Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

bell jar posted:

Like, come on, get some originality in your date plans

Right? I know the guy’s just slut-shaming her but I was holding out hope he just wanted to warn dudes that she’s not very creative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

La Brea Carpet posted:

My boyfriend [M25] and I [F22] are so different that we can't relate. I am worried he will never appreciate how great I am or will be?

A series of red flags, each bigger than the next.

How do these people get together in the first place? Is there a government program that assigns people to romantic relationships?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

UnfurledSails posted:

How do these people get together in the first place? Is there a government program that assigns people to romantic relationships?

Yeah, and its pretty intense. If you bomb out they make you a lame animal like an anteater or a lobster.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cumshitter posted:

Boyfriend Yakuza, so what.

He'd at least better be built like a brick shithouse and constantly have a steely gaze.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

UnfurledSails posted:

Its like a normal hookup, except they keep having sex afterwards and oh hey now they’re in a relationship.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Achmed Jones posted:

Its like a normal hookup, except they keep having sex afterwards and oh hey now they’re in a relationship.

They like to do a couple things together. It's all fun fun fun until she gets tired of the things that used to make her laugh.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

CheesyDog posted:

I am going to call fake, as no man can retain any knowledge of the show Friends

The only person I know who has bought every season is a dude.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Bored posted:

The only person I know who has bought every season is a dude.

Seconding this. I know one guy who has the entire series as the center of his DVD shelf and another guy that has all the episodes on itunes.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Barudak posted:

Yeah, and its pretty intense. If you bomb out they make you a lame animal like an anteater or a lobster.

I have seen this film!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for having an unpleasant reaction to his foreskin hygiene?

So I have gone on a few dates with this Irish guy I met. He and I hit it off pretty well, so we took things a little further yesterday night at his place.

After about an hour of making out and heavy petting, he took off his pants and underwear for me to give him oral sex. And then I realized he was uncircumcised. But the part that grossed me out was the stench. When he pulled back the foreskin it was literally the most pungent, moist, yeasty odor I have ever inhaled. And when I saw literal strings and crumbs of cheesy material all over the skin and head I literally gagged and almost threw up.

I lost all interest immediately and asked him if he cleans down there. Granted I have never been intimate with a man with foreskin before this and I really don’t know what the norm is for hygiene down there, but I do not think this is normal at all.

I got up and told him I had to leave. I felt bad I made a literal gagging sound and face when I saw and smelled his genitals, but I feel like he should have cleaned before being intimate. He called and left a message accusing me of being rude and dramatic for judging his uncircumcised penis. I mean, I feel like I got caught off guard by this surprise. Am I really the rear end in a top hat here?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
people need to be shamed sometimes

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

What's the thing about Jordan Peterson and lovstwrs again?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Boyfriend [25M] has locked himself in our bedroom because he's mad at me [25F].

We've been together for 5 years, lived together for 3.5. We've had fights before that required some space to cool down, but this time is different.

We got home after a small friend gathering last night and he immediately locked himself in the guest bedroom after using the restroom. No words said, no argument had. Our drive home was quiet but it normally is when we're on our way home at 2 in the morning. We've had a few arguments about my behavior coming off too flirtatious around other men when we're all drinking. So I have a good idea that that is what the underlying issue is here, even though he's not speaking to me.

He's been locked in the room for over twelve hours. I bought us breakfast this morning and he refused to come out saying that he wasn't hungry. I replied saying okay but I'm ready to talk about the matter whenever he is ready to come out. It has been radio silence since. Our walls are pretty thin and I haven't even heard him move. He has not exited to eat, drink, or even pee (I dont even want to know how he's making that work). We've needed space from each other after getting angry before, but this is the first time in our relationship that he is going out of his way to deprive himself just to avoid me. I am the opposite of confrontational and have a habit of shutting down verbally when he's angry with me, so I'm not sure why he feels like he can't even walk past me to take care of his needs.

I guess I just dont know what to do in this situation. Do I just keep waiting it out? Do I try to make contact and suggest I'm the one who hides out for a while so he can come out while still having space? Should I ask if I can come in so we can talk? I want to give him the space he needs to cool off but I hate that he's making himself suffer. I also wonder if maybe he's looking for me to start the dialogue, even though he's the one behind a locked door?

