Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

darkwasthenight posted:

I've joined a few relationship advice groups and they are an untapped goldmine. Who is ready for some good old-fashioned :murder:?

gently caress divorce, sue for annulment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [22F] boyfriend [24M] cut the tip of his finger OFF as a “joke” for my Valentine’s Day gift.

Hi. Ltl, ftp.

I don’t know what to do. I am terrified to tell my friends or family about this.

I’ve been dating Grey for 4-ish months. He’s hilarious, smart, and treats me very well.

I’m finishing up my last semester before I graduate, so I’ve been away at school (3 hours away from home, where we met) and I haven’t had a weekend to spare to come home, I have two majors and a minor and work part time at my school. I was finally able to move some things around and come home this weekend to celebrate with him.

An important tidbit: I love Friends. It’s my favorite show. I know it’s kinda silly, but I just do. I have posters, I named my hamsters Chick and Duck (a thing from the show) and Phoebe inspired me to dye my hair and go vegetarian.

Grey knows this, of course, and teased that one of my valentines gifts was friends themed. Not romantic, but whatever, cool!

I get to his house holding a teddy bear, a bag full of chocolates, an expensive tie he had pointed out when we were shopping, and a card.

So. Grey holds his hand out, and says, “HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!”

It took me a second. But then I noticed.

The tip of his index finger was gone.

I obviously asked what happened and he rolled his eyes and said “guess someone’s not that big of a fan” or something.

It really didn’t click. I just asked him again how he got hurt. I was so worried and trying to grab his hand and he kept shooing me away saying it was still sensitive.

He grabbed the gifts from me, kissed my cheek, and told me to come to his room.

I did, and he pulled up his laptop and went to his bookmarks. There was a zoomed in picture of Chandler(one of the main characters) and his hand.

And he was missing a finger tip.

It clicked. The actor who plays Chandler cut off his fingertip insome sort of accident before he got famous.

There were several moments of quiet before he put his hand in my face again and smirked.

I asked Grey what the gently caress he did that for. He said he knew I loved the show and thought it would be a funny story about how for Valentine’s Day, he literally cut off part of a limb for me (???)

The wound was still... kinda fresh? It looked stitched up, I think, I really didn’t get a great look at it. But he is definitely missing a literal FINGER. TIP.

I went quiet.

He asked why I wasn’t happy, and seemed very confused, so I told him I forgot I had to call my mom, and pretended like I was going to the bathroom. Instead I booked it.

It’s been a day, he’s called me about a dozen times, left me texts saying it didn’t even hurt and he’s okay, and asking us to talk about this. Guys, there were 0 red flags. He was SO normal. He was a fricking chess player. He liked going out for bar trivia. He’s studying to be a paralegal.

I don’t know what to do. I feel like any romantic inclinations I had toward him are extinct. I feel really, really afraid to be honest. He told me he loved me a few weeks ago and I was working up the confidence to say it back and now I feel sick. Can I break up with someone for this?? I literally can’t even imagine telling anyone. I feel so embarrassed.

TLDR: my boyfriend cut off his fingertip as a gift to me.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Of course Cenobites would love Friends

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am going to call fake, as no man can retain any knowledge of the show Friends

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [22F] boyfriend [24M] cut the tip of his finger OFF as a “joke” for my Valentine’s Day gift.

Hi. Ltl, ftp.

I don’t know what to do. I am terrified to tell my friends or family about this.

I’ve been dating Grey for 4-ish months. He’s hilarious, smart, and treats me very well.

I’m finishing up my last semester before I graduate, so I’ve been away at school (3 hours away from home, where we met) and I haven’t had a weekend to spare to come home, I have two majors and a minor and work part time at my school. I was finally able to move some things around and come home this weekend to celebrate with him.

An important tidbit: I love Friends. It’s my favorite show. I know it’s kinda silly, but I just do. I have posters, I named my hamsters Chick and Duck (a thing from the show) and Phoebe inspired me to dye my hair and go vegetarian.

Grey knows this, of course, and teased that one of my valentines gifts was friends themed. Not romantic, but whatever, cool!

I get to his house holding a teddy bear, a bag full of chocolates, an expensive tie he had pointed out when we were shopping, and a card.

So. Grey holds his hand out, and says, “HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!”

It took me a second. But then I noticed.

The tip of his index finger was gone.

I obviously asked what happened and he rolled his eyes and said “guess someone’s not that big of a fan” or something.

It really didn’t click. I just asked him again how he got hurt. I was so worried and trying to grab his hand and he kept shooing me away saying it was still sensitive.

He grabbed the gifts from me, kissed my cheek, and told me to come to his room.

I did, and he pulled up his laptop and went to his bookmarks. There was a zoomed in picture of Chandler(one of the main characters) and his hand.

And he was missing a finger tip.

It clicked. The actor who plays Chandler cut off his fingertip insome sort of accident before he got famous.

There were several moments of quiet before he put his hand in my face again and smirked.

I asked Grey what the gently caress he did that for. He said he knew I loved the show and thought it would be a funny story about how for Valentine’s Day, he literally cut off part of a limb for me (???)

The wound was still... kinda fresh? It looked stitched up, I think, I really didn’t get a great look at it. But he is definitely missing a literal FINGER. TIP.

I went quiet.

He asked why I wasn’t happy, and seemed very confused, so I told him I forgot I had to call my mom, and pretended like I was going to the bathroom. Instead I booked it.

It’s been a day, he’s called me about a dozen times, left me texts saying it didn’t even hurt and he’s okay, and asking us to talk about this. Guys, there were 0 red flags. He was SO normal. He was a fricking chess player. He liked going out for bar trivia. He’s studying to be a paralegal.

I don’t know what to do. I feel like any romantic inclinations I had toward him are extinct. I feel really, really afraid to be honest. He told me he loved me a few weeks ago and I was working up the confidence to say it back and now I feel sick. Can I break up with someone for this?? I literally can’t even imagine telling anyone. I feel so embarrassed.

TLDR: my boyfriend cut off his fingertip as a gift to me.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way...

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for making an obese man pay me cash to take up part of my seat on a long flight?

So this month I was flying across the country on a long 5 hour flight, which I had booked and seats selected for. I specifically chose an aisle seat in a row of two, so no middle seat — just the aisle and window.

Well, a very obese man boards and I can tell instantly he is going to have a tough time fitting in any of the seats. I assume maybe he bought two hence why he’s even attempting to board. I’m mentally crossing my fingers he’s not next to me, but sure enough he ends up pointing to the window seat next to me to let him in.

I get up and let him in politely, wanting to at least give him a chance. Well, he sits down and is easily seeping into about 1/3 of my seat. I sit down and am pressed up against him, making me uncomfortable. After a minute, I decided to be upfront and tell him:

“Sir, I’m sorry but this situation is not working for me, you’re taking up quite a bit of my seat”.

He wasn’t rude, but sort of gave me a shrug as if there’s not nothing he can do — although he did sort of tighten his arms in to try and be narrower. It just wasn’t enough, though. He still was overhanging over the armrest about 1/4th into my seat even when squeezing his arms in. I’m talking about fully hanging over the armrest into my seat.

I end up stopping a flight attendant and ask her what can be done about the situation. She instantly tells him that he is likely going to need to purchase another seat. She goes to the front and comes back saying that there aren’t any open seats on this flight, so there wasn’t a way to move people so he could have two. This causes a very awkward silence.

The guy seemed embarrassed and didn’t want to get up. He mentioned how he can’t wait for a later flight. I felt bad for him but I was also thinking about my own comfort on the long flight — the comfort I paid for. The flight attendant tells him that unless someone on the flight agrees to let him take up part of their seat, he’ll need to book another flight. The guy seems really flustered by this ultimatum, and here’s where I made my offer.

I told the guy, “Look, I’ll put up with this if you give me $150 — that’s half the cost of this flight and that would compensate me enough for the circumstances.”

He instantly agrees, pulls out cash and pays me. He even told me he appreciated it.

Well the people sitting behind me (who keep in mind didn’t volunteer to sit by him) were making under their breath comments about me being an rear end in a top hat for doing that. I just ignored them and put the cash in my wallet.

From my perspective, I gave the guy a valid option to stay on the flight and I was compensated for literally having only 75% of my seat max (let alone the feeling of a person’s body pressed against you involuntarily). A win-win. He wasn’t angry at all, if anything he seemed quite relieved we could work it out privately.

After the flight, the couple behind me glared at me but I ignored them. This leads me to beg the question, AITA?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

bell jar posted:

So no one told you life was gonna be this way...

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for making an obese man pay me cash to take up part of my seat on a long flight?

Honestly I hope this becomes the norm

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So this month I was flying across the country on a long 5 hour flight, which I had booked and seats selected for. I specifically chose an aisle seat in a row of two, so no middle seat — just the aisle and window.

Well, a very obese man boards and I can tell instantly he is going to have a tough time fitting in any of the seats. I assume maybe he bought two hence why he’s even attempting to board. I’m mentally crossing my fingers he’s not next to me, but sure enough he ends up pointing to the window seat next to me to let him in.

I get up and let him in politely, wanting to at least give him a chance. Well, he sits down and is easily seeping into about 1/3 of my seat. I sit down and am pressed up against him, making me uncomfortable. After a minute, I decided to be upfront and tell him:

“Sir, I’m sorry but this situation is not working for me, you’re taking up quite a bit of my seat”.

He wasn’t rude, but sort of gave me a shrug as if there’s not nothing he can do — although he did sort of tighten his arms in to try and be narrower. It just wasn’t enough, though. He still was overhanging over the armrest about 1/4th into my seat even when squeezing his arms in. I’m talking about fully hanging over the armrest into my seat.

I end up stopping a flight attendant and ask her what can be done about the situation. She instantly tells him that he is likely going to need to purchase another seat. She goes to the front and comes back saying that there aren’t any open seats on this flight, so there wasn’t a way to move people so he could have two. This causes a very awkward silence.

The guy seemed embarrassed and didn’t want to get up. He mentioned how he can’t wait for a later flight. I felt bad for him but I was also thinking about my own comfort on the long flight — the comfort I paid for. The flight attendant tells him that unless someone on the flight agrees to let him take up part of their seat, he’ll need to book another flight. The guy seems really flustered by this ultimatum, and here’s where I made my offer.

I told the guy, “Look, I’ll put up with this if you give me $150 — that’s half the cost of this flight and that would compensate me enough for the circumstances.”

He instantly agrees, pulls out cash and pays me. He even told me he appreciated it.

Well the people sitting behind me (who keep in mind didn’t volunteer to sit by him) were making under their breath comments about me being an rear end in a top hat for doing that. I just ignored them and put the cash in my wallet.

From my perspective, I gave the guy a valid option to stay on the flight and I was compensated for literally having only 75% of my seat max (let alone the feeling of a person’s body pressed against you involuntarily). A win-win. He wasn’t angry at all, if anything he seemed quite relieved we could work it out privately.

After the flight, the couple behind me glared at me but I ignored them. This leads me to beg the question, AITA?

eh i’d prefer the poster get the money than the loving airline ngl

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Put everything else about this aside and just think of how much money they wasted because he is a jackass. That's reason enough to sever cause financially this man is a disaster.

There's the poo poo-tons of money thrown in the trash, making her go through the general shittiness of hormone injections multiple times, making her deal with years of disappointment, all to keep some big secret vasectomy that he could have gotten reversed at any time. It's a whole pile of hosed up. I think you're absolutely right, it would not surprise me at all to learn that he's a BWM type

Or hell, he should have come clean as soon as they talked about kids at all, which should happen much earlier in the relationship than marriage

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The plane seat is gonna be like a 3-page slapfight

quote:

I was thinking it was just like the tip tip, but then I looked it up. Matthew Perry is missing like half the top segment, down to below the nail. That guy didn't just gently caress up with a tomato knife or something, he would have had to get a cleaver and go through bone.

It also had nothing at all to do with the show

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

I think this goes double for people who don't HAVE nuts; we ladies really don't have anything comparable in terms of vulnerability, ovaries are like any other internal organ and there is no specific sensation to being hit in them versus a general punch in the lower abdeomon, and by all accounts tits just aren't that sensitive, I've been hit in the tits plenty of times playing contact sport and it can smart but not "doubled over and vomiting" level.

Keeping your gonads on the outside was always a risky gambit; there's a strong argument that one of the reasons evolution put them there and made them so vulnerable in many mammals relates to showing how good a male is at NOT being hit in them and thus will also be good at protecting you and your many vulnerable babies (the sperm temperature thing is likely secondary; birds have internal testes and a higher body temp than mammals and their sperm develops just fine)

OTOH have you ever met a bird? They are dumb as gently caress. Almost as dumb as people who keep birds as pets

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AITA for Answering the Door for the Pizza Guy in my Boxers

quote:

I've answered the door in my underwear a few times before, when I don't have a pair of pants ready, because I would feel rude to keep them waiting. I've never really noticed much of a reaction before, but tonight the pizza guy was clearly very uncomfortable, even physically taking a couple steps back when I opened the door. I tried to just sign the receipt and take the pizza quickly so he could leave, but I started feeling guilty. When I told my wife, she basically said it was lovely of me answer the door like that.

I've never really thought twice about it, and have seen enough stories from pizza delivery people that I just figured they've all seen much worse, so they wouldn't mind, but should I start taking the time to dress more?

Edit: Alright, I'm willing to admit defeat. Looks like I'm the rear end in a top hat, I'll more properly cloth myself in the future.

When you answer the door you should have the common decency to either wear clothes or be fully nude, don't half-rear end it like this

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

QuarkJets posted:

OTOH have you ever met a bird? They are dumb as gently caress. Almost as dumb as people who keep birds as pets

Birds loving rule. :colbert:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For correcting my date who thought that Ben Franklin was a president?

I usually think i have a pretty good grasp of social situations but maybe i hosed up.

Was on my first date with a woman related to my friend. Its going good, we're eating dinner, chatting when she starts playing the question game. "Whats your favorite movie?" , "Whats your favorite song?" ect.

I ask her "Whose your favorite president?"

"Hmm. It would have to be JFK, Ben Franklin, and Obama in that order."

"Oh, but Ben Franklin wasnt president."

"What?"

"He wasn't president. He was a founding father though and its a mistake a lot of people make."

"Maybe its a mistake that you made? Because I guarantee you he was."

"No, he really wasn't im serious." I think its still light so I laugh.

"Ok, one sec." She smirks and reaches into her purse/wallet thing and pulls out a 100 dollar bill.

"Who does that look like to you?"

"Ben Franklin?"

"Ha, there you go!"

I now realize she thinks you need to be a president to be on dollar bill.

"You know Hamilton wasnt president and is on a bill?"

"Google it! Google it!" She shouts in like a fed up laughing tone.

So I do and recite the Wikipedia article on how Ben Franklin was never president.

"Hmm. Ok?"

Complete awkwardness for the rest of the night. My friend later said that she thought I was a know it all and was condescending. AITA?

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
Nah, not the rear end in a top hat. She's dumber than a sack of rocks.

Maybe he should have just let her believe that and later on, after they're married and have kids, he can inevitably post about the meltdown argument he had by going "I told my wife that Ben Franklin wasn't president and the fact she thought he was made me laugh in secret for years."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Anne Whateley posted:

I can sum it up based on the reddit comments:
"OP's the rear end in a top hat because he created a bunch of drama and then extorted fat guy for money"
"Fat guy's the rear end in a top hat because he should have bought two seats"
"Nobody's the rear end in a top hat. OP made an offer, fat guy accepted it, :capitalism:."
"Actually, my galaxy brain has determined the airline is the rear end in a top hat here for not having bigger seats in this era of obesity, and this helps OP's immediate situation because"

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
"I would rather be wrong than be corrected" is a common sentiment among tools

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

Willfrey posted:

"I would rather be wrong than be corrected" is a common sentiment among tools

:hmmyes:

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This is like the beginning of an episode of CSI. Spoiler alert: he’s going to escalate to chopping off other body parts but probably not his.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Smirking_Serpent posted:

quote:

