Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Anyone else playing this? It seems to get grindy very quickly.

Yeah, you don't have long at all till you're either paying money or waiting a day. Given I don't want to play it very much that is a nice feature but if you wanted a bit more time in game then expect to spend a *lot* of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Oh yeah, applied to Epic Seven's Goonsquad as DuckMolester.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I've got $3 of store credit...what's a good paid game that works offline and doesn't need a fast phone to work properly?

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 18, 2018

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Chas McGill posted:

I've got $3 of store credit...what's a good paid game that works offline and does need a fast phone to work properly?

Does or doesn't?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Have you heard of Dungeon Maker?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chas McGill posted:

I've got $3 of store credit...what's a good paid game that works offline and does need a fast phone to work properly?

Kingdom Rush, especially Origins but all three are amazing

#ymbab (you must build a boat)

Dragon Quest 3

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

VelociBacon posted:

Does or doesn't?
Oops, doesn't. I've got a Moto G4.

I'll have a look at the suggestions. Haven't played any android games in a long time.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Applied to the epic 7 guild as WharfRat

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Applied to Epic 7 guild as SAVrow

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Anyone else playing this? It seems to get grindy very quickly.

Yeah, giving it a shot and its ok for me because I only ever play a couple of games then put it away for a few hours.

The loot option helps a bit with the grinding, but I can see it getting worse and worse.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The play store page doesn't say this for some reason but the game's website gives the 22nd as the release date for Kingdom Rush Vengeance.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Epic Seven: I know a lot of people are using Mega-Phantasms to rank up, but what's the best way to level the Phantasms themselves up to achieve the next rank?

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.

New Leaf posted:

Epic Seven: I know a lot of people are using Mega-Phantasms to rank up, but what's the best way to level the Phantasms themselves up to achieve the next rank?

At the moment? Stick them in your backline whilst running the Destina final node (world difficulty) - drops a shitton of XP. What you should be feeding these guys as promotion fodder - 2 to 3 star should definitely be monsters, but 3-4 I've just been feeding other Phantasmas.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Make an epic 7 thread

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
And here we go...

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

This is the Epic 7 thread now

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
It's fun watching the lifecycle of this thread's gatcha game obsession. New game is released --> Everyone spams friend codes/clan invites --> someone makes a separate thread --> game is forgotten/abandoned.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The only reason it bothers me is that it's burying my posts about how there's finally a fourth Kingdom Rush game and it comes out in just 3 days

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

ponzicar posted:

It's fun watching the lifecycle of this thread's gatcha game obsession. New game is released --> Everyone spams friend codes/clan invites --> someone makes a separate thread --> game is forgotten/abandoned.

You skipped the step about "rerolling for optimization" because you gotta have The Best Team for that whole week you'll play the game

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I would say that the impending release of Stardew Valley would take over this thread, but those posts will generally go to the SV thread.

One of the few mobile games that seems to have lasted to justify its own thread is Animal Crossing. The only person that abandoned that game was me, and I'm the OP of that thread :negative:

I had so much hope for that game...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I abandoned Animal Crossing mobile because it became so boring so fast

Edit: don't tell me it added a bunch of stuff, i've been clean almost a whole year

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I use this thread as a way to get and share info about new and good android games, but more often then not it's just pages upon pages of guild invite requests for some new tittygirl gacha trash

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There's a sale on a lot of good games right now. I noticed Hitman Go, Lara Croft Go, The Room 4, Monument Valley 2, all for 1.50 or less

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I use this thread as a way to get and share info about new and good android games, but more often then not it's just pages upon pages of guild invite requests for some new tittygirl gacha trash

Yeah. I have it bookmarked in case something interesting comes out, but that seems rare. The gacha game stuff is just sort of depressing.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions is on sale for $3.59.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

This is great. Finally something to spend my survey bucks on.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.

Nice! Would this be better played on a tablet, or is the phone version fine?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I bought Dungeon Maker on thread advice and feel like it's just not fun. Lot of anime titties and tapping though!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Ezelek posted:

Nice! Would this be better played on a tablet, or is the phone version fine?

Probably tablet. My word of advice is on any menu to press and hold and while your finger still touching the screen move it up or down to the selection you want. The tapping the menu is just too unreliable and for certain actions you can't undo.

Also for the love of god, if the game ask you to save inbetween a mission do it on a different save file. You can accidentally lock yourself out of the game if you can't win in the 2nd half of the mission.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

precision posted:

I bought Dungeon Maker on thread advice and feel like it's just not fun. Lot of anime titties and tapping though!

interesting i was just thinking of buying this

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

precision posted:

I had a lot of fun with it eventually. The fact that basic rear end things like autoattack are locked behind rng upgrades really really really sucks

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I would say that the impending release of Stardew Valley would take over this thread, but those posts will generally go to the SV thread.

Is there a specific release date yet? All I have found online is articles saying "soon," but I haven't been following it closely.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

precision posted:

Lot of anime titties and tapping though!

Right up this thread's alley

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Len posted:

I had a lot of fun with it eventually. The fact that basic rear end things like autoattack are locked behind rng upgrades really really really sucks

It feels like it badly needs a tutorial. There's a lot of poo poo going on and I have no idea what to do. Oh well it was only a buck and I used survey money on it so even if it never becomes fun it's nbd

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

precision posted:

There's a sale on a lot of good games right now. I noticed Hitman Go, Lara Croft Go, The Room 4, Monument Valley 2, all for 1.50 or less

There a full list anywhere of the decent stuff? Sorting through the trash on the play store is a pain in the rear end

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

precision posted:

It feels like it badly needs a tutorial. There's a lot of poo poo going on and I have no idea what to do. Oh well it was only a buck and I used survey money on it so even if it never becomes fun it's nbd

Ignore souls and prisoners because they're for late game poo poo that's even more rng dependent. Your first few runs are going to beshit because every dark lord starts at level 1 with a single skill. Events are usually bad. The blue dungeon rooms give you roguelite style items that do various things

The Noodle Incident
Aug 23, 2007
I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!

Shwqa posted:

Probably tablet. My word of advice is on any menu to press and hold and while your finger still touching the screen move it up or down to the selection you want. The tapping the menu is just too unreliable and for certain actions you can't undo.

Also for the love of god, if the game ask you to save inbetween a mission do it on a different save file. You can accidentally lock yourself out of the game if you can't win in the 2nd half of the mission.

Speaking of saves, how is it that square can have so many games that not only don't have cloud saves, but also make it really difficult to move it from one device to another? It's not as if they never have it, FFIX has cloud saves, for example. But for a game that could take that many hours to finish, having it locked to a single device seems crazy.

Edit: ha, forgot to mention that I thought of this specifically because ff tactics does not have cloud saving and last time I checked, you need rooted devices to move the saves from one to the other.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cassa posted:

There a full list anywhere of the decent stuff? Sorting through the trash on the play store is a pain in the rear end

I can't find one and the Play Store is absolute rear end to look through, I just noticed a bunch of games in my recommended list being on sale

Picked up The Room: Old Sins because 3 wasn't on sale and goddamn I love spinning levers and pulling open drawers. Unironically. I wish they made games more often, they're so chill and solving the puzzles is always a big dopamine rush

I just wish they'd stop expecting me to care about the story

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
going on a trip for a week, what's a good picross/nonogram game i can slap on my phone? ideally one that keeps puzzles around 15x15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013

precision posted:

Wondering if there's a good list somewhere beyond just browsing app store.