Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Depressio111117 posted:

Were there even cliques/popular kids in anyone else’s college experience? People divided themselves into friend groups sure, but it wasn’t clique-ish the way high school can be.

What I’m saying is that girl is an idiot.

People in frats and sororities who were extremely into which frat/sorority other people in frats/sororities were in, and then the rest of us who never had to interact with the first group because they never came to class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

CheesyDog posted:

People in frats and sororities who were extremely into which frat/sorority other people in frats/sororities were in, and then the rest of us who never had to interact with the first group because they never came to class

Oh right, kinda forgot about those. For folks who wanted High School 2.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

high school never ends

unless you actually have to work for a living

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Fatkraken posted:

I think this goes double for people who don't HAVE nuts; we ladies really don't have anything comparable in terms of vulnerability, ovaries are like any other internal organ and there is no specific sensation to being hit in them versus a general punch in the lower abdeomon, and by all accounts tits just aren't that sensitive, I've been hit in the tits plenty of times playing contact sport and it can smart but not "doubled over and vomiting" level.

Keeping your gonads on the outside was always a risky gambit; there's a strong argument that one of the reasons evolution put them there and made them so vulnerable in many mammals relates to showing how good a male is at NOT being hit in them and thus will also be good at protecting you and your many vulnerable babies (the sperm temperature thing is likely secondary; birds have internal testes and a higher body temp than mammals and their sperm develops just fine)

While you are correct, ladies do have a weak spot that’s just extremely tiny. On the offchance someone hits you in the groin and manages to hit your clit it can make you double over. Not “roll around throwing up and crying for 5 minutes” bad, but still pretty drat bad.

Getting your tits hit when you are in the part of your cycle that they are extra sensitive is a bad time too. I jabbed my nipple into the edge of a cabinet once and never forgot the pain.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kicking each other in the nuts was practically the national sport back in primary school and I never saw any reactions that severe, but then again grown adults are probably a lot stronger.

a grown woman kicking you full on in the sack with drunk strength from a position where you have no hope of deflecting it even slightly is going to hurt a lot more than a 12 year old kicking you in the nuts at half strength because he doesn't want to get in trouble

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Is the balls haven't dropped yet, does that kinda make them less sensitive too?

Edit: If*.. IF THE BALLS. Goddammit phone.

Papa Emeritus III fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 24, 2019

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I don't blame anyone for not listening to the Dear Prudence podcast, because Prudie tends to meander and repeat his advice. But this past week, the podcast has dug up gold.

Subject: I Gave Away My Boyfriend's Dog And I Lied About It

quote:

Dear Prudence: Five years ago I did something unforgivable. While my boyfriend Kyle was out of town, I gave away his beloved dog. I hate dogs. Kyle is a dog nut who's totally obsessed with them. Instead of breaking up with someone whose values were different than mine, I acted cruelly. I regretted it almost immediately. But I didn't know how to extract myself from this situation without losing Kyle, so I lied and said his dog ran away. We searched for her for months. The more I've fallen in love with Kyle and the longer we've been together, the worse my guilt has become. The fear of him finding out the truth petrifies me too. Now I'm pregnant and the stress of this secret has been crushing. I feel like I've trapped Kyle and I despise myself for it. He knows that I'm stressed, but not why. What do I do? P.S. I deserve the hate and condemnation I will receive.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

There are worse secrets you could take to your grave.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you will never feel bad enough.

sell her child to pirates

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

DemoneeHo posted:

I don't blame anyone for not listening to the Dear Prudence podcast, because Prudie tends to meander and repeat his advice. But this past week, the podcast has dug up gold.

buy the dog back, pretend you found it

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
A story of integrity

My (22M) GF (21F) encouraged her best girl friend to cheat on her boyfriend with one of my good friends. We are in a huge argument over it.
[new]
I (22M) have been dating my gf (21F) for a year, and we are both in our last year of college. Yesterday, her best friend (I'll refer to her as K) from another college was visiting and we went out to bars last night. Girlfriends best friend has a boyfriend, who I've met twice and who was not with us last night.

