Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone

Retro42 posted:

Acosta deserves free drink from every reporter in that room. He derailed Trump and they smell blood in the water now.

Someone got one of those fancy twitter vids of this? I dont want to watch anymore than I have too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

So can you take back a concession? Like nah, syke bitch if more votes come out for Gillum?

AP withdrew their Hurd-Jones call from last night, so Jones hopefully unconcedes

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Old Surly posted:

Someone got one of those fancy twitter vids of this? I dont want to watch anymore than I have too.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1060223658898141187/video/1

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pretty sure Gillum can unconcede

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1060225979170410497

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Sherrod Brown is not going to excite many people, but if you want a Democratic Presidential candidate that will probably easily win back Pennsylvania/Michigan/Wisconsin and probably Ohio.....cruising to an easy electoral college win, he's your guy.

I just can't say I'd be hugely excited about another older white guy, but if it prevents a Trump second term it would be a net good thing.

Also, that would essentially flip his Senate seat red for a good while. The Governor (DeWine) would appoint a replacement and there is no law requiring the replacement to be of the same party as the vacating Senator.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

twice burned ice posted:

Is there anything to this?
It's florida, of course there is. We put polling places in gated communities that turned away anyone darker than a paper bag. We oversupplied rural areas with voting machines and put one or two in the cities to make those massive lines that make the news every election.

You can drat sure bet there will be more poo poo turned up, but it really doesn't matter: there's no recourse, period. If you get away with it on election day then there's no mechanism to revote or correct for the bullshit. All you can do is look like sore losers.

At absolute best you can force the state to honor provisonal ballots and MAYBE accept statewide votes for people who ended up voting for the wrong local races for whatever reason.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

The staffer trying to yank the mic from Acosta's hand is hilarious.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Triskelli posted:

North Carolina’s been a battleground for awhile, but South Carolina probably shouldn’t be considered to be in play. Joe Cunningham’s win can be chalked up to the fact that Mark Sanford lost his primary, and that environmentalism (read: protecting tourism dollars) is a winning issue for the coast. He also got a couple last-minute endorsements from state republicans, which I don’t see happening in 2020. Hieronimous Alloy is more plugged into state politics than I am, he can probably speak more about the midlands and upstate.

No that's basically my take also. Cunningham won a squeaker because Sanford wasn't on the ticket and Cunningham was ardently anti drilling and the coastal economy here paid a *lot* of attention to Deepwater Horizon and doesn't want a local repeat.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Xombie posted:

Florida and conceding too early. Name a more iconic duo.

Florida and recounts?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

cochise posted:

And he somehow said Crimea being annexed was Obama's fault or he was the cause of it, not Putin. Not really sure since that train of thought, or lack thereof, was hard to follow.

That's his go to deflection when the Russia question arises

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

please do not ruin that movie for me thank you

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker
Did everyone catch earlier where Trump ramblingly offered to pass Democratic House legislation with Senate Dems + whatever Repubs he could wrangle so long as Dems didn't investigate him?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/DiamondandSilk/status/1060225792616095745?s=20

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Oh dear. He should not have conceded last night, that's for sure.

a concession has no legal meaning, Gore conceded in 2000 before un-conceding.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

SavageBastard posted:

Did everyone catch earlier where Trump ramblingly offered to pass Democratic House legislation with Senate Dems + whatever Repubs he could wrangle so long as Dems didn't investigate him?

yeah surely all democrats are now going to decide not to investigate the one hundred different scandals and instead work with him in the run up to 2020

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SavageBastard posted:

Is the carrot to the stick of "if you investigate me I'll have the senate investigate you"?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Where the hell did old British guy come from?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

USPOL/Trump Winter: We are a HOT country

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

<snip>

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 7, 2018

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
IT IS A HOT WHITE HOUSE

also; loving lol

https://twitter.com/RyanCostello/status/1060222202212171776

womp womp, former spineless congressman

edf

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

...So Florida is having a recount...again.

Hey, you know what, if Bat boy doesn't win the Senate, and DeSantis gets thrown into the sea, I'm all for it.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m not going to start hoping for a miracle here but it would be great
I mean, if Gillum already conceded, does it even matter? I guess I'm not sure.

