Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It just looks too complicated for an ied, you don't need that much stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Crotch Fruit posted:

If it wasn't for loosing 5 seconds a day I would call this watch 80% of the quality for 20% of the cost.

If it's losing 5 seconds a day then it's a piece of poo poo

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If it's losing 5 seconds a day then it's a piece of poo poo

yeah, for a digital watch? that wouldn't even be great for something that ran off, like, a mainspring but they gotta be loving with you at this point

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
They couldn't get time right. TIME!

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
But guys, I just have to re-sync it daily! I mean, it's a piece of poo poo but at least I learned that I like the F91 style of watch. I guess I need to go buy a genuine Casio, it's just hard to convince myself to go spend $10+ on a Casio when I have a $2 beater with most of the look and function and none of the accuracy. . .

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

30mins a year 😬

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

whatevs, watches are a style item these days, you're constantly surrounded by watches on every device plus your phone etc.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i use my watch for its intended purpose because i hate pulling out my phone when i'm around a lot of people

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
More accurate than the calendar.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im going to buy a chinese carbon bike frame and road wheels. Ill see you when it explodes underneath me and they have to dig the shards out of my shins

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

i use my watch for its intended purpose because i hate pulling out my phone when i'm around a lot of people

How ironic that we've now gone back in technology for a lot of people in that regard. The whole point of the wristwatch was so people wouldn't have to pull out a pocket watch when they wanted to check the time.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Original_Z posted:

How ironic that we've now gone back in technology for a lot of people in that regard. The whole point of the wristwatch was so people wouldn't have to pull out a pocket watch when they wanted to check the time.

It's funny that wristwatches were women only devices until some big war showed them to be more practical. That's probably why most expensive mens watches are all about what bad-rear end men wear while being bad-asses rather than something less gaudy and gently caress off huge.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Same, except I use mine to check the date.

Which on closer inspection has been a day off since the end of November.

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:
Has anyone successfully ordered Nintendo Switch Joy Con controllers? I'm having a hard time searching for actual controllers amongst the millions of listings for cases and thumbstick covers.
The case/screen protector etc kit I ordered months ago is awesome value.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
I don't think AE has joy cons on sale; they do have wireless controllers that work on the Switch, and most are also sold on Amazon so you can check the reviews there.
Nintendo cracks down hard on bootleg poo poo, so searching for Nintendo yield no results, searching for Nintend does (:hurr:)

Samopsa fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jan 3, 2019

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wir...2959249408.html

They have a few, putting in "switch controller" and then upping the minimum price range on the search brings some stuff up.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

It just looks too complicated for an ied, you don't need that much stuff.

Trap sprung?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Furia posted:

Trap sprung?

Not until the convoy goes by.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I bought a bunch of motorcycle parts.

“RENTHAL made in UK” straight from China.

Eh, if it’s good it’s cheap, if it’s crap it’ll let me make sure the legit product will fit.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

there's a lot higher chance that they're dimensionally off than that they're crap in some other way.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

These Robotime Things look absolutely adorable and I think I might get one for funsies.

Edit: One of these things is not like the other one

Sex Robot fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 3, 2019

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sex Robot posted:

These Robotime Things look absolutely adorable and I think I might get one for funsies.

I built the marble run and its very nice

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

they're all green frogs I don't see what the problem is :downs:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Sex Robot posted:

I'd like to try the clock kit, but $$$ and it's just more junk that I don't need in my life.

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt
Does anyone know what the secret aliexpress words are for throwing stars?

I can find throwing knives fine, but trying to find stars either brings up knockoff Naruto merchandise or meat grinder blades. I'm trying to find metal ones that won't immediately break when I throw it at the dead tree in my yard.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

More accurate than the calendar.

This is very funny to me. Thank you.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

That Dang Lizard posted:

Does anyone know what the secret aliexpress words are for throwing stars?

I can find throwing knives fine, but trying to find stars either brings up knockoff Naruto merchandise or meat grinder blades. I'm trying to find metal ones that won't immediately break when I throw it at the dead tree in my yard.

where do you live that it would be legal for you to import those from china

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

tbh throwing meat grinder blades is way cooler

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I bought a bunch of dragonball stickers and some pins

also some Supernatural related crap

That Dang Lizard
Jul 13, 2016

what; an idiomt

Miss posted:

where do you live that it would be legal for you to import those from china

South Australia. I didn't think about customs since I've bought a few knives from Aliexpress and Wish before and never had issues, it looks troublesome but you can get a permit. That seems like a lot more time and effort than it's worth though, It's not hard to cut some stars out of old CDs even if they explode after a few uses.

I just received a couple of fiberoptic media converters I bought based on a recommendation over in the ham radio thread (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SFP...2910152562.html) but I haven't tested them yet.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

the fun of aliexpress

I ordered 3 of these cables, all from the same seller.

none of them match, all 3 of them are wired differently. One of them only has 1 audio plug actually wired up.

lol.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Seems like making fake those is only slightly less work than making them properly?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Charles Bukowski posted:

Seems like making fake those is only slightly less work than making them properly?

They were probably seconds and not selling them is just throwing money away!

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

the fun of aliexpress

I ordered 3 of these cables, all from the same seller.

none of them match, all 3 of them are wired differently. One of them only has 1 audio plug actually wired up.

lol.

The trick is to painstakingly take all the working bits and combine them into one working one, film it and recoup your losses through viral youtube income.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

They were probably seconds and not selling them is just throwing money away!

thirds

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

you can really save money if you leave out the copper parts of the wire

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
OK I think I am about ready to completely give up on Ali watches. I ordered a $10 fitness watch and I plugged it into an Asus brand USB wall charger, it appeared to work well, I scrolled through a few screens looking at it, but the battery was extremely low. So I moved it to a different outlet, plugged it back in and noticed the screen wasn't coming on, likely since the battery was probably totally dead now. After about 10 minutes on the new outlet, I started to notice a feint buzzing sound which I thought might be from my nearby PC until I realized the buzzing stopped when I unplugged the watch. The watch is extremely hot right now, I can touch it but it stings, and the charging brick is also quite warm too. WTF Ali? I hate to think what could have happened if I had left this thing unattended. I guess I will maybe give it another try after it cools off before filing a dispute for trying to set my house on fire.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You get what you pay for

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
The watch cooled off, I tried again, it's still 100% dead. Should I even bother contacting the seller or just go straight to a dispute requesting a full refund since I don't want to pay to mail this thing back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Crotch Fruit posted:

The watch cooled off, I tried again, it's still 100% dead. Should I even bother contacting the seller or just go straight to a dispute requesting a full refund since I don't want to pay to mail this thing back?

DO NOT CONTINUE TO USE OR OWN THAT HOUSEFIREWAITINGTOHAPPEN

Seriously.