Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Second fastest time of the day, third most laps run, looks like Brown's Boys are back

Wirth1000 posted:

Some pretty strict fuel usage verification tests coming:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-monitor-fuel-physical-checks/4339766/

Seems like it'd be easier to just bring back refueling already, sheesh.

How do they intend to calculate the mass of parts knocked off the car where they aren't able to recover them whole? Are we going to see people knocking off endplates on the cool down laps?

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/bgarloff/status/1097559942071021573?s=19

First official picture of Silvia in red. Im glad she left third rate team McLaren

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ilmucche posted:

I guess if the only criteria to not be poo poo is to win drat everything then the only not poo poo driver is Hamilton. Reflect on that like you didn't reflect before voting to torpedo your country's economy and world standing.

That is how many f1 fans actually think, yeah.

Most of whom will never touch an open wheel car, or poo poo, even a kart.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The implications of those new rules is that some shady poo poo has been gotten away with until now. Can't wait to find out the details of how teams have been using extra fuel to somehow cheat the flow rates or as movable ballast maybe?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Old Grasshopper posted:

Charisma doesn't necessarily mean an awesomely nice person. It's that charm/presence that inspires devotion from fans. Just look at other "celebrities" to see that charisma doesn't necessarily mean a "super charming person" - the Oasis brothers are great examples of this.

You can be popular without being charismatic, though.

Ultimately this is an argument of semantics.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jesus CHRIST

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

jesus CHRIST

You hitched your rear end to the wrong loving team. Ferrari is where it's at.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

jesus CHRIST

Mission Winnow owns. Gonna be a good year for the Bologna Bullets and the Maranello Marvels my friend.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

As much as I'm anti-ferrari that is a drat good looking car.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Those Ferrari style side pods look magnificent tbh

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ilmucche posted:

As much as I'm anti-ferrari that is a drat good looking car.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Looks like it's going to be a great season to support the Scud. #ForzaFerrari #MissionWinnow #KeepFightingMichael

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Kimoa Kid posted:

jesus CHRIST

♥️

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Binnow

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I wouldn't say I'm pro-Ferrari but I am pro-tobacco so that's my car for this year. Tobacco is back on top, friends. Light em up.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ordering a new set of Pirellis for my Shell-fueled Ferrari on my AMD-powered Lenovo laptop protected by Kaspersky while enjoying whatever the gently caress Mission Winnow wants me to enjoy.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Ordering a new set of Pirellis for my Shell-fueled Ferrari on my AMD-powered Lenovo laptop protected by Kaspersky while enjoying whatever the gently caress Mission Winnow wants me to enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuL2b0WMJmo

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I'd love to click but *slips on Ray-Ban Aviators* *glances down at Hublot watch* gotta go pick up my Mahle-manufactured spare parts

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wirth1000 posted:

Mission Winnow is a PMI-driven initiative inspired by the drive and dedication of our partner Scuderia Ferrari. The initiative draws parallels between Scuderia Ferrari’s laser-like focus on constant improvement in performance and reliability, and PMI’s journey to transform our business through science and technology to achieve a better future.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Mission Winnow is a PMI-driven initiative inspired by the drive and dedication of our partner Scuderia Ferrari. The initiative draws parallels between Scuderia Ferrari’s laser-like focus on constant improvement in performance and reliability, and PMI’s journey to transform our business through science and technology to achieve a better future.

Sounds badass.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

:dukedog:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Smoking some marlboros red right now and huffing some shell

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lmao holy poo poo

quote:

[...]

For even though there has been some encouraging news on the sponsorship front, with the signing of title backer Rokit, there have been hints that performance gains have not been so promising.

Furthermore, there have been suggestions that the car delay is more down to bad planning of production schedules rather than it being a deliberate tactic to maximise development time.

Multiple sources with good knowledge of the situation have suggested that the lack of progress has prompted question within Williams’ senior management that if the FW42 does not come up to scratch then it will have to seriously evaluate Lowe’s position.

A lot may then rest on how the FW42 turns out – although there has even been a suggestion that Lowe may even have gone as far as offering his resignation if the team felt it was the right thing to do.

Williams today issued a firm ‘no comment’ when asked by Motorsport.com about the Lowe rumours regarding his future and potential resignation offer. In F1 terms that is known as a non-denial denial.

[...]

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-delay-paddy-lowe-future/4340078/

Yeah, gently caress it, Paddy's gone. The car is a dog yet again. Claire should be the next to go, too, and another team principal is muchly needed bigly. This is too much now. They should have gone the McLaren route and plundered the ex-Porsche LMP1 guys.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

No team principal will improve Williams so long as Frank is looking over their shoulder

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

No team principal will improve Williams so long as Frank is looking over their shoulder

Probably just stand up at that point.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The Kimoa Kid posted:

jesus CHRIST

Hope the #scudstuds take it home this year. #forzaferrari

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/williams-delay-paddy-lowe-future/4340078/

Yeah, gently caress it, Paddy's gone. The car is a dog yet again. Claire should be the next to go, too, and another team principal is muchly needed bigly. This is too much now. They should have gone the McLaren route and plundered the ex-Porsche LMP1 guys.

I never thought Paddy was any good, but Williams seems to be having huge management problems. They've been shown to be focused on nitpicky poo poo (some guy wearing shorts) and not letting the technical teams structure themselves as needed. I'd love to see the ratio of management positions to actual technical positions, as i'd bet it's pretty equivalent.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Paddy Blowe?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Paddy Slow

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Morale Lowe

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

All very bacon briefcase at the moment but it looks like Stroll will at least be going pretty quickly when he runs off the track

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Wirth1000 posted:

Morale LOL

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Morale No

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ferrari after the first race

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Poo-ddy Loo-we

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQjYCwgLdE

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Michael Schumacher 2019 would be a better team manager than Claire at this point. Paddy may have turned out to be a massive dud but the buck stops with her.

If you guys think Frank actually has any say in the team at this point then you're deluded. His role at Williams is the equivalent of the Queen's at this point. Claire's the one that calls all the shots and the buck stops with her.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Wirth1000 posted:

Michael Schumacher 2019 would be a better team manager than Claire at this point. Paddy may have turned out to be a massive dud but the buck stops with her.

If you guys think Frank actually has any say in the team at this point then you're deluded. His role at Williams is the equivalent of the Queen's at this point. Claire's the one that calls all the shots and the buck stops with her.

So what you're saying is that Claire is Theresa May? Well let me be clear they're both bringing strong and stable leadership to their respective roles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

So what you're saying is that Claire is Theresa May? Well let me be clear they're both bringing strong and stable leadership to their respective roles

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret about Claire.... hint its behind her shoulder: