Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Why is my boyfriend [32M] doing this to me [25F]?

quote:

So my boyfriend is currently in the Phillipines for a holiday and he's been going to clubs and drinking every night. He tells me about how he's been asking girls to dance at clubs, and how he plays connect 4 with bar girls, how plenty of girls just stare at him, how he talks to hookers, and then sends me photos of him at strip clubs. He also sent a picture of a go-go dancer dancing next to him saying "I want you to dance like this for me".

He then gets completely wasted, and calls me and messages me multiple times telling me he wants to marry me about 50 times.

What's his deal? What is he trying to do?

Extra info: HE's been cheated on in his past two long term relationships, so surely, he should know how to act?

tl;dr : boyfriend acting weird, what's his deal?

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
o poo poo! incoming plot twist!

update to: Husband and I are having our longest fight ever and I don't know what to do

quote:

link to original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/abayxw/husband_and_i_are_having_our_longest_fight_ever/

Soon after I made the post, my husband called me. He was babbling and I couldn't understand him, so I kept asking him to slow down. Then he started screaming (not yelling, literally just screaming). I freaked out because I thought he was being murdered or something. I tracked his phone to a park in town and called 911.

Turns out he had a complete mental breakdown. He's in the process of being diagnosed with a mental illness that usually shows up in people's 20s but for some reason manifested later in him. He's currently in an inpatient mental health program and already doing a lot better.

Thank you all again for the responses and advice on my original post.

I don't think anyone called schizophrenia on this one.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

OMGVBFLOL posted:

there are lots of teachers in my family and i can confirm this is normal. if you don’t want an outspoken & confrontational partner, don’t date a teacher.

Alternatively, they can be insanely passive-aggressive instead.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

sticksy posted:

Alternatively, they can be insanely passive-aggressive instead.

Grew up with both parents and an aunt that were teachers, and let me just say they can be both outspoken and passive aggressive!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Straight White Shark posted:

update to: Husband and I are having our longest fight ever and I don't know what to do

I bet he's been edgy as poo poo for like a year now and she's just never noticed because he's always had anxiety issues.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Today on petty bullshit:

My [28/M] girlfriend [26/F] of 5 years thinks I don't know how to share food / marginalizes my choices

quote:

My [28/M] girlfriend [26/F] of 5 years thinks I don't know how to share food / marginalizes my choices

I am going to attempt to state only the facts so that it offers the closest truth from both sides and doesn't try to favor one side or the other I will also be showing her this post after a few days so we can go over this together This may sound really silly trust me I know how ridiculous this sounds, but it’s just something we would like an outside opinion on. Any help would be appreciated

Problem:

* My girlfriend and I have different taste palettes. The food choices / combinations I would pick out she finds completely unappealing and the ones she picks out I would rather choose other things but I'm okay with compromising!

* When eating at places where we can order separately this works great!

Hypothetical Situation 1: McDonalds - I'll order a Big Mac and Onion rings with Coke

* She will order a Chicken Burger and fries with Sprite
* Perfect! No conflicts because there was no need to compromise

Hypothetical Situation 2: Sit-down Chinese Restaurant - I will say get Stir fried chicken which comes with a side of Rice

* Now, here she can order her own entree with her side of 'carbs'

* She isn't okay with this. She would rather get an entree of noodles, which counts as 'carbs' and then also get her own entree with meat. She can't stand my choice of an entree. So we end up getting 3 entrees which not only jacks up our meals costs but it ends up being wasteful.

* It also shows that we can't compromise. It marginalizes my choice and treats it as if it weren’t there.

* Ideally, if she was eating with someone with a similar food preference as her it would work great. They would both split the carb choice and entree. Two meals, same price, everyone is happy.

Hypothetical Situation 3: Fried Chicken Fast-Food joint - We ordered a bucket of fried chicken to share, yay!

* We decide lets get two sides, awesome, lets both pick one

* She chose mac & cheese, I chose coleslaw.

* She absolutely cant stand coleslaw and outright says that’s "not what I would have chosen", and goes ahead to order what her two choices would be, and then one of mine

* While the extra side isn't a big deal, the fact that my choice is completely put down, and her 'two choices' indicate that she has to have it her way.

This may sound incredibly petty and we are normally able to compromise well, we even laugh about it but it does get frustrating a lot of times! I think it has more to do with the underlying inconsideration rather than the actual advice.

Please let me know your thoughts, we will be going over this later

Cheers!

