Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
EXPLOSIONS!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

You guys weren't kidding. :torgue: is a pretty great character.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Could you have please called it anything other than this

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Panzer Skank posted:

Could you have please called it anything other than this

mno

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Geemer posted:

You guys weren't kidding. :torgue: is a pretty great character.

IT'S BECAUSE OF HIS EXPLOSIVE PERSONALITY!!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Torgue is the only reason I finished this DLC, because playing this one solo SUCKS.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hot take: :torgue: would be the worst DLC if it wasn't for :torgue:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Mr. Torgue is just Mr. Satan but louder, which is why he's so great.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Does turning dialog volume up also increase the volume of The Gun?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Boy, when I got up this morning I was certainly not expecting to be hearing"ballistic fetishistic piss-stick" repeatedly. Also a 360p video (I have bad internet, shut up) looks like mega-rear end with all those fire and shield damage and blood spatter effects going on.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
I think one of my favorite Raving Retribution rants has Krieg insist that he's only aiming to be the best supporting actor.

Either that, or the one where the 'good' personality goes nuts too.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Also, something regarding Krieg's Valentine's confessions about his past loves: If you subscribe to the theory that Krieg is Tiny Tina's dad (And honestly there's enough evidence in his quotes that the only thing missing is a direct interaction with Tina), the "sad-faced mother" is obviously his wife, Tina's mom.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dareon posted:

Boy, when I got up this morning I was certainly not expecting to be hearing"ballistic fetishistic piss-stick" repeatedly. Also a 360p video (I have bad internet, shut up) looks like mega-rear end with all those fire and shield damage and blood spatter effects going on.

i stop using this build once we finish the torgue dlc, it just felt appropriate for the setting and i wanted to show it off

also i never got to hear krieg's raving retribution rants in game until now so it was party for myself :shobon:

Schubalts posted:

Does turning dialog volume up also increase the volume of The Gun?

no, because the bane's audio is always turned up even if you set the game volumes down to 0

Swork
Sep 5, 2011

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
to be funny
These DLC characters have been so very good :torgue:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kibayasu posted:

Hot take: :torgue: would be the worst DLC if it wasn't for :torgue:

Thats patently wrong since Hammerlock's DLC exists.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Thats patently wrong since Hammerlock's DLC exists.

Honestly I never understood what people thought was so bad about Big Game Hunt besides the Witch Doctors but without :torgue: this DLC would just be Moxxi's Underboobdome but you have to run for 10 minutes to get to each arena.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

GET READY TO GRAB A BEER AND KICK SOME REAR CUZ IT'S TIME FOR A BEATDOWN BAR BRAWL

Episode #29: My Very Close Quarters Exploding rear end

Kibayasu posted:

Honestly I never understood what people thought was so bad about Big Game Hunt besides the Witch Doctors but without :torgue: this DLC would just be Moxxi's Underboobdome but you have to run for 10 minutes to get to each arena.

hammerlock's uncomfortably racist jerkoff session is actually not a good dlc

that said i'm not gonna sit here and claim Torgue is much better, because outside of Torgue himself and the bar brawl in the video above.... well, this stream is gonna remind some folks how much this DLC drags

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

GET READY TO GRAB A BEER AND KICK SOME REAR CUZ IT'S TIME FOR A BEATDOWN BAR BRAWL

Episode #29: My Very Close Quarters Exploding rear end

hammerlock's uncomfortably racist jerkoff session is actually not a good dlc

that said i'm not gonna sit here and claim Torgue is much better, because outside of Torgue himself and the bar brawl in the video above.... well, this stream is gonna remind some folks how much this DLC drags

Yeah, that's a fair point. But most of what I see doesn't ever mention that aspect. ANYWAYS

Mr. Torgue good. Krieg rants good. Deathtrap good. LP good.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

blizzcon is starting shortly but if you wanted to watch something slightly less disappointing you can check out the end of the torgue DLC in the latest video!

