Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Countblanc posted:

we just get proof of a new race via cool datamining stuff
I haven't heard about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Hogama posted:

The latest on the rumour mill front: apparently French players are seeing a bug where NPCs referred to their character as every race instead of their current one.

Some oddities of the situation elicited skepticism, so dataminers went in to look at the French localization.

These new racial references aren't in any of the other localizations.
So... we might actually have males and females for both Viera AND a second race? (Keep in mind, Blufever, who's been mostly accurate, never said Viera would be sex-locked, only that there was a second race; however, the presence of both masculine/feminine addresses doesn't necessarily mean both are used, either).

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Kaubocks posted:

not to detract from weirdo chat because it owns, but i just got bard to 70 and i have questions

single target rotation seems fairly straightforward (apply dots, crit buff, sing a song and react to whatever buttons light up). where i'm a bit lost is aoe rotation. what it feels like i'd want to do is sing mage's ballad for those sweet sweet rain of death resets but realistically it would take too much time to apply dots to targets first, no? would quick nock spam just be better in that case?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XAkAyAEwMr50wtfQTz-Vk1U4tdgfdfWg5nRIbKNNJk4/edit

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

cool!

what's the aoe rotation though

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Kaubocks posted:

where i'm a bit lost is aoe rotation. what it feels like i'd want to do is sing mage's ballad for those sweet sweet rain of death resets but realistically it would take too much time to apply dots to targets first, no? would quick nock spam just be better in that case?

Straight Shot up, dot up 2-3 targets (however many you can manage mentally) and then do rain of death/quick nock spam.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I haven't heard about this

basically the stuff Emalde posted. the highlighted bit in the screenshot says that they're known for their "magnificent manes"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Straight Shot up, keep up ~6 DoTs. If I have 5 or more targets, I'll usually just hit them all with Stormbite instead of doubling up, though I might hit one with both if Sidewinder is coming up. Once that's done, Quick Nock spam, and Rain of Death on cooldown. If you're in Wanderer's, use Pitch Perfect at level two so you don't waste procs. If you're in Mage's, you are now a chainsaw.

Can't wait to be told how I'm loving this up.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Why is it so hard for people to not be gross and weird in a video game.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Zokari posted:

Because they're gross and weird in real life and in a video game they can have the power to have an audience without reprisal.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I don't think you needed to add the "in a video game" part.

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

Zokari posted:

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

beat and double post!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Just finished the 70 DRK quest. Stormblood DRK quests continue to be really good, and I liked how it involved a lot of callbacks to Heavensward characters.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Stalking in MMOs is totally a thing and that dude is a shitheel. My wife and I got stalked by another boy-girl duo to a whole different server back on WoW and they sent us both whispers trying to say the other was doing bad poo poo. People suck.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

Straight Shot up, dot up 2-3 targets (however many you can manage mentally) and then do rain of death/quick nock spam.

Arist posted:

Straight Shot up, keep up ~6 DoTs. If I have 5 or more targets, I'll usually just hit them all with Stormbite instead of doubling up, though I might hit one with both if Sidewinder is coming up. Once that's done, Quick Nock spam, and Rain of Death on cooldown. If you're in Wanderer's, use Pitch Perfect at level two so you don't waste procs. If you're in Mage's, you are now a chainsaw.

Can't wait to be told how I'm loving this up.

cool cool. wasn't sure how the math would work out spending time putting a dot up on each individual target. if it's more damage in the end i'll give it a shot

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kaubocks posted:

cool cool. wasn't sure how the math would work out spending time putting a dot up on each individual target. if it's more damage in the end i'll give it a shot

You will be getting so many Rain of Death procs you will be physically unable to use them all

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

In every age, in every place. The deeds of men remain the same.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This outfit is goofy as hell but I love it.

Someone was asking about the pants on this outfit, and they're just the Elezen Tights dyed Grape Purple

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Kaubocks posted:

The math works out that generally after 6 dots you're spending more time dotting than you are AoEing. Either by reapplying one dot per mob or iron jaws-ing two per mob.

4 dots is acceptable if you can't handle keeping 6 up because sometimes RNGesus says you don't get any extra rain of deaths your entire mage's ballad, even with 6 Straight Shot-buffed dots up.
And then sometimes you can't push the dang button fast enough with 4 constantly proccing.

Also on some trash packs you'll run out of mages before everything is dead and then your AoE solely consists of Quick Knock. And that's kinda boring.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

should i toss up a song while i'm applying dots to the crowd so i by chance may have buttons to press between each one, or wait until they're all up and ticking first?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

ABS

Always Be Singing

(Probably use Army's Paeon while putting DoT's up, then switch to Mage's Ballad)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
New Rival Wings is a lot of fun.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Captain Cappy posted:

(Probably use Army's Paeon while putting DoT's up, then switch to Mage's Ballad)

:hmmyes:

Griz
May 21, 2001

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Because they're gross and weird in real life and in a video game they can have the power to have an audience without reprisal.

these dudes are the reason why big conventions have the "cosplay is not consent, keep your hands to yourself" signs.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Zokari posted:

Because the President of the USA is gross and weird therefore it's totally cool to be outward with it because you can't get in trouble! except when you do

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Rastan Beeza posted:

Who even liked the ronso though

Even FFX ignored their existence as much as it could

Hot take: Ronso is the worst Final Fantasy race, and Kimahri is a completely worthless character.

I have no idea why someone would wanna be a Ronso when we have gazillions of other good FF races. poo poo, I'd rather be a Hypello. gently caress, in fact, please sign my petition to make Hypello the next playable race. Together we will ride ze shoopuf.

All aboards.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The Grimace posted:

Hot take: Ronso is the worst Final Fantasy race, and Kimahri is a completely worthless character.

The chillest hot take. Use the teleport sphere to teleport Kimahri into the trash.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The Grimace posted:

Together we will ride ze shoopuf.
Chocobro's cannot ride ze shoopuf. It's imposhibibble.

Therefore I will not sign your petition and will, in fact, advise against it.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

Thundarr posted:

In years of DF and PF runs I've only rarely run into people being actively abusive, so my wild guess is that they are tired of getting complaints about NN being completely unmoderated and/or run by the shitters themselves.

I've found people with the burger king kids crowns by their names to be insufferably elitist and arrogant. Like they only ground out 1,000 dungeons to get it and then use it to condescend.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

I got the crown via crafting, thinking about all the second chance points I could get from mentor roulette... And then I realized I'm a bad mentor roulette mentor because idk tanks' and healers' crap well enough to feel comfortable giving advice, so I don't run it anymore and if I have the crown on I make sure it's the crafting one :v:

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Zack Ater posted:

I got the crown via crafting, thinking about all the second chance points I could get from mentor roulette... And then I realized I'm a bad mentor roulette mentor because idk tanks' and healers' crap well enough to feel comfortable giving advice, so I don't run it anymore and if I have the crown on I make sure it's the crafting one :v:

it's also the correct choice because it looks like a big hammer is smashing the mentor crown

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The Grimace posted:

Kimahri owns he's the first person to jump on Tidus's "gently caress This Church" train because he genuinely cares more about Yuna than that dumbass religion and his subtle development and friendship with Tidus is infinitely better than say....Wakka or Lulu's arcs.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Zack Ater posted:

I ran mentor roulette for a while and because of the “you don’t pay my sub” types I decided I’d only give advice if someone asked

Nobody ever asked so it just ended up being leveling roulette except sometimes it would dump you into Titan EX to a chorus of “first time lol”

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Ronso are cool and all, but to be honest I'm going to be super loving disappointed if they throw out a pair of gender locked races. I thought we were past that silliness.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Gender locked races are bad

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
They are bad but also the game will only improve with the addition of more very big men

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

FactsAreUseless posted:

So am I correct about Cooldown hitting at full power during Overheat, and if so does that mean I should be spamming it when I get Overheat, or does that just change at 64 when your main attacks get the Heated bonus? I'm not clear on where in my rotation Cooldown goes, is it only to fix mistakes?

Since nobody answered this: yeah, Cooldown is 230 potency if you're heated/overheated. That's more than heated split shot and equal to heated slug shot. It's the reason why the only GCDs you want to use during overheat are slug shot with ammo, clean shot, and cooldown. If for some reason you find yourself with no ammo, no procs and you're overheated you could do a lot worse than pressing cooldown five times.

If you're doing things right at 70 and you're pressing all of your buttons at the same time every minute you'll use cooldown once outside of overheat at any time >=75 and <=95. That'll line everything up neatly for your next wildfire. Every other set you can time it so you cooldown immediately after hitting hypercharge.

Don't use cooldown if you're at less than 75 heat.

edit: oh lol you get cooldown before heated shots? That's silly. Yeah mash the gently caress out of cooldown during overheat if you're not 64 yet.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 13, 2019

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

Has anyone discovered where the new emote is from??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

I've found people with the burger king kids crowns by their names to be insufferably elitist and arrogant. Like they only ground out 1,000 dungeons to get it and then use it to condescend.

Its almost guaranteed too that if someone in the party is messing up mechanics repeatedly and doing terrible dps its the person with the 'look at me' crown

TheShadowAvatar posted:

Has anyone discovered where the new emote is from??

probably hydatos