Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cabbit posted:

The correct answer, as always, is OBLIV~III~ON

When it comes to trials, Tsukuyomi and Suzaku have edged out Shiva for my favourite primal theme. Hell, Tsukuyomi's transition beats Shiva's, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ibblebibble posted:

When it comes to trials, Tsukuyomi and Suzaku have edged out Shiva for my favourite primal theme. Hell, Tsukuyomi's transition beats Shiva's, IMO.

Suzaku is a strong choice, but I think I'd go with Thunderer, the theme for Chrysalis. Yes you technically also hear it in Praetorium for Lahabrea, but that fight's over so fast you don't get to appreciate the music.

For multi-phase tracks, I'd go with Final Steps of Faith.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
Freefall - the piece from phase 2 of Final Steps, is my favorite HW composition and may be my favorite piece from the entire game. Nice to see someone else also feels that way.

Edit: The Ascian theme used to be a fav of mine as well, but its lost some of its appeal as it is used as NM music in Eureka.

RE: AV chat - yeah, running it with your squad is ideal, but if you get it in LDR, just sack up, make the best of it, and try not to be a dick. I had a LDR a while ago when leveling NIN where I had to coach a sprout tank and healer pair through AV, and it went pretty well if only because they were both willing to learn and listened when I explained things. I got 3 comms on NIN in AV for my efforts.

Edit: Not to say we didn't wipe a few times to the first room and Coincounter, but it happens.

Marathanes fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Nov 25, 2018

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Marathanes posted:

Freefall - the piece from phase 2 of Final Steps, is my favorite HW composition and may be my favorite piece from the entire game. Nice to see someone else also feels that way.

Edit: The Ascian theme used to be a fav of mine as well, but its lost some of its appeal as it is used as NM music in Eureka.

RE: AV chat - yeah, running it with your squad is ideal, but if you get it in LDR, just sack up, make the best of it, and try not to be a dick. I had a LDR a while ago when leveling NIN where I had to coach a sprout tank and healer pair through AV, and it went pretty well if only because they were both willing to learn and listened when I explained things. I got 3 comms on NIN in AV for my efforts.

Edit: Not to say we didn't wipe a few times to the first room and Coincounter, but it happens.

The problem isn't AV in and of itself but that the opening room is more difficult than anything previous, and most pubbies can't be bothered to adapt. Normally, you can just bash your head against things and do ok. In that first room of AV, not so much.

A good group, or one willing to listen makes things much more smooth.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Does Thunderer also play on the first part of the final boss in Aetherochemical Research Facility?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Re: Trials music talk

Final Steps Hard rules a lot. Quiet at first, faster next, and then scary leitmotif after. Pretty sure my jaw dropped the first time I saw/heard phase 3 - the track I liked but had heard over and over throughout HW, flipped on its head. It's not as precisely timed as the music & Akh Morns during Bahamut Prime, but the new bits during the second phase 3 Akh Morn where it gets a bit, hrm, triumphant I guess? Like, when everyone stacks and the damage is split and the healers are doing their thing is such a great gently caress you to Nidhogg.

Think Lakshmi's my favorite since it's so different from most things in FFXIV and also appropriate to the fight.

Thyrork posted:

Does Thunderer also play on the first part of the final boss in Aetherochemical Research Facility?

It sure does

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ibblebibble posted:

The real question: which is the better buttrock track, Rise or eScape?

eScape. Under the Weight. :black101:

sitcom bathysphere
Jun 7, 2017
Does anyone arpee on FFXIV besides ERPers?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

sitcom bathysphere posted:

Not after Viera launches.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Yeah in fact most of the RP on the servers people make 5 year old jokes about are normal RP. It's just usually that's benign at worst so you don't hear people not on those servers talking about it cause it's not as interesting as the actual ERP brothels a FC set up.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

eScape. Under the Weight. :black101:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I would have made an rp alt on Balmung if I knew it was temporarily open a few weeks ago.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yes, a whole lot. Honestly the vast majority of RP stuff is mundane/normal stuff. People just don't talk about it because it's funnier to talk about the lalafell asking to smell your feet than whatever. There's the usual epic stuff but there's also a bunch of people who do stuff like opera houses or taverns or whatever. One of the stated reasons for the addition of housing markers was in fact because of stuff like that.

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Did they ever announce any plans for a portable Orchestron?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fooma posted:

Did they ever announce any plans for a portable Orchestron?

Yes, it's called BRD.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cabbit posted:

The correct answer, as always, is OBLIV~III~ON

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

An absolute shitton. I go to RP events almost every weekend on Mateus. There's literally too much RP going on for one person to participate in it all. The Quicksand is not the RP scene.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I was at an RP/Bard Performance event on Exodus last night that was pretty fun. The guy hosting it was giving away Night Pegasus and Dodo mounts.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Is this for another Rock paper shotgun article?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
RP watching is a favorite pasttime of mine. Even the benign stuff can be entertaining in just how astoundingly terribly written it is. Just the other night I ran into an individual who insisted on making everything plural. Everything.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wish I was as smug and perfect as Nanamo. :3:

sitcom bathysphere
Jun 7, 2017

Filthy Haiku posted:

Is this for another Rock paper shotgun article?

