Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
This might be a bit too easy, but the Prudie questions on Slate today were great:

My day care provider is being a boob

quote:

I am a single mother of an adopted baby, and I am opting to formula-feed since I can’t lactate. I am a working mom as well, and found a home day care provider who seemed amazing—she has two kids of her own (one a little older than my daughter) and has run this home day care for five years or so.

The only bump in the road was on the first day when I pulled out the formula and bottles, and she wrinkled her nose and said, “You feed her that slop?” I ignored the barb (I’m used to it), gave a quick rundown, and went on my way. Two months later, this past Friday, I got off work early and decided to pick up my daughter early. There is a side door where parents can enter without knocking, so I did that. I started the sign-out process, and as I was doing so, the day care assistant walked by and saw me. She tried to engage me with conversation, but I wanted to get my daughter so I brushed by her. When I got to the area of the house where my daughter was, I about fell over. The day care provider was NURSING MY BABY!

I marched over, took the baby from her arms, and asked her if she was crazy. The provider said that she was saving my baby from chemicals I was trying to force into her body and I should thank her for doing it all these months! I didn’t say anything; I just grabbed the diaper bag and got the hell out of there.

But now I am not sure what to do. Obviously, I am not sending my daughter back there, but should I report her to the umbrella company she is under for home day cares, or should I make a huge blast on social media? My sister says I should send out texts to the parents that have kids there so they can do their own check-ins, but that is too much I think. Your thoughts?

Ex-stepdaughter’s relationship

quote:

I share custody of my 11-year-old daughter with my ex. My problem is with my 14-year-old ex-stepdaughter. She is “dating” a 22-year-old man. This is clear statutory rape in our state. My ex encourages the relationship and brags about it. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want him spending the night; I don’t want him around either of the girls. My stepdaughter doesn’t want to listen to me anymore (I raised her from age 8), and my ex doesn’t think I get to “mouth off” about her mothering skills. She thinks birth control is for “sluts,” but having a grown man sleep in her teenage daughter’s bed is perfectly innocent. I am worried my stepdaughter is going to wreck her life.

Moreover, I’m worried about my own daughter. The boyfriend brings friends over who have made sexual comments about her. She dislikes it, and I am ready to go to back to court. I work a lot and make little money. I have enough evidence (texts and emails) where I could bury my ex, but it would leave my stepdaughter alone. I love her, and she called me Dad until a year ago.
How do I save both of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Dienes posted:

This might be a bit too easy, but the Prudie questions on Slate today were great:

Ex-stepdaughter’s relationship

Nothing wrong with either of these that a little :murder: won't fix.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [19 M] discovered my twin brother [19 M] doing something absolutely crazy (but realistically harmless) and I don't know what to do...

Not much backstory, I am twins with my brother. We live in small house together and we are both freshmen in college. I have always been the "more successful" brother, with my brother living the lifestyle of a fat otaku until about a year ago when he went a serious metamorphosis, starting to work harder and act more serious, losing weight, etc. He has seemed much happier and I was always very glad for him until yesterday.

He came from his job and I was masturbating in his room because my shift was cancelled we just cleaned the floor in mine and it still smelled like chemicals. I wasn't expecting him to come, I knew he wouldn't know I was home and I didn't have more than fifteen seconds to react and I was in shock so I just pulled up my pants and jumped into his closet.

It is one of those louvered doors but he didn't see me because he didn't check and it was dark. I could partially see him at his desk and I sat and waited for him to go eat or something. So I wait like ten minutes and then my brother pulls out a bunch of papers (which I realized a bit later was homework), his laptop, ,and a shoebox.

So first he goes onto his computer and the theme song from Evangelion starts playing. My brother and I were very big fans of the Evangelion series when we were younger and we enjoy it very much. We'll rewatch End of Evangelion once every two months or so and the series over the course of a year. It's a very shared treat between us.

So his laptop starts playing evangelion and he pulls out of the showbox a ton of very detailed evangelion toys. I didn't see them all but over the course of the next several hours I saw Unit 00, 01, 02, 03 (that was Toji's), several shinjis, asukas, reis, two misatos, a ritsuko, gendo, a kensuke, plus models of almost every angel.