Episode #30: A Bang and a Whimper

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I love and hate those lootsplosions in equal measure. Because A, free stuff! Cool stuff! But B, I'm the kind of guy that makes multiple runs back and forth to sell off every single piece of loot. Even if it's just a $94 white, that's 94 more dollars that can be spent on ammo or health or slot machines.

e: I noticed that Flyboy has some turrets set up, and you were killing them just by parking the Incredible Exploding Krieg in the general vicinity.

e2: Oh my god that final lootsplosion, I would be making twenty loving trips to the vending machines.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 2, 2018

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You're '''''''''''supposed'''''''' to use torgue assault rifles and launchers on the badassasaurus.
Torgue assault rifles being mostly crap (un-community patched) makes this a usually terrible idea.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 2, 2018

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
Try taking the Torgue DLC as MR. TORGUE is making a Michael Bay movie. Then all the minor inconveniences make perfect sense.

I decided to add "BL2 Better Loot mod" to my load order for the community patch. Just a heads up that what this does is make it so that any and all loot in the game has a chance to drop from the world loot pools. That includes quest only red-text loot, DLC exclusive loot, seraph gear, and gem weapons. He also makes a mod that fixes vendors to not give you lovely whites and greens all the time. If you want to really mess around with the game, you can grab the entire github repository.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 3, 2018

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

mastersord posted:

Try taking the Torgue DLC as MR. TORGUE is making a Michael Bay movie. Then all the minor inconveniences make perfect sense.

I decided to add "BL2 Better Loot mod" to my load order for the community patch. Just a heads up that what this does is make it so that any and all loot in the game has a chance to drop from the world loot pools. That includes quest only red-text loot, DLC exclusive loot, seraph gear, and gem weapons. He also makes a mod that fixes vendors to not give you lovely whites and greens all the time. If you want to really mess around with the game, you can grab the entire github repository.

This mod replaced CheatEngine table fuckery for me (also because trying to download CheatEngine triggered MalwareBytes and Spybot super hard).

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The Jumpoff posted:

This mod replaced CheatEngine table fuckery for me (also because trying to download CheatEngine triggered MalwareBytes and Spybot super hard).

In case anyone wonders about this, scanners aren't triggering on "Oh man CheatEngine is bad watch out!" specifically, they're triggering on a heuristic algorithm that tries to identify what software does and if it finds something bad alerts on that. Since CheatEngine is a program that modifies memory being used by other programs that's a big ole red flag on the heuristics scale, and not something that's done legitimately outside of pretty narrow concerns. It also gets binary repacked/compiled so anti-cheat software won't detect it for online games, which is also a no-no.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Scaramouche posted:

In case anyone wonders about this, scanners aren't triggering on "Oh man CheatEngine is bad watch out!" specifically, they're triggering on a heuristic algorithm that tries to identify what software does and if it finds something bad alerts on that. Since CheatEngine is a program that modifies memory being used by other programs that's a big ole red flag on the heuristics scale, and not something that's done legitimately outside of pretty narrow concerns. It also gets binary repacked/compiled so anti-cheat software won't detect it for online games, which is also a no-no.

Good to know, thanks for breaking it down like that.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if you guys like outdated references then by god is Borderlands ever the series for you

Episode #31: The Hungry Games

mastersord posted:

yeah it might have been earlier in the thread or somewhere else but someone brought this to me and panzer's attention. when we saw it was a whole github thing and we'd have to edit the community patch we decided against it since by the time we heard about it we were already almost done the stream series. didn't want to break anything by accident so late in the game. maybe for pre sequel, if there's one for that!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
What kind of funhater would complain about Krieg secreting explosions while going on gigantic rants.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Kaubocks posted:

if you guys like outdated references then by god is Borderlands ever the series for you

Episode #31: The Hungry Games

Yeah it might have been earlier in the thread or somewhere else but someone brought this to me and panzer's attention. when we saw it was a whole github thing and we'd have to edit the community patch we decided against it since by the time we heard about it we were already almost done the stream series. didn't want to break anything by accident so late in the game. maybe for pre sequel, if there's one for that!

There is (same repository but one level down), and they made a tool for mod merging (Borderlands Community Mod Manager(BLCMM)) so you don't have to manually cut and paste the whole thing.