TLDR; Girlfriend thinks I don't know how to share food. We end up getting three entrees at most places. Her choice, my choice, and what I 'should have' gotten

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Who orders Mac and cheese from a fried chicken place*

*this is the hill I have chosen

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

christmas boots posted:

OP's :btroll: girlfriend.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

christmas boots posted:

Mac n cheese is the superior carb side from fried chicken joints over lovely potato wedges if red beans and rice isn't an option :colbert:

But that lady is nuts regardless.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Why the hell would you ever need a carb side for fried chicken, a meat already wrapped in carbs?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

Why the hell would you ever need a carb side for fried chicken, a meat already wrapped in carbs?

:911:

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
How is having leftover food wasteful? Take it home and reheat it later. Just because you can't finish it in one sitting doesn't mean you need to throw it out.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Admiral Ray posted:

Well what the hell else kind of side do you want, vegetables? Like some kind of gay/European?

Corn is your vegetable side option. If you are lucky a fruit side option of apples baked in brown sugar and cinnamon may be an option as well. :downs:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

*in extremely nasal voice*

no more carbs pleeeeaassseee

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
What no mashed potatoes?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

jobson groeth posted:

How is having leftover food wasteful? Take it home and reheat it later. Just because you can't finish it in one sitting doesn't mean you need to throw it out.
That's always been my impression of what large restaurant servings are for, anyway. A meal now and a meal later.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Fried chicken is a complete meal that already includes vegetables, carbs, and protein incorporated into its complex matrix of herbs, spices, and chicken derived structures. There are literally thousands of studies showing humans can not only survive but thrive on a diet consisting solely of 2.55 lbs of fried chicken consumed twice a day. These studies also showed that adding any sides reduced and sometimes reversed the beneficial effects of fried chicken. They also note that, surprisingly, drinking vodka -- which doesn't have fluoride -- as the sole means of hydration increased positive outcomes by a factor of 3.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

And her first instinct was to call the cops to murder him. smdh

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

Today on petty bullshit:

stop eating so much fast food you fat slobs

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

My (24F) friend (24F) has been living at my parents’ house the last three Christmas and summer vacations and has started becoming real toxic to us.

quote:

her father was screaming “you are a terrible human being with no social skills, no wonder your friends are dropping you, you will never have any friends and I don’t want you around here. Get out of the house”. 

I mean, your already have the spell for getting rid of her, use it!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh poo poo, found a real winner:

My (F20) boyfriend (M 21) gets extremely angry when helping me at the gym/working out. Is this normal?

quote:

I look like a "loving monster" as efforts to push me harder. He said he feels repulsed to have sex with me and if I don't finish this set, he'll cheat.

He's just repeating what his trainers told him when he was a kid.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [26m] girlfriend [26f] expects me to ask her parents for permission to propose, and it's causing problems.

Good job patronizing your girlfriend, retard.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

GORDON posted:

I feel like with crazy stories like this, instead of listing the age, "I [37M]..." they should list how much they weigh. It seems like better context, for when it seems like someone feels like "this hosed up situation may be the best I can do."

"I, [445pound M], am getting walked on by my wife [135pound F]. Should I let her keep having sex with other guys in our bed, or should I send her a text about it?" It seems like that meta-info is more useful than the ages.

With these I always hope there’s going to be some tell like “I cried into my cereal and soy milk” that will give away the fact that they’re beta male fanfiction written by sad incels. Because without that I have to believe that there is a person who is this much of a doormat out there and god drat.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Admiral Ray posted:

Fried chicken is a complete meal that already includes vegetables, carbs, and protein incorporated into its complex matrix of herbs, spices, and chicken derived structures. There are literally thousands of studies showing humans can not only survive but thrive on a diet consisting solely of 2.55 lbs of fried chicken consumed twice a day. These studies also showed that adding any sides reduced and sometimes reversed the beneficial effects of fried chicken. They also note that, surprisingly, drinking vodka -- which doesn't have fluoride -- as the sole means of hydration increased positive outcomes by a factor of 3.
Yeah that's the stuff.

Oh and green beans as a side and girlfriend does need to chill with the "Your food choice sucks I would never choose that I'm getting something else" every time he picks something. He's picking his side, she's picking her side, then she's picking extra sides just because.

Or :sever:

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 3, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As a young person id watch movies/shows full of extremely pathetic people and wonder who the hell came up with this stuff it seemed so unreal and then as an adult you hear and read peoples stories and realize the media has been giving you the watered down stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is the live action version of this thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878435

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

My boyfriend [30m] thought the conversation I [22f] was having with my friends [20s women] was mean and catty.

Guess what mean-spirited gossip is being passed around that a 30y/o who hooks up with college chicks thinks should be off limits!

Uh yeah, they're criticizing sexual abusers and other gross dudes they've been with to warn off their friend, not complaining about cock size or how they never orgasm with a particular partner. They're really good people who are trying to fight back against awful dudes their age and save another person. Her boyfriend is being an idiot and probably thinks it's okay to defend rapists because they aren't "bad guys".

