Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

simmyb posted:

I had completely forgotten Ted balleiaueu even existed until I saw this photo

That's Denis Naptime... I mean Napthine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Don Dongington posted:

Wasn't it Lebanese gangs after that?
Yeah. There were significant numbers of Lebanese and Vietnamese refugees / migrants during the late 70s and 80s due to strife in those countries. It's easy to see the similarities to the curent situation in Melbourne, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened in the 60s and 70s with Italian migrants being linked to the mafia.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
[insert minority] gang

we had this in adelaide a decade ago with the scary “gang of 49”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZsAZvLJKgY

depressing video

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

that 4 corners spent more time with cops tut-tutting a hip hop label than the actual murder of a young black man by two white supremacists and ended with visa explusion figures. death to abc

im alan jones fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 6, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

This was a good read

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sky news is running footage on replay of Daniel Andrews surrounded by Chinese flags.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Will they cancel the annual horse beating festival if it rains enough?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Recoome posted:

who are you again?

"my breasts!"

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

This thread isn't the enemy but it doesn't exactly inspire any hope either and I could see it dragging people down into despair rather than having a go to get a go(tm)

What having a go actually entails ... :shrug:

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I love that no matter what they are trying they can’t get labor is bad In Victoria to stick. Not that is matters I’m in the seat of warrandyte so yay liberal shill.

In other news gently caress Melbourne cup day. It’s a public holiday (yay!) for an animal cruelty sport funded by gambling. Also on top of that all of my mates are hanging out not even watching the race while I’m stuck at work because we should be open all the time now :/ and it’s poo poo weather. It feels like almost every public holiday more shops are opening more and more. It’s poo poo. Defeats the point of having them.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

JBP posted:

They'll just ship all of the horses to the glue factory if it does

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JBP posted:

The racing stops but the middle aged women in expensive in clothes throwing up into handbags never ends

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why couldn't those rain storms stick around for the cup? They hosed up my morning plans, least they could have done was gently caress up the bullshit cosplay horse beating piss up as well.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

BBJoey posted:

What do you want us to do?
always remember that the dead have tongues and they can testify against you

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but i thought dead men tell no tales

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

im alan jones posted:

that 4 corners spent more time with cops tut-tutting a hip hop label than the actual murder of a young black man by two white supremacists and ended with visa explusion figures. death to abc

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

incredible flesh posted:

Please post your manifesto

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I take full responsibility for the coming holocaust because I don't watch free to air television.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I see Victoria is smart to sign up to the glorious Belt and Road Initiative.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

My cousin and her husband are cops. He went on a pro trump rant at a family lunch and then tried to heavy my 75 year old mother when she called him out. gently caress cops who cares if they're family. Also cops don't work in "justice".

E: he loving hates Sudanese people as well. Like, vitriolic blind hatred. He's a senior cop and I'm sure he really instills good and noble justice principles in his underlings. He looks absolutely furious when I talk about Sudanese workers and how much they own and are wonderful people.

:swoon: you're good people JBP. gently caress cops

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

avshalom is right btw

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I don't particularly care about horse racing, but lets take the gambling out of it entirely.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

incredible flesh posted:

over the past few months it has become clear to me that the population of this thread is actually the enemy, and you will all just sit there quite contentedly as the narrative moves from smearing muslims to africans to indians and chinese all the way to the jews and then you'll just bicker peacefully among yourselves about pointless minutiae and semantics as we're all driven off to the camps

This but the betrayal of Core Gamers by the coward Activision Blizzard

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

hooman posted:

I don't particularly care about horse racing, but lets take the gambling out of it entirely.

It literally exists only as a semi random number generator for betting on. Without the gambling it would simply vanish

Why do you think they handicap the horses?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I'm in Sydney CBD for only today. Just checked out Madam Tussauds. What are other cool things worth checking out?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

hooman posted:

The horse racing wouldn't exist if you took the gambling out of it. Nobody watches it for fun.

Still, I approve of this plan.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AgentF posted:

I'm in Sydney CBD for only today. Just checked out Madam Tussauds. What are other cool things worth checking out?
The road out of Sydney

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

norp posted:

It literally exists only as a semi random number generator for betting on. Without the gambling it would simply vanish

Why do you think they handicap the horses?

Friendly Fire posted:

The horse racing wouldn't exist if you took the gambling out of it. Nobody watches it for fun.

Still, I approve of this plan.

Yes.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

incredible flesh posted:

... drat

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

bowmore posted:

The road out of Sydney

You won't find it, it's now buried under the wreckage glacier / rusting monument to Liberal government / light rail construction.

the ramen shop outside Kinokuniya bookstore near town hall is pretty good. They have excellent iced coffee or just booze to help get you through Sydney

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I vote we TVIV it in here

Excellent. I'll be at work but It'll be nice to read the live recap after I get home

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I hope all you enemy hitlers itt watching Q&A without developing a mental health problem feel bad.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

AgentF posted:

botanic gardens/opera house/the rocks

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Horsey go runny on in 10min

Anyone else in a work sweeps thing due to workplace social obligations? I got one of the favourites so I'm hoping to sneak a win away from the people who take it seriously

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

God drat hate mandatory office sweeps

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Gridlocked posted:

Horsey go runny on in 10min

Anyone else in a work sweeps thing due to workplace social obligations? I got one of the favourites so I'm hoping to sneak a win away from the people who take it seriously

I said no to mine but then I'm being made redundant in February so I don't give too much of a poo poo about social obligation at work right now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lol if your employer files a grudge against you for not enjoying horse racing.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Friendly Fire posted:

I said no to mine but then I'm being made redundant in February so I don't give too much of a poo poo about social obligation at work right now.

Sorry mate :(

Anidav posted:

God drat hate mandatory office sweeps

Disclosure: I hate them too cause you get pressured into spending money on poo poo you don't care about for someone to take all the money.

Alternate: by pure luck it was me who just won this year so I shouldn't complain too loudly

AgentF
May 11, 2009

28766f69642a2930 posted:

botanic gardens/opera house/the rocks

Yeah a mate said I should go to the Lord Nelson brewery. What else is around the rocks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
accidental phone double post