Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Nope. I played RDM throughout SB and never got that scene.

Forgive me, I made it through Rauhban EX relatively early (on RDM), and it's been a while, so I may have misremembered it. I may have just been thinking 'I can heal..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

central dogma posted:

I feel like the opposite. I'm comfortable with drk, especially after learning The Blackest Night. I feel like it's a crime that you have to wait until 70 to get it. I also enjoy Dark Arts weaving and how some abilities are different depending on its use. My guess is though that they'll oversimplify the class next expansion,maybe get rid of dark arts altogether :(

WAR though? I just don't get it. I leveled it to 55 and it just feels so much harder to use, even compared to my DRK at 55. I think it's the burst phase that trips me up. I stopped leveling PLD at 55 also, but mostly because I'm sick of Rage of Halone.

If you're talking about defensives, WAR basically has their full kit around 60. Unfortunately the DPS rotation isn't complete until you get Inner Release at 70.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My one wish for Shadowbringers is that they fuckin add voice acting to the raid. It's so lame that they're completely silent. Hell, I'll accept just the fights having voice acting at the very least.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

I super highly doubt that we'll never see her again being that we're just about to go on adventures with her dad.

Wait, what?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rainuwastaken posted:

Man, I can understand being down on Alphy at the end of ARR, but he's become one of my favorite characters in the game since and I will not stand for you mocking my beautiful boy.

e: what's the side content fordola was shoved off to? I liked her arc

Short stories: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/tales_from_the_storm/sidestory_07/#sidestory_07

It is highly recommended that you be current with all mainline story content + story O12 before reading to avoid all spoilers.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'm confused, why would you take that to mean she isn't showing up in the story again? Estinien has.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Thundarr posted:

Wait, what?

Gaius is essentially Fordola's adoptive father. It is mentioned multiple times in the MSQ that she learned everything from him as his protege and thinks of him as more of a father than her real parents. It wouldn't be right to feature Gaius heavily in 5.0 without also having him and Fordola reunite.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

Gaius is essentially Fordola's adoptive father. It is mentioned multiple times in the MSQ that she learned everything from him as his protege and thinks of him as more of a father than her real parents. It wouldn't be right to feature Gaius heavily in 5.0 without also having him and Fordola reunite.

That makes more sense. Given the other convo about side stories I thought you meant they had hidden a real dumb swerve in one of them.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Cythereal posted:

My God I've wanted to kill that brat since ARR. What part of "Everything you touch turns to poo poo, gently caress off you insufferable brat" is so hard for the game to understand about the moron?

Have you actually played the game since ARR? He spends all of Heavensward atoning for letting someone take advantage of his inexperience and acquits himself pretty well throughout the whole resolution of the Dragonsong War.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The Chairman posted:

Have you actually played the game since ARR? He spends all of Heavensward atoning for letting someone take advantage of his inexperience and acquits himself pretty well throughout the whole resolution of the Dragonsong War.

Yes, and I still loathe him. He's not as terrible now as he used to be, but I'd much rather spend time with characters I actually like, like Y'shtola, Alisae, Lyse, Hien, and Yugiri.

Enough so that someone spent at least ten bucks on me for it - the red text changed after the first time. :v:

Sorry I offended your honor by disliking your teenage elf husbando.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cythereal posted:

Yes, and I still loathe him. He's not as terrible now as he used to be, but I'd much rather spend time with characters I actually like, like Y'shtola, Alisae, Lyse, Hien, and Yugiri.

Enough so that someone spent at least ten bucks on me for it - the red text changed after the first time. :v:

I think you went way way beyond dislike a long time ago. It got weird a while back lol.

Like I said though, I’m interested in seeing what you think of 4.4 once you’re finished. I want to know if I win my bet. :v:

KoB
May 1, 2009
The worst part about Asahi is that I didnt get to kill him.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Cythereal posted:

It's less that and more that you seem completely incapable of shutting up about your weird creepy hateboners for fictional characters hth

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

KoB posted:

:yeah:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think Cythereal dislikes Alphinaud because Alphinaud actually knows how to learn a lesson through things that happen.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Cythereal posted:

How do you find Alphinaud completely terrible but think Hien is effective or good?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

KoB posted:

Well, she had dibs.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

The Chairman posted:

How do you find Alphinaud completely terrible but think Hien is effective or good?
Hey, come on. That sex trafficker told Hien he felt super totally bad about all the horrific human rights violations he had committed. Are you saying you wouldn't instantly forgive him? :v:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hien is hot

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Arist posted:

Hien is hot

:emptyquote:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Alph was naive and didn't realize he was being played, then he spent the rest of the game trying to make up for it and stop being a dumbass.

Hien fully realized he was being played and thought "let's see where they're going with this" the whole way through. Then when things luckily worked out, he continued on as though nothing had really happened.

(For what it's worth I though he made the right call with Tsuyu)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
tbf Hien didn't really have any choice to sit there and take it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
e: doublepost somehow

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yugiri as a good character? I can't remember a single thing she does or say.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yugiri as a good character? I can't remember a single thing she does or say.

Just a bunch of ninja poo poo and the occasional spin flip kick.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yugiri's honestly not even remotely as good as the actual ninja job NPCs

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Cythereal posted:

oh for gently caress's sake I have to play as Alph?

You’re the worst lol

panda clue
May 23, 2014
e: nvm

panda clue fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 27, 2018

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Blockhouse posted:

Yugiri's honestly not even remotely as good as the actual ninja job NPCs

That's kind of damning because Oboro is the most incompetent ninja in the game. By a wide margin. It takes a special kind of dumbass, when you're sneaking around, to loudly call out to the rest of the group to keep going without him.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Yugiri is the one who took all the stuff about "live and die for your lord" in the ninja guidebooks seriously, and didn't realize that you're supposed to experience tension w/r/t that principle for things to be interesting.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Hello I purchased a beam saber lance last night and I am unoriginal.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
There are only two really good Ninja job NPCs, Karasu and Yuki. This has been a public announcement.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Arist posted:

Hien is hot

hien looks like a kingdom hearts character

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Venuz Patrol posted:

Lets not say things we can’t take back now

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Captain Oblivious posted:

yeah, kh characters have better textures on their clothes

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Marathanes posted:

Forgive me, I made it through Rauhban EX relatively early (on RDM), and it's been a while, so I may have misremembered it. I may have just been thinking 'I can heal..."

Maybe they'll eventually add an alternate scene where Krile just bullies you for trying to heal and telling you to meld Piety materia or get out the way. :v:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

My one wish for Shadowbringers is that they fuckin add voice acting to the raid. It's so lame that they're completely silent. Hell, I'll accept just the fights having voice acting at the very least.

:yeah:

The best part of the Ivalice Raid is the final bosses going full ham.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Captain Oblivious posted:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Cythereal posted:

I'm more offended by positive things being said about lyse than the alphi hate tbh. Lyse fuckin sucks. Worst Scion, not even close.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

GuyUpNorth posted:

There are only two really good Ninja job NPCs, Karasu and Karasu again. This has been a public announcement.

ftfy

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm more offended by positive things being said about lyse than the alphi hate tbh. Lyse fuckin sucks. Worst Scion, not even close.

She was somewhat entertaining in 2.0 when she was pretending to be her sister. She looked funny in 1.0, too, from what cutscenes I've seen there.

Killing off Papalymo was the biggest disservice to her character, I'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Failboattootoot posted:

Yeah, Lyse is pretty bad. As Yda she was just Papalymo's sidekick that punched people. Then she had a bit of development in 3.55, and then ran the Ala Mhigan resistance because *reasons*.