Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Escobarbarian posted:

So what is everyone playing right now??? I’m spending more time on my switch atm because I can play Pokemon while catching up on TV, but still getting through Astro Bot, which is just so goddamn good ugh

also I feel like we didn’t yell at Beanpole enough for the Yakuza thing

I played Beat Saber for the first time on Sunday and my arms and legs are still a bit sore but I can't wait to play it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

exquisite tea posted:

Also quit SOTN halfway through, talk about an asset flip. :rolleyes:

This one works as a genuine opinion, the inverted castle is not great. It's not as fun to traverse, and not much wonder exploring it. Can't skimp on level design in a platformer. I dig the game otherwise, but I do skip that portion on replays, not my thing at all. Since it's otherwise such a great game, I wonder if it just gets a pass there. To me it's a pretty big flaw.

What am I playing? Soul Calibur 6, game of the year with ease.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 27, 2018

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Heavy Metal posted:

This one works as a genuine opinion, the inverted castle is not great. It's not as fun to traverse, and not much wonder exploring it. Can't skimp on level design in a platformer. I dig the game otherwise, but I do skip that portion on replays, not my thing at all. Since it's otherwise such a great game, I wonder if it just gets a pass there. To me it's a pretty big flaw.

wrong

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

What do you like about it? And would you not see yourself enjoying an all new area even more, had they had the time/budget to do that? To me it feels like one of those tedious post-game type of things some games have, where you do something less fun to get the good ending.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

What do you like about it? And would you not see yourself enjoying an all new area even more, had they had the time/budget to do that? To me it feels like one of those tedious post-game type of things some games have, where you do something less fun to get the good ending.

Complaints about the inverted castle are overstated.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

RareAcumen posted:

Complaints about the inverted castle are overstated.

It seems to be the opposite, it's a bit more rare to hear any criticism towards that game isn't it? I guess you're saying it's overstated because you don't mind it? I don't enjoy it at all myself.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Heavy Metal posted:

Coming from someone who had no idea it was coming, to go from thinking that I was about to beat the game, to only realizing that I was only halfway and also now had all my powers to use to explore updated areas with new enemies and new weapons was awesome.

Yes, if there was another area I would have liked it as well, but for what I got I was very pleased.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Fair enough, for me I found that while you have powers mechanically to traverse it, the areas weren't designed for this for the most part, so it just felt clunky. Like a brute force solution to a problem they created. And in general didn't capture my imagination like the first half. I'd rather have the shorter game myself. Neither of us are wrong though, we're sharing what happened when we played this game.

Crimpanzee
Jan 11, 2011

univbee posted:

Wipeout Omega Collection?

Thanks ill check this out!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh! No wonder I've heard nothing about Shin Yakuza up until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukp2pL_s71U

It's a mobile game. :)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

RareAcumen posted:

I had that terrible realization too.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

RareAcumen posted:

Isn't it that there are two games coming with the new guy, one is mobile, one is the mainline game? Ryu Ga Gotoku Online is the mobile one, Shin is the real one.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Heavy Metal posted:

Isn't it that there are two games coming with the new guy, one is mobile, one is the mainline game? Ryu Ga Gotoku Online is the mobile one, Shin is the real one.

Is shin the one with the new protagonist?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Bombadilillo posted:

Is shin the one with the new protagonist?

They both have the new protagonist, at least that's what we'd heard so far. They had this teaser cutscene with Kiryu meeting the new guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8qYs6Ya6HI

And it sounds like they're developing Shin to be the next main Yakuza game, and they also have the Online mobile game. Unless there's new info, Shin should be in development, we just haven't seen the game yet. The stuff with the 2D art is the mobile online game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

I had that terrible realization too.

It's not that bad, for me. I'm just shifting my attention to Judge Eyes and the HDs of 3-5 entirely now.

Heavy Metal posted:

Oh poo poo, there's even more going on backstage that I was unaware of!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love reading what y’all are playing :) I really wanna start Kiwami 2 but I have a goal of completing 25 games this year and I’m on 21 so focusing on shorter things atm/Pokemon Let’s Go which is hella easy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think I'm gonna give up on Assassin's Creed Odyssey because every time I play it I am just thinking about how I suspended my Kiwami 2 playthrough for it

Like I'm also playing a bunch of VR games and Soulcalibur and Magic the Gathering but I only have time for one sprawling narrative game at a time!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

JBP posted:

I'm a bit annoyed that I can't change spin and drop buttons. I'm used to using up and down to spin blocks and face buttons to dump or speed them up so I keep hitting up and loving my game. I can even remember the last time I played Tetris so this is some lizard brain stuff developed a long time ago.

Yo, use the accessibility menu in the settings on the PS4 main menu, you can swap whatever buttons you like. I just changed spin to square and x rather than x and o.