For the most part, our night was going great. I was getting along with K and she was getting along with all of my guy friends we were out with. Around midnight, my girlfriend tells me that K wants to hook up with a boy tonight, and that K thought one of my friends was hot. As she says this, K jumps into the conversation. Suddenly I feel on the spot for deciding whether K should cheat on her boyfriend with one of my good friends. K tells me she is planning on breaking up with her boyfriend in a couple months anyways. I tell her she shouldn't cheat and should break up with him now if that's how she feels. This is when I removed myself from the conversation. I partly just didn't want to deal with it but I also wanted to see what my girlfriend would tell K to do.

The night goes on and my gf and K are sitting in the corner chatting in a secretive way. Meanwhile, I let my good friend know that K is interested in him, but I made it clear she has a boyfriend and that it's probably best he doesn't get involved. He agrees and says he's not really interested. However, he's a single guy and if an attractive girl is dead set on going home with him, I know he wouldn't turn her down. I just wanted to be straightforward with him.

Moving forward to when we leave the bar to go home. The four of us (myself, gf, K, and my guy friend) walk out together. When we get outside, my gf and I start walking to her house, but instead of K coming with us, my gf basically tells her to go home with my friend. My friend gives me a weird look, knowing K has a boyfriend, but I don't say anything in the moment. Maybe I gave him a shrug, as if to say "it's her choice." K says goodbye to us and walks away with my friend. Once it's just me and my gf, I express how uncomfortable the whole situation was and how I'm disappointed in how she encouraged her best friend to cheat. This caused gf to panic, start crying, and call K repeatedly trying to get her to not go home with my friend. She didn't answer, but after asking my friend this morning, he confirmed he did not hook up with K, and she slept on a couch at his house.

Anyways, we ended up arguing for hours until like 4am. Basically, I am angry that she put me in a tough spot by asking me whether K should go home with my good friend. Furthermore, I am angry about how she facilitated K cheating on her boyfriend. I see this as a major red flag. Our arguing basically got us nowhere last night. I expressed my dissatisfaction, and she basically just kept deflecting and telling me "I love you" "I wanna marry you someday" and "our relationship isn't like her friend K's." My conclusion is that, at the moment, she's completely missing the point of why I am upset.

So first, am I justified in being so upset over how my gf handled things last night? I know K can make her own decisions whether I like them or not, but I really feel like my gf egged her on. Second, how can I communicate why this is such a big deal to me and get her to understand my viewpoint. I'm seriously questioning my gf's morals and how she thinks about relationships right now. Thank you for any advice.

TLDR: GF encouraged her best friend to cheat on her boyfriend, with one of my good friends, last night. She put me in a tough spot between her, her friend, and my friend that I was not comfortable with. Now I am questioning my gf's morals and how she views relationships.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

sneakyfrog posted:

you will never feel bad enough.

sell her child to pirates

Don't punish the child. Sell the woman to pirates and leave the child with the loving father instead! That way everyone wins

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
a better plan

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

DemoneeHo posted:

Jesus loving Christ. What a hosed up thing to do. I agree that you take that mother fucker to the grave, but wow.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
SMH if you're willing steal a dog for your own personal convenience but are still soft enough to let your conscience eat you up about it. Put on your big girl panties.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tactlessbastard posted:

SMH if you're willing steal a dog for your own personal convenience but are still soft enough to let your conscience eat you up about it. Put on your big girl panties.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
/r/relationshits: I started pushing but found it difficult to poo poo on my wife

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

sneakyfrog posted:

a better plan

Maybe it's because of all the prank stories recently, but my fairytale plan is:

Prudie advises her to tell him, and she does. He's obviously upset, but, as part of a long game revenge, pretends to forgive her eventually. Just when she's feeling like everything's gonna be okay and the matter is done, she goes out shopping or working one day. She comes home and finds him chilling on the couch, baby --- and all of baby's belongings --- nowhere in sight.
"Where's the baby?"
"Sweetie, I should've brought this up earlier in our relationship, but... I never really liked babies, so I gave her away." (Baby is actually safe with a sitter)
She freaks the gently caress out, of course. He reassures her with:
"Honey, it's okay. Look, I even got a good trade for her. I got these ---" and hands her the divorce papers.

What was Prudie's reply, anyways?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:hmmyes:

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
:aaaaa:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

SalTheBard posted:

Jesus loving Christ. What a hosed up thing to do. I agree that you take that mother fucker to the grave, but wow.

Anyone who does something like that will do equally hosed-up things when pressured; she should tell him so he can leave her.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

JacquelineDempsey posted:

What was Prudie's reply, anyways?

Prudie and the guest tell the letter writer to be honest with Kyle, cause the shame is killing her, and to accept any consequences that follow. Also she should talk about what they plan to do with the baby first before dropping the "I hate dogs and got rid of yours" confession. Prudie tells Kyle that if he is listening, he should break up with LW.

The question happens around the 16:00 to 32:00 minute marks.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

sneakyfrog posted:

a better plan

easier on the pirates too. no one thinks about the pirates

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
I'm honestly surprised gasoline prank girl didn't get hurt. If I thought I had been doused in gas and someone came at me with a lighter in hand, my first move would be to run the gently caress out of there, but if I was cornered I would absolutely grab the nearest hard object and try to break their arm or wrist to get the lighter out of their hand.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Doc Hawkins posted:

Anyone who does something like that will do equally hosed-up things when pressured; she should tell him so he can leave her.

Agreed. If she can't just come clean about not liking dogs around and acts that impulsively, what happens if she gets post-partum depression? Not a fun scene to envision. :smith: For that matter, if she keeps mum about it, what's to stop him from getting another dog, anyways? Is she planning on stealing dogs for the next 60 years or something? She said herself he's a dog nut, odds are he might want another one someday.

And for those of you who enjoyed my revenge fantasy, the alternate endings:

Don't pull the prank, but respond with "It's okay, I understand you not liking dogs... You're jealous, right? I mean, there's only room here for one bitch." (if his beloved pup was a girl) That would probably be the most Pete-like. Bonus if he puts on shades "deal with it" style while walking out.

Or

Do pull the prank, and finish with "Honey, it's okay. Look, I even got a good trade for her on Craigslist. C'mere, Rex!" [puts leash on new doggie that comes bounding into the room; walks out the door]

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 24, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I (32m) think my girlfriend (35f) lied about where she was

quote:

I’m in mobile so sorry for any typos or formatting issues..

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 7 years and we live together. A few days ago I was out of town for work and I FaceTimed with her and she was at the gym. She was just finishing up, about to walk out the door. She said she had to go to the grocery store and would call me back when she got home. I had some important news about work so I wanted to tell her sooner rather than later. She FaceTimed me when she got home later that night and I told her about the work thing and that was that, everything was perfectly normal.

I got home yesterday and noticed there were no new groceries and we were out of food. I asked her what happened because I thought she went to the grocery store and she said she got lazy and didn’t go... ok perfectly reasonable.

But.. it took her like 45 minutes to call me back and the gym is 10 minutes away so I asked her why it took so long to call me back because she knew I wanted to share with her the news about work. She hesitated a minute and said she went to the library instead.

I thought to myself, okay that’s fine, and the day went on uneventful. As I’m cleaning up some stuff in the living room I see a dvd rental from the library that is due.. gave it to her and she said she had to go return it before it’s late. So I asked.. weren’t you just at the library 2 days ago? And she said.. well yeah but I had to get something, not return. I said oh okay what did you get? And she said a travel book for Italy (we are going soon). But... i knew she already had a travel book for Italy from the library. So I said, don’t you already have one of those from the library? And she said.. oh yeah, but it was expiring. So I said why didn’t you renew it? (she always renews her stuff online). She said someone else had a hold on this one so she had to return that one and get a new one. I said that all sounds a bit coincidental and kind of like she may be lying about where she was, but she got pretty mad at me for suggesting this so I dropped it.

