Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

LegendaryFrog posted:

She will be, if her Senate record reflects how she voted/spoke while a congresswoman (from the most liberal district in AZ, no less). Even in her acceptance speech it was all about "work with literally anyone to get things done" "John McCain is my role model" "You will have a true independent voice in Washington."

I would love to be wrong though, and us AZ Dems will do everything we can to hold her accountable now that we have put her there.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-mccain-viewed-more-favorably-by-arizona-democrats-than-by-republicans/

Saying "McCain good" appeals to Democrats in Arizona

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

newly elected senator from a red-leaning state says some lowest-common-denominator bullshit about bipartisanship and john mccain, this makes her worse than manchin and therefore worse than hitler

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008

Jesus, his popularity with Democrats equals his unpopularity with Republicans. Next election, he'd probably have lost his primary and been voted for by a majority of Democrats as an independent.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

not joseph stalin posted:

Jesus, his popularity with Democrats equals his unpopularity with Republicans. Next election, he'd probably have lost his primary and been voted for by a majority of Democrats as an independent.

This was before he croaked so it DEFINITELY went up since then lol

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

goethe.cx posted:

newly elected senator from a red-leaning state says some lowest-common-denominator bullshit about bipartisanship and john mccain, this makes her worse than manchin and therefore worse than hitler

I would like to state for the record my comments were made in jest.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

The_Donald Arizona is lost Edition

quote:

The U.S. Senate now supports joining the Taliban.
-
I've stayed away from the donald for bout six days now. Knowing that this election fraud poo poo would piss me off! Dammit, I'm maximum pissed of now.
For all of the talks of Q and the storm I'm really hoping it comes soon. I have faith God Emperor will come through
-
So voting deadlines are a myth now. Starting to lick my chops for the next Civil War. These pussies don't have a clue what's in store.

I've been working on a post on how easy it is to buy a gun. There's ZERO excuse for not owning one.
-
.....I have completely run out of patience with this. This is unreal, and MCSALLY CONCEDED. WTF. I......I gotta just go out somewhere. Complete bullshit.
-
Well...if I have any kind words...she looks like she can take the D...as in ...take the loving Dem victory, the loving thieving skank.
-
gently caress the AZ GOP
gently caress the GOP.
All I heard since inauguration is how much the GOP/RNC had in donations. Where was this loving money on the ground to fight this voter fraud. Incompetent fucks.
-
Take the positives. These people are meme gold. They will singlehandedly kill their own party with their extremism.
-
Well, accept we lost the Senate, but at least it's neutral enough they don't have it either. House is still very lost. Many state govts lost as well.

So...have some really good plan for stopping 2020 theft...when we have less resources to do so than we did in 2018. And just ride these out as two years of only Trump EO's to get things done, and hope we get do the above and get fired up for 2020, despite the delay in progress that'll take by with an antagonistic house, and eager to roll over Senate.
-
Stick a loving fork in 2020. They're getting away with blatant fraud, Trump will not be allowed to win in 2020 if AZ, WI, FL, and all the others aren't dealt with. gently caress tweeting about it, and gently caress the spineless republican party that allows this to happen.

2020 is going to be stolen, and nobody is going to do poo poo. There won't be a revolution, there'll be a bunch of poo poo talking on reddit. Bill Mitchell will tweet out about how the republic is dead, he'll get tons of retweets, and then the Democrat president will be loving sworn in.
This voter fraud needs to be addressed and dealt with NOW. None of that loving Q "trust in coincidences" LARPing bullshit. THIS is the line in the sand that they can't be allowed to cross.

Spam every body of government you can contact, DEMAND results. If democrats are allowed to flip these states, it won't matter if liberal voters stay home and sleep. They don't need to vote with the new democrat model.
-
we reap what we sow. no voter id? oh well. maybe next time. I don't mean to be a bitch, but really, how long are we going to gently caress around with this? Are we being played?
-
Why isn’t GOP hiring election lawyers to defend this election?? Bunch of cucks!!
-
STOP VOTER FRAUD -- Purge everyone, in every state from voting rolls and start from scratch using valid ID..who's with me?...

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

not joseph stalin posted:

We loving lived to see a case in which "mobilizing/energizing the democratic base" actually entails fellating a mediocre republican that his own party tossed aside like a used kleenex.

On the one had, it's the kind of bloody-minded thinking that can get results. On the other, bugger me with a pineapple.

I guess it all comes down to the votes and laws. Maybe if we can rename Medicare for All (of, hell, even Full Communism Now) the "John McCain Free Market Initiative", it'll zoom past both houses.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

theflyingorc posted:

I'm not surprised, but i didn't think we'd see hard evidence this early

Feeling a trend with big news of our dumb wet idiot president where the left is not shocked and thus outrage fatigue prohibits this poo poo from sticking, and the right is so brainwashed they either don't believe it or don't care.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Licking my chops for when the new civil war starts and ends in a day because the chuds all die of overexertion off their rascal scooters. Or accidently shoot themselves in the face cleaning their AR-15s.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

Its a joke, no one seriously thinks less of her because she plays video games.

