Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladvice
[CO] My ex lied about vaccinating our immune compromised 8 year old daughter. She now has chicken pox and is in the hospital. I want my ex as far way from my daughter as possible.
u/ThrowYouAway2213

This is sweeter then tree law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Xenocides posted:

Why is a 21 year old still in this deep socially with so many people they knew in school?

I'm guessing small town she didnt move out of after high school.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Splicer posted:

Start up your account again, every morning post "Another beautiful day in a slightly better world. (It's a better world because Alicia is dead (I say this because she was awful (and the world is better off without her)))"

Reply to any and all responses with "A good point, but she's dead and I'm not so I win"

If they bring the fight to you come back swinging :colbert:

:hmmyes:

cumshitter posted:

poo poo all over her memory. Post nothing but videos of "Celebrate Good Times" and quotes about how great life is and appreciating every day you have. If anyone confronts you about it in person just say, "I don't think Alicia would mind. But let's ask her," then stamp your feet and shout, "Havin' a fun time down there in hell, Alicia!?"

:hmmyes:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Xenocides posted:

My House My Rules - How do I (31 F) deal with entitled Father (50's M)?

I want to be friends with this girl. I like to think she married Pete.

Apologize for nothing, you have won the power struggle and are the new patriarch of the family. Cement your hold on power by inviting yourself to the homes of various family members (especially your grandfather, if he's in the hospital then as family you will be let in to see him) and thanking them for their help in these trying times, and promise that you'll never forget their support. Do this, obviously, even if they did not support you.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladvice
[CO] My ex lied about vaccinating our immune compromised 8 year old daughter. She now has chicken pox and is in the hospital. I want my ex as far way from my daughter as possible.
u/ThrowYouAway2213

a judge ordered her to do it and this guy has the faked forms and a statement from the doctor saying that he never saw the kid

the trial is probably going to end with her getting launched into the sun

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for firing employee of 20+ years for calling my niece "Princess"

My niece is kind of... a useless intern at the moment. She was super sheltered by her mother, my brother travels for work... so she has no real life skills.

I own a business and took Ally [18] under my wing. She lives in my basement apartment [I live above her] and I am pretty much building an adult from the ground up. Everything from how to dress in the workplace to how to use a computer properly outside of Facebook and Instagram.

It's working. It's just frustrating for Ally because she should know a lot of this stuff. But her mom is very, very controlling. I expect I am going to do this with my other niece Savannah when she graduates in a few years.

But it's working out well. Ally is going to start community college in September. But until then I am having her sit in my office and do various small tasks, take an online Microsoft Word tutorial, and catch up on various life goals.

I have been running my own business for six years now. I took it over from my Mother when she retired. My brother has no interest in the business, though he was offered some stake.

My mother ran the business for 37 years before I took it over. She hired a woman named Belladonna [54F] who has worked there for 24 years. As such, Belladonna feels she is pillar for the company and has asked to become a manager. She has tried to take on managerial roles before, but I wouldn't give her that job if someone paid me.

She is a little snarky, but I had no issue with it. Until I caught her calling Ally "Cinderella" and "Princess." She was also ordering Ally to get her coffee. When Ally said she was working on something, Belladonna told her "well, I guess you just sit down and do nothing then."
I fired her on the spot.

My Mother thinks I was an rear end in a top hat for doing that. But I don't tolerate people who think being older means they have a right to be snarky. I told people what Ally was doing at the job, and that she was not an intern. She was simply my niece assisting me on stuff I needed help with.
AITA?

It was your right and responsibility to initiate a disciplinary action on Belladonna for her unprofessional behavior, with the threat of termination if you wish, but 'firing her on the spot' is lovely, yes.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I have a feeling op was waiting a long time for a chance to get rid of Belladonna.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

big dyke energy posted:

I have a feeling op was waiting a long time for a chance to get rid of Belladonna.

yup.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

I'm also guessing Belladonna is actually vital to the business and it's going to fall into a death spiral.

I work in an office with similar politics. It's insane how spiteful and petty people can get when they don't feel they're getting the respect they "deserve". My boss brought his girlfriend in and slowly gave her more and more power until the entire old guard (except me) left in disgust. Incompetent would be a compliment for her. Belladonna reminds me of my former colleague who was my boss's right hand man and who literally started up the business in his his house with my boss. My boss eventually made this man go through his girlfriend for everything. The guy said fuckit and went off to make double his salary.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 15, 2019

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

big dyke energy posted:

She was working there 18 years for the mother before he even took over, and has "tried to take on managerial roles" is the farthest she'd gotten.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [21F] am being harassed over social media because of an inappropriate comment.
Hi all.

About two weeks ago a girl from my school called Alicia was hit by a car and sadly passed away. Obviously everyone was extremely upset about what happened and a lot of people were paying their respects on social media. I stayed silent as I remembered somebody different.

Alicia started to pick on me from the moment she saw me. She made up a cruel nickname for me and soon everyone was calling me it. She and her friends used to spread these horrible rumours about me, including one that my dad was in prison (which they claimed was for something that rhymes with grape). I had maybe two or three friends in all the time I was in school because nobody wanted to go against her.

My parents and me tried to go to the teachers about her, but the problem was that she was one of the smart kids. She was top of every class and not a single one of them would ever hear a bad word about her. It got to the point that I tried to end it all because I felt so terrible, and though I was stopped, when the rumours spread she said it was shame it didn't work.

Due to all of that I was in no rush to pay my respects. I won't lie. I hate this person with a passion. Even then, I don't think she deserved to die. I didn't say anything at all. However, someone I'm friends with posted something about how when someone passes away, people who don't know/like that person will come in and say how wonderful they are. I commented that it works both ways and that when a horrible person dies, everyone will talk about what a lovely person they were even when that isn't true.

However, this person has a few mutuals who were in Alicia's friend-group. One of them, Grace, saw it an screenshotted it. I got a DM from her, saying ''That better not be about Alicia''. I tried to play dumb and say that it wasn't. Within an hour, I was getting messages from all kinds of people, sending me all kinds of abuse and harassing me, telling me it should have been me and that Alicia was worth a hundred of me etc.

It got to the point that Alicia's mother started messaging me too. She was saying what a vile person I am. Bear in mind that her she knew about what Alicia was doing to me and what I almost did because of it, and refused to admit that her daughter was responsible.

I have closed down all my social media but unfortunately some snake has found my number and I am still getting calls and texts abusing me. I have been threatened and am afraid to leave he house to go to work.

How am I supposed to sort this out?

TL:DR; I indirectly said something about the girl who tormented me who sadly passed away and now am being harassed over social media.

Screenshot yourself with a rainbow t-shirt that says good girls go to heaven, bad girls get hit by cars and rot in the ground.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm also guessing Belladonna is actually vital to the business and it's going to fall into a death spiral.

100% no, she's the type of barnacle that has managed to cling on so long she's convinced herself she's there for any reason but inertia, the former owner's good will, and her daughter's inclination not to upset her needlessly, which ceased to be a factor the second Bella started asserting her nonexistent power. Immediate termination would definitely not have happened if she wasn't a worthless PITA in other ways and she didn't just start being a bitch this week.

But “I’m vital to the business and it's going to fall into a death spiral” is definitely what Bella is going to mutter to herself over and over while she applies for unemployment.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
some long term employees are actually useful. its weird

e: that being said, i dont make my interns get me coffee and poo poo thats kinda demeaning

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 15, 2019

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I've never, ever thought to look right when turning right.

Looking where you're going? Yeah, they don't teach that in driver's ed anymore. That's outmoded driving strategy.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

gently caress Your Website posted:

100% no, she's the type of barnacle that has managed to cling on so long she's convinced herself she's there for any reason but inertia, the former owner's good will, and her daughter's inclination not to upset her needlessly, which ceased to be a factor the second Bella started asserting her nonexistent power. Immediate termination would definitely not have happened if she wasn't a worthless PITA in other ways and she didn't just start being a bitch this week.

