Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
His mom was afraid there would be drugs in the suitcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Zero One posted:

Was his gf and her family perhaps of a different ethnicity?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

therobit posted:

If you put the milk in first, you should probably be sent to a reeducation camp anyway, so I feel like any means short of that is a really gentle approach.

Yeah, that wasn't really the best example because putting the milk in first is actually pretty hosed up. I probably wouldn't break up with someone over it though.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Xenocides posted:

Almost certainly and here's the tipoff

quote:

They told me they would be like that with anyone.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Boyfriends dad asked me a question that made me uncomfortable.

So me(24f) and my bf(25m) are living at my grandparents house and renting from them. Been together almost 3 years.

We usually do laundry at his parents house who I get along with really well. They know I don’t have the best relationship with my parents, and that my upbringing was abusive. So I commonly vent and joke to them about it. Never have they made me feel weird about it.

Tonight I was at their house by myself(doing laundry)with his dad (bf at work) and his dad sat down. He asked me ‘what type of damage do you think not having a steady father had on you?’ It kind of took me by surprise, and I didn’t really know how to answer it. I told him I don’t think it really affected me that much, because I understood it and separated myself from the issue. But he kept pressing that I had to ‘have some type of longterm damage that prevented me from having healthy adult relationships.’ My face was beet red and I felt so on the spot.

I’d like to think my upbringing hasn’t affected me too much, I’ve also gone to therapy a few times to deal with pent up emotions and have worked through them. However, I always have a small fear that people (especially significant others parents) will judge me based on that. If anything my past has made me more passionate to have healthy relationships in my life.

Anyways it made me really uneasy, I think it was maybe his tone about it. We got quiet after that and I explained that I think I’ve been able to objectively look at mistakes my parents made and learn from them. My bf stopped by on his lunch- and before leaving his dad told him to ‘call him before work because he needed to speak with him in private about an issue.’

I’m still at his families house and I’m really uneasy that it was about me. Maybe it’s because I’ve always got mild vibes that his dad judged me on some level? He’s a little less emotional/expressive in general. It just seemed weird.

What would you take from it?

TLDR: bfs dad thinks my abusive upbringing has to impact my relationship with his son. How would you take that?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [19m] little cousin [7f] follows me everywhere when she's at my place only to silently stare at me. It makes a little uncomfortable. What does it mean?

My mom is currently working overseas for a few more months so I am alone at home and frequently go to my grandmother and grandfather's home two blocks away.

They receive visits from my aunts and uncles frequently and I generally stay till they leave and then go home. Not everyday, once or twice a week.

Anyway one of my aunt's brings her granddaughter, my cousin's daughter. He lives in another country. I don't know any specifics of how things happened but the mom doesn't seem present and they seem to be raising her.

When she's around she always follows me no matter what I'm doing. Cleaning, making coffee, tea, moving things around, etc. She follows me around in total silence but doesn't really interact with me. If I stare at her she just stares right back indefinitely.

If I take out the trash and come back inside to do whatever, she goes outside and then inside with me. Yesterday night I made coffee for everyone and then tried to fix grandma's old radio and she just sat in the room the whole time until they left. She doesn't really say anything and barely replies to anything I say.

It's kind of awkward. Does it mean anything? Should do something in particular when she's around? Why would she follow me around?

tl;dr: Little cousin follows me silently when she visits but doesn't interact and just stares at me indefinitely. Why is she doing this? Does it mean anything? Is there something I should do with/for her?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

She's insatiable and I'm an rear end in a top hat? 31 M

TLDR: especially when she's drunk the girl I'm seeing has insurmountable expectations

I'm seeing a girl that I get along great with, we talk out our issues, we argue but don't yell and try to see each other's point of view. Lately she's been increasingly pushy and frankly unreasonable in my opinion about sex. I make her orgasm because it's important to me that she's satisfied in that way but recently she's been acting like multiple orgasms isn't enough for her. We have sex for 30 ish minutes usually and lately it's been pushing longer and longer closer to an hour and this is too long for me. It feels more like a chore than it does fun sex. A few days ago she dropped that she needs more foreplay and I have to disagree. I spend at least 10 minutes alone getting her going and occasionally she even has an orgasm before penetration. I just don't get it and I feel like she's being unreasonable. Am i? I love sex with her but not if it has to be 6 orgasms foreplay and 6 penetration. It's too much. Am I the rear end in a top hat for being offended and saying as much? Am I in the wrong?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So me(24f) and my bf(25m) are living at my grandparents house and renting from them. Been together almost 3 years.

We usually do laundry at his parents house who I get along with really well. They know I don’t have the best relationship with my parents, and that my upbringing was abusive. So I commonly vent and joke to them about it. Never have they made me feel weird about it.

Tonight I was at their house by myself(doing laundry)with his dad (bf at work) and his dad sat down. He asked me ‘what type of damage do you think not having a steady father had on you?’ It kind of took me by surprise, and I didn’t really know how to answer it. I told him I don’t think it really affected me that much, because I understood it and separated myself from the issue. But he kept pressing that I had to ‘have some type of longterm damage that prevented me from having healthy adult relationships.’ My face was beet red and I felt so on the spot.

I’d like to think my upbringing hasn’t affected me too much, I’ve also gone to therapy a few times to deal with pent up emotions and have worked through them. However, I always have a small fear that people (especially significant others parents) will judge me based on that. If anything my past has made me more passionate to have healthy relationships in my life.

Anyways it made me really uneasy, I think it was maybe his tone about it. We got quiet after that and I explained that I think I’ve been able to objectively look at mistakes my parents made and learn from them. My bf stopped by on his lunch- and before leaving his dad told him to ‘call him before work because he needed to speak with him in private about an issue.’

I’m still at his families house and I’m really uneasy that it was about me. Maybe it’s because I’ve always got mild vibes that his dad judged me on some level? He’s a little less emotional/expressive in general. It just seemed weird.

What would you take from it?

TLDR: bfs dad thinks my abusive upbringing has to impact my relationship with his son. How would you take that?

In-Laws are like HR, even if they're cool it's not you they're looking out for.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [19m] little cousin [7f] follows me everywhere when she's at my place only to silently stare at me. It makes a little uncomfortable. What does it mean?

My mom is currently working overseas for a few more months so I am alone at home and frequently go to my grandmother and grandfather's home two blocks away.

They receive visits from my aunts and uncles frequently and I generally stay till they leave and then go home. Not everyday, once or twice a week.

Anyway one of my aunt's brings her granddaughter, my cousin's daughter. He lives in another country. I don't know any specifics of how things happened but the mom doesn't seem present and they seem to be raising her.

When she's around she always follows me no matter what I'm doing. Cleaning, making coffee, tea, moving things around, etc. She follows me around in total silence but doesn't really interact with me. If I stare at her she just stares right back indefinitely.

If I take out the trash and come back inside to do whatever, she goes outside and then inside with me. Yesterday night I made coffee for everyone and then tried to fix grandma's old radio and she just sat in the room the whole time until they left. She doesn't really say anything and barely replies to anything I say.

It's kind of awkward. Does it mean anything? Should do something in particular when she's around? Why would she follow me around?

tl;dr: Little cousin follows me silently when she visits but doesn't interact and just stares at me indefinitely. Why is she doing this? Does it mean anything? Is there something I should do with/for her?

This one creeps me out a bit. What the gently caress kinda answer does this guy expect?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

gently caress this goddamn rear end in a top hat and lol that staying in a (likely miserable and hate-filled) marriage is the solitary thing he can lord over any other human being

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Grem posted:

This one creeps me out a bit. What the gently caress kinda answer does this guy expect?

I feel like he's coming from a good place at least. He's just confused about her strange behavior and wants to know how to better interact with her. I know children are prone to infinite curiosity about close people around them but her inability to speak or react to him would trouble me a lot too.

My younger sister had some developmental disabilities when she was young and would do something similar with me, especially if I had friends over. She would always be in the same room as us and just kinda stare. It weirded me out but if I would call her out or tell her to go away she would instantly get angry and resort to trying to scratch/bite me. My parents didn't really do anything to correct her behavior and instead would tell me to include her in whatever we were doing. If I refused she would start crying but if I tried to get her to join she would get angry and defensive or run away.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grem posted:

The reddit comments are actually pretty thoughtful and helpful; she's likely bored and he's the closest to her age around, and also shy and has poor social skills, especially if she's apparently being raised by her grandparents with neither of her parents showing much interest in her.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

QuarkJets posted:

dude why do you think the positions have names like Downward Dog and Cobra? Yoga's all about fuckin'

Yup. Sexual yoga is not by any stretch of the imagination "new".

Oh, and I'll just leave this right here.