Edit: Guess it doesn't matter.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Congressman Costello did not appreciate the presidential shout-out, btw:
https://twitter.com/RyanCostello/status/1060222202212171776

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

Again, I cannot believe a seat that was held by Eric Cantor who was primaried not being conservative enough just elected a Democrat.

A thousand times this. Losing Florida as a swing state loving sucks (doubly so for the minorities living there though I am hopeful about the re- enfranchisement of African-Americans) BUT Virginia is locked Blue going forward.

Seeing a district held by such shitheads such as Cantor and Brat flip blue is awesome.

Remember goons, Virginia votes in 2019! Let's seal the deal!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

SavageBastard posted:

i've been saying for quite some time the now-mostly-untestable theory that Donald Trump would quite possibly make it to the end of his term with zero vetoes even if the Democrats took the Senate

I think the odds of McConnell letting anything good through except maybe an infrastructure thing and the usual can-kicking budget extensions are not high, but I don't see Trump blocking a darn thing short of "it is now officially illegal to take massive bribes by the thinly deniable means you and Kushner are using".

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Sherrod Brown is not going to excite many people, but if you want a Democratic Presidential candidate that will probably easily win back Pennsylvania/Michigan/Wisconsin and probably Ohio.....cruising to an easy electoral college win, he's your guy.

With the rampant racism and misogyny present in the US electorate right now, an old white guy is probably the best bet. Which sucks.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Lol, what a wuss, holy hell. And then trying to silence him on top of it? lol, just lol

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
One thing nobody has pointed out yet is that the Republicans got murdered in the Chicago metropolitian area. There are no suburban republicans from Illinois anymore, all of them are from downstate or western Illinois.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

God plays a factor in American policy

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TheMadMilkman posted:

With the rampant racism and misogyny present in the US electorate right now, an old white guy is probably the best bet. Which sucks.

It’s not like a bunch of women of color won in Republican districts last night. This is such a shitbird take lol.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

TheMadMilkman posted:

I mean, Biden is pretty much a lock to run, so.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i've been saying for quite some time the now-mostly-untestable theory that Donald Trump would quite possibly make it to the end of his term with zero vetoes even if the Democrats took the Senate

I think the odds of McConnell letting anything good through except maybe an infrastructure thing and the usual can-kicking budget extensions are not high, but I don't see Trump blocking a darn thing short of "it is now officially illegal to take massive bribes by the thinly deniable means you and Kushner are using".

nonsense, if articles of impeachment ever passed the house trump would hold a press conference signing a gigantic bill that just reads VETO and angrily slurring at any reporter that suggests that's not how it works

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

mcmagic posted:

You can't just assume that all the factors that make this race closer this time: the Democratic hatred of Trump and base activation paired with a great candidate at the top of the ticket like Beto. 4% might just be the Dem ceiling.

Texas hates Cruz a hell of a lot more than they hate Trump

Even the Texas GOP machine hates Ted Cruz because he keeps ruining poo poo for them to grandstand. Also I think you maybe underestimate the difference between "let's vote out this fucker" and a presidential election where people generally feel their votes mean nothing

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
No matter how tempting that hit of hopium looks, do not fall for it. It's really unlikely that a recount will change the result of either race.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Nonsense posted:

AP withdrew their Hurd-Jones call from last night, so Jones hopefully unconcedes

The sec of state count has Hurd up 500, I checked

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1060228803308466176

EDIT: Holy LOL

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1060229320776577024

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

Texas hates Cruz a hell of a lot more than they hate Trump
They don't hate him that much if he just won against Beto.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Source4Leko posted:

One thing nobody has pointed out yet is that the Republicans got murdered in the Chicago metropolitian area. There are no suburban republicans from Illinois anymore, all of them are from downstate or western Illinois. Hell, what remains of loving Dennis Hastert's old district district went blue.

Quote is not edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

SocketWrench posted:

Lol, what a wuss, holy hell. And then trying to silence him on top of it? lol, just lol

The irony of the human equivalent of a hemorrhoid calling someone else rude and unpleasant is almost too much for me