Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Also you can get pinned by someone way weaker than you. The leverage is against the person in the bottom position. You can learn reversals in a BJJ class or judo class or whatever but like, someone smaller and weaker than you can definitely hold you down if they get the position right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Hellblazer187 posted:

Guy with strong horsewife could just like, life weights for a few months. He would likely eclipse her strength drastically in a fairly short period of time if he really cared about how strong he was.

His thing isn't that he's strong, it's that she's supposed to be weaker than he is. That's all he wants.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

cumshitter posted:

The optimal solution here is for her to ask for help opening a pickle jar or something and then swoon over how great he is. She would have to loosen it up for him though.

No, the optimal solution is for her to leave her dork partner.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Motherfucker posted:

strong horsewife

Powerful name

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Admiral Ray posted:

His thing isn't that he's strong, it's that she's supposed to be weaker than he is. That's all he wants.

that's some precursor-to-abuse poo poo

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

FAUXTON posted:

So is every other misogynistic bullshit thing

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Hellblazer187 posted:

Also you can get pinned by someone way weaker than you. The leverage is against the person in the bottom position. You can learn reversals in a BJJ class or judo class or whatever but like, someone smaller and weaker than you can definitely hold you down if they get the position right.

the most important thing when dispensing relationship advice is to maintain mathematically rigorous levels of tactical realism

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Foo Diddley posted:

So is every other misogynistic bullshit thing

very true, but being financially dominating is a few stops up the line from "I need to know I can overpower her at any time" on the train to full blown domestic violence.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

FAUXTON posted:

It's an idealized-relationship-as-seen-for-most-of-the-20th-century thing, which is why there are so many men who adhere to it.

So yeah, some misogynistic poo poo.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Incoherence posted:

It's an idealized-relationship-as-seen-for-most-of-the-20th-century thing, which is why there are so many men who adhere to it.

So yeah, some misogynistic poo poo.

:hai:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

FAUXTON posted:

very true, but being financially dominating is a few stops up the line from "I need to know I can overpower her at any time" on the train to full blown domestic violence.

Absolutely not my dog. Financial power is everything in the United States of America and is used to dominate others way more than physical force.

I fully believe someone who beats thier wife can be rehabilitated but someone with actual power? Theyll do whatever the gently caress they want, whenever the gently caress they want.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

FAUXTON posted:

True, true

I guess I don't think much about the whole "who can overpower whom" dynamic because I'm just a little scrawny guy. I just assume that I'm the one that's gonna get overpowered and try to avoid contests of strength

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Anne Whateley posted:

This is a really weird take. She wasn't nagging at all, and she wasn't doing any kind of tit-for-tat or oneupmanship. This didn't kick off when she asked him to wash dishes or something, it started when she told her husband he was sexy. Their relationship is garbage for sure, but it appears to be flowing in one direction; she wasn't poisoning him.

lol yeah the guy you quoted inserted a lot of his own ideas into whatever’s going on. Dude freaked when his wife expressed some kind of horniness and then yelled at her for not wanting sex after he blew up on her for no reason.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Foo Diddley posted:

True, true

I guess I don't think much about the whole "who can overpower whom" dynamic because I'm just a little scrawny guy. I just assume that I'm the one that's gonna get overpowered and try to avoid contests of strength

I don't understand anyone who thinks it's not cool and good when both partners can carry equally heavy poo poo for stuff like yardwork.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Meme Emulator posted:

Absolutely not my dog. Financial power is everything in the United States of America and is used to dominate others way more than physical force.

I fully believe someone who beats thier wife can be rehabilitated but someone with actual power? Theyll do whatever the gently caress they want, whenever the gently caress they want.

Uhhhh

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Tetramin posted:

lol yeah the guy you quoted inserted a lot of his own ideas into whatever’s going on. Dude freaked when his wife expressed some kind of horniness and then yelled at her for not wanting sex after he blew up on her for no reason.

Wanna bet they never screwed while she was pregnant because of HIS child?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Sorry? What exactly is the problem here? Never met a rich piece of poo poo?

