Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

SKULL.GIF posted:

I still have no clue what Square is going to do with Samurai, though. The job as it is is super tight and removing almost any of its skills makes it fall apart pretty badly.

There's a couple opportunities. Merging Open Eyes and Merciful Eyes, then getting rid of Seigan, would save a couple hotbar buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Keep seigan and add a buff to it where it doubles your skillspeed for 2 gcds. Let me get under the 1 second gcd when I've got enhanced arrow.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Vermain posted:

Patch 4.5 preview site is up. Not much we didn't know/speculate about already yet. BLU will feature in this patch, and the new healer dungeon armor is another goddamn white robe!

This looks to be extremely my jam.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

This looks to be extremely my jam.

Super looking forward to the wild hordes of BLU descending upon the innocent flora and fauna of Eorzea to main and kill and pillage everything that moves.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm sorry to tell you that all the other FF9 fans died the same way that Vivi did.

They ran out of time? :ohdear:

Mango Polo posted:

Super looking forward to the wild hordes of BLU descending upon the innocent flora and fauna of Eorzea to main and kill and pillage everything that moves.

I'm so glad my old general armstrong outfit is going to be perfect for BLU. :allears:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

isk posted:

There's a couple opportunities. Merging Open Eyes and Merciful Eyes, then getting rid of Seigan, would save a couple hotbar buttons.

I like this but I also like Seigan since it gives me a reason to actually pay attention to the fight beyond "do mechanics"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Was there a live letter or something recently that I missed? I didn't realize they revealed the 4.5 patch name already.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

DizzyBum posted:

Was there a live letter or something recently that I missed? I didn't realize they revealed the 4.5 patch name already.

They revealed the patch at the NA fanfest liveletter a month ago.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

They revealed the patch at the NA fanfest liveletter a month ago.

Oh, drat, I've been so preoccupied I didn't even think to check for that info. I just watched the keynote with the Shadowbringers and Blue Mage reveal.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Do I dare to dream?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Uhhhhhhhh, is that a car. Please tell me where that screenshot came from because I will pay any amount of money to be able to roll up to rhalgr's reach in a rolls royce.

Sade fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 13, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Do I dare to dream?

Sade posted:

Uhhhhhhhh, is that a car.

I see:

- a car
- the same font used in FFXV

:getin:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

Do I dare to dream?

Oooooooooh snap

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Sade posted:

Uhhhhhhhh, is that a car. Please tell me where that screenshot came from because I will pay any amount of money to be able to roll up to rhalgr's reach in a rolls royce.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

They did mention a FFXV event a few weeks ago.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm sorry to tell you that all the other FF9 fans died the same way that Vivi did.

Excuse you, I'm only dead on the inside.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Thyrork posted:

I'm so glad my old general armstrong outfit is going to be perfect for BLU. :allears:

I'm gonna need to know what went into this for when SB2: SB Harder comes out and I maybe resub. Armstrongs are the best.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

:same:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Let us learn the spell from NIN70. You know. The big one.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This is the first raid tier in stormblood where I've had a static and thus the first where I've bothered with the final fight and I want to say I hate the door fight mechanic. I really really hate that you get punished for reinstancing. It's stupid and dumb and should die in the next expansion

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Schubalts posted:

I'm gonna need to know what went into this for when SB2: SB Harder comes out and I maybe resub. Armstrongs are the best.

Head: Whatever you like, I put rimless glasses there.
Chest: Alpine Coat, dyed Royal Blue.
Gloves: Songbird Gloves, undyed. There are alternatives if you missed lil ladies day.
Pants: Anemos Sarouel, dyed Royal Blue. Should be cheap as chips on the Market board.
Boots: Scion Adventurer's Boots, Dyed Charcoal Grey. Probably alternatives.

cheetah7071 posted:

This is the first raid tier in stormblood where I've had a static and thus the first where I've bothered with the final fight and I want to say I hate the door fight mechanic. I really really hate that you get punished for reinstancing. It's stupid and dumb and should die in the next expansion

I don't hate it, I wouldn't miss it. It has had some very spectacular looking transitions.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Thyrork posted:

I don't hate it, I wouldn't miss it. It has had some very spectacular looking transitions.