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GORDON posted:

I feel like with crazy stories like this, instead of listing the age, "I [37M]..." they should list how much they weigh. It seems like better context, for when it seems like someone feels like "this hosed up situation may be the best I can do."

"I, [445pound M], am getting walked on by my wife [135pound F]. Should I let her keep having sex with other guys in our bed, or should I send her a text about it?" It seems like that meta-info is more useful than the ages.

This is 100% a cuckold fantasy.

FAUXTON posted:

I bet he's been edgy as poo poo for like a year now and she's just never noticed because he's always had anxiety issues.

My fiance's friend from high school had a psychotic break almost a year ago. Despite his wife knowing for a fact his paranoid delusions about all of us are 100% not true due to having been there herself, she still insists he's getting better and it's all fine. Even though we're all at the point we're probably going to need to go to the police next time he contacts us. Especially my friend he's fixated on in a disgusting way. That the wife, once again, is fully aware of. Denial can be very powerful. Especially since she already had very bad anxiety, and lost her job around the time he started showing clearly delusional thinking.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

quote:

My gf is a high school teacher and she works in one of the most challenging schools in the city, it was her own choice (she had many offers but she wants to make a change). To describe her, on the first day that she came there some of the most challenging kids have behaved themselves. I don’t know how she did it but I admire her for it.

When I read “on the first day even the bad kids behaved themselves” it makes me think she’s awful to those children when no one else is watching and just has them terrified of her.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

FAUXTON posted:

It's like when you see someone in the US spell it "marihuana,"

Is there a thing here? I don't do drugs, but I thought that the spelling was interchangeable.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pirate Radar posted:

When I read “on the first day even the bad kids behaved themselves” it makes me think she’s awful to those children when no one else is watching and just has them terrified of her.

My wife is in a similar situation and the adage is "Be a witch until Halloween and you can be nice there rest of the year." At my wife's school it is really more like "Be a witch all year round and your students might be able to learn something. But also be kind to them."

Typically when you talk about "the bad school" you are talking about a place where a lot of kids come from rough situations at home with absent or screwed up parents, in a school environment that is chaotic and sometimes outright dangerous for them. They need really firm boundaries and total consistency, but also a safe emotional space in the classroom.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

blugu64 posted:

Is there a thing here? I don't do drugs, but I thought that the spelling was interchangeable.

No one under the age of 65 has spelled it “marihuana” without at least some level of irony

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Mezzanon posted:

stop eating so much fast food you fat slobs

People of low intelligence marginalize everything. That's how they think they 'win' arguments.

Women and men are guilty of this.

The best way to win the 'game' when you feel like you've been screwed is to pick up your ball and go home. Why won't these guys/gals take the loss and move on with their lives?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

therobit posted:

My wife is in a similar situation and the adage is "Be a witch until Halloween and you can be nice there rest of the year." At my wife's school it is really more like "Be a witch all year round and your students might be able to learn something. But also be kind to them."

Typically when you talk about "the bad school" you are talking about a place where a lot of kids come from rough situations at home with absent or screwed up parents, in a school environment that is chaotic and sometimes outright dangerous for them. They need really firm boundaries and total consistency, but also a safe emotional space in the classroom.
Coolio came into my head when reading this post.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

blugu64 posted:

It's not, it's just something morons do because they have trouble understanding how "j" is pronounced in Spanish

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Leon Einstein posted:

Coolio came into my head when reading this post.

No jokes at the beginning of her first year there I was like "Don't worry and please try and keep perspective about how much you can actually do. Your school isn't the one out of Dangerous Minds."

5 months in I was like "So about than Dangerous Minds joke... I'm sorry and it actually is the school from dangerous minds."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

blugu64 posted:

It's more a "old geezer uses archaic term amidst a highly problematic tirade" thing.

Like imagine the kind of person who says "coloreds" and isn't being wheeled in for some flavor narrattion in a Ken Burns joint.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

blugu64 posted:

You should do drugs.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Ok look I'm not that old alright. Thanks guys :)

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Pirate Radar posted:

No one under the age of 65 has spelled it “marihuana” without at least some level of irony

checks out, the only person I've seen spell it with the H and zero hint of irony was the Boomer judge that noted it on my name change petition

I like saying marihhhhhuana though in an especially Spanish way

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Let's just say that the pastor who wrote Reefer Madness pronounced it "MariHUUana" very distinctly and I hear him saying that in my head every time someone spells it with an H.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TheKennedys posted:

checks out, the only person I've seen spell it with the H and zero hint of irony was the Boomer judge that noted it on my name change petition

I like saying marihhhhhuana though in an especially Spanish way

So Weedlord Bonerhitler was taken so you had to take Marijuanaduke Erectionstalin?