Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

somepartsareme posted:

i like the guy in that reddit thread repeatedly posting about how getting banned in a video game for being an rear end in a top hat is literally the same as living in nazi germany

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

somepartsareme posted:

i like the guy in that reddit thread repeatedly posting about how getting banned in a video game for being an rear end in a top hat is literally the same as living in nazi germany

but i thought gamers loved nazis these days :confused:

also the other posts reminded me, why don't we have a moomba minion yet. moombas in shb or we riot

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
the new Terms of Service is the thing that pushes the WoL TOO FAR and now he's going to embrace the darkness to fight back against this oppression

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wars. WARS! Wars over the liberty of the people!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

quote:

Digital_8888
Score hidden
·
1 hour ago
https://pastebin.com/y8VdkP20

My conversation with a GM, regarding 'harassment of another player'.

https://imgur.com/RlRjeto

My conversation with the offended player, after a week of trying to figure out who I might've offended, and what I'd done to deserve a strike on my account.

No, I'm not an rear end in a top hat. I like to pet elezen. That's all.

Not every person who's been given punishment by a GM did anything offensive or harmful. You're just lucky enough that no one's bothered to report you yet. Your assumption that anyone who's gotten in hot water must be worse than you? Up for debate.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So am I correct about Cooldown hitting at full power during Overheat, and if so does that mean I should be spamming it when I get Overheat, or does that just change at 64 when your main attacks get the Heated bonus? I'm not clear on where in my rotation Cooldown goes, is it only to fix mistakes?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

God that serial pet-ist is just gross. The way he types in that official way, the "that's all", etc.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This guy probably posted:

"How am I supposed to know if someone doesn't talk to me," he says, climbing over a womans book and removing her earphones. "I just want to be friendly and say hi, how can I possibly understand when someone is feeling uncomfortable," he continues, jogging after the woman as she runs away.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

:whitewater:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

:drat:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I mean I paraphrased but

This Guys Literal Words posted:

I don't think you understand that I don't blame the player for reporting me. You're kind of misunderstanding it. You might note that I was very cordial with the player when interacting with them. My problem lies with SE. Also, I'm on Balmung. It's an "RP" server, unofficially, anyhow. They told me to stop in a way that seemed in-character. ie. an expression of their character's wishes, not the players.

For those not well-versed in RP, there's a difference.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

:chloe:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tashilicious posted:

I mean I paraphrased but
They should arrest him for sexual assault in-character and stick him in that player jail thing.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Tashilicious posted:

I mean I paraphrased but

The mental gymnastics of harassers and creeps will never not give me the heebie jeebies.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Good lord, that same guy in the same thread goes on to defend holocaust jokes because there's no one who's alive today who can be "genuinely offended" by them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gruckles posted:

Good lord, that same guy in the same thread goes on to defend holocaust jokes because there's no one who's alive today who can be "genuinely offended" by them.
reddit.txt

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

No means no, except when preceded by the word forsooth

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I know it's popular to joke about how dumb goons can be but Reddit is a cesspit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Okay, at first I was on his side about how silly it was to get reported and then not be told why you're being reported.

And then I saw the second link.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gruckles posted:

So the problem with it being like nazi germany is that he's not the one being the nazi, got it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

I know it's popular to joke about how dumb goons can be but Reddit is a cesspit.

A non-insignificant reason I still post here is because the $10 sunk cost tends to keep people far, far more honest than the average Redditor.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vermain posted:

A non-insignificant reason I still post here is because the $10 sunk cost tends to keep people far, far more honest than the average Redditor.

plug if someone gets banned here and reregs, it's double the amount of fun because you know they paid for the privilege of coming back to get shat on by everyone.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Vermain posted:

Also there's no expectation here that everyone has to respect your opinions, and you can't game the system to get voted up and hide any disagreement.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's a price to pay for committing to a gimmick on SA. There's no such price on reddit because moderation is often lax.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Oh god there's some poor woman getting sealioned in that thread for talking about how she was stalked and harassed across multiple servers until she quit the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/apq79p/important_changes_to_prohibited_activities_and/egc7prj/

Also yes I touched the poop.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I also like how it seems like the only posts deleted in that thread were the ones pointing out that someone complaining that they got called a nazi for voicing THEIR OPINIOOOOOOOON posts on thedonald and kotakuinaction all the time

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

corgski posted:

Oh god there's some poor woman getting sealioned in that thread for talking about how she was stalked and harassed across multiple servers until she quit the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/apq79p/important_changes_to_prohibited_activities_and/egc7prj/

not surprised.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

corgski posted:

time to paint your tank glam white, because you're going to be called white knight a lot in there jesus

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

My catgirl drk is gonna be decked out head to toe in snow white dye by the end of this.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

corgski posted:

kill reddit

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

corgski posted:

gently caress Reddit. That dude is gross and it's wild that he isn't being run out on the first train out of town.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

:pedophiles:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

gently caress Reddit. That dude is gross and it's wild that he isn't being run out on the first train out of town.
Reddit is made up entirely of those guys

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it just surprises me everytime.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, it just surprises me everytime.
This is why I don't go to any non-SA websites.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The good thing about posting on SA is that I can rest assured that I'm the worst poster in any given thread.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
we just get proof of a new race via cool datamining stuff and reddit decides to talk about how its unfair that GMs will send themsomeone they know a warning when theythat person acts creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

not to detract from weirdo chat because it owns, but i just got bard to 70 and i have questions

single target rotation seems fairly straightforward (apply dots, crit buff, sing a song and react to whatever buttons light up). where i'm a bit lost is aoe rotation. what it feels like i'd want to do is sing mage's ballad for those sweet sweet rain of death resets but realistically it would take too much time to apply dots to targets first, no? would quick nock spam just be better in that case?