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Sexual-Ecstasy-Sexuality-Paperback/dp/B002VWXC7I/

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Clark Nova posted:

gently caress this goddamn rear end in a top hat and lol that staying in a (likely miserable and hate-filled) marriage is the solitary thing he can lord over any other human being

Maybe I have just come to expect the worst but I sort of got the feeling BF's dad was trying to creep on her. She specified her BF was at work and she was alone with him, and the urgent "call me before you leave work" message to try to get ahead of the dime she was going to drop on him re: scouting her sexual availability via possible daddy issues...or am I grasping at straws here?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

She's insatiable and I'm an rear end in a top hat? 31 M

TLDR: especially when she's drunk the girl I'm seeing has insurmountable expectations

I'm seeing a girl that I get along great with, we talk out our issues, we argue but don't yell and try to see each other's point of view. Lately she's been increasingly pushy and frankly unreasonable in my opinion about sex. I make her orgasm because it's important to me that she's satisfied in that way but recently she's been acting like multiple orgasms isn't enough for her. We have sex for 30 ish minutes usually and lately it's been pushing longer and longer closer to an hour and this is too long for me. It feels more like a chore than it does fun sex. A few days ago she dropped that she needs more foreplay and I have to disagree. I spend at least 10 minutes alone getting her going and occasionally she even has an orgasm before penetration. I just don't get it and I feel like she's being unreasonable. Am i? I love sex with her but not if it has to be 6 orgasms foreplay and 6 penetration. It's too much. Am I the rear end in a top hat for being offended and saying as much? Am I in the wrong?

My girlfriend wants me to have sex with her too much. Reddit, am I in the wrong?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Nonvalueadded User posted:

Maybe I have just come to expect the worst but I sort of got the feeling BF's dad was trying to creep on her. She specified her BF was at work and she was alone with him, and the urgent "call me before you leave work" message to try to get ahead of the dime she was going to drop on him re: scouting her sexual availability via possible daddy issues...or am I grasping at straws here?

You should never underestimate creepy men.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Zero One posted:

Even if there was, they're his drugs now. Suck it

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

CheesyDog posted:

Mushroom trip gave me confusing insight into my sexuality – How do I understand this? (self.sex)

submitted 16 hours ago by Pacman_Curbstomp

I know mushroom trip guy’s post was really long and boring but I didn’t see anyone quote this bit and I feel it deserves to be seen.

quote:

Another thing I felt in that time was a connection to other people in my life that also exhibited sexual energy the same way I did, including most of my exes and my dad

Edit: drat, hadn’t fully caught up, other people did quote it. But you know what. It stays.

Anomalous Blowout fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 13, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Should I (26F) be friends with people if I don't enjoy their lifestyle? What if my husband (28M) likes it?

Basically my friend since childhood has been inviting me over to her house for parties every now and then. We have always gotten along well and liked the same things, and I enjoy her company, so I went to one. We have kids similarly aged and our husbands get along too.

The parties are... trashy. I want to be kinder or more sensitive because I love my friend, but there isnt a better word. They are outside in the dirt. They have 9 dogs. None of the dogs have been bathed. They jump on you and rub all over your clothes until you smell like them. There is dog poop everywhere. They smoke (even the pregnant women), dip, drink, shoot guns, throw things like hammers, axes, darts, etc. They usually have fireworks and they shoot them at each other. This is all around the children, even babies. The guys smash beers on their heads and beer sprays on everyone, one again, even on the babies. The inside of the house is crazy, dirty diapers all over the floor, dog poop on the floor, dirty litter boxes spilling over, holes in the walls, you name it.

It's weird, unsafe, and unenjoyable. I dont mean to sound like a priss but I dont even own clothes I'm comfortable wearing over there. I made my whole family strip when we came home, and washed the clothes immediately. I'm a neat freak. I'm kind of anal, controlling, and I have gotten called stuck up a few times in my life. So it is really not my scene, even if it were more safe. I dont want to be a party pooper or come off as stuck up (I actually hate that I'm like that) so I just stayed out of their way, and then came home early.

I will NOT go back to their parties. At one point my son was put in danger and got beer all over him. I kept my kids close, and in a whole separate area from the dangerous/unhealthy stuff, but it found us anyway. It's not worth it, and I feel so crappy that I was ever there in the first place. I wasnt expecting it to be like that, cause they are both (my friend and her husband) from normal families.

One dilemma I'm facing, is if the friendship is worth carrying on. Are these differences something I can ignore as long as I dont go to their house anymore? How do I turn down invites to these parties without hurting their feelings?

The other issue, is that my husband LOVED it. He's always been kind of trashy. I know it, he knows it, and his whole family knows it (and are worse than him). He grew up in a house that dirty. He's okay with dirt and smelling bad, and torn up houses, and dog pee staining the floor for a month before it gets cleaned. I cant fathom living like that, but that's the only way he's known until he moved in with me.

At the party he got down and dirty with the other men, wrestling in the mud, getting drunk on natty lite, throwing things, throwing up. He didnt touch the guns or smash stuff on his head but to me he seemed just as trashy as the other guys. It's all knives and guns and bows and hunting and trucks and country music and dirt. I grew up in the country. We live on a farm now. I'm good with country music, trucks, cowboy boots, etc. But this is like a whole other level.

On our way home he got so sick he left the car at a red light and walked off in the dark. When the light changed he told me to go on. So I went and took the kids home and he walked home. He said later he was just car sick, but I think he's trying to downplay how drunk he got. I think he had 8 beers, and he never drinks. He told me he was sorry he got so drunk, but my issue isnt with that. If it is a one time thing and never happens again, I can shrug it off and move on.

But I'm concerned with how happy he is in the environment, I know that's what he likes, but I can't live like that. What kind of man does this make him? Should I let him go by himself and just pick him up at the end of the night? Should I nip this lifestyle in the bud, or is that me trying to "change him?"

I'm disappointed and embarrassed by the side of him I saw at that party. I though he was a better man than that. I wanted him to be a better man. Where do we go from here, as a couple?

And where does this leave my friendship?

TL;DR: went to a crappy, trashy, unsafe party at my friends and was miserable. Hubby loved it. How should I handle that friendship from here on out, and what do I do about my husband loving that terrible atmosphere?

Edit: I think I worded this badly, so to be clear, i dont think all of the things mentioned in this post are trashy. I generalized a lot of not trashy things when I was talking about what the guys were doing. It was more all of it combined that left a bad taste in my mouth.

My husband is a knife collector, but we dont pull them out for drunk people to play with.

My Papa is a gun collector but his guns are in a safe and get fired at a range. He doesnt let drunk people play with them or leave them strewn out on a table within reach of a bunch of little kids. And beyond it being trashy, it is actually illegal to fire their guns on their property. They live in the middle of a city, surrounded by other houses and businesses.

I am pretty good with a bow. My husband and I both own boots. We have a truck.

But I dont like hunting too much, and I really dont like dirt unless it's on the ground. So, not on me, or in my car that i just got cleaned, or in my house.

I apologize for the generalization of "guns and bows and hunting and trucks and country music and dirt."

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Ytlaya posted:

I think this might be a common thing, because I have had almost identical recurring dreams (being in high school as an adult for some reason). It's always very vague and doesn't really involve any specific events other than the general concept of "being in school and feeling that things are deeply out of place and I've been left behind."

edit: The main difference seems to be that your dream implies some awareness of your actual real life (with the "invalidates everything I've done") while mine generally involves no elements of my actual real life other than my age. Like, the dream usually consists of me gradually realizing that it isn't right for me to still be in high school, and then remembering my age.

edit2: Also the high school building in the dream resembles my elementary school, because dreams are weird

From probably forever ago, but I'm catching up, and same. Except it's high school for some reason. I wonder how prominent this is? I know the dream about your teeth all coming loose and falling out is super common, and my mom and a few of my friends have dreams of crossing a super high bridge and falling off of it, but otherwise Idk. Dreams are interesting.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Sunswipe posted:

Because of loving course that subreddit exists.

quote:

When the gently caress did this sub turn to one where you actually PimpYourMomForKarma instead of making fun of people who do it? (self.PimpYourMomForKarma)
There's a couple of dudes posting heaps of pics that are allegedly of their own mothers. Even if it's fake, that's still a :yikes:

Gluten Freeman posted:

My [22M] girlfriend [21F] says I don't trust her family because I won't take her luggage
The fact that they just happened to offer their own suitcase and his GF flipped out when he said he could just fit them in his own :catdrugs:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Gluten Freeman posted:

My [22M] girlfriend [21F] says I don't trust her family because I won't take her luggage

What the gently caress

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Run fast and run far, friend. No one sane or stable or lacking in ulterior motive gets that twisted up about luggage.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Should I (26F) be friends with people if I don't enjoy their lifestyle? What if my husband (28M) likes it?

Basically my friend since childhood has been inviting me over to her house for parties every now and then. We have always gotten along well and liked the same things, and I enjoy her company, so I went to one. We have kids similarly aged and our husbands get along too.

The parties are... trashy. I want to be kinder or more sensitive because I love my friend, but there isnt a better word. They are outside in the dirt. They have 9 dogs. None of the dogs have been bathed. They jump on you and rub all over your clothes until you smell like them. There is dog poop everywhere. They smoke (even the pregnant women), dip, drink, shoot guns, throw things like hammers, axes, darts, etc. They usually have fireworks and they shoot them at each other. This is all around the children, even babies. The guys smash beers on their heads and beer sprays on everyone, one again, even on the babies. The inside of the house is crazy, dirty diapers all over the floor, dog poop on the floor, dirty litter boxes spilling over, holes in the walls, you name it.

It's weird, unsafe, and unenjoyable. I dont mean to sound like a priss but I dont even own clothes I'm comfortable wearing over there. I made my whole family strip when we came home, and washed the clothes immediately. I'm a neat freak. I'm kind of anal, controlling, and I have gotten called stuck up a few times in my life. So it is really not my scene, even if it were more safe. I dont want to be a party pooper or come off as stuck up (I actually hate that I'm like that) so I just stayed out of their way, and then came home early.

I will NOT go back to their parties. At one point my son was put in danger and got beer all over him. I kept my kids close, and in a whole separate area from the dangerous/unhealthy stuff, but it found us anyway. It's not worth it, and I feel so crappy that I was ever there in the first place. I wasnt expecting it to be like that, cause they are both (my friend and her husband) from normal families.

One dilemma I'm facing, is if the friendship is worth carrying on. Are these differences something I can ignore as long as I dont go to their house anymore? How do I turn down invites to these parties without hurting their feelings?

The other issue, is that my husband LOVED it. He's always been kind of trashy. I know it, he knows it, and his whole family knows it (and are worse than him). He grew up in a house that dirty. He's okay with dirt and smelling bad, and torn up houses, and dog pee staining the floor for a month before it gets cleaned. I cant fathom living like that, but that's the only way he's known until he moved in with me.

At the party he got down and dirty with the other men, wrestling in the mud, getting drunk on natty lite, throwing things, throwing up. He didnt touch the guns or smash stuff on his head but to me he seemed just as trashy as the other guys. It's all knives and guns and bows and hunting and trucks and country music and dirt. I grew up in the country. We live on a farm now. I'm good with country music, trucks, cowboy boots, etc. But this is like a whole other level.

On our way home he got so sick he left the car at a red light and walked off in the dark. When the light changed he told me to go on. So I went and took the kids home and he walked home. He said later he was just car sick, but I think he's trying to downplay how drunk he got. I think he had 8 beers, and he never drinks. He told me he was sorry he got so drunk, but my issue isnt with that. If it is a one time thing and never happens again, I can shrug it off and move on.

But I'm concerned with how happy he is in the environment, I know that's what he likes, but I can't live like that. What kind of man does this make him? Should I let him go by himself and just pick him up at the end of the night? Should I nip this lifestyle in the bud, or is that me trying to "change him?"

I'm disappointed and embarrassed by the side of him I saw at that party. I though he was a better man than that. I wanted him to be a better man. Where do we go from here, as a couple?

And where does this leave my friendship?

TL;DR: went to a crappy, trashy, unsafe party at my friends and was miserable. Hubby loved it. How should I handle that friendship from here on out, and what do I do about my husband loving that terrible atmosphere?

Edit: I think I worded this badly, so to be clear, i dont think all of the things mentioned in this post are trashy. I generalized a lot of not trashy things when I was talking about what the guys were doing. It was more all of it combined that left a bad taste in my mouth.

My husband is a knife collector, but we dont pull them out for drunk people to play with.

My Papa is a gun collector but his guns are in a safe and get fired at a range. He doesnt let drunk people play with them or leave them strewn out on a table within reach of a bunch of little kids. And beyond it being trashy, it is actually illegal to fire their guns on their property. They live in the middle of a city, surrounded by other houses and businesses.

I am pretty good with a bow. My husband and I both own boots. We have a truck.

But I dont like hunting too much, and I really dont like dirt unless it's on the ground. So, not on me, or in my car that i just got cleaned, or in my house.

I apologize for the generalization of "guns and bows and hunting and trucks and country music and dirt."

Only on reddit will someone be browbeat into apologizing for having the gall to imply that getting drunk and breaking things on your head in a room covered in feces is trashy.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

therobit posted:

If you put the milk in first, you should probably be sent to a reeducation camp anyway, so I feel like any means short of that is a really gentle approach.

This is almostas bad as people who put on one sock and one shoe before putting on the other sock. Some people just can't be salvaged.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Acres of Quakers posted:

This is almostas bad as people who put on one sock and one shoe before putting on the other sock. Some people just can't be salvaged.

this can't be real i refuse to believe you that this has ever happened

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Acres of Quakers posted:

what about putting your socks on before your underpants

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

this can't be real i refuse to believe you that this has ever happened

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Palemdromes posted:

From probably forever ago, but I'm catching up, and same. Except it's high school for some reason. I wonder how prominent this is? I know the dream about your teeth all coming loose and falling out is super common, and my mom and a few of my friends have dreams of crossing a super high bridge and falling off of it, but otherwise Idk. Dreams are interesting.

It seems like it is fairly common for your dreams to take you back to school to express some subconscious feelings like anxiety. http://behdad.org/mirror/www.braindecoder.com/why-we-still-have-school-anxiety-dreams-1336233928.html

Everyone once in a while I'll have a dream where I am back in school and have suddenly realized there is a class that I haven't been going to. Like just completely forgot about for weeks and now I have to go to it and hope that I'm not too far behind. Sometimes there is an assignment due or an exam.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Gluten Freeman posted:

My [21F] husband [25M] posted to reddit about us having a threesome, then sent nude photos of us to a responder. Am I crazy to be feeling violated?

If you don't leave him you're going to get hosed by half the greasy wierdos in your city.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

He was feeling you out for daddy issues before propositioning you. Or assaulting you. Don't ever be alone with him again.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It's a kid. You play with it. Idiot.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I see you've met my brothers.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Generic Monk posted:

what about putting your socks on before your underpants

what about taking off your underpants before your socks?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Xenocides posted:

Maybe. My wife is slavic and it's very common for people traveling to carry stuff for other folks.

When we went to visit her family a couple of years ago we had several people come give us packages/letters/etc to take with us to give to their family members that lived in the area we were headed to (and we got stuff to bring back to them).

It's a pretty nice thing to do, and other people will take your stuff (if you ever need them to) as well.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pirate Radar posted:

what about taking off your underpants before your socks?

There are guys who do that before sex.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
... but socks are like... dressing up though

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Araenna posted:

There are guys who do that before sex.

How are you supposed to have sex without taking off your dick sock, idiot

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Palemdromes posted:

The teeth dreams probably mean you’re grinding or clenching your teeth in your sleep.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

PancakeTransmission posted:

The fact that they just happened to offer their own suitcase and his GF flipped out when he said he could just fit them in his own :catdrugs:
yeah honestly it sounds like op's parents were assuming something sketchy, possibly for racist reasons, but also gf's family were actually literally doing something sketchy, so uh

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

InediblePenguin posted:

yeah honestly it sounds like op's parents were assuming something sketchy, possibly for racist reasons, but also gf's family were actually literally doing something sketchy, so uh

Having had family living abroad, it is really common to bring a load of poo poo that is either cheaper in the US or unavailable at your destination, and so family members will max out their baggage allowance bringing said poo poo. This is normal for whit americans living abroad, Mexicans and Central Americans, Eastern Europeans, and Persians that I have direct experience with, but I imagine if it includes all those people then probably it is common among a lot of other people too. It is strange that the girlfriend is offended he doesn't want to take a bigger bag and she communicated it poorly, but his and his parents reaction is even weirder. Also DUDE YOU ARE 21 YEARS OLD! WHY ARE YOU INVOLVING YOUR PARENTS IN THIS?!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Taking hard to find things things to people abroad is extremely common.

My friend takes a six month supply of tampons for his wife every time he goes to visit her because tampons are hard to find and ridiculously expensive in china.

There is literally nothing odd about this unless you have some reason not to trust the person you are traveling with, in which case you shouldn’t be dating or traveling with them.

Nothing sketchy is happening here, that guy’s parents are probably just racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I get bringing a lot of stuff, but if they're asking the boyfriend to use an entirely bigger case, they should at least run down what's in there in case the TSA asks after opening it up. It sounded like they were ready to throw his stuff in with whatever they had planned without really looping him in.