TLDR: Boyfriend's mad at me for unclear reason. Has been locked in a room for over 12 hours. How to proceed.

Edit/ Small Update: I decided about an hour ago (after he'd been in the room for about 14 hours) to shoot him a text. I said I wished he would have a conversation with me, but I couldn't make him face me. I told him I decided to spend the rest of the evening in our master bedroom so he could roam the rest of the apartment without running into me. I said I loved him, but did not apologize for anything. He did not respond but is now in the living room eating dinner. I felt like I had to be the bigger person in this situation even though some people were adamant I just ignore him. However, if he does not come to bed tonight and continues this behavior tomorrow when he gets home from work there will have to be a confrontation. The longer I wait the less sympathetic/guilty I feel. Thanks for your input.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My dick is like, the first thing I wash in the shower and it is genuinely unfathomable to me that some men dont consider cleaning their dick LITERALLY the least they can do.

Just, why? Why??

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Danaru posted:

My dick is like, the first thing I wash in the shower and it is genuinely unfathomable to me that some men dont consider cleaning their dick LITERALLY the least they can do.

Just, why? Why??

Wetwipes are also a thing you should have on your nightstand as a human, probably

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting to close a now open relationship?

Gf and I have been together for 4 years. We’ve talked about marriage, kids, the whole nine yards.

Last month we had a tough conversation. She wanted to try an open relationship for a month. I was one of her firsts and she wanted to explore She’s also bisexual and never acted on it and wanted to explore that as well.

When we had this conversation I was in internal meltdown mode. I was considering ending the relationship. I honestly felt that this was the death of our relationship, but just a slower death than usual so maybe I should just end it quickly.

After I had calmed down though I decided to at least try it. I love my gf and if this is what she needed I can at least try.

So February came around and it began. I’m also bisexual so for the first time I downloaded grinder. A gay dating app. I’ve never used it before. Right away I started getting messages. I really didn’t want to go straight into sex at first so it took a couple days before I found someone who actually wanted to go out on a date.

It was like a part of me was revived. I had forgotten a huge part of myself being with my gf and having that night woke that part of me up. I started meeting more and more people. Men and women. Dating in my early 20s was always so hard for me, but for some reason with these apps it just works.

Gf wasn’t having the same experience. She went on a couple dates, but didn’t feel a connection to any of them. She said they made better friends.

Gf asked me today if I just wanted to end the month now and I said no. I could tell she didn’t like that. I don’t want to hurt her, but I’m not ready for it to end.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Boyfriend [25M] has locked himself in our bedroom because he's mad at me [25F].

We've been together for 5 years, lived together for 3.5. We've had fights before that required some space to cool down, but this time is different.

We got home after a small friend gathering last night and he immediately locked himself in the guest bedroom after using the restroom. No words said, no argument had. Our drive home was quiet but it normally is when we're on our way home at 2 in the morning. We've had a few arguments about my behavior coming off too flirtatious around other men when we're all drinking. So I have a good idea that that is what the underlying issue is here, even though he's not speaking to me.

He's been locked in the room for over twelve hours. I bought us breakfast this morning and he refused to come out saying that he wasn't hungry. I replied saying okay but I'm ready to talk about the matter whenever he is ready to come out. It has been radio silence since. Our walls are pretty thin and I haven't even heard him move. He has not exited to eat, drink, or even pee (I dont even want to know how he's making that work). We've needed space from each other after getting angry before, but this is the first time in our relationship that he is going out of his way to deprive himself just to avoid me. I am the opposite of confrontational and have a habit of shutting down verbally when he's angry with me, so I'm not sure why he feels like he can't even walk past me to take care of his needs.

I guess I just dont know what to do in this situation. Do I just keep waiting it out? Do I try to make contact and suggest I'm the one who hides out for a while so he can come out while still having space? Should I ask if I can come in so we can talk? I want to give him the space he needs to cool off but I hate that he's making himself suffer. I also wonder if maybe he's looking for me to start the dialogue, even though he's the one behind a locked door?

TLDR: Boyfriend's mad at me for unclear reason. Has been locked in a room for over 12 hours. How to proceed.