So after he plays the opening he goes and plays the "battle approaching theme" on loop (can't link it but youtube "evangelion angel attack") while playing with the toys and narrating.He starts doing his homework and working over in the story that the only way to beat the angels is if he completes his homework. He is pretending to be shinji and does terrible impressions of all the other characters He does this with an two essays while essentially arguing with the NERV operators, Misato and Asuka about the actual technical details of his essays (one was a philosophy essay about what the purpose of philosophy is to our daily lives and one was a similar one but about ecology.) while he fights the angels. He'd narrate literally every word of his essay while doing this. Like literally every point. At one point he caught a spelling mistake and 'asuka' says "Mein Gott! That isn't you spell logistics! What are you stupid?" before going back and fixing it. He got the perfect nuances of the character voices and the way they talked but his voice was so horribly ill fitting so it sounded terrible. Over the course of three hours he does this, every time he finished an assignment he'd switch out the angel and when the situation changed with what was going on in the story he'd change the music. When he brought out what he said was the final angel and his third assignment (which wasn't an essay but several tough calculus problems by his description) he turned the music into the "things are desperate" type of song (the beast) and went into full crazy mode where he rapidly listed every single math move he was making while doing it. When he got on the final problem he switched it to a "we are about to win song" (the beast II) and went even faster. Then he beat them and I swear to loving god he played the final song of the show (good, or don't be) while he had every character he used say "congratulations" before putting them back in the box. Then he played the trailer music (jikai youkou i think) while voicing misato and saying what was going to happen 'next time". During the whole thing I had several chances to leave when he got drinks and went to the bathroom but I was so entranced by the whole thing. At the end he left again without a word and I left too.

I said a casual "goodnight" to him before going to bed (this was yesterday) and I haven't said anything to him about this. Is this a cry for help? Should I talk to him or something? He seems happier than he has ever been, and was clearly depressed several years ago, although he seemed to have gotten over that after lots of exercising and improving himself and boosting his self-esteem. Should I worry about this?

tl;dr: my twin bro held a three and a half hour evangelion roleplaying session with himself while doing his homework and I'm worried he may be depressed or something. should I do something?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dienes posted:

I read "being a boob" as "being an idiot". I didn't know she meant in the literal sense.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [19 M] discovered my twin brother [19 M] doing something absolutely crazy (but realistically harmless) and I don't know what to do...

What the gently caress

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

chitoryu12 posted:

I read "being a boob" as "being an idiot". I didn't know she meant in the literal sense.

:thejoke:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Not much backstory, I am twins with my brother. We live in small house together and we are both freshmen in college. I have always been the "more successful" brother, with my brother living the lifestyle of a fat otaku until about a year ago when he went a serious metamorphosis, starting to work harder and act more serious, losing weight, etc. He has seemed much happier and I was always very glad for him until yesterday.

He came from his job and I was masturbating in his room because my shift was cancelled we just cleaned the floor in mine and it still smelled like chemicals. I wasn't expecting him to come, I knew he wouldn't know I was home and I didn't have more than fifteen seconds to react and I was in shock so I just pulled up my pants and jumped into his closet.

It is one of those louvered doors but he didn't see me because he didn't check and it was dark. I could partially see him at his desk and I sat and waited for him to go eat or something. So I wait like ten minutes and then my brother pulls out a bunch of papers (which I realized a bit later was homework), his laptop, ,and a shoebox.

So first he goes onto his computer and the theme song from Evangelion starts playing. My brother and I were very big fans of the Evangelion series when we were younger and we enjoy it very much. We'll rewatch End of Evangelion once every two months or so and the series over the course of a year. It's a very shared treat between us.

So his laptop starts playing evangelion and he pulls out of the showbox a ton of very detailed evangelion toys. I didn't see them all but over the course of the next several hours I saw Unit 00, 01, 02, 03 (that was Toji's), several shinjis, asukas, reis, two misatos, a ritsuko, gendo, a kensuke, plus models of almost every angel.

