Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Pijeus posted:

Palico monster hunter dude- got it on sale and turns out you can reroll your cat, is it worth bothering to try for something specific or just start out?

Don't worry about it when you're just starting out. Early monsters are easy and the game eases you into everything.

While you're doing early-game quests, start scouting for a Gathering cat. Bare minimum, you want to look for one that has Piercing Boomerangs, Big Boomerangs, and Boomerang Pro. It shouldn't be hard to get one that has all those skills right out of the box, but yes you can re-roll the cat if it's not quite right. Download the Ranger 2 cat from the DLC menu (all free) and have him teach Ranged Attack Up to your cat. Boom! You'll have a great multi-purpose cat who can get you through a lot of content.

Gathering cats are useful for a lot of reasons. They're the best for gathering quests, which you'll have to do throughout the game, and periodically on your own time to replenish your stock of materials that you can't get from the trader. To boot, they have the highest ranged attack of any of the types of cats, so they're great at killing monsters too!

Look up Gaijinhunter on YouTube. He has a nice guide about re-rolling cats and more videos about recommended builds for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

That Native American stereotype is thankfully getting removed from Smash

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Moonlighter is out.

I'ts $25 on Switch and $15 on PC (and $35 physical jesus christ)

Anyone have some thoughts to share? I looks like something I would enjoy.

Its a bit pricey on switch for some stupid reason but its really enjoyable.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
53% dislike so far...
Even if they focused on the objective measure of sales, it'd take a year and a half to get the top 75. This is clearly not what they are doing as titles like Might Bomb Jack aren't on that list anyway.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like Jack Bros, and Bomberman, and Mighty Max, I assume this game is a combination of those three things?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hammer Bro. posted:

Wait a minute. That game was made in Unity. Unity exports to Switch...

Who's the goon that made Qud again? I need to wave my dollars at him.

Goons Hand of Luke and unormal. I'm looking forward to whatever's going on with the mobile version, and holy poo poo, a Switch version would be wonderful. :allears:

Thread is here for anyone who wants to experience the following:

AngryDiplomat's Immortal Review that mostly still applies posted:

Get killed by ANGRY MUTANT PLANTS. Get killed by ANGRY MUTANT ANIMALS. Get killed by ANGRY MUTANT BUGS. Kill a bear and EAT IT, just EAT AN ENTIRE BEAR. KILL EVERYTHING. Descend into the DEPTHS OF THE WORLD and retrieve ANCIENT TECHNOLOGICAL ARTIFACTS. KNIFE-FIGHT a GIANT DRILL ROBOT and WIN. Be a COOL WASTELAND KNIGHT. Be a TWO-FISTED COWBOY. Be a HOMICIDAL NINJA TURTLE with an AXE and a SHOTGUN. SPONTANEOUSLY BURST INTO FLAMES. Get into a GUNFIGHT with a HYENA-MONSTER and accidentally anger a HERD OF MAJESTIC HULKING DEMON HORSES with your crossfire. Fly into the air like a BEAUTIFUL EAGLE and then SWORD-FIGHT a GIANT DRAGONFLY. MIND CONTROL a TWO-HEADED BOAR and MAKE IT WEAR CHAIN MAIL and KILL YOUR ENEMIES. Encounter a LEGENDARY PLANT with an INTIMIDATING SKULL MASK and the ability to THROW FIERY DEATH FROM ITS HANDS. CONTRACT HORRIFYING DISEASES. Go to THE DEATHLANDS and discover that THE DEATHLANDS are called THE DEATHLANDS because they will KILL YOU DEAD. HACK OFF A ROBOT’S HEAD AND EAT IT. Get into a SLEDGEHAMMER DUEL with a ‘ROIDED-OUT SUPERCANNIBAL. Be SO TECHNOLOGICALLY ILLITERATE that you BREAK A BOX OF CRAYONS attempting to figure out what it is. Be SO TECHNOLOGICALLY GIFTED that you can make an ACID GRENADE out of a PLASTIC TREE and a FOLDING CHAIR. Build your own FLAMETHROWER. Build your own LASER GUN. Build your own HANDHELD NUCLEAR BOMB and BLOW YOURSELF UP WITH IT. Collect MAGMA in a CANTEEN. Pour MAGMA into a pool of ACID to see what happens. DRINK MAGMA. TELEPATHICALLY LOCATE an enemy and HATE IT TO DEATH with your TERRIFYING BRAIN SORCERY. Have your LEGS CUT OFF and then REGROW YOUR LEGS and pick up your previous legs and EAT YOUR OWN LEGS. Encounter your EVIL TWIN and then summon six of your own GOOD TWINS to fight your evil twin’s SIX EVIL TWIN TWINS in a FOURTEEN-WAY PSYCHIC LASER DEATH RAVE and then BURN TO DEATH when all of the combined PYROKINETIC MIND FIRE from all of the TIME CLONES causes the ENTIRE MAP TO COMBUST AND MELT.

