Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

am i doing it right

https://twitter.com/Kaubocks/status/1061815342064910337

now i gotta learn the in between wildfire doodling around and what to do going into a fight with heat already stored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

am i doing it right

now i gotta learn the in between wildfire doodling around and what to do going into a fight with heat already stored

Visual Blueprint for MCH lvl70 Stormblood Rotations v2 https://imgur.com/a/VlG7iUb

Have fun.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Kaubocks posted:

throwing together a new glam for drk because there's too many god drat big swords i like a lot and want to work around

here's what i've currently got for mighty thunderclap but would like some suggestions:

anyone know any good headgear to wear with this? i don't typically wear a lot of helmets but was wondering if there was anything that might match what i've got going on here. something pointy maybe. currently leaning towards hachigane of fending but not dead set on it.

my main drk glam uses a jet black head bandage so i'd like to go for something different than that

I am super fond of the durium hairpin of fending (L64); try that dyed silver.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kaubocks posted:

am i doing it right

No, no, all that flipping and twisting can't be good for your aim. Plant your feet and hold it with two hands.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Cabbit posted:

No, no, all that flipping and twisting can't be good for your aim. Plant your feet and hold it with two hands.

i did that for 64 levels, thanks :colbert:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Ibblebibble posted:

The fact that /think and /ponder work together owns bones.

oh my god i'm stealing the hell out of this

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I just realized: there are five XI races but only four instances.

Are we not getting one minion of every race?

Also, why is Wind-Up Elvaan so rare!? :argh:

The Dhalmel Calf minions are below a million on Balmung though. :confuoot:

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Pretty happy with how my Red Mage and Bard glamours have come together. Eventually I'll be able to get decent shots with gpose.

Smidge annoyed a lot of bows are extreme extra with all their poo poo.

Haven't found a pair of pants I am 100% for the Red (Stage) Magician but I will be good with these.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cabbit posted:

The loving Void Ark set took fewer runs to assemble than this thing, Jesus Christ.

Also, I made a friend:

Is that the chocobo from Chocobo's Racing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yep. It's the Chocobo from Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon and Chocobo Racing. The current raid focuses on it.

Kodilynn
Sep 29, 2006
Alright, finally got my first 70 last night (SAM) and other than a poo poo ton of quests that just popped up and finishing out Stormblood story, I'm kind of in a 'what do I do now?' mindset. Besides playing dress-up of course.

For the purposes of gearing to 390 and such, what should I focus on first?

acu
Oct 13, 2014

Kodilynn posted:

Unlock the Deltascape, Sigmascape and Alphascape Normal raids. These raids drop tokens that you can trade in for 320, 350 and 380 gear respectively. Alphascape drops are restricted to getting one item per raid per week however the others do not have this and can be useful for some ilvl progression.

Other than that, continue with the main story. It will unlock some dungeons that can be completed for gear and tombstones, and is needed to progress into unlocking other side content anyway.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

FactsAreUseless posted:

From the Chocobo's Dungeon series of spinoffs, specifically. Chocobo Racing was a Chocobo's Dungeon spinoff.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Kodilynn posted:

Alright, finally got my first 70 last night (SAM) and other than a poo poo ton of quests that just popped up and finishing out Stormblood story, I'm kind of in a 'what do I do now?' mindset. Besides playing dress-up of course.

M A P S

if you’re on Excal, I’ll invite you to maps sometime this week. We had a pretty good run on Friday night (600k+ in gil, 250 genesis tomestones, and plenty of rare loot). It’s a good time.

E: I’ll write something more substantial about it later, but you want to get 360+ gear as fast as possible. You can ask someone to craft you a full 380 HQ set that will get you last any ilvl barriers for this tier and you can optimize your gear later.

Mendacity - uncapped 360/370 gear
Genesis - 450 weekly capped 390 gear
Alphascape - weekly tokens for 380 gear
Lighthouse - last patch’s raid which drops 360 gear

Ask goons to help a newbie out, and we’ll get a party to run you through Omega (also known as O1N through O12N). It requires you finishing the 4.0 MSQ. It’ll take roughly about 3-4 hours if you watch all of the cutscenes and read all of the dialogue (do this, it rules).

