Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

oliwan posted:

but they are also racist, sexist and think oppression can be justified, etc.

Discuss.

lol have you ever met non-German teenagers? Pretty much all teenagers are little racist, sexist fascists at some point or another :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drone posted:

lol have you ever met non-German teenagers? Pretty much all teenagers are little racist, sexist fascists at some point or another :v:

Yes, I've met literally hundreds of non-german teenagers, but im talking about the specific German situation as described in my post, op.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

oliwan posted:

Yes, I've met literally hundreds of non-german teenagers, but im talking about the specific German situation as described in my post, op.

That's a funny way to write "most people everywhere".

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Also see self-licensing

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Randler posted:

Why exactly do we need a bomber anyway?

To provide air support for ground troops during NATO missions, Randler. Don't you know anything?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

To provide air support for ground troops during NATO missions, Randler. Don't you know anything?

Also to carry the symbolic nuke the yanks will loan us in case of Russian invasion/leftism.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

That is not an acceptable policy goal in my opinon. :colbert:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

oliwan posted:

I realized something today while talking about Nazis with my year 9 class. The kids are mostly super anti-nazi ("wenn ich ein Nazi sehe schlag ich ihm den Kopf ein" lol), but they are also racist, sexist and think oppression can be justified, etc. So, it dawned on me that a lot of German kids are being taught about fascism in such a way (mostly by their parents I mean) that they should never be a nazi, because it's not salonfähig to be one. However, the underlying causes are not seen as fascist, because actual Nazis are such an insane otherworldly evil to them, that they don't make the connection between that and their fascist ideas. Therefore it's perfectly normal for them to be insanely racist, and also insanely anti-nazi. They think because they are not Nazi's (and to them they are obviously not Nazi's) they can't be evil, so all of their opinions on oppression are also acceptable.

Discuss.

That seems to be a fairly common phenomenon around the world. See also the US where people will happily tell you for an hour about the way black culture is just intrinsically violent and then vocally insist that they're not, like, a racist or anything. Or dudes who will happily admit that they'd be totally down with getting a woman near blackout drunk before molesting her, but who'd never think of themselves as a rapist.

On a guess I'd say that might have to do with a difference between viewing something bad as an action versus viewing it as a part of an identity. If you view something undesirable primarily as an action (e.g. doing racist poo poo), then that means it's something you might end up doing yourself. An action is by itself unconnected and could reasonably be committed by anyone, and you might not know ahead of time what sort of actions you might be taking in the future. That means you'll have to constantly self-examine your actions to make sure you don't actually end up doing something undesirable.
But if you view something undesirable primarily as part of an identity (e.g. being a racist poo poo), that greatly simplifies matters. After all, you know that you are a Good Person, and only Bad Persons are racists, so logically that means you can't be a racist, QED. As long as you make sure to take a strong opposition against the identity, you're in the clear. You don't have to self-examine your actions or even so much consider the possibility that you might be doing something bad, which is obviously much easier and more comfortable.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Are you guys actually discussing an anecdotal opinion detailing how all German children are insanely racist that he finished with "Discuss."?

Come on, y'all.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Buy swedish planes imo

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lord Stimperor posted:

Buy paper planes imo, then buy guillotines with the rest of the budget, behead Nazis

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewRjZoRtu0Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acT_PSAZ7BQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kJKkHgYmVA

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Fair

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Can't wait for the Extra Grand Coalition. :geno:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Eh, if you look at Forsa from two days ago a Schwarz-Grün coalition would constitute an absolute majority. Barely, but still. It still freaks me out that depending on whom you ask 12-14% of Germans will vote for a party that’s not only openly rechtsradikal but also only isn’t first in the „most self-destructive“ category because the SPD has this one down to a loving art

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Well compared to the SPD they look like a well-organized functioning party with a lot of ideas. :v:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Any AfD hottakes on the 100 year anniversary yet?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
https://twitter.com/ER_MV/status/1085128649232273410

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd like to remind people that the SPD literally ordered the murder of Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht, and that they were actually murdered a hundred years ago today (by the SPD).

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

oliwan posted:

I'd like to remind people that the SPD literally ordered the murder of Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht, and that they were actually murdered a hundred years ago today (by the SPD).

I'd like to remind people that the SPD was the only party that voted against Hitler's Ermächtigungsgesetz.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Because every single KPD-Abgeordneter was already murdered, incarcerated or exiled. What the gently caress kind of argument is that

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Would the KPD still have collaborated with the NSDAP against the Weimar authorities and/or embrace the "SPD is worse than literal fascists" thinking from Russia if Liebknecht and Luxembourg hadn't been murdered?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Torrannor posted:

I'd like to remind people that the SPD was the only party that voted against Hitler's Ermächtigungsgesetz.

SPd is Ehrenmann?

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Randler posted:

Would the KPD still have collaborated with the NSDAP against the Weimar authorities and/or embrace the "SPD is worse than literal fascists" thinking from Russia if Liebknecht and Luxembourg hadn't been murdered?

Considering the KPD tried to kill the young German republic in the crib because it was turning out too much of a parliamentary democracy for their taste, I'd guess so.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

cebrail posted:

Because every single KPD-Abgeordneter was already murdered, incarcerated or exiled. What the gently caress kind of argument is that

What the gently caress kind of argument is "SPD members who have been dead for half a century killed Rosa Luxemburg one century ago"?

Seriously, do you think Germany would have been better off if the SPD hadn't been around? The party very much deserves being dunked on for the things they did the last 25 years or so, but the party's historical record is pretty good.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Torrannor posted:

What the gently caress kind of argument is "SPD members who have been dead for half a century killed Rosa Luxemburg one century ago"?

A good one. It could have been 1000 years ago, they're still denying (or, in the case of their official publication a week ago, even celebrating) it so they still deserve to be judged for it.

Torrannor posted:

Seriously, do you think Germany would have been better off if the SPD hadn't been around? The party very much deserves being dunked on for the things they did the last 25 years or so, but the party's historical record is pretty good.

If there had been a party that actually did what the SPD always pretends it does? I absolutely believe the people would be better off. Their historical record is not "pretty good", they have hosed the people they claim to represent literally every time they had the chance to do so, at the very least since they voted in favour of the first World War, literally one of the most horrible wars in the history of mankind.

Peggotty fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 15, 2019

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
What if: No Preussenschlag? :thunk:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fseAgKX04TY

If only they were still around...

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

cebrail posted:

A good one. It could have been 1000 years ago, they're still denying (or, in the case of their official publication a week ago, even celebrating) it so they still deserve to be judged for it.

If there had been a party that actually did what the SPD always pretends it does? I absolutely believe the people would be better off. Their historical record is not "pretty good", they have hosed the people they claim to represent literally every time they had the chance to do so, at the very least since they voted in favour of the first World War, literally one of the most horrible wars in the history of mankind.

:yeah:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

oliwan posted:

At the Luxemburg Liebknecht March on Sunday, there were many tables from many left groups situated outside of the monument, and many banners bore by many groups in the march itself.

Noticeably absent was any presence of the SPD. Imagine, if they had the nerve.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

oliwan posted:

2019: Merkel is sick of it all and resigns. Early elections. Bundeskanzler Merz leads a black-green coalition.
2022: Seehofer becomes Bundespräsident.
2023: oliwan burns down the Reichtag. AfD (with CSU as junior partner) gets a full majority later that year. The CSU dissolves and joins the AfD. While banning all other parties it is discovered that the SPD ceased to exist outside Berlin in 2020.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Oh no, please no more V-Männer in these organisations, they're already bursting at the seams.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

At the Luxemburg Liebknecht March on Sunday, there were many tables from many left groups situated outside of the monument, and many banners bore by many groups in the march itself.

Noticeably absent was any presence of the SPD. Imagine, if they had the nerve.

Isn't that march some kind of wank fest for Ewiggestrige where they all gather in front of some GDR propaganda momument?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Kapitalisten aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Nobnob posted:

Kapitalisten aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

Ihr habt nichts zu verlieren außer Wohlstand und Freiheit!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Einbauschrank posted:

Ihr habt nichts zu verlieren außer Wohlstand und Freiheit!

Don't forget the heads

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The Brits just voted against the exit deal, making a hard Brexit more likely.

Please report any Brits you see in Germany to the competent authorities so their assets and bodies might be seized upon hard Brexit to dispose of and/or use in hostage trades for any Germans stranded on the Affeninsel.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Healbot posted:

Oh no, please no more V-Männer in these organisations, they're already bursting at the seams.

You're misunderstanding, they don't put people into organisations to be V-Männer. They pay people that are already extremists to snitch (or make up stuff). V stands for Verdeckte Finanzierung I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Beim Bundesverfassungsgericht war heute übrigens Anhörung zur Verfassungsmäßigkeit der Sanktionen gegen Hartz-IV-Empfänger. Scheint etwas rund gegangen zu sein.

quote:

Wenn die Bundesregierung schon so auf ihre Einschätzungsprärogative poche, mahnte Gabriele Britz, dann hätte man seit 2007 "schon einiges herausfinden können." Beim SGB II operiere der Gesetzgeber "am offenen Herzen": es gehe immerhin um das Existenzminimum. Von der Bundesregierung habe sie aber insbesondere zu den höheren Sanktionen "klare belastbare Zahlen nicht gehört".

Dass die §§ 31 ff. SGB II ganz ungeschoren aus dem Verfahren hervorgehen werden, scheint mir nach dem Verlauf der Verhandlung ziemlich unwahrscheinlich. Schwer zu vermitteln war der Richterbank vor allem, dass die Sanktionen zwangsläufig und starr für drei Monate verhängt werden, ob der zuständige Betreuer das für sinnvoll hält oder nicht.

Bundesregierung und Bundesagentur für Arbeit warnten eindringlich davor, den Jobcentern ein Ermessen einzuräumen. Das wäre "hoch risikoreich", sagte BA-Chef Detlef Scheele. Wenn die Mitarbeiter vor Ort selber entscheiden und verantworten müssten, welche Folgen mangelnde Mitwirkung nach sich zieht, "dann möchte ich da nicht dabei sein".