Her answers all had slight pauses before them, like she had to think about what to say... they were not automatic. Anyways, doesn’t seem like a big issue but I have the sinking feeling that I am being lied to. The story seems just too coincidental in every aspect.

I have no clue what she would be doing and I haven’t suspected her of cheating before, so I don’t necessarily think that would be it. But maybe I’m naive.

Any advice on what I can do to “prove” that she was there without seeming like a complete rear end who doesn’t trust their girlfriend of 7 years? I’ve never had to do something like this before but have some weird sinking feeling that things aren’t right.

TLDR - Girlfriend said she went to grocery store, found out she didn’t. Then story was very coincidental about where she was during that time.. things didn’t really add up. Feel like she might be lying about it but don’t really have a way to prove it (I don’t think?) without coming off as an rear end in a top hat. Any advice appreciated.

This is a Hell of a lot of mental gymnastics and suspicion due to not calling for 35 minutes.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (24M) love my girlfriend (24F) but her poor hygiene is really bothering me.

I've been dating my girlfriend for almost a year now and everything has been great. We get along really well, have the same interests, and genuinely enjoy spending time together. However, lately there has been something really bothering me related to her poor hygiene. Her vagina smells almost like fish (don't know how else to describe it) and during oral sex the odor makes me gag. I've honestly never smelled anything that bad in my entire life. In addition to this I don't think she cleans herself after defecating. There have been a few times where I can smell feces while going down on her but haven't actually visibly seen it. I don't even know how to broach the topic. This wasn't a problem when we first started dating but has been an issue for the last few months. What should I do?

TLDR: Girlfriend has poor hygiene and I don't know how to broach the topic to address the issue

Update: So I brought it up with my girlfriend, we got in a big fight, and then broke up. Thanks for the input though guys.

Gardnerella vaginosis sucks. It's pretty easy to treat. It's actually not really a hygeine issue. More of a PH imbalance. Often caused by semen getting in there and upsetting the balance. A lot women also develop bacterial vaginosis during their periods when the PH turns less acidic. Usually the body rights itself, but there's one over the counter remedy that fixes it up if you're body is being sluggish about balancing itself, though I can't figure out the science behind it.

There's also antibiotics that will fix it, but you risk switching over to a yeast infection from those.

She should still go to the gynecologist to make sure there's not some other bacterial overgrowth going on in there. But if she isn't having any discomfort, it's most likely a gardnerella infection.

quote:

In addition to this I don't think she cleans herself after defecating.
Gross. Yeah. She should definitely go to the doctor to make sure them poop particles aren't reproducing in her snooch.

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 24, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My (35M) girlfriend (38F) of 6 years suddenly wants to be a dishwasher and I'm not ok with that

quote:

Throwaway for privacy. Some quick notes about my GF: humble, funny, thoughtful, has a master's degree, wrongful death situation with her parents left her basically set for life a decade ago. She doesn't need to work, but she pretty much always does, and works hard too, sometimes two or three jobs at a time, some of them specialized and related to her degree and others really random, like pilates studio, shelter worker ect.

She was in a really bad car accident a few years back, had some big issues with that, and basically dropped everything except one job that wanted to keep her so bad they let her telecommute. Now, out of nowhere, she has decided she wants to work in a restaurant kitchen, starting by applying for dish washing positions and working her way up. Ive worked as a server before and the dish guys were always tweakers, creepers, carnies, and various questionable type dudes in the 18-25 age range who maybe spoke English maybe not. I'm embarrassed for her, and embarrassed of her to be honest. I don't think she would fit in at all and she's probably too overqualified to get hired if anyplace even gives her the time of day, and I also think she's too old to start this now. It's not a good look. Also I've gotten really use to her just being home and taking care of everything and her making her own schedule has just been really great and convenient for us. I feel like these are all reasonable objections to have but I can't figure out how to bring them up without hurting her feelings.