So after he plays the opening he goes and plays the "battle approaching theme" on loop (can't link it but youtube "evangelion angel attack") while playing with the toys and narrating.He starts doing his homework and working over in the story that the only way to beat the angels is if he completes his homework. He is pretending to be shinji and does terrible impressions of all the other characters He does this with an two essays while essentially arguing with the NERV operators, Misato and Asuka about the actual technical details of his essays (one was a philosophy essay about what the purpose of philosophy is to our daily lives and one was a similar one but about ecology.) while he fights the angels. He'd narrate literally every word of his essay while doing this. Like literally every point. At one point he caught a spelling mistake and 'asuka' says "Mein Gott! That isn't you spell logistics! What are you stupid?" before going back and fixing it. He got the perfect nuances of the character voices and the way they talked but his voice was so horribly ill fitting so it sounded terrible. Over the course of three hours he does this, every time he finished an assignment he'd switch out the angel and when the situation changed with what was going on in the story he'd change the music. When he brought out what he said was the final angel and his third assignment (which wasn't an essay but several tough calculus problems by his description) he turned the music into the "things are desperate" type of song (the beast) and went into full crazy mode where he rapidly listed every single math move he was making while doing it. When he got on the final problem he switched it to a "we are about to win song" (the beast II) and went even faster. Then he beat them and I swear to loving god he played the final song of the show (good, or don't be) while he had every character he used say "congratulations" before putting them back in the box. Then he played the trailer music (jikai youkou i think) while voicing misato and saying what was going to happen 'next time". During the whole thing I had several chances to leave when he got drinks and went to the bathroom but I was so entranced by the whole thing. At the end he left again without a word and I left too.

I said a casual "goodnight" to him before going to bed (this was yesterday) and I haven't said anything to him about this. Is this a cry for help? Should I talk to him or something? He seems happier than he has ever been, and was clearly depressed several years ago, although he seemed to have gotten over that after lots of exercising and improving himself and boosting his self-esteem. Should I worry about this?

tl;dr: my twin bro held a three and a half hour evangelion roleplaying session with himself while doing his homework and I'm worried he may be depressed or something. should I do something?

I'm almost unsure if this is fake because there's no way a human brain could come up with something so good.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

SalTheBard posted:

What the gently caress

Wow took longer than I thought for white people to do a weird acoustic cover of "trapped in the closet"

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Masturbating in your twin brothers bed is apparently just a foot note in this story. :wtc:

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Dienes posted:

quote:

should I report her to the umbrella company she is under for home day cares, or should I make a huge blast on social media? My sister says I should send out texts to the parents that have kids there so they can do their own check-ins, but that is too much I think.
Public shaming and reporting to the authorities sounds good, but individual texts to parents who might be affected is too much?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
One guy managed to figure out how to power through two essays and some math homework and make it fun while the other was a sneaky masturbator who hid in the closet for several hours and I'm supposed to think the Evangelion guy is the crazy one?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Xik posted:

Masturbating in your twin brothers bed is apparently just a foot note in this story. :wtc:

Yeah my first thought was this guy was jeking it in someone else's room, and then hid in the closet to spy on them, but somehow the brother is the weird one for playing with dolls and doing impressions.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
He's so hosed up.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
My brother was an Otaku nerd, a real loser, but he seems to be turning that around. Now let me tell you all the names of these figures, that I only saw through a crack in the closet door. After I was almost caught masturbating in his room. He's clearly the one who is the Otaku loser.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [19 M] discovered my twin brother [19 M]

This is really sublime.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I agree it's a great story but no one really believes OP spent three hours in a closet, right?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

I agree it's a great story but no one really believes OP spent three hours in a closet, right?

He already spent 19 years in there what's another 3 hours?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My (27f) boyfriend (38m) has been seeing his estranged wife (~36f) behind my back.

quote:

u/iswhiskeyinateacup

Dan and I have been together for nearly a year and a half. We have lived together since August, I met his parents at Thanksgiving, and he met my children during Christmas. We are very happy and talking about a wedding and children of our own. Now I don't know.

On our very first date, I asked him if he was married because I had no interest in being the other woman. He said he was married but had been separated for several months with a divorce coming up shortly. I trusted him.

We were long distance for almost a year before he asked me to move in with him. I travel a lot for work still, but we both want to settle down. Long distance is hard, we saw each other once or twice a month, and I decided to give him all of my trust and love.

