Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Captain Baal posted:

Christmas 2018 news

-Bradamante is a 5* Quick lancer with an assload of health designed by the xenoblade 2 guy, she will be permanent
-Ruler Quetz has a costume that gives her a luchador mask
-BONES AND FANGS IN THE LOTTO
-Santa Alter command code is 4 crit stars when you hit with that card, 4* command code is +1000 damage on that card, 3* command code removes an enemy defense-buff
-Previously mentioned QOL poo poo including the pre reveal lines for EOR servants
-4Martha is getting an animation update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L_Yvrpcwjw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-Kur89ewPY

angery face slowly getting bigger and angeriwe dot jif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Randomzx posted:

How could that be if you mangle character names?

Do you want to talk about it or are you going to be ok?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Ablative posted:

EX is more like the chart going "yeaaaaaaaaaaaah I don't know what the gently caress anymore, but I gotta say something."

And yeah, plusses are usually situational bonuses.

Ditto minuses, but in reverse.

It still amuses me that Martha, who personally knew Jesus Christ, has Protection of the Faith at A Rank, while Vlad III's Lancer version and King Hassan have it at A+++. :allears:

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

W.T. Fits posted:

It still amuses me that Martha, who personally knew Jesus Christ, has Protection of the Faith at A Rank, while Vlad III's Lancer version and King Hassan have it at A+++. :allears:

Makes sense - Protection of the Faith as a skill is based on your own personal level of belief rather than any external factors. If you have a truly intense level of faith, that's more powerful than physically having the relevant religious factor literally standing in front of you and only having a normal or even relatively high degree of faith.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I like to think Jesus was scared of her fists.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

W.T. Fits posted:

Protection of the Faith strikes me as more fanaticism than anything. So it makes sense that Martha, despite not being the prim and proper saint she pretends to be, doesn't reach that high of rank in that skill.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.
Just finished Camelot.

Bedivere needs so many hugs. :sympathy:

I could swear there was supposed to be more about the whole Fake Richard the Lionheart/Knights of the Round backstory in game, but I guess not? I'm assuming Fake Richard is going to be a thing at some point, because Nasu, but I'm curious who he really is and how he'll be relevant.

I hate to admit it but I snorted when Gawain snapped at the group about how the Knights would never lose to a bunch of grave robbers like the Crusaders. Uh dude, you were losing, that's why Gareth suicided in order to pin Fake Richard down long enough for you to kill him!

Love how even though the world is going to end and Agravain knows it's going to end, he still takes time out to fleece the merchants' guild for some extra pocket cash.

Agravain: I have no fear of death. Death is inevitable.

Soldier: Oh poo poo, Serenity's using her NP!

Agravain: *disappears like the Road Runner*

I'm pretty sure Nasu said that Agravain is one of the few people who knew that Artoria was actually a woman, so nice to see the little pause before "man" during his little misogynist rant. And based off what he said, it sounds like he's also aware that the Fall of Britain is a Quantum Time Lock, and inevitable, but he was desperately trying to stop it anyway? Agravain, you are a broken, broken man, but you're kind of interesting.

Nasu's Camelot/Zero summary and the knights' dialogue both make it sound like it was their decision to follow the Lion King that (oh no) doomed them to rejection by the Lance. But considering that Rhongomyniad would only select people that "do the right thing no matter what" to the point it was rejecting children, the Knights were never going to picked anyway. So I don't understand why that was even brought up.

Plus at that point they were Heroic Spirits and not humans anyway, so they wouldn't have been chosen simply based on that. So what was the point?

Gawain, don't you dare put the blame on Bedi for YOUR decision to become a murderous rear end in a top hat. :argh: And then Bedivere saying he's right to despise him. :cry:

Speaking of Gawain: does he have an interlude, or, well, anything that addresses how his massive guilt complex over Artoria has a nasty habit of making him a threat to the entire known world?

I'm serious. In Extra, he was Leo's Servant, and while Leo was a good kid, if he had won the Moon Cell Grail War, the world would have gone into stagnation. Which not only would have been extremely bad for humanity, it would have led to that iteration of the world becoming a pruned timeline. Gawain knew this, and also knew that Leo could never be the "true" king he was hoping to serve as atonement because Leo had never known defeat, and never really could, because in the Moon Cell defeat=death. But he kept on anyway.

Then Camelot showed that he's ready to throw away all scruples, commit mass murder of innocents and destroy the world if King Arthur says so, even if the king is no longer "King Arthur" but an inhuman goddess-monster instead.

I have to admit, I find Gawain's character pretty aggravating, because it does seem, from both Extra and Camelot, that he's half-aware that what he's doing is Wrong and will in fact make things much worse for both himself and literally everyone else on the planet. But then he keeps on doing the stupid over and over again and not learning from his mistakes. Come on, even Mordred realized that she needed to change, you have no excuse.

Hundred Personas and Cursed Arm were so drat great. :swoon: I know Tristan's actually one of the least guilty of the knights (aside from being guilty of following the Lion King in the first place) due to literally being brain-washed but it was very satisfying to see Tristan think he won and then, whoops, not only did Cursed Arm survive, he gets to go live a normal life with his son because the Cursed Arm went to Tristan.