I’ve never had a real relationship. I grew up very sheltered and had a bad experience my sophomore year of college that has kept me quiet and keeps me away from men. He’s the first guy I ventured out of my comfort zone with. He pursued me for three months until I finally said yes, he bought me gifts and wrote me poems and took me out a lot.

quote:

We met at my gym over the summer. He came over and started flirting. I politely got out of the conversation. I don’t want to go into detail but two years ago I had a bad experience with a man who hurt me. I had my first kiss at 19. I’m very shy and kind of scared of men. Our gym times starting lining up. One day I forgot my headphones and he just gave me his. The next time I saw him he had a pair of new ones for me. He overheard me telling a gym worker I’m friends with that I was craving Reese’s and he brought me sugar free ones. He told me I was pretty and helped me with my form. But I told him often that I didn’t want to date. I’m very busy (it’s an issue with us sometimes) and I’m studying to be in the medical field. He asked a lot, he brought me gifts, he was so sweet. I said yes to a date and then somehow I was his girlfriend a week later. I must have about three hundred dollars worth of little trinkets and gifts from him.

quote:

He is socially awkward but he also isn’t? Like when we’re out in public with my friends or there’s a big group of people he’s cracking jokes and talking and buying rounds of drinks. But when we’re in a small group, he’s weird. He gets awkward when we’re out to dinner, or shopping, like he had a weird whisper-argument with the cashier because he thought something was on sale. He also stares. A lot. At everyone.
:redflag:

At least OP's going to break up with him, and not in person.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Anne Whateley posted:

I was thinking it was just like the tip tip, but then I looked it up. Matthew Perry is missing like half the top segment, down to below the nail. That guy didn't just gently caress up with a tomato knife or something, he would have had to get a cleaver and go through bone.

It also had nothing at all to do with the show

Also he didn’t even cut the right finger.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
AITA for warning this guy about his date

quote:

I'm a waiter at a sports bar. There's this girl who comes in with a different guy almost every week. Very rarely does she bring the same guy twice, and she's always pulling the same moves with these guys.

She went to the bathroom and I just went over to her date and let him know that his date was here all the time with different guys and he should be careful. He left pretty quickly after that. The girl apparently complained about it, because my boss wrote me up.

AITA for trying to be a bro?

quote:

[–]starfoxmoulder 152 points 23 hours ago

INFO: What moves does she pull on people that you have seen? Does she sucker them into paying for her? If you know that on good confidence, then I would have spoken up as you did. If you only know that she's going out with different guys periodically then why tf would you even think anything out of the ordinary?

[–]throwawa8888888888 [S] -558 points 23 hours ago

I mean just telling the same stories, same jokes etc. She's split the check, at least the times I've waited on her.
"Bro, watch out, this girl you're on a date with...goes on dates!"

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Haifisch posted:

"Bro, watch out, this girl you're on a date with...goes on the same date over and over with a different guy each week!"

Like, come on, get some originality in your date plans

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

"watch out she may be dtf and trying to make you compromise on your christian principles"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Putting the Buster in Dave & Buster.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

bell jar posted:

Groundhog Date

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

bell jar posted:

Wanting to go somewhere safe and familiar the first time you're meeting someone, particularly if online dating, is not in any way a shameful practice.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

Wanting to go somewhere safe and familiar the first time you're meeting someone, particularly if online dating, is not in any way a shameful practice.

Nor is wanting to date and/or bang random dudes for fun. I'd expect a tender at a loving sports bar would understand this concept, but I guess not!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Haifisch posted:

AITA for warning this guy about his date

"Bro, watch out, this girl you're on a date with...goes on dates!"

"I'm a bartender. I have a regular customer who brings new men to my bar on dates because because she feels safe here. How can I best meddle in her business and make this place hostile and unwelcoming to her so she has to go take her chances with strange men in strange locations? Thanks in advance."

Nice job, schmuck.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
lol way to alienate a repeat customer that enjoys the place enough to keep bringing her dates there.

efb

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My boyfriend [M25] and I [F22] are so different that we can't relate. I am worried he will never appreciate how great I am or will be?

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been dating a bit more than two years. We went through a long rough spot because I was depressed and dealing with the effects of childhood trauma. I am very thankful he stayed with me for that time, and feel a strong sense of loyalty to him even more now.