A last October we went on a trip to Washington state together. We have a high-maintenance dog we usually leave with friends. They were all busy so he informed me that he was going to leave our dog with his (still not ex) wife, Tammy. I wasn't even aware they were still speaking.

I told him I was uncomfortable with him going to her apartment alone and asked him to meet her at a park nearby. He hesitated and then said he would meet her in public to make me more comfortable.

I don't think this is an unreasonable request, especially considering that I go to great lengths to make sure I'm never alone with my ex, the father of my children. I will tuck the kiddos in bed and then drive 30+ minutes to my mom's house, then wake up at 5:30 and make the trip back so I can be there when they wake up for school. Dan has asked me not to text my ex directly, but to only communicate with him through our group chat. I've complied to make him comfortable.

He promised me he would meet her in public and contact me when he arrived and when he left. I trusted him.

Fast forward to yesterday. I got a friend request from one of Dan's friends and accepted it. Apparently he knows Tammy too. I popped up in her "Suggested Friends," me and my profile picture of me kissing Dan.

She messaged me. The message's tone was that of an elder sister giving a warning. She said she didn't know Dan was seeing someone, that they weren't separated till November 2018, which as you know, was a few months after we moved in together. She told me they were going on trips together and spending time together. She informed me they spent Super Bowl Sunday at her apartment, by themselves. This was while I was on a business trip. She sent photos of them to back up these claims.

Tammy texted Dan to let him know she was contacting me, so he approached me about it. I couldn't breathe. I just sat there shaking. She swears they were sleeping together on a lot of these trips. He swears that they he hasn't slept with her since before we met. At this point I don't know if I care if they were sleeping together. He was basically with her every time I was out of town earning money for us to buy our first house. And he never said a word. He always said he was doing something else.

I went all in on this guy. He is begging for me to give him another chance. Sobbing, on his knees, the whole 9 yards. But I don't know. I still have to travel. He has offered to let me see his phone. He has offered to give me the passwords to the cameras on his business and our apartment so I can see when he comes and goes. I have no interest in being a nanny girlfriend.

I am heartbroken. I feel shattered. I don't know if I can rebuild the trust he broke.

Someone please help me play devil's advocate here. Am I being unreasonable? Am I being blind? I'm so confused.

tl:dr My boyfriend has been sneaking visits to his "ex" wife while I'm on business trips and lying about it. She got in touch with me to make sure I was fully informed. I don't know what to do.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Hawkins posted:

No. I just assume every story of "I was masturbating somewhere that wasn't my room or the bathroom and" story to be fake.

Also don't steam clean or power wash your carpet unless it's really hosed. If you live in an apartment all you're doing is making the filth soak into the padding they install underneath to reduce the sound of your footsteps.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I should start doing this on my own assignments

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i have never done homework as intensely as this dude

I'm not sure I've ever done anything as intensely as this dude

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

MarcusSA posted:

So this one is interesting. On the face of it it sounds like total bullshit but as someone else pointed out it sounds like there might be a history with the women who work there having issues while they walked to their car and this seemed like the most logical step to take.

Also it’s a trucking company and we all know how professional truckers are....

Dumb? Probably. It’s probably was the easiest way to safe guard the women who worked there.

the dude says he worked as a corporate-level administrator. do you think the parking lot of their corporate office doubles as a truck stop or something?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

:discourse:

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

:emptyquote:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Yeah that's what your wife told me.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

jobson groeth posted:

I thought bigamist was when there was more fog out than usual.

:golfclap:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Fight club twist ending: he's not twins, and his tyler durden personality just got to watch the other guy do his crazy thing for 4 hrs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Idk he probably ignores weird unexplained cum stains in his bedroom pretty intensely

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I (24F) am uncomfortable with girl (19F) who keeps talking about what she's done with my boyfriend (20M).

quote:

Hi /r/relationships, never thought I'd be posting here. Luckily it's not because of my boyfriend but our female friend. A week before I met my boyfriend, Jack, he kissed + received a blowjob from his roommates friend, Sophia. They were both drunk and whatever, it's none of my business and although it initially bothered me slightly, I don't mind it now. I'm not an insecure/jealous person and I understand that poo poo happens. My boyfriend regrets ever doing it and isn't really interested in being her friend, but she's since become part of our large group of friends.