(it makes using the menus until you revert the buttons back 'fun' too)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Kiwami 2 is the best Yakuza so far imo, as much as I love 5 and 0.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When I played Tetris Effect the controls were absolutely insane to me. Isn’t it like square and x to spin a piece. It should definitely be up like a normal person would assume

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Up got used for fast drop (down is slow drop).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

When I played Tetris Effect the controls were absolutely insane to me. Isn’t it like square and x to spin a piece. It should definitely be up like a normal person would assume

You gotta be able to rotate in both directions so you can play Tetris like a grand master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YOR-nAnj4I&t=181s

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Escobarbarian posted:

The controls are definitely the biggest thing slowing me down still, but it's not too big a deal. I mostly just play the random modifer game mode anyway.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Kiwami 2 is the best Yakuza so far imo, as much as I love 5 and 0.

Why do you say this? I didn't think the substories were as good as 0 but I'm only on chapter 9

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Most substories were on par with 0, some were better.

making ART, being the VA of a BL's game, Be My Baby

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's also the best written story in the main franchise by a decent margin, even though 0 is good too.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It's also the best written story in the main franchise by a decent margin, even though 0 is good too.

Ok sweet. I thought 0s nose dived halfway through then bounced back, so that's good to hear

And yeah making art/be my baby were incredible, I haven't done the other legendary ones yet

I think the real issue is no pocket circuit racing :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

mastershakeman posted:

I think the real issue is no pocket circuit racing :(

Yeah :smith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYJAYGvJkMk

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

still pisses me off that wasnt in kiwami 2. (and 3! what game does it start in, because i thought it was 3, 4 or 5?)but at least tonight, is. :smith:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The Cabaret Club is also surprisingly hot blooded

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/106...490916884144128

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Escobarbarian posted:

When I played Tetris Effect the controls were absolutely insane to me. Isn’t it like square and x to spin a piece. [b]It should definitely be up like a normal person would assume[/]

What kind of Tetris have you been playing where up is spin??

Though if you want it set up like that you can just go into accessibility and assign spin one way as up. It'd gently caress you up at higher speeds though where you need to be pressing spin in either direction at the same time as move the piece to extremes of the grid.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pokemon Go clone for mobile but it’s Majima Everywhere.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CrRoMa posted:

Well that's certainly one way to play :blush:

:eyepop:

exquisite tea posted:

It’s a rite of passage in any game with character creation to spend 30 minutes fine-tuning the upper brow ridge of your avatar only to instantly delete them once you actually get into the game and they look like some horrible monstrosity.

The shape of a brow ridge matters a great deal, to blackpill weirdos of the internet

Samuringa posted:

This is the most chill thread with the coolest posters

What a time to be alive

VideoGames posted:

Absolutely agree, this is why I do not like to impose anything. Every game will have someone that likes it and regardless of what general consensus is there will be outliers. From all reviews and posts it does look as if Mirror's Edge: Catalyst is a good game. I am absolutely sure some people are enjoying it and their enjoyment is 100% valid.

They should definitely share their experiences as much as anyone who played it and disliked it. They may discover others who like it or not, but they should definitely be heard.

I agree. :colbert:

exquisite tea posted:

I burned out on Ico because I got sick of all the hand-holding.

Yorda's a bit co-dependent for my taste

Quantum of Phallus posted:

My power cut and I lost my entire first dungeon progress on Persona 5 so I decided to just give up

That sucks. I had to do the first dungeon again, too, but I was glad I did.

Escobarbarian posted:

So what is everyone playing right now???

I'm playing Soul Calibur mostly, but I absolutely will play Y0 before Sekiro releases.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just checked the email address associated with my PSN account (that I rarely check) and they gave me three free months of Netflix because I've been a Plus member for so long, neat. :)

Arist fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 27, 2018

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Escobarbarian posted:

Hello this was me for over a year and now it’s one of my top 10 games of all time. It really is good enough to transcend that poo poo.

———

So what is everyone playing right now??? I’m spending more time on my switch atm because I can play Pokemon while catching up on TV, but still getting through Astro Bot, which is just so goddamn good ugh

Playing spryo, Battlefield V and call of duty blackout.

Spyro is really great and beautifully done (even if it's quite easy most of the time) bfv I'm just playing occasionally but I'll be waiting for future updates and even though it's call of duty, their battle Royale mode seems to be the most polished and fun. It's great with goons.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just got to the Stan Lee cameo in Spider-Man :rip:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Sakurazuka posted:

I just got to the Stan Lee cameo in Spider-Man :rip:

Ya know, it's kind of sweet that it's the last cameo Stan Lee appeared in while he was alive, considering Spider-Man was his favorite.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

PantsBandit posted:

Ya know, it's kind of sweet that it's the last cameo Stan Lee appeared in while he was alive, considering Spider-Man was his favorite.

Are we sure he didn't film any cameos for movies that have yet to be released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

:tviv: