Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for exposing a girl for using bases.

I just wanna say, I am fine with people using bases. That's what they are for. But this situation was different.

​Right so basically, I was in a discord server with about 4 other people. These people knew each other in real life, so they were very close with each other. Let's call them Chloe, Sam, Jill, and Tim. Anyways, there was a channel in the discord for art. Someone would show off their art and everyone else would compliment the art. But Chloe's art was a bit suspicious.

​Her digital art looked very nice. Very good anatomy. That didn't bother me. But when I went to look at the art on her Instagram, something didn't add up. Her traditional art was very poor compared to her digital art. That's when I figured out she was using bases. But I decided to keep quiet since I might not have all the facts. Perhaps everyone else knew that she used bases and I was just out of the loop.

​A few weeks later she shows another piece of art and Sam compliments the anatomy. That was a red flag. I felt that these people didn't know that she was using bases. I guess it ticked me off that she was basically claiming that all the art was her's. Someone worked hard on making these bases, it didn't feel right. So I went on the internet and found the base. Then I basically exposed her. I didn't want to go all out so I tried to casually bring it up.

​Me: That's a nice base... who made it? (I suppose maybe this could have come off as a bit rude)

Jill: That's a base?!

Tim: Dude...

Sam: I don't think that's a base?

Tim: That doesn't matter.. you don't call someone out like that

Sam: They were just asking an innocent question

Me: Yeah!

​Chloe ended up leaving the server. But she ended up coming back a few days later. We ignored the incident but every once in a while Chloe or Tim would call call me an rear end in a top hat or something like that. So, am I the rear end in a top hat?

TL;DR: This girl uses bases to make art. But she acts like she made all the art. She didn't credit the artist or anything. I called her out for it in front of her friends.

Edit: I agree, I shouldn't have called her out in public. I should have taken the conversation to the dms.

Edit: Some of you don't know what a base is. Here's a simple explanation I found

Art that you share with other artists so they can develop into something hopefully better. Like a body base, that is when the artist draws the character already for you with the eyes and everything. You just add clothes and background or something...Or an adoptable base, kind of same thing but probably more destined for work compared to the first one that is probably just for new artists to practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Taking hard to find things things to people abroad is extremely common.

My friend takes a six month supply of tampons for his wife every time he goes to visit her because tampons are hard to find and ridiculously expensive in china.

There is literally nothing odd about this unless you have some reason not to trust the person you are traveling with, in which case you shouldn’t be dating or traveling with them.

Nothing sketchy is happening here, that guy’s parents are probably just racist.

"taking things abroad for other people" isn't sketchy, "no you must use THIS suitcase we give you, fitting it in your own luggage is NOT good enough!!" is sketchy. do you understand.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Pirate Radar posted:

what about taking off your underpants before your socks?

Araenna posted:

There are guys who do that before sex.

Ah, the sock gap. Terrifying.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for losing my passport and ruining my girlfriend's birthday?

My GF wanted to go to Japan for her birthday. I've always wanted to go there too. I booked the flights to Tokyo with a stop in New Delhi.

After we landed in New Delhi, I realized I couldn't find my passport. They would not let me board the Tokyo plane without it. She couldn't go without me because the hotel reservations were in my name. Neither of us could exit the airport because we had no Indian visas. We told the police about the situation and, long story short, they got us on a flight back to our home country.

So that is how I ruined my girlfriend's birthday. We have nothing to do for the next two weeks.

Now she is angry at me. In my defence:

I did not lose the passport on purpose.
I have done everything I can to make the situation better. I even offered to book a last-minute trip somewhere closer where I could go with my ID card. Switzerland? Italy? Turkey? Nope, she's "too depressed now" to enjoy those places after what happened. (Not trying to disrespect her feelings with that. It's just what she said.)
I paid for the flights and the hotels. While she is going to have a disappointing birthday, I've also said goodbye to 3000 €. Yeah it sucks for both of us but don't be mad at me.
Still, I feel like I hosed up. I think losing it was ultimately my fault. If I wasn't so careless, she would be having the best birthday of her life right now.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

TL;DR I promised GF a trip for her birthday, I lost my passport on the plane, and we got sent back. She's upset. I'm trying to make the situation better but it was probably my fault.

Edit: It was in my pocket, and I was sleeping in a position where it could have easily fallen out.

Edit 2: We could not leave the airport because we did not have the documents to enter India. As EU citizens we need to apply for an eVisa four days in advance, which I did not do because it costs US$80 per person and we didn't think we would need it. That is why we couldn't go to the embassy for an emergency passport replacement.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Araenna posted:

There are guys who do that before sex.

You leave the socks on during sex if you don't want it to count and so your partner can't get pregnant.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

InediblePenguin posted:

"taking things abroad for other people" isn't sketchy, "no you must use THIS suitcase we give you, fitting it in your own luggage is NOT good enough!!" is sketchy. do you understand.
"Actually we have more stuff we wanted to send, could you use a bigger suitcase so there's room for it all? We bought it for you" isn't sketchy unless you think the family is drug smugglers or terrorists

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Batterypowered7 posted:

You leave the socks on during sex if you don't want it to count and so your partner can't get pregnant.

That just isn’t so!

Extremely relevant: https://vimeo.com/93428207

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I prefer to wear socks and a t-shirt when having sex. I think it's probably ideal. One day I will find a partner to confirm or deny this.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Anne Whateley posted:

"Actually we have more stuff we wanted to send, could you use a bigger suitcase so there's room for it all? We bought it for you" isn't sketchy unless you think the family is drug smugglers or terrorists

I'm a law baby, but I'd really want them to volunteer what all was in there, which OP is unclear about :
"The night before we left she said I needed to come down to her place in the morning to get a few items she couldn't fit. I happily agreed. A few hours later she rang me asking me if I could repack my luggage into a bigger suitcase her family had bought (for me - hoping I would use it. Without telling me)."

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Anne Whateley posted:

Going berserk instead of informing the man of the contents of a package they expect him to take through a government checkpoint is not the same thing as what you're saying in any way whatsoever

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
I mean, "did you pack your suitcase yourself?" is a very common question at customs and answering "no" is a good way to get yourself sent to a room to wait for hours while they rifle through your poo poo.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for charging my boyfriend $50 if he doesn’t make it home by 5am?

I feel like an rear end in a top hat. But, I don’t know and have to know! So, hear me out.

My boyfriend and I have been living together for two years. I’m naturally a homebody. But, when we first stated dating, I kind of had a drinking problem. After moving in together, I was still wrestling with alcoholism and stayed out a handful of times (about five times in a year) until 3AM. Frequently, I’d irresponsibly allow my phone to die while I continued drinking. Initially, I didn’t understand how problematic it was because I wasn’t cheating and I was literally half a block away from our apartment and in the same bar that I went to every each time. Every time, my boyfriend expressed that he hated this. He hated the staying out late and he hated the dead phone. He told me it was unacceptable. Eventually, it seemed like such a big deal to my boyfriend that I just sucked it up, stopped staying out late, and stopped drinking.

Fast forward now, it’s over a year since o last stayed out or really drank. My boyfriend got a new set of friends and now he stays out mostly every weekend until 3-5am. I don’t ask who’s he’s with or what he’s doing before he leaves. I don’t bother him while he’s out. I want him to have his space because humans deserve that. But, it still bothers me that he’s late only because of the double standard that he’s set in our relationship. He says that he deserves the benefit of the doubt because “he’ll respond to a call or text at any time”. But, as I stated previously, I almost never call while he’s out unless it’s an emergency because we live together.

At first, it pissed me off. Then, I thought I should just calmly explain to him why I disagree with his actions. But, after almost a year, he still does it. He tells me he’ll be home by a certain time and doesn’t make it. When I him out on how he treats me for coming home late, he backpedals. I’m tired of wasting my breath. So, tonight when he left at midnight, I made a proposition. If either one us aren’t home 4am, we have to give the other $50 and no one can be angry.

My reasoning is that he’s either going to tire of paying the $50 and come home on time or afford me the same level of understanding for occasionally staying out until the bars close.

Am I the rear end in a top hat? Is he? Are we both assholes?

Edit: Proper and succinct grammar

Edit 2: This proposition was made like 20 minutes ago? I’m serious. But, what do I say to this man? I’ve several times tried to explain to him why I don’t think this double standard is fair. He doesn’t listen. I thought the $50 might serve as some sort of method to say “hey, you’ve stayed out a lot. Remember all of those times I joked about you paying $50 for coming on at 5am and you wouldn’t pay? Please don’t me mad at me for something you’ve done 20 times this year.”

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Blade Runner posted:

Going berserk instead of informing the man of the contents of a package they expect him to take through a government checkpoint is not the same thing as what you're saying in any way whatsoever

Jimbozig posted:

I mean, "did you pack your suitcase yourself?" is a very common question at customs and answering "no" is a good way to get yourself sent to a room to wait for hours while they rifle through your poo poo.
I think we're reading it differently. They asked him to pack it himself. if you really think your girlfriend's parents took the suitcase apart to fit drugs or bombs into the lining, you have a lot of issues regardless of which suitcase you use

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Anne Whateley posted:

I think we're reading it differently. They asked him to pack it himself. if you really think your girlfriend's parents took the suitcase apart to fit drugs or bombs into the lining, you have a lot of issues regardless of which suitcase you use

Then why would the phrase "I can fit it all into the suitcase I already have, no worries" elicit such a crazy loving reaction

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Because they want him to bring more stuff in a bigger suitcase?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
If that was the case then they would've just used it for the gifts and he could've kept his little one for himself.

The logistics don't matter really though the problem is they bought him something nice and wanted to see him using it.

e: Or at least that's how I read the situation.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Generic Monk posted:

what about putting your socks on before your underpants

wait, what? you put one sock on each testicle then your underpants over them. does no one here know how to loving dress themselves?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Blade Runner posted:

Then why would the phrase "I can fit it all into the suitcase I already have, no worries" elicit such a crazy loving reaction

It wasn’t that that elicited the reaction, it was most likely the boyfriend asking his parents (?!) about using the new suitcase, them telling him no, then him telling his girlfriend his parents don’t want him to. Even if there weren’t any racist motivations from the boyfriend’s parents, it’s still weird all by itself. Why did he even ask his parents about this in the first place? He’s 22 years old!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Anne Whateley posted:

So what? He said no, and offered to use his own suitcases. The girlfriend then went into full-on manipulative meltdown mode. It's actually very reasonable to say no in this situation, because the .0001% of the time that your girlfriend's family is using you as a drug mule, you spend the rest of your life in Indian prison. Why is it so important to you that the boyfriend be wrong in this situation?

Anne Whateley posted:

Because they want him to bring more stuff in a bigger suitcase?

Lol, this is a "reason" for that behavior in the same way that that leaving a dirty spoon in the sink is a "reason" for your spouse to stab you in the eyeballs while you're sleeping. It's completely disproportionate.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol, this is a "reason" for that behavior in the same way that that leaving a dirty spoon in the sink is a "reason" for your spouse to stab you in the eyeballs while you're sleeping. It's completely disproportionate.

you know how much it hurts me that you keep bringing this up after i've apologized so thoroughly

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
It's not "important to me that the boyfriend is wrong" :rolleyes: it's just that the conclusions he's jumping to are really out there.

It's like if you're going to the store and your girlfriend is like "hey babe can you get me a pack of skittles?" and you jump to "what if me buying skittles instead of m&ms is the signal to the cashier that the blackmail cash drop is ready under a park bench???"

Either there are other signs that your girlfriend is a crime boss and you should break up, or you're insane and you should break up

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Anne Whateley posted:

It's not "important to me that the boyfriend is wrong" :rolleyes: it's just that the conclusions he's jumping to are really out there.

It's like if you're going to the store and your girlfriend is like "hey babe can you get me a pack of skittles?" and you jump to "what if me buying skittles instead of m&ms is the signal to the cashier that the blackmail cash drop is ready under a park bench???"

Either there are other signs that your girlfriend is a crime boss and you should break up, or you're insane and you should break up

If your girlfriend asks you to get Skittles and the place is out so you can't get them but you get M&Ms instead, then she has a full loving meltdown over how your relationship will never recover because you did not get the Skittles, she is the bad person there

It's the fact that her reaction was extreme insistence followed by a loving meltdown

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

wait, what? you put one sock on each testicle then your underpants over them. does no one here know how to loving dress themselves?

Well I thought I did

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

quote:

My parents weren't too keen on that and didn't like her saying I should use her suitcase. While they didn't think she may have tampered with it, they said they would prefer if I used my own suitcase. They told me they would be like that with anyone. While I'm not proud of how tactfully I delivered the opinion, the news was not received well

“Now babe, I’m not saying you want me to use this suitcase because you tampered with it and you’re trying to get me to smuggle contraband for your family, but”

I’m trying really hard to think of a reason why you’d be that uncomfortable using someone else’s suitcase that isn’t because you think they tampered with it. Unless the boyfriend was actually planning on smuggling drugs in with his own suitcase without his girlfriend’s knowledge and now she’s ruined the whole thing! Yep, that’s gotta be it, I’ve solved it.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Hawkins posted:

you know how much it hurts me that you keep bringing this up after i've apologized so thoroughly

My eyes have healed, but my heart never will.

Anne Whateley posted:

You've made half a dozen posts trying to show that the boyfriend is somehow wrong, and maybe even racist or at least listening to racists. Surely dropping a rolleyes negates that. Odd that you're so invested in continuing to argue that position while denying that you're arguing that position, and also have not made a single mention of the girlfriend's abhorrent and manipulative behavior.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I honestly don't know what's happening here

He said "I'm not using your parents' suitcase because it probably has drugs or bombs in it"

She got upset and said he didn't trust her family

She is abhorrent and manipulative?

She definitely got upset and it went to weird dumb places (I'm assuming you mean the line "she wanted me to convince her not to go," which is indeed manipulative but dumb baby poo poo). But when you say someone's family is probably drug smugglers or terrorists, that tends not to go well. You can't really think you're coming back from that.

I don't know whether the suitcase had drugs or not. If he has other reasons to believe her family is full of drug smugglers, he should definitely break up with her and not date any more international crime lords. Whether or not the suitcase had any contraband, they should break up.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Anne Whateley posted:

I honestly don't know what's happening here

He said "I'm not using your parents' suitcase because it probably has drugs or bombs in it"

She got upset and said he didn't trust her family

She is abhorrent and manipulative?

She definitely got upset and it went to weird dumb places (I'm assuming you mean the line "she wanted me to convince her not to go," which is indeed manipulative but dumb baby poo poo). But when you say someone's family is probably drug smugglers or terrorists, that tends not to go well. You can't really think you're coming back from that.

I don't know whether the suitcase had drugs or not. If he has other reasons to believe her family is full of drug smugglers, he should definitely break up with her and not date any more international crime lords. Whether or not the suitcase had any contraband, they should break up.

He could fit all the things into his own suitcase and so her extra suitcase was not needed

He expressed this and she insisted on him using it, which is obviously weird

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for losing my passport and ruining my girlfriend's birthday?

My GF wanted to go to Japan for her birthday. I've always wanted to go there too. I booked the flights to Tokyo with a stop in New Delhi.

After we landed in New Delhi, I realized I couldn't find my passport. They would not let me board the Tokyo plane without it. She couldn't go without me because the hotel reservations were in my name. Neither of us could exit the airport because we had no Indian visas. We told the police about the situation and, long story short, they got us on a flight back to our home country.

So that is how I ruined my girlfriend's birthday. We have nothing to do for the next two weeks.

Now she is angry at me. In my defence:

I did not lose the passport on purpose.
I have done everything I can to make the situation better. I even offered to book a last-minute trip somewhere closer where I could go with my ID card. Switzerland? Italy? Turkey? Nope, she's "too depressed now" to enjoy those places after what happened. (Not trying to disrespect her feelings with that. It's just what she said.)
I paid for the flights and the hotels. While she is going to have a disappointing birthday, I've also said goodbye to 3000 €. Yeah it sucks for both of us but don't be mad at me.
Still, I feel like I hosed up. I think losing it was ultimately my fault. If I wasn't so careless, she would be having the best birthday of her life right now.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

TL;DR I promised GF a trip for her birthday, I lost my passport on the plane, and we got sent back. She's upset. I'm trying to make the situation better but it was probably my fault.

Edit: It was in my pocket, and I was sleeping in a position where it could have easily fallen out.

Edit 2: We could not leave the airport because we did not have the documents to enter India. As EU citizens we need to apply for an eVisa four days in advance, which I did not do because it costs US$80 per person and we didn't think we would need it. That is why we couldn't go to the embassy for an emergency passport replacement.

Keep track of your loving documents, jesus.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I like how off all the things this thread has called bullshit, the fact that a suitcase might be the epicenter of a great conspiracy is accepted without a second thought is really funny.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

CharlestheHammer posted:

I like how off all the things this thread has called bullshit, the fact that a suitcase might be the epicenter of a great conspiracy is accepted without a second thought is really funny.

I honestly don't think there was anything weird in the suitcase, but I think her reaction to him not wanting to use the suitcase is extremely weird

To me, it seems like she was looking for something to get mad at in the first place with how quickly she jumped on it and refused to let go

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
"Now you can't say that you would do anything for me."

Instant breakup. Break up so fast it travels back in time.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I feel like an rear end in a top hat. But, I don’t know and have to know! So, hear me out.

My boyfriend and I have been living together for two years. I’m naturally a homebody. But, when we first stated dating, I kind of had a drinking problem. After moving in together, I was still wrestling with alcoholism and stayed out a handful of times (about five times in a year) until 3AM. Frequently, I’d irresponsibly allow my phone to die while I continued drinking. Initially, I didn’t understand how problematic it was because I wasn’t cheating and I was literally half a block away from our apartment and in the same bar that I went to every each time. Every time, my boyfriend expressed that he hated this. He hated the staying out late and he hated the dead phone. He told me it was unacceptable. Eventually, it seemed like such a big deal to my boyfriend that I just sucked it up, stopped staying out late, and stopped drinking.

Fast forward now, it’s over a year since o last stayed out or really drank. My boyfriend got a new set of friends and now he stays out mostly every weekend until 3-5am. I don’t ask who’s he’s with or what he’s doing before he leaves. I don’t bother him while he’s out. I want him to have his space because humans deserve that. But, it still bothers me that he’s late only because of the double standard that he’s set in our relationship. He says that he deserves the benefit of the doubt because “he’ll respond to a call or text at any time”. But, as I stated previously, I almost never call while he’s out unless it’s an emergency because we live together.

At first, it pissed me off. Then, I thought I should just calmly explain to him why I disagree with his actions. But, after almost a year, he still does it. He tells me he’ll be home by a certain time and doesn’t make it. When I him out on how he treats me for coming home late, he backpedals. I’m tired of wasting my breath. So, tonight when he left at midnight, I made a proposition. If either one us aren’t home 4am, we have to give the other $50 and no one can be angry.

My reasoning is that he’s either going to tire of paying the $50 and come home on time or afford me the same level of understanding for occasionally staying out until the bars close.

Edit: Proper and succinct grammar

Edit 2: This proposition was made like 20 minutes ago? I’m serious. But, what do I say to this man? I’ve several times tried to explain to him why I don’t think this double standard is fair. He doesn’t listen. I thought the $50 might serve as some sort of method to say “hey, you’ve stayed out a lot. Remember all of those times I joked about you paying $50 for coming on at 5am and you wouldn’t pay? Please don’t me mad at me for something you’ve done 20 times this year.”

What in the name of hell. Text him. Jesus.

edit: I mean also these people should break up because if she's got an admitted alcohol problem and that's how he drinks then this isn't going to end well.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [19m] little cousin [7f] follows me everywhere when she's at my place only to silently stare at me. It makes a little uncomfortable. What does it mean?

My mom is currently working overseas for a few more months so I am alone at home and frequently go to my grandmother and grandfather's home two blocks away.

They receive visits from my aunts and uncles frequently and I generally stay till they leave and then go home. Not everyday, once or twice a week.

Anyway one of my aunt's brings her granddaughter, my cousin's daughter. He lives in another country. I don't know any specifics of how things happened but the mom doesn't seem present and they seem to be raising her.

When she's around she always follows me no matter what I'm doing. Cleaning, making coffee, tea, moving things around, etc. She follows me around in total silence but doesn't really interact with me. If I stare at her she just stares right back indefinitely.

If I take out the trash and come back inside to do whatever, she goes outside and then inside with me. Yesterday night I made coffee for everyone and then tried to fix grandma's old radio and she just sat in the room the whole time until they left. She doesn't really say anything and barely replies to anything I say.

It's kind of awkward. Does it mean anything? Should do something in particular when she's around? Why would she follow me around?

tl;dr: Little cousin follows me silently when she visits but doesn't interact and just stares at me indefinitely. Why is she doing this? Does it mean anything? Is there something I should do with/for her?

Play with the lonely little kid you absolute goon.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for exposing a girl for using bases.

I just wanna say, I am fine with people using bases. That's what they are for. But this situation was different.

​Right so basically, I was in a discord server with about 4 other people. These people knew each other in real life, so they were very close with each other. Let's call them Chloe, Sam, Jill, and Tim. Anyways, there was a channel in the discord for art. Someone would show off their art and everyone else would compliment the art. But Chloe's art was a bit suspicious.

​Her digital art looked very nice. Very good anatomy. That didn't bother me. But when I went to look at the art on her Instagram, something didn't add up. Her traditional art was very poor compared to her digital art. That's when I figured out she was using bases. But I decided to keep quiet since I might not have all the facts. Perhaps everyone else knew that she used bases and I was just out of the loop.

​A few weeks later she shows another piece of art and Sam compliments the anatomy. That was a red flag. I felt that these people didn't know that she was using bases. I guess it ticked me off that she was basically claiming that all the art was her's. Someone worked hard on making these bases, it didn't feel right. So I went on the internet and found the base. Then I basically exposed her. I didn't want to go all out so I tried to casually bring it up.

​Me: That's a nice base... who made it? (I suppose maybe this could have come off as a bit rude)

Jill: That's a base?!

Tim: Dude...

Sam: I don't think that's a base?

Tim: That doesn't matter.. you don't call someone out like that

Sam: They were just asking an innocent question

Me: Yeah!

​Chloe ended up leaving the server. But she ended up coming back a few days later. We ignored the incident but every once in a while Chloe or Tim would call call me an rear end in a top hat or something like that. So, am I the rear end in a top hat?

TL;DR: This girl uses bases to make art. But she acts like she made all the art. She didn't credit the artist or anything. I called her out for it in front of her friends.

Edit: I agree, I shouldn't have called her out in public. I should have taken the conversation to the dms.

Edit: Some of you don't know what a base is. Here's a simple explanation I found

Art that you share with other artists so they can develop into something hopefully better. Like a body base, that is when the artist draws the character already for you with the eyes and everything. You just add clothes and background or something...Or an adoptable base, kind of same thing but probably more destined for work compared to the first one that is probably just for new artists to practice.

man people have some weird relationships with the internet and the strangers that lurk within it

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
There's no shame in using bases. I'm quite proud of it in fact. I'm not a very good artist and I can't afford the premium ones so I have to stick with free bases.

I love freebasing!

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I’m hoping for the third outcome where he Petes her and saves them both the trouble

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Switchback posted:

The teeth dreams probably mean you’re grinding or clenching your teeth in your sleep.

Judging from my emotions during the dream itself, it seems to be connected to a feeling of some "irreversible" bad thing happening rather than any sort of pain/discomfort. Like, when the teeth come lose in the dream my feeling is "oh gently caress, they won't grow back, this will be permanent and I will need dentures." So probably a very general anxiety thing.

(btw, completely unrelated but that Pete post from a while back is extremely obviously fake and I'm honestly kinda surprised that most people don't seem to realize it; it's not so much that the events themselves are impossible, but that the way they were described is obviously intended to paint the OP as a ridiculous person)

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
Go to any international airport and look at all the repacking of bursting-at-the-seams luggage going on all around. People send over the maximum-size-allowance bag with extra space that is supposed to be filled with poo poo that is expensive to import or pay for after it's been imported. I see a lot of designer jeans, spices, beauty products, apple accessories, shoes, replacement parts for tools and equipment, and any other weird poo poo that sounds sketchy until you realize how much money you can save by cutting out the formal import system. The extra space they wanted in the suitcase was to pack with that sort of stuff. If you spend enough time in international terminals you'll see it all the time.

It's not his problem if he doesn't want to do it but to act like he's being set up as a dug mule is weird.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It looks weird to Americans, which is not the same thing as looking weird.

Like look at Ranch Dressing, it's pepper spiced mayo and we're the only ones who eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Turtlicious posted:

It looks weird to Americans, which is not the same thing as looking weird.

Like look at Ranch Dressing, it's pepper spiced mayo and we're the only ones who eat it.

There is no mayo (or egg at all) in ranch dressing. The base is buttermilk and mustard. :colbert:

But yeah ranch is not a thing anywhere else I've been at least.

(edit) ugh I googled and some people do make homemade ranch with mayo wtf