No, I’m actually interested in FFXIV RP but a I play a FemRoe and I’m concerned for her peace of mind.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
re: RP that isn't loving, my character went to church today and the turnout was crazy good:

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Marathanes posted:

Thyrork posted:

Thunderer is less an Ascian theme then it is a standard "This is a serious boss fight" theme. It plays for Lahabrea, and, uh, whatever the Chrysalis dude was called, but it also plays for Twintania, Behemoth, and as mentioned all the major Eureka voidsent. Given it's title, it was probably originally meant for Behemoth and expanded out from there.

sitcom bathysphere
Jun 7, 2017

Sade posted:

An absolute shitton. I go to RP events almost every weekend on Mateus. There's literally too much RP going on for one person to participate in it all. The Quicksand is not the RP scene.

Any tips on starting out and finding a good RP FC, or at least avoiding a bad one? Also where should I go to find spontaneous arpee that isn’t online erotic musical chairs? I did go into the Quicksand, which was the biggest gathering of players with the RP tag I’d seen, for what I was hoping to be some good wholesome Mos Eisley Cantina RP...

Sade posted:

re: RP that isn't loving, my character went to church today and the turnout was crazy good:

:yeah:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

While we're talking about RP: if I wanted to do up an apartment or a section of a house to resemble a Steppes-style tent, what kind of stuff would be good for that?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Meiteron posted:

Thunderer is less an Ascian theme then it is a standard "This is a serious boss fight" theme. It plays for Lahabrea, and, uh, whatever the Chrysalis dude was called, but it also plays for Twintania, Behemoth, and as mentioned all the major Eureka voidsent. Given it's title, it was probably originally meant for Behemoth and expanded out from there.

Oh it'd be neat if it was a motif for a new ascian themed song. :allears:

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

It'd be great if the Ascians hosed off forever because I'm tired of their bullshit. Hopefully Shadowbringers wraps up their storyline or at least gets them to stop being mysteriously evil on the moon and actually interact with the WoL (so I can kill them).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Captain Cappy posted:

It'd be great if the Ascians hosed off forever because I'm tired of their bullshit. Hopefully Shadowbringers wraps up their storyline or at least gets them to stop being mysteriously evil on the moon and actually interact with the WoL (so I can kill them).

There’s zero chance of them loving off any time soon BUT given that we are likely going to be working for Zodiark against them and going directly after the Ascians is the major plot thread right now I think we can safely say any mystery they had is about to go out the window. We are due for the whole truth about Zodiark and Hydaelyn and the origin of the Ascians

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
Im looking to use the 4.5 free xfer off of crystal so I can stay with my static. I'm the only person on crystal after the merger so it makes the most sense for me to xfer back to primal.

Right now im thinking of lamia ( 5/8 of the static are on lamia) behemoth (2/8 are there) ultros or leviathan. I'm looking for goons on those servers to give me an honest evaluation of the hunt train and housing market. If you have more things to tell me about it that would be great to.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

After doing Dun Scaith with my fancy new BLM glamour.. I'm starting to see the appeal of going WHM, hurling rocks at bosses, and throwing out a Medica 2 every 30 seconds instead of worrying about poo poo like Enochian.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 26, 2018

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
The best trial for music is obviously Ravana, because 'The Hand that Gives the Rose' and 'Unbending Steel' are both fantastic.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

It'd be great if the Ascians hosed off forever because I'm tired of their bullshit.

I can't believe Varis posts on Something Awful.

Yapping Eevee posted:

The best trial for music is obviously Ravana, because 'The Hand that Gives the Rose' and 'Unbending Steel' are both fantastic.

:yeah:

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Yapping Eevee posted:

Ravana has the worst music of any HW primal by far; it's repetitive and grating. Order is Sephirot >> Nidhogg > Thordan > Sophia > Bismarck, though Bismarck is still good and I might put it higher depending on my mood. Then I have literally no memory of Zurvan's theme despite farming the bird.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

jalapeno_dude posted:

Ravana has the worst music of any HW primal by far

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

jalapeno_dude posted:

Ravana has the worst music of any HW primal by far
:chloe:

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

jalapeno_dude posted:

Ravana has the worst music of any HW primal by far; it's repetitive and grating.

:wtc:

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

jalapeno_dude posted:

Ravana has the worst music of any HW primal by far; it's repetitive and grating.

die by my blade, fool

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

BLM feels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If it's room-wide you'd get hit anyway. Fake meme.