Since that was written, the game has been updated so many times, you could likely write 2 more, equally long paragraphs, filled with more poo poo you could do.

You can spray a substance on a wall to make it sentient, and then you can talk to the wall.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 7, 2018

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Mighty Bomb Jack is a game in which you control Jack, a person who has the ability to jump really high, really fast, which then results in him floating to the ground a bit slower. The object of the game is to collect bombs and treasure and stuff as you go from one stage to the next, avoiding enemies such as mummies that can kill you in one hit. You can find various powerups that, from what I remember, change your color scheme so you can open up hidden items in blocks and treasure chests and such. You open treasures and hidden block items by jumping off of them rather than hitting them. If you collect enough powerups, it turns all enemies on screen into treasure or something like that. The game also arbitrarily punishes you for collecting too much treasure by throwing you into a room where you avoid an onslaught of enemies, and to escape you have to jump X amount of times indicated on the screen (or lose a life I guess).

It's a weird rear end game I played way more than I probably should have as a kid and it's not very good but give it a try, you might just figure out all the weird nonsensical poo poo that's going on in it.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
GU cat chat-

If I do gathering quests as a Prowler, should I be playing a gathering cat, bringing along two gathering cats, or both?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Castlevania trilogy
Super Mario Bros 2 (both of them)
Zelda II
Kirby’s Adventure
Ducktales
Punch-Out
Contra
Ninja Gaiden trilogy

I’m waiting, Nintendo :colbert:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
One of December's NES games should be, like, Chubby Cherub or M.U.S.C.L.E.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulsNuIXES9s

New Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu trailer revealing it's not Red/Blue with different trainers.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Wildtortilla posted:

GU cat chat-

If I do gathering quests as a Prowler, should I be playing a gathering cat, bringing along two gathering cats, or both?

From what I can tell playing as a gathering cat doesn't do anything for your actual gathering (except for the standard cat things like infinite nets/pickaxes) but bringing a gathering cat that also has the plunderang and pilfer skills will net noticeably more items at the end of the hunt than a non-gathering cat.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dehry posted:

New Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu trailer revealing it's not Red/Blue with different trainers.

God drat I’m going to play the poo poo out of this until the real Pokemon game comes out.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
People poo poo on that game, but it looks downright charming. Gonna go with the Eevee version for sure.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMGT09yDS8o
Nice, that's so soon! Looking forward to being a block sometimes

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wildtortilla posted:

GU cat chat-

Both, and equip everyone with Gathering Pro (passive skill). Obv eat for Felyne Gatherer, as well. Get all the loot!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Nostalgia is strong for Metroid, but it's going to be a harsh lesson the first time a bug flys out of a spawner and kills you through a doorway. At least there's save states so you don't have to deal with passwords that have O and 0 in them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is there a password that just starts you at the correct start point, not with everything, but at least a decent amount of missiles and a few e tanks?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't imagine playing NES Metroid when Zero Mission exists. Kind of bizarre there hasn't been an effort to put out a 3-pack of the GBA/SNES games.

Mercury Crusader posted:

One of December's NES games should be, like, Chubby Cherub or M.U.S.C.L.E.

Chubby Cherub would be hilarious, I concur

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Dehry posted:

Does this interact with Bank or just Go?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Startyde posted:

Does this interact with Bank or just Go?