TLDR: gf's lateblooming career inspiration is a dud, dead end, and a turn-off but I don't know how to talk her out of it, need to find the right words

What an rear end in a top hat.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I (32m) think my girlfriend (35f) lied about where she was

This is a Hell of a lot of mental gymnastics and suspicion due to not calling for 35 minutes.

:stare: Jesus, dude.

I had an ex like this. She would be like "It takes 20 minutes to drive from work to home. Why did you get home in 30 minutes?" It only took two instances of her saying poo poo like that for me to cut the cord. It will only get worse, imo, and I didn't want to be a part of it.

imHitchens
Oct 24, 2012

harlequin macaw

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (35M) girlfriend (38F) of 6 years suddenly wants to be a dishwasher and I'm not ok with that

Married har for the money but she has to be the housekeeper as well.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

LadyPictureShow posted:

There are enormous gaps missing from this testimony to the point where it's obvious this fella is a huge self-absorbed baby. He handwaves all of her decisions, reasoning, and personal history. She got paid off when her parents died, but who cares. She had "issues" from a car accident, perhaps meaning injuries, but who cares. She presumably has some reason she wants to work in a restaurant instead of doing any of the other jobs she's had, but who cares.

She could be having a real crisis of some kind but there's no way to tell with him as the source.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Doc Hawkins posted:

There are enormous gaps missing from this testimony to the point where it's obvious this fella is a huge self-absorbed baby. He handwaves all of her decisions, reasoning, and personal history. She got paid off when her parents died, but who cares. She had "issues" from a car accident, perhaps meaning injuries, but who cares. She presumably has some reason she wants to work in a restaurant instead of doing any of the other jobs she's had, but who cares.

She could be having a real crisis of some kind but there's no way to tell with him as the source.

That's basically the impression I got. She's keeping her mind busy with constant work and he is unable to catch any idea of how she may feel.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

She's probably just tired of staying home all day and "taking care of everything" for him. She has enough money to do whatever she wants or nothing at all, so she probably just thinks working in a restaurant sounds fun. But yeah, he just nonchalantly mentions all these traumatic things that have happened to her like they're no big deal.

The boyfriend is a major loser. How is working as a dishwasher more embarrassing than not having a job at all? I hope he tells he that he's embarrassed by her and she dumps him.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Bored posted:

Gardnerella vaginosis sucks. It's pretty easy to treat. It's actually not really a hygeine issue. More of a PH imbalance. Often caused by semen getting in there and upsetting the balance. A lot women also develop bacterial vaginosis during their periods when the PH turns less acidic. Usually the body rights itself, but there's one over the counter remedy that fixes it up if you're body is being sluggish about balancing itself, though I can't figure out the science behind it.

There's also antibiotics that will fix it, but you risk switching over to a yeast infection from those.

She should still go to the gynecologist to make sure there's not some other bacterial overgrowth going on in there. But if she isn't having any discomfort, it's most likely a gardnerella infection.

Gross. Yeah. She should definitely go to the doctor to make sure them poop particles aren't reproducing in her snooch.

Having a vagina sounds exhausting. Not that the penis is trouble-free, but I think it's much lower maintenance.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I've joined a few relationship advice groups and they are an untapped goldmine. Who is ready for some good old-fashioned :murder:?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

She's probably just tired of staying home all day and "taking care of everything" for him. She has enough money to do whatever she wants or nothing at all, so she probably just thinks working in a restaurant sounds fun. But yeah, he just nonchalantly mentions all these traumatic things that have happened to her like they're no big deal.

The boyfriend is a major loser. How is working as a dishwasher more embarrassing than not having a job at all? I hope he tells he that he's embarrassed by her and she dumps him.
Well, you see,

OP posted:

I do think it is beneath her and she could do way better. I also don't look forward to conversations where people are like "oh what does she do for a living?" because I think its trashy.