However things have settled the last few months. I moved in with him and everything has become more simple and quiet. This gave me time to realize how different we truly are! Besides the few things we have in common—we both study history, and enjoy camping and the outdoors, and playing board games—I can't relate to him in any way.

Sometimes he will be sweet and tender and loving but only in the very morning or before we sleep. The rest of the time, he acts like very arrogant and aggressive, and tries so hard to be young and cool. He is obsessed with cars and always talks about them, watches videos, looks at Craigslist for cars. I am glad and impressed he is so passionate, but it is clear he is much more interested in cars than he is in me. He drives so crazy like he is racing all the time, especially when we're with his friends. He swears and acts purposely mean and sarcastic, like he's too cool for everything, even too cool for me. Even when we have sex, he doesn't kiss me. He turns on a red light and plays club music and has me do dirty things. It feels very impersonal and unromantic.

Here's the thing, though. I want to support him as he finds himself and comes into himself. I see him trying to impress people or even if trying to be someone else when he's alone with me, and at first it makes me annoyed, but I realize everyone has an ideal self and someone they want to be. I love him and know I need to stand by him as he changes throughout life.

Yet, I don't know if I can do this forever because in him being so distracted by himself and his hobbies, he doesn't see MY worth. He loves me for my company, but it's like we're so different that he fails to see all the good in me. While I have more than a few flaws, I also have the confidence to say I am very kind and empathetic. I am nurturing and caring and playful. I work at an elementary school and give so much love and devotion to the children who have come to adore and trust me. My boyfriend sees this hardly admires it; he doesn't like when I talk about work. I am intelligent and am constantly thinking. I enjoy learning and expanding my mind. I have tried to show my boyfriend essays and research papers that I am particularly proud of but he doesn't bother to read past the first paragraph. I tell him about the books I am reading or what we discussed in my philosophy group that day, but he barely responds. He just reveres Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson and believes no one compares to them and their intelligence. I am a hard worker and have worked three jobs at one point, but my boyfriend believes I'm lazy and entitled because my parents are upper middle class. I am proud of who I am becoming, but I worry that since he has different values and opinions, he'll never see my true worth and he'll take me for granted forever. I would like to be with someone who admires me as much as I admire them. What should I do?

TLDR: My boyfriend and I are so different in every way. I support him and listen to him but he cannot be bothered to do the same for me. I am worried he is so focused on being cool and impressing others that he does not appreciate the woman I am. Will things change as we grow older?

A series of red flags, each bigger than the next.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Grassy Knowles posted:

No poo poo, but at least have more than one so you're not in the same bar every week

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Maybe she got a punch card and after 5 meals she gets a free order of jalapeno poppers?

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

La Brea Carpet posted:

My boyfriend [M25] and I [F22] are so different that we can't relate. I am worried he will never appreciate how great I am or will be?

A series of red flags, each bigger than the next.

I like stories that make me think the op is a turd in the title, then turn it all around. Don't kill the OP,'s boyfriend, but do catch and release him in a midwestern state

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Odd posted:

I like stories that make me think the op is a turd in the title, then turn it all around. Don't kill the OP,'s boyfriend, but do catch and release him in a midwestern state

They can both be turds.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Odd posted:

Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby! Don't you put that on us!

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

bell jar posted:

Yo, there's this one bar in my neighborhood that has next level food and super cheap booze and I suggested it as a first date for every tinder/bumble date I ever had and 75% of the time dudes accepted. The last one being my boyfriend who I live with who I've been with for two and half years.

It's just outside of downtown and on 2 streetcar lines and has amazing food and weirdly cheap booze!

I legit brought 6+ dudes there over the course of 4-5 months.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Boyfriend Yakuza, so what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Bamabalacha posted:

Yo, there's this one bar in my neighborhood that has next level food and super cheap booze and I suggested it as a first date for every tinder/bumble date I ever had and 75% of the time dudes accepted. The last one being my boyfriend who I live with who I've been with for two and half years.

It's just outside of downtown and on 2 streetcar lines and has amazing food and weirdly cheap booze!

I legit brought 6+ dudes there over the course of 4-5 months.

Did you give out punch cards?