But “I’m vital to the business and it's going to fall into a death spiral” is definitely what Bella is going to mutter to herself over and over while she applies for unemployment.

Eh, I think the person that was in the trenches for 18 years is probably more valuable than the person that inherited the business.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Uh that's someone who never should have gotten a fuckin license in the first place

You look both ways specifically to avoid running over someone crossing the loving road you nincompoop

The biker probably got the ticket for being on the sidewalk or not waiting for the crossing signal if it was an intersection.

Also $100 probably didn't even cover the ticket, rear end in a top hat.

The bicyclist deserved the ticket. I used to ride a bike to work every day and everything goes a lot better when you actually follow the laws.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Leon Einstein posted:

gently caress Your Website posted:

100% no, she's the type of barnacle that has managed to cling on so long she's convinced herself she's there for any reason but inertia

lol it could literally be either of these or anything in between. Like there isn't even close to the amount of information we'd need to make a real judgement, and ya'll are here confidently claiming things you cannot possibly know poo poo about.

Thread is a nutshell.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Is this assault? Sexual assault? Not a crime?

quote:

Here's a weird one for you all. My gf and I prefer different personal lubes. About a week ago I found that my bottle of lube had become cloudy and had ribbons of a solid white substance floating in it. Given a recent dispute with my girlfriend regarding our sex life I took the bottle to her and asked if she put anything in it. Fast forward..she denied putting anything in it, I was suspicious, I kept trying to get the truth and after 1 week she finally admitted that 2 months ago she put peppermint oil in it to make me sting during/after masturbation. Luckily I hadn't used it in that period so I dont know what it would have done to me. I have read that peppermint oil can burn bare skin, should not be applied near the eyes or sensitive areas and should only be applied mixed in another base oil (for dilution). So my question..did she commit assault or attempted assault? (I am in Colorado). Any information or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

lol it could literally be either of these or anything in between. Like there isn't even close to the amount of information we'd need to make a real judgement, and ya'll are here confidently claiming things you cannot possibly know poo poo about.

Thread is a nutshell.

I'm not confident, just guessing.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Throw some salt on that snail!

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Haifisch posted:

Is this assault? Sexual assault? Not a crime?

going for the ol' candy cane

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Stevie Lee posted:

The bicyclist deserved the ticket. I used to ride a bike to work every day and everything goes a lot better when you actually follow the laws.

Yeah, I'm kind of on the driver's side of this one. I doubt he's completely oblivious to pedestrians entering a cross walk but a bike flying in from out of nowhere when you're not expecting it leads to situations like this. Pretty much the whole reason why bikes aren't allowed on sidewalks and are expected to operate like road vehicles.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Stevie Lee posted:

everything goes a lot better when you actually follow the laws.
I was turning left the other day at a stoplight and the jackass across the street had the right of way and stopped and kept waving at me to turn. Just follow the goddamned rules and don't do me any "favors"! A woman I know got hurt badly by someone doing the same thing but it was a four lane road and she turned left and got creamed by someone coming up to the intersection in the other lane.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for firing employee of 20+ years for calling my niece "Princess"

My mother is in a similar position as this OP. She works with an eighty year old luddite who's the owner's right hand woman. The office didn't have a single computer before my mother started there, and 5 years later they're still doing inventory by hand.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
God I loving hate cyclists. I routinely attend town hall meetings just to get those death machines off the roads. Might as well just replace the bicycle lane symbol with a skull and crossbones.

Unfortunately, civic action has not been as effective as I'd hoped. So recently I've been infiltrating local cycling groups and destroying them from the inside or converting them to superior 4 wheeled vehicles. My go to is to find the gayest spandex costume possible and strike up conversations with cyclists that subtly hint at the superiority of automobiles. For example:

"Greetings, fellow cyclist. I sure do love inconveniencing others with my dangerous hobby. Say, when you finally get struck down by one of those marvels of modern engineering what kind of car do you hope it will be? Personally, I'd like to be crushed in the spacious wheel well of the new 2019 Buick Envision. What with their luxurious interiors, dealer incentives, and 0% APR factory financing for qualified applicants I bet they wouldn't even care that my mangled corpse and bicycle had scratched their paintjob. Yep, that's how I want to go, when the cars finally get me."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i legit thought i was in AI for a second

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Leon Einstein posted:

I work in an office with similar politics. It's insane how spiteful and petty people can get when they don't feel they're getting the respect they "deserve". My boss brought his girlfriend in and slowly gave her more and more power until the entire old guard (except me) left in disgust. Incompetent would be a compliment for her. Belladonna reminds me of my former colleague who was my boss's right hand man and who literally started up the business in his his house with my boss. My boss eventually made this man go through his girlfriend for everything. The guy said fuckit and went off to make double his salary.

tell us about other women you hate. don't hold back now.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladvice
u/ThrowYouAway2213

Your ex is trying to murder your daughter.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
jeez getting flashbacks to my second job where i was like 16, helping swap out reels in an old movie theater. that whole thing they say in fight club about cigarette burns i have never heard in my life but i do know there was a degree of timing to things and some movies were worse than others. the whole thing was like one big room above all the theaters with little windows with a big wide hallway so when all the movies were playing it was pretty lit up and you could hear a little bit of the soundtracks of all the films as you walked down the space. sometimes i would just meander down the way with a bag of way criminally overbuttered popcorn and just think to myself man there is a lot of projecting in here.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

tell us about other women you hate. don't hold back now.
I don't hate her, I pity her. She comes crying to me about her horrible life once in a while.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't hate her, I pity her. She comes crying to me about her horrible life once in a while.

Wow! What a big heart you have! Hey everyone, let's praise Leon Einstein for maintaining a relationship with someone! Good work buster.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
just saying there is a lot of unnecessary hate in here. the thread where we cruelly take enjoyment out of peoples bad choices and perspectives.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
goddamn :regd11:'s i tell ya

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Wow! What a big heart you have! Hey everyone, let's praise Leon Einstein for maintaining a relationship with someone! Good work buster.
Don't be too hard on him, he's apparently the only one still on the sinking ship so I think that says it all in terms of how bright his prospects are.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Leon Einstein posted:

I was turning left the other day at a stoplight and the jackass across the street had the right of way and stopped and kept waving at me to turn. Just follow the goddamned rules and don't do me any "favors"!

I hate this more than tailgaters. There's a lot of fuckwits on the road who aren't capable of driving well under the best of circumstances, the last thing you need to do in busy traffic is to introduce an element of unpredictability.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

sneakyfrog posted:

goddamn :regd11:'s i tell ya

ill boil u slowly and serve your legs to a frenchman you chytrid rear end swamp musician

(jk ilu lmao)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
(as much as i love my frog gimmick despite having to deal with the presumption of being a magachud and my lack of capitalization im not a real frog friend)

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

sneakyfrog posted:

jeez getting flashbacks to my second job where i was like 16, helping swap out reels in an old movie theater. that whole thing they say in fight club about cigarette burns i have never heard in my life but i do know there was a degree of timing to things and some movies were worse than others. the whole thing was like one big room above all the theaters with little windows with a big wide hallway so when all the movies were playing it was pretty lit up and you could hear a little bit of the soundtracks of all the films as you walked down the space. sometimes i would just meander down the way with a bag of way criminally overbuttered popcorn and just think to myself man there is a lot of projecting in here.

Less projection in that hallway than in this thread.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

La Brea Carpet posted:

Less projection in that hallway than in this thread.

Pretty sure that was the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Danaru posted:

Pretty sure that was the joke

:ssh:

i just felt like combining a nice story with :thejoke: but eh.. maybe longform is dumb for that sort of thing.