Edit/ Small Update: I decided about an hour ago (after he'd been in the room for about 14 hours) to shoot him a text. I said I wished he would have a conversation with me, but I couldn't make him face me. I told him I decided to spend the rest of the evening in our master bedroom so he could roam the rest of the apartment without running into me. I said I loved him, but did not apologize for anything. He did not respond but is now in the living room eating dinner. I felt like I had to be the bigger person in this situation even though some people were adamant I just ignore him. However, if he does not come to bed tonight and continues this behavior tomorrow when he gets home from work there will have to be a confrontation. The longer I wait the less sympathetic/guilty I feel. Thanks for your input.

This is very similar to how my cats reacted when I moved a few years back. They hid in the closet and didn't acknowledge my existence when they ventured out to poo poo or eat.

There's so many r/relationships stories that make sense if you replace one party with a pet.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Danaru posted:

Just, why? Why??

a combination of the toxic masculinity that makes a man choose to not wipe his own rear end, and the toxic masculinity that makes a man think he isn't allowed to to teach his son how to wash himself

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for expecting my boyfriend to fix or replace a piece of furniture that he broke out of anger?

This happened after hearing loud smashes from the living room, before hearing a really loud one at which point he very solemnly asked me to come out and see something 'really funny', and he'd broken the front drawer off our tv stand. He quite frequently throws stuff when he's angry, including the game controllers, and has broken other things such as kitchen utensils too. It took him over a year to replace a ladle of mine he broke, and that was with a lot of prompting and I ended up having to order it myself and he paid for it.

I waited until the next morning, and told him very clearly that he needed to either fix it or pay to replace it today. That I wasn't okay with him ignoring it, and he needed to take responsibility for his actions.

He responded by making fun of my voice, telling me I'm an idiot for getting upset about a cheap piece of furniture (we received it for free, but it costs about $100 from Ikea), called me names, and told me I'm making a big deal out of nothing. The tone of his voice ranged between being moderately angry to laughing.

To me it's not so much what he broke, but the fact that he broke it, refused to deal with it, and then verbally berated me over being upset about it. If he'd just taken responsibility and fixed it or replaced it, I really wouldn't have cared.

His solution is to throw out the drawer as he wasn't able to fix it, and is telling me he made it better by breaking it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Inject the open relationship story into my brain until I can take down the dictator of mars

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Reading about relationships that come crumbling down after being opened are my fetish

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Xik posted:

Reading about relationships that come crumbling down after being opened are my fetish

For only 9.99 a month you can get access to all the hottest local coeds imploding their longterm relationships

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for getting a single mother fired from her job?

This happened about 2 months ago. I have a friend who went to get a check up at my family’s doctor office. He’s a very good family friend, practically considered to be family honestly! Well something happened at the office that made me uneasy.

After his appointment, he gets a text on his phone saying nothing but “hey”

He replies and asks who is this?

It turns out it was the nurse who took his blood and thought he was cute. They start texted and she even sends him selfies... not explicit ones. But definitely suggesting that she wanted to get with him.

This is so illegal it’s not even funny. She got his number from his medical record because she thought he was cute? He trusted me and told me everything and showed me the texts.

Because she was a single mother, my friend and I made a deal. The deal was he tells her that she needs to never do that again and he’ll just drop it.

A week goes by and I ask him, “...did you tell her?”

He didn’t tell her.

So I told the people in charge of the office and she was fired within 30 minutes.

Am I in the wrong here? Can’t the office be liable for things like this? Thankfully it was my very good friend she did this to and not just an average patient!!! Does this make me an rear end in a top hat?

edit: my family owns the practice. I am not jealous that she texted my friend in the slightest. mainly worried of the repercussions of her violating HIPPA and the liability the doctors office has.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You should probably break up with your friend.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

That sucks, but the friend is the rear end in a top hat for putting it on him.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Power Khan posted:

AITA for getting a single mother fired from her job?

This happened about 2 months ago. I have a friend who went to get a check up at my family’s doctor office. He’s a very good family friend, practically considered to be family honestly! Well something happened at the office that made me uneasy.

After his appointment, he gets a text on his phone saying nothing but “hey”

He replies and asks who is this?

It turns out it was the nurse who took his blood and thought he was cute. They start texted and she even sends him selfies... not explicit ones. But definitely suggesting that she wanted to get with him.

This is so illegal it’s not even funny. She got his number from his medical record because she thought he was cute? He trusted me and told me everything and showed me the texts.

