Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

OhsH posted:

ban me if lance stroll doesnt out perform kubica

lmao jesus christ rip your account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Godspeed, you hot silver fox

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
yeah fuckin force india is going to lose to a fuckin one armed williams loving ok my dude

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I want to get in on the bold predictions/:toxx:s but can we do it properly where instead of outright bans iospace gets to chose a toxx clause?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Sigh. Okay, let me get in on the fun.

:toxx: I'll take a probe of whatever duration Iospace decides to hand down if Kimi podiums in a loving Sauber.

I'll take the flipside of that.
Kimi will podium in 2019 (formula1). Bet you an avatar.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Sweet app.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
If Kimi reaches the podium I will eat a completo while running on a treadmill. :toxx:
I request an 11 year probation if Lance Stroll ever wins a race. :toxx:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

Sweet app.

I was going to google Akina speed stars but then my better judgement took hold and I realized this probably is anime someone please confirm.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That actually seems like something the Italians would do. They need to apply drastic punishments because of unforgivable failures, but they know they can't hire anyone better. So they just go through the motions of axing someone and publicly denouncing them and then hire them back the next day. Big press releases about how it's a new dawn for the venerable company and we will march into the future under a proud new banner etc. etc.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That actually seems like something the Italians would do. They need to apply drastic punishments because of unforgivable failures, but they know they can't hire anyone better. So they just go through the motions of axing someone and publicly denouncing them and then hire them back the next day. Big press releases about how it's a new dawn for the venerable company and we will march into the future under a proud new banner etc. etc.

Genoa president and toy industry mogul Enrico Preziosi.

• 17 Feb 2017: Tells haters to lay off coach Ivan Juric. “These fans insult us all. I believe in Juric, we have a rapport built on affection. He’s a great guy.”

• 19 Feb 2017: Sacks him, hires Andrea Mandorlini: “We couldn’t go on like that. I should have done this sooner.”

• 10 Apr 2017: Sacks Mandorlini, rehires Juric.

• 6 Nov 2017: Sacks Juric, hires former manager Davide Ballardini for a third spell: “I had to sack Juric. We couldn’t go on like that.”

• 8 Oct 2018: Sacks Ballardini, rehires Juric. “Ballardini’s terrible. He makes a terrible team, he can’t do anything. We couldn’t go on like that.”

Preziosi’s message to the doubters: “Fans can say what they want. I don’t need their approval when I make my decisions. I’ve been in football 30 years and, believe me, I’m not crazy.”

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Genoa president and toy industry mogul Enrico Preziosi.

• 17 Feb 2017: Tells haters to lay off coach Ivan Juric. “These fans insult us all. I believe in Juric, we have a rapport built on affection. He’s a great guy.”

• 19 Feb 2017: Sacks him, hires Andrea Mandorlini: “We couldn’t go on like that. I should have done this sooner.”

• 10 Apr 2017: Sacks Mandorlini, rehires Juric.

• 6 Nov 2017: Sacks Juric, hires former manager Davide Ballardini for a third spell: “I had to sack Juric. We couldn’t go on like that.”

• 8 Oct 2018: Sacks Ballardini, rehires Juric. “Ballardini’s terrible. He makes a terrible team, he can’t do anything. We couldn’t go on like that.”

Preziosi’s message to the doubters: “Fans can say what they want. I don’t need their approval when I make my decisions. I’ve been in football 30 years and, believe me, I’m not crazy.”

Preziosi is a wannabe Zamparini, who hired the same manager three times in a calendar year.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

1500quidpoocati posted:

I was going to google Akina speed stars but then my better judgement took hold and I realized this probably is anime someone please confirm.

extremely anime

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Preziosi is a wannabe Zamparini, who hired the same manager three times in a calendar year.

I can’t keep the names straight they all sound the same

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

1500quidpoocati posted:

It’s guys racing early 90ties Japanese cars in the sticks. And talking endlessly about every minute detail of engine parts. Its what’s playing on your monitor when it’s off.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

I can’t keep the names straight they all sound the same

Nice racism.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Cant be racist against white people and italians are white

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

OhsH posted:

I mean, obviously.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Brainwrong posted:

Seriously though. They are like a trigger-happy premiership football team; any whiff of failure and everyone apart from the cleaning staff is out of the door.