The first time I met her after me and Jack got together, she took me to one side and said that she hoped we could be friends and that what happened with my boyfriend meant nothing to her. I kind of felt like she was making a mountain out of a molehill but I appreciated her intention. I told her that it didn't bother me and we should just put it behind us. I gave her a hug and spoke to her a few times throughout the evening. Later on that night she took my boyfriend aside and said basically the same thing to him, and also that she 'approved' of me. It rubbed me up the wrong way but I just brushed it off. I just wanted everyone to stop making a big deal out of it and let it go.

Over the following months we saw Sophia at parties and things like that and every now and then she would bring it up. 'Oh pebblepa, I'm so happy we can be friends after what happened, you know, between me and Jack.' 'Pebblepa, it's great that you want to be my friend after what I did with Jack'. I always just smiled and brushed it off and changed the topic. She started getting worse, her comments started getting more vulgar and rude. 'Pebblepa, I feel like we can bond over the fact that we've shared a cock.' 'We're like the girl version of Eskimo Brothers!' And, (in a conversation about penis sizes) 'Well I know Pebblepa must be happy with Jack's!' etc. It was getting to the point where she'd bring it up every single time we saw her. She tells everyone new that we meet, she finds ways to bring the conversation around to it.

She acts deadly genuine when she says these things, like she's trying to be my mate, but I don't think she is. One time I snapped a little and told her that she could stop bringing it up and she got all whiny and 'oh I'm so sorry, I know it's hard to be around someone who's been with your boyfriend', and could not seem to understand that it's not the fact that she's done something sexual with my boyfriend, it's the fact that she won't shut up about it. People overheard us talking and Sophia managed to turn it into 'Pebblepa is upset because I gave her boyfriend a blowjob before they got together'. So everyone thinks I'm some crazy insecure girlfriend. I tried telling people what was actually bothering me and they just did not listen, just kept telling me 'it's fine if you hate her, she's touched your boyfriends cock'. The more I tried to correct everybody, the more they thought I was obsessed with this blowjob. So I stopped talking about it. And Sophia carries on talking about it.

I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with this girl. I just want her to stop talking about it. I've told her I'm okay with what happened, I've told her that I want to be her friend, I snapped that one time about it so she knew it was bothering me and it just got worse. A few weeks ago we were texting and teasing each other about something unrelated, and I said in a jokey, 'bantery' way that she should stop mentioning That Blowjob. NOTHING WORKS. I feel like it's only a matter of time before I REALLY snap and then I WILL look like a crazy person.

(Also, she rarely mentions it in front of Jack and she doesn't talk to him a lot, never flirts with him or anything. I've mentioned it to Jack and he agrees with me that it's frustrating that she keeps mentioning it but he doesn't know what he can do about it. Whenever she does mention it in front of him, he usually shakes his head/changes the topic/rolls his eyes.)

How do I make her shut up?

TLDR Met my boyfriend Jack 8 months ago, he'd received a blowjob a week previously by Sophia, who has since become part of the friend group and constantly mentions it. I'm sick of hearing about it.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I [25m] won 2 tickets to the Super Bowl. My girlfriend [25f] is very upset that I'm taking my brother [31m] and not her.

quote:

A couple days ago I won a trivia contest that gave me and all expense paid trip for 2 to the Super Bowl. As you could imagine I was so excited, but it's gotten to the point where I wish there was a way I could sell the package and forget about it.

My brother and I were together and decided to try for tickets from this local contest. I was the official contestant but I actually ended up getting the answer I needed from my brother. From that point, I never even thought about who to take. Since it was something we both did and he ended up actually giving me the answer, of course he was gonna go. I excitedly told my girlfriend who didn't even know I was trying that I won tickets and I was going with my brother. She then got very upset that I am not taking her. For the record, she is a football fan so it's clear she would love to go. But my brother gave me the answer, how could he not go?
My brother said he would understand if I take her and sees the problem that this is causing for me and offered his ticket to her. I didn't even tell her that he made this offer because I don't think that's the point. I think she's being selfish and putting a damper on the entire experience. I told her all this but she is not backing down and said that if you win a trip for 2, it should "automatically" go to your significant other. Maybe that's true if it were on romantic getaway or cruise, but this is something my brother and I did together and he's the reason I won. I think she is being selfish and she thinks I am being inconsiderate of her. I don't know who is right or what to do. I wish I never won these tickets because no matter what happens the entire experience has been marred. I thought of giving the tickets to my brother and his wife and just forgetting about the whole thing but because I won the tickets under my name it has to be me. How should I handle this?

tl;dr I won Super Bowl tickets because of my brother. When I told my girlfriend we were going she was furious I was taking him and not her. What should I do?
follow up comment from op:

quote:

She knew from the start my brother gave me the answer. She knows we did it together. She knows I already invited my brother. She also knows that the tickets are under my name and that I could theoretically choose someone else which is the window she needed to make a fuss about how it should be her. I don't think I could reason with someone who said "if you're brother wanted to go he should have won them himself."

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I (24F) am uncomfortable with girl (19F) who keeps talking about what she's done with my boyfriend (20M).

This would be annoying as hell to live, but that's hilarious.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

I [25m] won 2 tickets to the Super Bowl. My girlfriend [25f] is very upset that I'm taking my brother [31m] and not her.

I think this one depends on how long they’ve been dating. More than a year? Try to work through it, I guess, but you’re dating a child so good luck with that.

Under a year? Try to work through it but you have the breakup nuclear option in your back pocket.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

It would be pretty nice to gift her a tshirt that read "I blew Jack and I can't stop talking about it"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lol I signed up for the lottery drawing for 6 causeway tickets to the second to last shuttle launch, plans changed and I couldn't fly down, gave 3 to a friend I've had since 6th grade (I grew up in FL, most of my family still lives there and so do lots of friends) and sold the other 3 for $500 a piece. Missed out on the last one, when I did get down there to watch it, from Titusville.

As far as my friend is concerned, he took his wife and father to see it. Later on his father died from cancer and they knew it was probably terminal when I gave him the tickets but he didn't want to mention it because he didn't want to feel like he guilted me into it forever. He and his dad are/were huge science/space dorks (this I knew, we'd all built models and gawked at hubble pictures and watched launches from afar) and it probably made them both happier than I could ever imagine, to see a shuttle launch that close.

Basically, do nice things for the people in your life.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

Anyone else want to skip the obvious 'parking for preggos' interpretation and jump straight to 'roving bands of rapists wandering the parking lot' or do we have it out of our systems?

well, was this one of the states between Texas and Georgia (inclusive)?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

See, in the Uk the National front are a collection of incredibly violent Neo-Nazis who generally travel around in gangs breaking things and attacking anyone who isn't their (very limited) version of pure.

Ummmm, were. In the 1970s. They still exist I guess but it's like two people in a phonebox.

Is this someone who's actually British, or an American who just really wishes they were and wants to make that obnoxiously obvious to everyone?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dienes posted:

this is loving gross, she should sue that provider for I don't know what the gently caress but god drat

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
At this time of the year, I'm usually reminded of the story of the parents of my ex. We would sometimes run into her dad at e.g. the open air pool, and I saw the dude eyeing and flirting with other women. Told her, and she was, he's like that, all dog "barking and not biting" and "you know how southamerican men are, he just can't help it".

He'd work late, always sort of boasting how productive he was, etc., to the point that my ex would tell me how much of an example of duty he was. I really liked her mom, she was funny and spirited (she's the one with the kinder egg story). The whole family was always lighthearted, it was sort of like being in a sitcom.

We'd break up and some time later I heard that her mom had some problem and went to the gyn, turns out that she had one or two (lol) STDs, the kind that you pretty much only get through intercourse. Now, she didn't cheat. After she opened him up like a can of soda, it turns out that he had affairs with MULTIPLE women at the job and that they were doing god knows what at these late shifts with other people involved.

I kinda lost touch after that, but I'd really like to know how the rest of the story played out.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Ugh, I was in a similar situation once. This other chick just can't let go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I dated my friends wife before he did. She was incredible in bed. I have never once mentioned this to him. I don't get why people can't just be respectful about poo poo like that.