Phone fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 12, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

BrightWing posted:

MCH

is good.

I'm proud of you. :patriot: :hellyeah:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Kodilynn posted:

Unlock hunt boards, do the elite and tier three marks for Stormblood and Heavensward, and use the currency you get to buy 340 Lost Allagan gear (and the upgrade tokens to turn it into 350 gear). Make sure to buy the weapon first.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Cabbit posted:

Unlock hunt boards, do the elite and tier three marks for Stormblood and Heavensward, and use the currency you get to buy 340 Lost Allagan gear (and the upgrade tokens to turn it into 350 gear). Make sure to buy the weapon first.

oh good lord no, I wouldn't do this. There's much better things to buy with hunt marks and grinding marks is something that gets very old, very fast.

What sort of Mendacity stream would you have available to you right off the bat as a fresh 70? 50/60 roulette, TDR, ADR, maybe LDR as well? It shouldn't take too long to pound out all the 360 gear from that which is a perfectly good milestone before making the jump into Alphascape and Genesis gear.

That's how I did it when I returned the day 4.4 dropped. I was in full 310 gear, so I used uncapped mendacity to hit 360 in about a week, which was the platform I needed to transition to end game. I'd gun straight for the 360 weapon too by grinding out O8 a few times.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 12, 2018

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Renegret posted:

oh good lord no, I wouldn't do this. There's much better things to buy with hunt marks and grinding marks is something that gets very old, very fast.

What sort of Mendacity stream would you have available to you right off the bat as a fresh 70? 50/60 roulette, TDR, ADR, maybe LDR as well? It shouldn't take too long to pound out all the 360 gear from that which is a perfectly good milestone before making the jump into Alphascape and Genesis gear.

You'll need to get up to 340 for EXDR, but just do 70DR and the others. They net good Mendacity.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Or just ask someone in a goon guild to take pity on you to craft a full set of gear, or at least a left side or something. The price of mats and the gear itself has tanked dramatically.

I’ll fart out a full 380 set.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I could really use some crafted gear too, at least a chestpiece or pants or something. It's well outside my price range and I assumed I'd have to pay for mats and my ilvl absolutely does not cut it. But not a belt because I spent tomestones on that already because I was wearing a 68 belt.

gently caress belts. The most worthless slot.

(Also I need to do more maps)

Prism fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 12, 2018

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Is Paladin a bad tank? It's the only one I have maxed so I have nothing to base things on, but I feel like I run out of mitigation really easily. Like after Rampart and Sentinel are on cooldown I'm basically praying that the healer's keep me topped up. I guess that's what Clemency is for but feels bad man.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Captain Cappy posted:

Is Paladin a bad tank? It's the only one I have maxed so I have nothing to base things on, but I feel like I run out of mitigation really easily. Like after Rampart and Sentinel are on cooldown I'm basically praying that the healer's keep me topped up. I guess that's what Clemency is for but feels bad man.

i don't do any savage content or anything so YMMV, but in my opinion:

when i play WAR i feel like a god
when i play DRK i feel like i always have something to do and feel like a badass doing it
when i play PLD i think "so this is it, huh?"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I must be missing some kind of mendacity firehose because gearing up with that costs several thousand stones and the once a day roulettes seem to be the biggest chunk, which are loving dire outside the level 70 stuff. Getting a set from hunt marks felt much faster, which was enough to get me into 24 man raids.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Captain Cappy posted:

It is a great tank just not as flashy as the others. Keep your fingers off the Clemency button, Requiescat > Holy Spirit spam will give you a constant Sheltron stream every minute.

What does your gear look like and what are you trying to tank?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Fat and Useless posted:

Keep your fingers off the Clemency button

wrong, show your disdain for your party openly by healing them after every mistake

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

CYBEReris posted:

wrong, show your disdain for your party openly by healing them after every mistake

this is the correct way to play pld

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

When you survive the raid wiping as the paladin it is your duty to clemency yourself and drag it out as long as you can.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kaubocks posted:

i don't do any savage content or anything so YMMV, but in my opinion:

when i play WAR i feel like a god
when i play DRK i feel like i always have something to do and feel like a badass doing it
when i play PLD i think "so this is it, huh?"

This sounds about right.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

CYBEReris posted:

When I heal exdr, my tank loses my comm the moment they self-clemency. You live and die by my permission, how dare you

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
when I play WAR i feel like every time one of you assholes does anything that isn't giving me TP you, personally, are slowing the whole group down you goddamn fuckers for the gently caress of poo poo whenever you don't use spire or goad or tactician i pray for your demise, in real life, right now.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

But if i Clemency myself you can keep casting Stone

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Clemency in trash pulls is cool since pld aoe is garbage.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Clemency in trash pulls is garbage because you just made the excog i put on you pointless

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

WrightOfWay posted:

Clemency in trash pulls is cool since pld aoe is garbage.

You can tell the WHM from the non-WHM based on how they feel about Clemency in dungeons.

Fat and Useless posted:

It is a great tank just not as flashy as the others. Keep your fingers off the Clemency button, Requiescat > Holy Spirit spam will give you a constant Sheltron stream every minute.

What does your gear look like and what are you trying to tank?

I don't do real content so I have no idea how it is in Savage. In scrub content like normal raids it feels fine as off-tank because you have a lot of things you can use to help mitigate having bad healers/dps but main tanking feels like garbo. Gear isn't really a problem, I was at 15k HP walking into a tank buster, but the moment I saw it coming and looked at all my cooldowns and went "yep, I have shelltron up and nothing else" felt bad.

Also feels bad that I'm not allowed to use the two things that make the class cool like Clemency and Passage of Arms because they're a dps loss.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Passage of Arms isn't a DPS loss anymore. If you pulse it between GCDs it will last 4-5 seconds. Same with Collective Unconscious.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Can't you pop passage in between gcds now and it'll stick around for five seconds?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
@Kodilynn and @Prism

My ign is Phone Number, or you can @Phone me on Catgirl Bargains. I will make you clothes to hide your disgusting, fresh, level 70 bodies.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

WrightOfWay posted:

Passage of Arms isn't a DPS loss anymore. If you pulse it between GCDs it will last 4-5 seconds. Same with Collective Unconscious.

Thanks, that's good to know. Just used it in a normal raid and it seemed to work pretty well. I remember PoA taking a while to even place the buff on people standing in the wings but that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.

(it would be cool if I could just walk around with angel wings tho)

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Clemency is good in AOE situations because once my major mitigation runs out it's better for me to spend a GCD on clemency than it is for my healer to spend a gcd on a cure 2. One more holy contributes a lot more to a truly huge pull than one more total eclipse or holy spirit (even taking into account gauge gain from holy spirit, I even value one holy over holy spirit + sheltron, since at high target counts sheltron doesn't account for a lot of actual mitigation). The trick is that if I'm clemencying myself, the healer basically has to ignore me or overhealing is almost guaranteed. Basically, if you're healing me and I clemency, I'm asking you to please go ham and fill my screen full of holy/gravity/miasma effects. Literally spend all of your MP dpsing or I can't finish. Thanks.

For mitigation, here's how I usually pop cooldowns in dungeon situations:

Hallowed (10s)
Sentinel (10s)
Rampart (20s)
Bulwark + Convalescence (15s)
(No single dungeon pull should last much longer than this.)
Awareness + Anticipation (20s)
By this point rampart should be almost back up.

In truly desperate situations you can even passage of arms for a couple seconds.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

when I play WAR i feel like every time one of you assholes does anything that isn't giving me TP you, personally, are slowing the whole group down you goddamn fuckers for the gently caress of poo poo whenever you don't use spire or goad or tactician i pray for your demise, in real life, right now.

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

When you survive the raid wiping as the paladin it is your duty to clemency yourself and drag it out as long as you can.

Exactly. The one thing PLD has going for it is how you can live through pretty much anything between cooldowns and clemency. Just got to be on the ball with hallowed ground.