I did find those mods thanks to another post in this thread:

The Jumpoff posted:

As far as i've seen and researched, any edits made to the games hex-code have to be done every time you launch it. Also, for people wary of downloading Cheat Engine (it set off MalwareBytes every time i tried downloading it so take that into consideration), who wants to experience the glory of increased drop rates, there is a solution: if you have the tools to run the Unofficial Community Patch, you can also run the BL2 Better Loot mod. The highlights are MASSIVELY increased chances of better loot from chests (i have literally never seen anything lower than a blue come from any chest, ever, with it), bosses are guaranteed to drop their legendary weapons on death, reducing the grind form getting the gun at all to getting your preferred roll, as well as adding Serpah items and gemstone items to the drop tables. Also it works really with the the community patch, and means getting seraph items isn't reduced to god-awful boss fights!

I'm sorry that I didn't credit you before. Please forgive me.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 6, 2018

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

mastersord posted:

There is (same repository but one level down), and they made a tool for mod merging (Borderlands Community Mod Manager(BLCMM)) so you don't have to manually cut and paste the whole thing.

I did find those mods thanks to another post in this thread:

I'm sorry that I didn't credit you before. Please forgive me.

I forgot I made this post. Glad I could help.

Also I think the Thanksgiving DLC is the one DLC i never got around to doing! I'm glad I could finally witness it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Schubalts posted:

What kind of funhater would complain about Krieg secreting explosions while going on gigantic rants.

Those of us with eyes that see and ears that hear.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

White Coke posted:

Those of us with eyes that see and ears that hear.

I have good news about long-term exposure to Kraig

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ceebees posted:

I have good news about long-term exposure to Kraig

:hmmyes:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I love everything about the Flexingtons. Especially that Torgue's full name seems to actually be Mister Torgue High-Five Flexington. I should probably not have kids, because I now have an overriding desire to either have Mister be part of his first name, or give him High-Five as a middle name. :torgue:

e: This applies even if said child is a girl.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

true story; i came out of a work meeting excited to come to my desk to post the first episode of the tiny tina DLC having completely blocked this shitshow from my memory

Episode #32: Hammerlock's Uncomfortably Racist Jerk-off Session

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Kaubocks posted:

true story; i came out of a work meeting excited to come to my desk to post the first episode of the tiny tina DLC having completely blocked this shitshow from my memory

Episode #32: Hammerlock's Uncomfortably Racist Jerk-off Session

And this was where I said gently caress off to the season pass. I couldn't care less about Tiny Tina and Hammerlock is one of those characters I wish Handsome Jack would've killed offscreen. Or let us kill him.

Just make sure he never appears in another Borderlands game Gearbox; too many white supremacistsVictorian fetishists love this piece of poo poo character.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Hammerlock more like hits his cock with a hammer.

10 minutes in, this is just an uncomfortable jerk-off session.

I was about to mention how it looked like you were playing the game through a film of pea soup on top of the blood, elemental, and concussion effects, then Panzer mentioned how washed out everything was.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Holy poo poo I thought youtube was stuck on 240p mode or something with how desaturated and poo poo that area looks. I can't believe they took out one of the few things this game has going for it in this DLC.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
To follow up on the person who argued that you shouldn't have re-spec'd for Hammerlock:

It's well within the realm of possibility that Krieg ranting about ballistic fetishistic piss-sticks again might drown out the sound of Claptrap or Hammerlock talking, therefore improving the experience of speed-running this DLC significantly!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I completely forgot about this DLC. When you guys were talking about Hammerlock's lovely colonialism story I thought it was something I missed during my playthrough. Then all the memories came back once I saw the opening reveal that giant open area with nothing in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I completely forgot about this DLC. When you guys were talking about Hammerlock's lovely colonialism story I thought it was something I missed during my playthrough. Then all the memories came back once I saw the opening reveal that giant open area with nothing in it.

I think everyone is glad to never play it again. map design, awful, enemies, awful, stupid hoverboats, awful, claptrap, awful, everything else about it, awful