I probably should not have said that comment about missing her contributions at home. It's just a hard tradeoff and I think I'd be more willing to make it if I felt like she was making better choices with her life. It's hard to explain.

quote:

Idk I feel like its like the difference between supporting someone who wants to be a 40 year old rave party promoter vs supporting someone who wants to be a nurse or something

quote:

Those are good points. She does have amazing work ethic. And I'm getting the sense that it's not my place to choose or judge where she puts that energy. But it just seems so random and wrong. Like, this is what someone half her age should be doing, you know? And maybe that's why it takes some extra effort to respect it now.

She should :sever: and find someone who doesn't think work like that is beneath them.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

OP posted:

I also don't look forward to conversations where people are like "oh what does she do for a living?" because I think its trashy.

Oh well it's a good thing he won't have to worry about that once she breaks up with him.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

darkwasthenight posted:

I've joined a few relationship advice groups and they are an untapped goldmine. Who is ready for some good old-fashioned :murder:?

Put everything else about this aside and just think of how much money they wasted because he is a jackass. That's reason enough to sever cause financially this man is a disaster.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [29M] fiancée [30F] is obsessed with her side business, and it's taking over our lives.

quote:

Background: I'm a graduate student, just wrapping up my PhD, living in LA. My fiancée and I have been dating for two years, and engaged for three months. She works in corporate strategy at a big company. Neither of us make a lot of money, we live in a tiny 1 BR/BA.

Recently, one of our friends [27F] started selling jewelry and other little handmade trinkets via an online store (Etsy). It's going well, she's selling about one thing a day and making a bit of money on the side.

I'm pretty sure my fiancée got envious. She's artsy at heart, and often looked for a side-gig. After our friend started selling crafts, my fiancée tried her hand at a number of things -- jewelry, pottery, etc. until she settled on paper flowers.

My fiancée has made thousands of paper flowers over the past two months.

She's been trying to sell them online, and has gotten some success -- selling a few dollars' worth every day. That wasn't enough though, so she's also been selling them at markets, fairs, and plainly on the streets after work.

However, the paper flowers don't make much money. Though we're not "well off" by any means, she still makes more money at her day job.

But I've caught her skipping her day job to sell flowers! In the last two weeks, she's actually been taking sick days and "working from home" in the mornings, telling her boss she's on calls or stuck in traffic when she's actually spending the first three hours of the day going door-to-door hawking paper flowers.

And don't get me wrong. They're nice flowers. She's doing a great job at making them, and her drive is impressive. But I feel as if it's an obsession that's taking over her life, when she should be prioritizing her real work, and frankly, our relationship. We've been less intimate and have had less time for dates and other fun things because she's always working on the paper flowers. The closest we get these days is when I help her bring flower packages to the post office, or when I'm helping her take photos of the flowers. Stuff like that. I feel like I've become an accessory to her side business (which, I repeat, doesn't actually make much money at all).

It's had impacts in other ways as well. Hanging out with our friends is a struggle now, because my fiancée doesn't want to talk about anything but the flowers. She's always carrying some in her purse, showing them off, and if a friend shows only a little bit of interest, my fiancée will try to sell them some. It's awkward.

I have no idea what to do. I'm considering taking a break and moving back in with my parents (also in LA) for a few weeks while hoping for her to stabilize. But that seems extreme. What should I do?

TL;DR; : Fiancée is obsessed with her arts-and-crafts side business, which doesn't make a lot of money, but it's totally taking over her life, hurting her other priorities and our relationship. What should I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

darkwasthenight posted:

Hoooooooooly poo poo. I would absolutely refuse to convict if she stabbed him to death in his sleep, or in his awake, or whenever she felt like it. Goddamn is that a gross violation. What the gently caress is she doing giving him any options that include "stay together," though? Lady, pack up and get the gently caress out.