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Anne Whateley posted:

This is a really weird take. She wasn't nagging at all, and she wasn't doing any kind of tit-for-tat or oneupmanship. This didn't kick off when she asked him to wash dishes or something, it started when she told her husband he was sexy. Their relationship is garbage for sure, but it appears to be flowing in one direction; she wasn't poisoning him.

Sorry, I meant she probably left something out of her take of the story to make it appear that she's only getting his outrageous(and, no matter the take really, loving awful) behavior for no reason. I am not condoning nor defending either person when I say that there just seems like some detail is purposely omitted.

No matter the take, these two need some kind of counseling and/or sever.

Tetramin posted:

Yeah, I was just speculating about what these two were doing but it's just face value fuckery on my part. But, in the history of all arguments I've been around, no one just snaps like that without there being an underlying cause.

Cause is either his mental stability or he has an axe to grind due to something that offended him earlier. Maybe both!

Papa Emeritus III fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 1, 2019

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Hellblazer187 posted:

She's a horse lady she's used to dealing with big, dumb animals and... no, he doesn't qualify she should sever.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

FAUXTON posted:

I don't understand anyone who thinks it's not cool and good when both partners can carry equally heavy poo poo for stuff like yardwork.

I'm imagining saying "Hey, put that down, I'll carry it (because you're threatening my masculinity)" to anyone, male or female, and just laughing

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

My wife. She work plow while horse sick. So proud of wife.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

HOT BREAD! posted:

the male ego is so loving exhausting

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Hellblazer187 posted:

The real red flag is his woefully limited understanding of physics imo

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

lol but seriously I posted:

the most important thing when dispensing relationship advice is to maintain mathematically rigorous levels of tactical realism

:hai:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Sorry? What exactly is the problem here? Never met a rich piece of poo poo?

The take that people with money are worse and less redeemable than violent domestic abusers is pretty legendarily bad hth

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

The Iron Rose posted:

The take that people with money are worse and less redeemable than violent domestic abusers is pretty legendarily bad hth

Don’t be absurd, neither are redeemable

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
How much money do you have/make in order to be considered rich and therefore to be a guaranteed shithead? I believe in BFC the consensus is that $99,999.99/yr is not rich but one more penny and you get the guillotine.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

Not really. An abuser who is rich has a lot more options to gently caress up your life than one who isn’t. A non-rich abuser is still terrible obviously, but having money gives you so many more ways to be a horrible person.

Plus rich people just suck in general.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I (24F) exploded on my Grammy (75F) during Christmas Dinner in front of the entire family. My parents want me to apologize.

quote:

A little back story: My grandparents are wealthy, which I think is significant to the story because it’s the reason why they get away with treating people horribly. The rest of the family puts up with it so they don’t get cut from whatever inheritance there might be.

My Grammy has always picked favorites. She has a favorite child and grandchild. My Dad has always said that if you’re lucky enough to be one of the favorites, “the world is at your fingertips and if you’re not, you’re left out with the trash”. I was the favorite for the first 17 years of my life because I was the only granddaughter, the rest of the grandkids were all boys.

My Grammy and I were really close and we spent a lot of time together. My parents had opened their own business and they were gone most of the time. So my Grammy was kind of like a mom. She picked me up from school, took me to all my extracurricular activities, etc. We were really close.

Then my messed up uncle (who is the favorite) had twin girls when I was 17. My grandparents are like parents to them too because he and his wife are always in and out of rehab. (It’s a long story, but basically my Grammy has enabled my uncle’s drug use and gambling for 40 years, all because he’s the favorite so he just keeps getting more and more money for more drugs and gambling). So now the twins are the favorites and I’m left out in the trash with the rest of the family. Now I know how they must’ve felt this whole time.

Every time I’ve seen my Grammy for the past 6 or so years she’s incredibly cruel and very very critical, granted I don’t see her often because she’s always with the twins. I recently got engaged and she told my she didn’t like my engagement ring. At my brothers wedding, the ONLY things she said to me was that I shouldn’t be drinking fattening drinks while I was sipping on a vodka and cranberry. I try calling her and she never calls me back. We have no relationship now and it’s not from my lack of trying. Things like that.

This Christmas we were all together and she never stopped taking care of the twins to acknowledge anyone else’s presence except for when she announced that my room in her house is now for one of the twins. She also spent a long time talking about how it’s not too late for my fiancé to call off the engagement in front of the whole family and it didn’t sound like she was joking. She also told everyone that I was too fat to ski this year (as we were going the next day). Side note, I’m not even fat but for some reason she has been obsessed with my weight my entire life. She started telling me that I needed to diet when I was in elementary school and I think it’s part of the reason I have low self-esteem as an adult.

Anyways, so all of these events transpired just before dinner. At the table, she asks me in a very nasty voice “so what did you learn today?” And I just lost it. I really couldn’t hold it back, it wasn’t so much screaming as it was uncontrollable sobbing and I just got out “you’re a really rude and nasty person and this is my last Christmas with you.” And then I left and haven’t seen her since.

The thing is, is that she is an open wound inside me that I try to fill with anger about her favoritism and criticism, but deep down it’s this immense hurt and loss that comes out as tears when the anger gets brushed away.

I’m done with her. I don’t want to apologize, even though my parents are basically forcing me to. I don’t want to hear her mean comments at my wedding as she dotes on her favorite twins, but also she’s my grandmother and I still want her in my life. But I want the old Grammy. I’m not sure what I should do.

TLDR: Grammy picks favorite, which I’m not anymore. I lost it on her and embarrassed myself at Christmas dinner because I was hurt by the things she said before. My parents want me to apologize, but I’m not even sure I want her in my life anymore as I always end up upset and crying when she’s around.

Time to put Grammy in a home (the home is a grave)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

christmas boots posted:

I (24F) exploded on my Grammy (75F) during Christmas Dinner in front of the entire family. My parents want me to apologize.

:thermidor:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

cumshitter posted:

My wife. She work plow while horse sick. So proud of wife.

Oh I bet she works plow

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
In Soviet Russia, wife plows you!

leviscomte
Aug 13, 2005
Life is about having fun. And it's about the trust you place in dubya, our fearless leader.

lol but seriously I posted:

This but unironically.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

quote:

My Grammy and I were really close and we spent a lot of time together. My parents had opened their own business and they were gone most of the time. So my Grammy was kind of like a mom. She picked me up from school, took me to all my extracurricular activities, etc. We were really close.

quote:

Side note, I’m not even fat but for some reason she has been obsessed with my weight my entire life. She started telling me that I needed to diet when I was in elementary school and I think it’s part of the reason I have low self-esteem as an adult.
OP was grasping so tightly onto the "I'm the favorite" card that she didn't notice that Grammy was lovely to her even then. Why does the rest of the family put up with her poo poo?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hellblazer187 posted:

Wrong, he's just upset that she didn't start loving him while she had him pinned down. He was ready to go but she just sat there and didn't make a move, she just needs to figure out how to be a more effective dom

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

christmas boots posted:

... and that Grammy was Lucille Bluth.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Incoherence posted:

OP was grasping so tightly onto the "I'm the favorite" card that she didn't notice that Grammy was lovely to her even then. Why does the rest of the family put up with her poo poo?

she’s rich

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Is there anyway of getting your trust fund back if your parents donated all 100,000$ of it to a church because the child came out to them?
Not me but my friend recently told me that his parents had sent him a thank you letter from the church for his contribution of 100,000$ to them and that it would be going towards building a basketball court. I'm just wondering if there is any way to reappropriate it under his name only or anything?

I'm just furious at hearing that instead of loving their kid and giving him a future that they decide to throw away him and any educational support in the most horrendous way I can think.

Btw they called him on Christmas to tell him that he should move back so he can go to the churches "straight away" program (it tries to turn them straight with biblical propaganda and threats of hell etc.)

Edit: living in Canada

quote:

It's basically a cult church and its local so they know the family and the story behind it and support the parents...

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Incoherence posted:

Possibility of inheritance.

100% death tax imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Starts and ends there, friends.