Now some gamers...

Does that dude actually have a pistol mounted above his TV? He's like a fake dictator from a Hitman game.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

KillHour posted:

Does that dude actually have a pistol mounted above his TV? He's like a fake dictator from a Hitman game.
I think that's a drawing of a pistol.
Not sure if that's less pathetic or more.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr Interweb posted:

Well that's at least one extra state where voting shenanigans will hopefully be kept to a minimum.

Is it too late to switch the vote for McSally?

McSally is also going to be a Senator! They can work together

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

oh my god

If you told me ten years ago that there would be a goon or goon-adjacent in the US Congress in TYOOL 2018, I'd laugh nonstop, but well here we are.

These rule, seeing chuds wallow in misery is always a nice pick-me-up.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Zero_Grade posted:

oh my god

If you told me ten years ago that there would be a goon or goon-adjacent in the US Congress in TYOOL 2018, I'd laugh nonstop, but well here we are.

i always thought the first one would be brian boyko

Zero_Grade posted:

as much as "owning my political opponents" is an unhealthy basis for how to vote, it is great to see this after two years of us being the ones wallowing in misery

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

corn in the bible posted:

McSally is also going to be a Senator! They can work together

TWO VOTES FOR THE WALL FROM ARIZONA!

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god i hope he gets indited. the dude is gross parasite who makes money hurting people.

Sorry it’s a bit late to the party but how do they all look like this?

Kale
May 14, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The guy appointed to McCain's seat is quitting in January

Shouldn't that result in a by-election?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Beefeater1980 posted:

gently caress if I know meme magic? Bad diet? Inbreeding?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

goethe.cx posted:

as much as "owning my political opponents" is an unhealthy basis for how to vote, it is great to see this after two years of us being the ones wallowing in misery

It's an incredibly good way to motivate voters, as Trump proved. This is one of the ways :decorum: cripples the Democrats.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Kale posted:

Not in Arizona!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Beefeater1980 posted:

twits.jpg

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Why the hell are these guys so eager to say they're going to get in trouble? Why the gently caress don't they just wait until something actually happens?

Oh, because they want to fleece people out of money for their "defense fund."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Kale posted:

Depends on the state.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Why the hell are these guys so eager to say they're going to get in trouble? Why the gently caress don't they just wait until something actually happens?

Oh, because they want to fleece people out of money for their "defense fund."

Someone's gotta pay for those trips to Golden Corral.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Persecution complexes are important to the right's ideology.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

KillHour posted:

Persecution complexes are important to the right's ideology.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Zero_Grade posted:

oh my god

He's in the VA State House, not US Congress

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Kale posted:

By-elections for House vacancies, governor appointments for Senate vacancies (immediately; sometimes until a by-election or next general, depends on state).

Lycus fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 13, 2018

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A guy I went to high school with got elected to city council a couple of years ago. That was the moment that I realized we were finally old.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kale posted:

it's sweet you think the senate in any way is beholden to democracy or people's governance.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
https://twitter.com/MamaGr3/status/1062105614053195782?s=19

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Please dont post poo poo from the_donald in here. By this point we all know what they are saying, we always have as it's completely predictable.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Fox is protesting Tucker Carlson’s treatment by the internet and Drudge deletes his tweets sometimes.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Charliegrs posted:

Please dont post poo poo from the_donald in here. By this point we all know what they are saying, we always have as it's completely predictable.

Nah it is actually pretty useful to see what narrative they've ultimately decided to go with.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Lafayette Ronald Hubbard lives

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Guys that is a generic as gently caress statement that says nothing about Sinema’s policies or plans. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

:v: BUT LK, WHY DON’T THE LIBERALS HAVE TO ENGAGE WITH ME? THIS IS DEBATE & DISCUSSION! :qq:
Because this thread is going to move crazy fast and it’s going to be many simultaneous discussions at once. I’m sure Fulchrum or yronic heroism will be around shortly to engage in the neverending slapfight

I don’t do this anymore except against my better judgment in C-SPAM, where it belongs

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ogmius815 posted:

Guys that is a generic as gently caress statement that says nothing about Sinema’s policies or plans. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Also being nice to John McCain as the senator elect of loving Arizona.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
So totally off topic and all, but whatever happened to Snowden? He seems to have fallen out of the news completely. Was he some Russian plant all along? Has Putin throttled his internet activities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Serfer posted:

Lafayette Ronald Hubbard lives

Andy Daly did a full episode of his podcast as Hubbard and it was glorious.