Literally my only complaint (though it's a big one) is that leaving and reentering the instance makes you do door again. If they fix that they can keep the transitions

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Got my AST up to 58 and I'm making my way downtown through the rest of the 3.x sidequests I skipped. I'm happy to finally clear all those ! markers off the map and scoop up the extra EXP.

cheetah7071 posted:

I suppose it would be nice if you only needed to clear the first part of the fight once per week. I still really like the concept of the bonus Savage boss, and those transitions are badass.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Literally my only complaint (though it's a big one) is that leaving and reentering the instance makes you do door again. If they fix that they can keep the transitions

Once you get used to it, the gate fight should be one shot near every time you enter and act as a warm up for the raid session. Its only bad early on when you are still learning and making lots of mistakes, just like with any other fight.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

trying to familiarize myself with fflogs. i don't savage raid, mostly just do endgame dungeon stuff, but i'm still curious how i stack up against other players to see if i'm doing things right/am good. i hear a lot about what breakpoints make dps players good but generally don't hear much about how much dps a tank should/could be doing

if i'm reading the site right, going by my run of the burn last night, i'm around 90th percentile for other DRKs

hell yea

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

trying to familiarize myself with fflogs. i don't savage raid, mostly just do endgame dungeon stuff, but i'm still curious how i stack up against other players to see if i'm doing things right/am good. i hear a lot about what breakpoints make dps players good but generally don't hear much about how much dps a tank should/could be doing

if i'm reading the site right, going by my run of the burn last night, i'm around 90th percentile for other DRKs

hell yea

Not many people use fflogs for non savage/extreme content. For reference I accidentally included a The Burn log when I was uploading raid stuff and I got 57% on MNK and it was literally the first time I had run any content on MNK since 4.0. In comparison that same week I was running O11S as MNK and would have been around 7% had we cleared.

The lowest content I would consider fflogs useful for right now is Suzaku Ex

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kaubocks posted:

hell yea

Damage numbers for dungeons and raids are different. People also really don't parse a lot of dungeon runs.

If you want a better estimate without actually going into savage/extreme stuff, check your numbers on SSS or a training dummy. Don't worry about the timer, just punch the dummy as best you can.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

in an extremely plugging my fingers in my ears voice: 90TH PERCENTILE HELL YEAH

:negative:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Failboattootoot posted:

Do I dare to dream?

Are they going to go all the way and make it a 4 person mount? Probably not but I'll just be unreasonably hype for the only good thing that could come from a FFXV collab.

(give us a built-in orchestrion too and I'll forgive you for Eureka existing)

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Choyi posted:

Once you get used to it, the gate fight should be one shot near every time you enter and act as a warm up for the raid session. Its only bad early on when you are still learning and making lots of mistakes, just like with any other fight.

While true, it is powerfully infuriating to have someone disconnect and have to redo the gate fight because they were gone too long.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
That blu log looks sick

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I love that it's just straight up the EverQuest spellbook UI

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Oh, drat, I've been so preoccupied I didn't even think to check for that info. I just watched the keynote with the Shadowbringers and Blue Mage reveal.

It's very likely just a mockup they made for the FF14 collaboration, since this is the full picture

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

homeless snail posted:

I love that it's just straight up the EverQuest spellbook UI

Hah, it totally is. I also like how each spell gets a little info blurb. Those are some of the best parts of this game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Garuda looks weird in XV. She's got an alien face or something with bug eyes.

Sounds like the ARR voice actress, though.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I appreciate that these are all plays (musical or otherwise) - a stage adaptation of To Kill A Mockingbird actually opens today - though I'm drawing a blank on Blobs in the Woods. 1988's A Walk in the Woods, perhaps?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Thyrork posted:

Head: Whatever you like, I put rimless glasses there.
Chest: Alpine Coat, dyed Royal Blue.
Gloves: Songbird Gloves, undyed. There are alternatives if you missed lil ladies day.
Pants: Anemos Sarouel, dyed Royal Blue. Should be cheap as chips on the Market board.
Boots: Scion Adventurer's Boots, Dyed Charcoal Grey. Probably alternatives.

Thanks.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Hogama posted:

I appreciate that these are all plays (musical or otherwise) - a stage adaptation of To Kill A Mockingbird actually opens today - though I'm drawing a blank on Blobs in the Woods. 1988's A Walk in the Woods, perhaps?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babes_in_the_Wood, probably.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
:downs:
Yeah, a pantomime would count for stage productions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
It seems squadron dungeons are recommended for leveling? Is that solely because of queue times, or are AI characters actually better at the game than a sufficient number of PUGs?