Dunno, they are prone to that too
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/oct/31/latin-american-cleaners-protest-noisily-outside-ferrari-showroom

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muy irrespetuosos con ferrari

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

muy irrespetuosos con ferrari

Stop talking poo poo

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

OhsH posted:

Said no Roman to a Sicilian

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

geonetix posted:

With this recent honda news, iospace take note, i'll have a 3 month probe if RBR ends up in the top 3, and a month anytime max wins a race

Nybble posted:

Since I'm a F1 Thread newbie, I figure I better fit in and put in my own toxx for the upcoming season.

:toxx: Leclerc will finish with more WDC points than Vettel in 2019.

OhsH posted:

ban me if lance stroll doesnt out perform kubica

Probate me for a week for every race Lewis Hamilton (🙌🏽) doesn’t win, and ban me if anyone else wins the WDC in 2019.

Norns posted:

Just ban me if anyone but Merc wins the WDC I guess. gently caress it.

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Sigh. Okay, let me get in on the fun.

:toxx: I'll take a probe of whatever duration Iospace decides to hand down if Kimi podiums in a loving Sauber.

All noted (from page 48).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

I want to get in on the bold predictions/:toxx:s but can we do it properly where instead of outright bans iospace gets to chose a toxx clause?

I'm fond of charity donations, for what it's worth, but silly stuff is appreciated all the same.

Frond posted:

If Kimi reaches the podium I will eat a completo while running on a treadmill. :toxx:
I request an 11 year probation if Lance Stroll ever wins a race. :toxx:

I think you have the 11 year from last year, but completos for all!

ilmucche posted:

I'll take the flipside of that.
Kimi will podium in 2019 (formula1). Bet you an avatar.

DRJ gets to pick the avatar here, if she agrees.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

iospace posted:

:getin:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

iospace posted:

Sure. Winner gets a nice avatar from the loser.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Red Bull believes it will be able to celebrate a Formula 1 engine 'party mode' for the first time thanks to its new-for-2019 partner Honda.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-bull-honda-party-mode-first-time/4320655/

You heard it here first. Also lance stroll more like stance loll

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

This picture rules! Mika was/is the best!

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
they are skiing but still breathing

mika won after all

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

geonetix posted:

With this recent honda news, iospace take note, i'll have a 3 month probe if RBR ends up in the top 3, and a month anytime max wins a race
Enjoy not posting for a season lmao

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wait, is that like an official document from Ferrari? It looks more like a screenshot from an early 90s F1 game on the Amiga.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
party modes put extreme pressure on the engines right? hopefully honda reliability isnt loving trash like mclaren honda

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Dubs posted:

they are skiing but still breathing

mika won after all

drat it, I was thinking of a way to make that joke earlier but couldn't think of one.

Also: Arrivabene - Departabene

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

freeranger posted:

drat it, I was thinking of a way to make that joke earlier but couldn't think of one.

Also: Arrivabene - Departabene

Arrivabene-Arrivaderci, you buffoon

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pascal Wehrlein will be the new development driver for Ferrari

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Pascal Wehrlein will be the new development driver for Ferrari

I guess they haven't learned anything from their current German driver

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Wehrlein deserves another chance in F1 imo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gmaz posted:

Wehrlein deserves another chance in F1 imo.

Unironically yes. He wasn’t bad at all. Instead you have absolute shithouses like Lance Stroll kicking out Esteban who could take the fight to Perez. Lmao Sergio is going to absolutely crush him

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wehrlein is a very methodical and intelligent driver, with some good wheel-to-wheel race craft. It would be interesting to see what he can do with a decent F1 car. I think he'd might give guys like Hulkenberg, Grosjean or Bottas a run for their money, with a really good (top four teams) car I think his clean and strategic way of driving might even net him a podium.

He burned some bridges with Mercedes last year, and getting pitted against drivers like Da Costa in Formula E (which I also rank rather highly) puts a lot of stress on him if he ever wants to get back to F1.

I'm looking forward to see what he does this weekend in FE.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wehrlein sucks poo poo (I am not Wehrlein)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

tuo posted:

I'm looking forward to see what he does this weekend in FE.

I get the impression that FE is not taken that seriously and that if you're in it, then you're sort of stuck there and that's your peak. I like FE, but even if you have success like JEV, where else are you going to go?