Because she was a single mother, my friend and I made a deal. The deal was he tells her that she needs to never do that again and he’ll just drop it.

A week goes by and I ask him, “...did you tell her?”

He didn’t tell her.

So I told the people in charge of the office and she was fired within 30 minutes.

Am I in the wrong here? Can’t the office be liable for things like this? Thankfully it was my very good friend she did this to and not just an average patient!!! Does this make me an rear end in a top hat?

edit: my family owns the practice. I am not jealous that she texted my friend in the slightest. mainly worried of the repercussions of her violating HIPPA and the liability the doctors office has.

I’m split here. On the one hand, HIPAA is a huge loving deal and she probably should have been fired. On the other hand, this person sounds like a sniveling worm.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I would agree with him being a sniveling worm if his family didn't own theft practice. At that point he is looking out for his own/ his family's interests. And the nurse absolutely knows better and did it anyway.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Also I'm no lawman, but doesn't he put himself and his family in legal jeopardy if he tries to caution her on the DL and it comes out later?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
It's HIPAA!!!!

Also that doesn't really count as a HIPAA violation. It's creepy, unprofessional, and definitely worth a firing but it's not a reportable event.

Reddit seems to think that any time any medical person or information is involved in a situation it they can "sue them for a HIPAA violation"

That is A) not how that works at all B) only healthcare entities are covered so your boss telling people about your rear end- surgery doesn't count and C) IT IS HIPAA NOT HIPPA PEOPLE!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for forcing my pizza delivery person to walk up 4 flights of stairs to deliver my food by threatening to tip poorly?

So I live in an apartment building with 5 floors and a broken elevator. There is a freight elevator operator but overall it’s a hassle to get up and down to my room. I ordered pizza for like the third time this week cuz I’m too lazy to cook. Laziness is important for this story.

I ordered the pizza and the guy called me when he got to my building. He told me he was really busy and that it would help him if I came downstairs to pick it up. I did not want to leave my apartment so I essentially told him “I can come down and get the pizza but I’m not gonna tip/only tip a dollar or you can bring it up and I’ll give you 5$.”

I have a bit of an rear end in a top hat personality but I was kinda just bantering with the guy and instantly said what popped in my head. The guy decided to walk up and get the extra 4$. I didn’t think much of this exchange til I mentioned to my buddy (who I live with) and his gf. They thought I was an rear end in a top hat. I’m kinda on the fence, I can see why someone would think I was a dick but I feel like if anything the delivery guy should have never put me in that situation lol. Thoughts?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I like how the understated thing here is that the girlfriend was batting way out of her league in terms of looks.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for expecting my boyfriend to fix or replace a piece of furniture that he broke out of anger?

This happened after hearing loud smashes from the living room, before hearing a really loud one at which point he very solemnly asked me to come out and see something 'really funny', and he'd broken the front drawer off our tv stand. He quite frequently throws stuff when he's angry, including the game controllers, and has broken other things such as kitchen utensils too. It took him over a year to replace a ladle of mine he broke, and that was with a lot of prompting and I ended up having to order it myself and he paid for it.

I waited until the next morning, and told him very clearly that he needed to either fix it or pay to replace it today. That I wasn't okay with him ignoring it, and he needed to take responsibility for his actions.

He responded by making fun of my voice, telling me I'm an idiot for getting upset about a cheap piece of furniture (we received it for free, but it costs about $100 from Ikea), called me names, and told me I'm making a big deal out of nothing. The tone of his voice ranged between being moderately angry to laughing.

To me it's not so much what he broke, but the fact that he broke it, refused to deal with it, and then verbally berated me over being upset about it. If he'd just taken responsibility and fixed it or replaced it, I really wouldn't have cared.

His solution is to throw out the drawer as he wasn't able to fix it, and is telling me he made it better by breaking it.

It probably took him all year to save up enough allowance money to replace the ladle

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

gamers breaking furniture will always make me think of this:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

gamers breaking furniture will always make me think of this:

Ha ha did his wife leave him? Because she should have.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

La Brea Carpet posted:

It's HIPAA!!!!

Also that doesn't really count as a HIPAA violation. It's creepy, unprofessional, and definitely worth a firing but it's not a reportable event.

Reddit seems to think that any time any medical person or information is involved in a situation it they can "sue them for a HIPAA violation"

That is A) not how that works at all B) only healthcare entities are covered so your boss telling people about your rear end- surgery doesn't count and C) IT IS HIPAA NOT HIPPA PEOPLE!
Yeah, HIPAA violation would be if, say, the nurse talked to OP later and was all "sorry about your friend's syphillis."

But what she did was still extremely creepy, demonstrates piss-poor judgement, and is definitely fireable in any practice worth a poo poo. "Oh, it's fine if nurses use private info to contact and hit on patients" stops holding water once you think of it outside the "cute, seemingly-harmless nurse hitting on someone who has no reason to be alarmed by it" context.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Yeah like, I know "reverse the genders" is tired and often disingenuous, but imagine if a male nurse contacted a female patient. That would be creepy as poo poo and probably dangerous for the woman. In this case it isn't dangerous, but I'd argue still creepy.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

therobit posted:

Yeah like, I know "reverse the genders" is tired and often disingenuous, but imagine if a male nurse contacted a female patient. That would be creepy as poo poo and probably dangerous for the woman. In this case it isn't dangerous, but I'd argue still creepy.

I’m gonna say based on nurses I’ve known it’s still dangerous as well as creepy, here

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Gf and I have been together for 4 years. We’ve talked about marriage, kids, the whole nine yards.

Last month we had a tough conversation. She wanted to try an open relationship for a month. I was one of her firsts and she wanted to explore She’s also bisexual and never acted on it and wanted to explore that as well.

When we had this conversation I was in internal meltdown mode. I was considering ending the relationship. I honestly felt that this was the death of our relationship, but just a slower death than usual so maybe I should just end it quickly.

After I had calmed down though I decided to at least try it. I love my gf and if this is what she needed I can at least try.

So February came around and it began. I’m also bisexual so for the first time I downloaded grinder. A gay dating app. I’ve never used it before. Right away I started getting messages. I really didn’t want to go straight into sex at first so it took a couple days before I found someone who actually wanted to go out on a date.

It was like a part of me was revived. I had forgotten a huge part of myself being with my gf and having that night woke that part of me up. I started meeting more and more people. Men and women. Dating in my early 20s was always so hard for me, but for some reason with these apps it just works.

Gf wasn’t having the same experience. She went on a couple dates, but didn’t feel a connection to any of them. She said they made better friends.

Gf asked me today if I just wanted to end the month now and I said no. I could tell she didn’t like that. I don’t want to hurt her, but I’m not ready for it to end.

Looool

"We need to open our relationship"
*Is unsuccessful*
"I didn't get anything, let's close it now"
*Bf proceeds to bask in cock and pussy*
"What do you mean, no?"

This never, ever gets old.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Owned, always funny when this happens but this one is made even funnier because it sounds like he got more dick than she did lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

New 'friend' purchases a pity vibrator.

Alright, this is a long one. I (20F) recently met a guy, let's call him David (25M), through mutual friends. He happens to be the Godfather of my nephew (one of my close friends has made me honorary Auntie of her newborn). At the time this all happened, we'd been hanging out for about three or four months, on and off, together and in group settings, and one thing led to another, and I ended up developing feelings for the guy.

​Fast forward a few weeks, we've continued hanging out and having a great time together, there's been flirting but nothing physical, I assume it's going well. He's been going out of his way to come and visit me during school (I attend a university about an hour away from where he lives: Hometown), making sure I'm not too stressed, supporting me etc, but there isn't anything definite that told me he was into me, he's also just generally a nice guy. I drop him off at the airport one day and he spends three weeks across country visiting family, and when I pick him up after his trip at the airport it's all smiles. We end up spending the day together in the city before picking up another friend, let's call her Alice, and heading back to Hometown where we will be meeting our friends in the evening for plans.

​Now, something to know about me that pertains to the story - I've only had sex once. It was a god awful one-night stand almost a year ago that happened with a guy I really liked whom I'd met on tinder, who turned out to be a real creep after the deed was done. It's not something I enjoy talking about, and very few people in my life know details about that evening, but in the end it was my choice and I don't regret the experience as much as I regret who I chose to have it with, and why I chose to do it.

​Anyways, during the day before picking up Alice and heading back to Hometown, David and I are having deep conversations and he starts asking me serious questions about my sexual experiences. I really did like and trust him so I went ahead and spilled the beans, I answered every question he had honestly and as fully as I could. David is a very sexed up dude, and isn't ashamed to admit it, and theres nothing wrong with that, but here's where it gets interesting.

​We'd been doing some shopping that day to pass the time, and he had already purchased me a new coat and two pairs of jeans as a thank you, despite my objections (around 200$ worth of stuff) for picking him up and dropping him off at the airport, he said it wasn't a big deal because a taxi ride would have been a hell of a lot more. After the mall, he wanted to go to the sex shop downtown. Now, as mentioned above, I haven't had a very positive experience with sex, and I do suffer from an anxiety disorder, so the idea of entering a sex shop was nauseating and a little daunting to me, but I agreed because I knew it was something David enjoyed and that was the only place he had outright requested to go that day. We go to the sex shop, and soon he asks me to choose a vibrator. I ask why, and he says he wants to buy one for me. I say no, because A) those things are damned expensive, and B) theres no way I was willing to accept a vibrator from a dude who had been sending me mixed signals for a long time, who I hadn't fooled around with, and who hadn't said outright that he wanted anything more than friendship with me. He says ok, he'll pick one for himself (he has a sex toy collection apparently) and goes and buys one. Before we leave town that day he slips it into one of my shopping bags and tells me its for me and he'll have no arguments.

​Fast forward a week, he's asked me multiple times via messenger if I've enjoyed his gift etc. I think its suggestive of him wanting something more, but I'd recently found out that David and Alice have a FWB situation going on, and he had flirted outrageously with another friend of ours during drinks that weekend. So I messaged him directly asking what he wanted from me, if anything. He stated he didn't want anything but friendship from me. I was alright with that, and respect that thats the way he felt about me. I took about a day to sort myself out before asking why he bought me a vibrator if he didn't want anything physical or serious.

​After a lot of back and forth over the span of a few days, here's the gist:

-he pities me for only ever having had sex once, and bad sex at that : this sparked a long conversation about how hurtful the purchasing of a pity vibrator is to me, because despite the amount of people I have slept with, it was fully and wholeheartedly my choice, and there is no race in life when it comes to this stuff (something I wish I had known a year ago when I went on that tinder date). I prefer to only be intimate with people I genuinely like, and I'm not ashamed of that. Etc. Etc. He doesn't seem to understand how hurtful this action was to me, despite his 'good intentions'

​-he thinks its his duty somehow as my friend to ensure I "knew what good sex was, and what to look for, for when I did meet a man." I'm still not sure how a vibrator is going to grant me the ability to choose a suitable life partner

-he sees nothing wrong with being overly flirtatious with me + going out of his way constantly to make sure I wasn't stressed and that I was happy, despite not wanting a relationship

-has since accused me of making the whole situation "hosed up" (I think he's just mad I went ahead and pointed out how truly hosed up it was, and for bringing it to his attention)

-has accused me of being unappreciative of the jacket and pants (which I have thanked him for NUMEROUS times- during and after purchase, and am still thankful for, I really do like them)

-has accused me of calling him a drunk (something that has never happened) I just have an aversion to people drinking and driving as I've lost family that way, so I offered to drive us back from a party once after he'd had a few beers and I was sober

​I have stopped talking with him, because after attempting to sort this out, he has only become increasingly angry and does not understand where I'm coming from and why the situation needs addressing, i.e. why he thinks a pity vibrator is a suitable gift, and how he thinks he has some kind of right to help me "know what good sex is, and what to look for, for when I meet a man", despite having no interest in being intimate emotionally, or physically with me. Reading between the lines of his messages he seems to be mad that I'm unappreciative of his gifts, and that I'm trying to take advantage of his money (I'm really not, I hate depending on others and would prefer to pay my own way, but he has always very adamant on being the "gentlemen" and paying for the ladies.)

​This whole experience has left me hurt over losing a friend, but also a little creeped out and concerned about my boundaries. Am I in the wrong here? Am I overreacting?

​TL;DR: A mutual friend and I got close, and he decided to purchase me a vibrator, later admitting to only having bought it because he pitied me for my lack of sexual experience, and wanted to help me "know what good sex is, and what to look for in a man" after telling me he didn't want anything from me but friendship