Just Go from what they've been showing off.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

AlBlaybleCharacter posted:

Is there a password that just starts you at the correct start point, not with everything, but at least a decent amount of missiles and a few e tanks?

The Metroid password system is pretty exploitable.

https://metroid-password-generator.herokuapp.com/

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dehry posted:

Just Go from what they've been showing off.

I assume the game is fully playable without Pokemon Go interaction? I'd hate to block off a huge portion of the game for my kids if that's not the case.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ragequit posted:

I assume the game is fully playable without Pokemon Go interaction? I'd hate to block off a huge portion of the game for my kids if that's not the case.

It is. Seems like just transferring Pokémon is what you do. There may be some exclusive ones from Go but I’m sure you can get those in other ways.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Metroid was a disc system game in Japan so no password system. Kind of a moot point with save states though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want the cool Japanese soundtrack with extra voices but does it have a much loading times as FDS Zelda?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

It is. Seems like just transferring Pokémon is what you do. There may be some exclusive ones from Go but I’m sure you can get those in other ways.

Ragequit posted:

The big thing is a new Pokemon named Meltan that can evolve to Melmetal but only using Pokemon Go. Mew is included with a $50 Pokeball controller. It appears the Pokemon availability will just be the same as Red/Blue with the Safari Zone Pokemon being distributed to different areas since that was replaced with the Pokemon Go transfer facility.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You may not realize this but Pokemon Go is free and kids love it, so you should download it and enjoy it as a component of Let's Go

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dehry posted:

The big thing is a new Pokemon named Meltan that can evolve to Melmetal but only using Pokemon Go. Mew is included with a $50 Pokeball controller. It appears the Pokemon availability will just be the same as Red/Blue with the Safari Zone Pokemon being distributed to different areas since that was replaced with the Pokemon Go transfer facility.

They saw an ad for the Pokeball controller and lost their minds, so we may get that as well. Good to know!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mulderman posted:

The Metroid password system is pretty exploitable.

https://metroid-password-generator.herokuapp.com/

This is super cool. But why are we talking NES games? I checked and nothing's been added.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
According to IGN on Twitter, Nintendo has said they will fix the Native American charicature in Smash.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Can someone give me a poke in the right direction in Hollow Knight:

I opened up the temple of the black egg, went in, unlocked being able to see percentage, defeated the boss and got an ending. Since then have done the white palace to completion, but then I took a break from the game for awhile and am unsure of where to go next because I don't remember any hints.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Nep-Nep posted:

Can someone give me a poke in the right direction in Hollow Knight:

I opened up the temple of the black egg, went in, unlocked being able to see percentage, defeated the boss and got an ending. Since then have done the white palace to completion, but then I took a break from the game for awhile and am unsure of where to go next because I don't remember any hints.

Incomplete Kingsoul Charm: Queen's Gardens
Complete Kingsoul Charm: Abyss

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Thanks, that should do it for me!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Switch has me completely readdicted to Diablo 3. Any time I’m at home watching TV or chilling I’m also grinding rifts now. Im finding it even more addicting than PC Diablo 3 was because I don’t have to make time to play it at my computer. It’s always there and ready for me to get more loot and I don’t have to go to another room or turn off my movie to do it, it’s actually really dangerous for my free time :ohdear:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah the switch has consumed 99.8 percent of my gaming time simply because it's so convenient. It helps that over half of my steam library is now available on switch as well.

We're well into a new golden era for us game boy boys, boys

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KingSlime posted:

Yeah the switch has consumed 99.8 percent of my gaming time simply because it's so convenient. It helps that over half of my steam library is now available on switch as well.

This is a new golden era for us game boy boys, boys

Yup. I’ve played multiple 3rd party games on Switch even though I have a PC that would run them with better graphics. It’s just way too convenient and I hope Nintendo sticks with this idea forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The Switch has me completely readdicted to Diablo 3. Any time I’m at home watching TV or chilling I’m also grinding rifts now. Im finding it even more addicting than PC Diablo 3 was because I don’t have to make time to play it at my computer. It’s always there and ready for me to get more loot and I don’t have to go to another room or turn off my movie to do it, it’s actually really dangerous for my free time :ohdear:

This would be me and Skyrim, really.