OTOH, Serenity. I never liked Serenity in Prototype/Fragments but at least there she had a character and something approaching development. Then FGO throws all that out the window because FGO Serenity explicitly isn't Fragments Serenity, turns her into "Kiyohime but shy" and...that's it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

I like to think Jesus was scared of her fists.
Who do you think taught her martial arts?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm not surprised the guy who wanted to gently caress a murderclown had an unusually high level of faith

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

dogsicle posted:

i'm not surprised the guy who wanted to gently caress a murderclown had an unusually high level of faith

The Lord moves in mysterious ways, okay?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
So...where was the Demon God Pillar in this one? Is this another of those background materials? Cus it wouldn't surprise me given the scale of the conflict that it was taken out prior to the events of the game, I just want to know.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Gologle posted:

So...where was the Demon God Pillar in this one? Is this another of those background materials? Cus it wouldn't surprise me given the scale of the conflict that it was taken out prior to the events of the game, I just want to know.
The Demon God was supposed to be Sabnock, and there's data and a sprite in game for it. However it doesn't actually show up anywhere in Babylonia, because at no point does anyone who possesses the grail see any reason to turn into a pillar. It will reappear in the final singularity, as one of the raid bosses, but it's a different version of Sabnock there.

So yeah they just kinda skipped it this time.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Babylonia 2 banner in a day's time, feat. Lucha Onee-san, Beeg Snek, and Strongest Under The Heavens Jaguarmura sensei

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Liffrea posted:

I have to admit, I find Gawain's character pretty aggravating, because it does seem, from both Extra and Camelot, that he's half-aware that what he's doing is Wrong and will in fact make things much worse for both himself and literally everyone else on the planet. But then he keeps on doing the stupid over and over again and not learning from his mistakes. Come on, even Mordred realized that she needed to change, you have no excuse.

A lot of Gawain's issues seem to be rooted in an incident described in Garden of Avalon.

quote:

Garden of Avalon recounts the battle against Vortigern from Gawain's perspective. While Arthur was called a perfect and invincible king, the battle against Vortigern was one where defeat was very possible. Having cornered him in his citadel while fending off the foreigners, Artoria, Gawain, and her other elite troop made their way to the throne room where Vortigern was barricaded alone. Believing the battle to be won, they let their guard down and were overwhelmed by a single attack in their hesitation. It incinerated the troops, destroyed Gawain's morale, and took the light away from both Excalibur and Excalibur Galatine. Gawain could only watch as Artoria fought with Excalibur's faint light, never giving up even though she was fighting against Britain itself in the form of a dragon.

Destroying the citadel as he grew in size, Vortigern and Artoria fought for hours, and Gawain, finally regaining himself, could only beg her to retreat. She simply asked for his assistance with a smile, rejuvenating his spirit as they both fought the dragon. They were able to stall Vortigern by piercing their swords through his hands while Artoria pierced his heart with Rhongomyniad. Breaking the tyranny that had spewed from Vortigern, it left him as a feeble old man, calling them fools for granting Artoria the spear and saying they have brought forth greater ruin in order to defeat him. With his dying words, he claims that Artoria cannot save the kingdom because the coming of the age of civilization will mean the country has no future so long as she, whose power is at odds with humans, still lives.

The reasons he winds up taking the 'wrong' actions like that also get a fair amount of elaboration in CCC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAoBxmsPp-Q&t=466s

Gilgamesh posted:

Betrayal is when two people agree to walk the same path, then one stabs the other in the back. If the paths are different from the beginning - then inevitably one will devour the other... the "ideal" king people wish for is something that no human being is fit to be. I imagine that is why your king pitifully self-destructed from betrayal.

Gawain posted:

You're wrong. My king did not err. The failure was mine, and mine alone.

As for his chance to be hero for a day, he does get that in the CCC event.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nakar posted:

The Demon God was supposed to be Sabnock, and there's data and a sprite in game for it. However it doesn't actually show up anywhere in Babylonia, because at no point does anyone who possesses the grail see any reason to turn into a pillar. It will reappear in the final singularity, as one of the raid bosses, but it's a different version of Sabnock there.

So yeah they just kinda skipped it this time.

He went to Dragalia during the last event there

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I think it's important to remember that Gawain is also Altria's nephew.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pureauthor posted:

Babylonia 2 banner in a day's time, feat. Lucha Onee-san, Beeg Snek, and Strongest Under The Heavens Jaguarmura sensei

My cup runneth over with Riders already, but I'll be damned if I do not want Quetz to come party it up with me.
And of course I gotta have Gorgon.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

I think it's important to remember that Gawain is also Altria's nephew.

And Mordred's brother.

Neither of these bits ever come up really.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Any advice on taking out Super Snek in Babylonia? I tend to look at numbers and then worry myself, despite having more than enough ways to deal with it. I mean, I'm pretty sure Jack could take off over 100k with an NP, And bond CE Herc could be clutch, but I still worry sometimes about what I should do to keep things under control.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Ashsaber posted:

Any advice on taking out Super Snek in Babylonia? I tend to look at numbers and then worry myself, despite having more than enough ways to deal with it. I mean, I'm pretty sure Jack could take off over 100k with an NP, And bond CE Herc could be clutch, but I still worry sometimes about what I should do to keep things under control.

Just go into it. It's not that hard, and the boss's attacks fill up your servants' NP bars really quickly (provided they survive the hit). I did Vlad/Herc/Friend Jack with Jalter and Chloe in the backline and did fine.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Ashsaber posted:

Do you have any Anti-Divine ST like Scathach or Ruler Martha? Just whoever your best ST DPS should be fine.

Support 10/10/10 Waver to cycle NP as fast as possible.

A healer would be nice, but doesn't really matter, any support would do. Medea Lily is ideal, her debuff removal is clutch. Without her, Iri will do too. Or even a secondary DPS

I just bided my time until I had a NPBB chain before I fully buffed Martha to burst atk. Only needed to NP 2-3 times to win.

But yeah, just finished Babylonia. Feeling like I finished watching a whole season of an anime.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ashsaber posted:

For those sorts of big bosses that hit the whole party with big multi-hit attacks, you might try using NPs that buff your defense and debuff the enemy's attack. Those big attacks charge your NP really quick, so you can stack the buffs/debuffs and reduce the damage to zero while continuing to charge a bunch of NP. Mashu and Asterios might be good budget choices to try. Maybe fit in either a healer or a damage dealer in the third slot.

Failing that, if you're really super stuck, there's always the option of waiting six months when we get a welfare servant with advantage against avengers :v:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

W.T. Fits posted:

The Church shouldn't have burned Vlad's waifu :v:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Bakanogami posted:

For those sorts of big bosses that hit the whole party with big multi-hit attacks, you might try using NPs that buff your defense and debuff the enemy's attack. Those big attacks charge your NP really quick, so you can stack the buffs/debuffs and reduce the damage to zero while continuing to charge a bunch of NP. Mashu and Asterios might be good budget choices to try. Maybe fit in either a healer or a damage dealer in the third slot.

Failing that, if you're really super stuck, there's always the option of waiting six months when we get a welfare servant with advantage against avengers :v:

I have probably got more 5*s than many have 4*s, and a lot of damage potential, its just a bit of my head looks at a big number and I get far more intimidated than I should be. Thanks, Gorgon falls tomorrow.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Bakanogami posted:

Just wait one month for Double Merlin!

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Ashsaber posted:

I have probably got more 5*s than many have 4*s, and a lot of damage potential, its just a bit of my head looks at a big number and I get far more intimidated than I should be. Thanks, Gorgon falls tomorrow.

Oops, we probably all thought you were talking about Super Big Momma Snek

Edit: Sorry, double post

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The Kira Kira is strong in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fl0Ql3e5aM

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
god the gratuitous rear end shot in the new servants np is just embarrassing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Np2 ruler, could be worse in 90 I guess. 5 events in a row I can't get the 5 star ce now.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Question, if we get the same 30 quartz Japan got when would they come, before or after the Quetzalcoatl banner?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Omobono posted:

Question, if we get the same 30 quartz Japan got when would they come, before or after the Quetzalcoatl banner?

it was part of the Solomon release campaign, just before Christmas.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dr Pepper posted:

And Mordred's brother.

And Mordred is also Artoria's nephew. So... yikes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

god the gratuitous rear end shot in the new servants np is just embarrassing

ly good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I rolled for her and got Rama and some event ces, sure

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Christmas Valkyries CE is a good civilization.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Liffrea posted:

Just finished Camelot.

The reason Gawain is the way he is is because the last time he chose doing what he felt was right over loyalty, it led to them losing Camlann and both he and Artoria being killed.

Basically, he directly disobeys Artoria's order to let Lancelot go without punishment when he returns to France and goes to fight him(which is totally fair, Lancelot basically slaughtered his entire family on the way out the door)which results in the guy who can't be been beaten under the sunlight and the guy who can't be beaten period fighting until night, at which point Lancelot injures him and he leaves.

Then, during Camlann, Lancelot comes to try and assist, but Gawain refuses his help and tells him to go home; again, it's hard to blame the guy for having a grudge against him for murdering his family, but Lancelot was strong enough that him beating Mordred and her entire army by himself wouldn't even be a little inconsistent with how he was generally written, so rejecting his help was a bad idea. Then, he's still too injured from the fight to beat Mordred himself, so they lose and his King dies.

Basically, he just doesn't trust himself to make decisions because he feels too guilty to do so, so he'd rather just do literally anything whoever is in charge of him says, or things will probably end up worse.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
sounds like the problem is that he keeps working for someone dumb enough to keep folks like Lancelot and Mordred around, and then blames himself when everyone else fucks things up despite his best efforts to stop them

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
To put it simply, Artoria and the Knights of the Round Table are a /mess/.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

dogsicle posted:

it was part of the Solomon release campaign, just before Christmas.

Quetz's banner lasts until the end of the year, so if we get those I can give her a 10-roll instead of a single ticket while keeping my Musashi stash. Nice.

Odds of me getting either Big Sis or Musashi are still Bad_Civilization%, but that's the way of us freeloaders.