to take pause and ask questions. I've helped organize and marched in every Belfast Pride parade since the times there were only 200 people to stand in it. I marched and campaigned against the corruption in the Catholic Church in a community where that meant I wouldn't get served in certain bars. I spent my early twenties doing thankless, pro-bono outreach work all across these same areas. I'm the head of a local labour union because I believe in empowering workers, and you better believe that's affected my career. And I'm lucky enough to have a full-time career, which means I get a bit of spare time to throw around every now and then.

Watching these guys is an occasional pastime for me. Spending the last 30 minutes arguing with you folks is the most I've ever interacted with anything like a community for SuperBestFriend fans, so when posters make lazy jokes about me wanting to see a pretty girl play videogames, or that my priorities are out of skew I let it slide off me. I lose nothing by telling you guys and gals all of the above.

But maybe don't resort to lazy arguements and attacking others when you don't know their story. Maybe don't try to make cartoons out of people so you can have an easy arguement.

Now you cool cats can go and get the last word. I'd rather continue just not posting here anymore.

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 4, 2018

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nilbop posted:

Now you cool cats can go and get the last word. I'd rather continue just not posting here anymore.

Finally.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
This isn't about you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nilbop posted:

I grew up in a divided and sectarian country at the arse-end of a period of prolonged violence. I have spent literally the guts of my adult life in community outreach programs where I try to build bridges with the community of people who, when I was 12, broke my jaw and shattered my brothers femur in a market back-alley because our names were Irish; who's army landed military chinooks regularly unannounced in my dad's fields and conducted live fire drills, once giving him a concussion with a butt of rifle when he told them to leave. I've seen supremacy enacted at the state level; local and national governments, state police force and media, hospitals, universities, schools, all of it. I know what that looks like. Now I'm part of the next wave of people who actually try to extend hands over these divisions. I've lost friends because of it. I've lost a lover because of it. But it's worth it, and when I see people try and equivocate that to a Youtuber retweeting something she should have more sense to know about (as I myself learned here tonight), to attempt to paint someone as a Nazi for it, I have to take pause and ask questions. I've helped organize and marched in every Belfast Pride parade since the times there were only 200 people to stand in it. I marched and campaigned against the corruption in the Catholic Church in a community where that meant I wouldn't get served in certain bars. I spent my early twenties doing thankless, pro-bono outreach work all across these same areas. I'm the head of a local labour union because I believe in empowering workers, and you better believe that's affected my career. And I'm lucky enough to have a full-time career, which means I get a bit of spare time to throw around every now and then.

Watching these guys is an occasional pastime for me. Spending the last 30 minutes arguing with you folks is the most I've ever interacted with anything like a community for SuperBestFriend fans, so when posters make lazy jokes about me wanting to see a pretty girl play videogames, or that my priorities are out of skew I let it slide off me. I lose nothing by telling you guys and gals all of the above.

But maybe don't resort to lazy arguements and attacking others when you don't know their story. Maybe don't try to make cartoons out of people so you can have an easy arguement.

congrats

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Nilbop posted:

:words:

Having lived a hard life doesn't mean you're right.

An important part of the rise of violent ideologies is making them appear normal and mainstream by having positive relations with normal people, so when Paige uses her minor celebrity to normalize people who claim the attacks on the Jewish community are lies, she's promoting more of that violence.

It sucks watching someone we like do things that hurt people.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nilbop posted:

Imagine living through this and then listening to someone talk about how such violence and cruelty are fake and getting really mad that people are complaining about it.

It's a hosed up place to get to in life.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Nilbop posted:

You made a cartoon out of yourself by sticking your fingers in your ear and going "NYEH NYEH NYEH I'M NOT LISTENING" across multiple posts, but good job trying to guilt trip me.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
My poo poo third world country just elected a fascist on that kinda discourse.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Yardbomb posted:

Oh, okay.

She is literally getting lovebombed by a Nazi here wtf. Someone close to her needs to sit her down and talk with her.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nilbop posted:

Alright that's about the fourth shot at my character so let's talk about me.

It's a good story guy, but we literally have neo-nazis marching in america, a neo-nazi sympathizer and in general horrible bigot stole our election with foreign shadiness, their VP is a person who tried constantly to enact christofascism in their state and would love to country-wide, they're backed up by mobs of toadies who've been radicalized thanks to constant back and forth of """ironic racism""" online and similar recruitment smokescreens who finally when prompted decided that no, the queers actually are horrible pedo monsters who run hollywood and anyone a single shade darker than me are evil subhumans out to destroy the vague concept of "whiteness" with help from (((DA JOOOOOOZ))). The loving people Paige keeps playing this cowardly footsie game with and giving more exposure via her wider, more mainstream audience are the kind of people responsible for giving so many of those now white supremacist toadies their brain worms in the first place, it's something that is worth being pissed off over, even moreso when they're just gonna pull some smarmy poo poo like they did to someone saying that their weird little relationship with these not even subtle jackboots is making them uncomfortable.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nilbop posted:

Sir this is a McDonald's

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
actually theyre trying to use her to springboard into a new audience and youre kind of helping by discussing them in public forums where neo-nazi lurkers and posters can discover them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
"Wow, tons of new posts, SBF must've done something really dumb or hype! Let's see which one it is..."

:stare:

God drat it, Paige. It's only funny if you fall into the bio slime in the game, not in real life.