Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The statement "Man muss den Leuten ihre Sehnsucht nach der Heimat lassen" would probably not have moved me as a 12-year-old, but seeing an old white Austrian (tm) using this as a disclaimer for his arguments...well...this poo poo honestly doesn't surprise me anymore.

die anderen Österreicher so:

Samopsa posted:

lol, what a loving idiot

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I just filed my taxes for 2018 and I'm filled with rage. Especially because I am supposed to pretend I'll ever have a gesetzliche Rente. :colbert:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Why does the tax return always take so long for us worrking stiffs, randler? they already have all my financial data through the arbeitgeber and I've even entered it for them again into Elster. I'm below the werbungskostenpauschale. There is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't get my steuerbescheid a day later. Why are humans involved in these routine cases at all? Just let skynet do that poo poo.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Drone posted:

So that's like 5 Chiligoons now, drat.

We should do a Germany thread hot sauce swap at some point or something :flame:

I’m in Switzerland, not sure if I’m allowed to bring this stuff over the border or if it counts as a weapon*. But sure, let’s meet up.

* my „mango“ habanero jam is a weapon. Needs to be diluted about 10 fold so you don’t have too much heat.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Opferwurst posted:

Why does the tax return always take so long for us worrking stiffs, randler? they already have all my financial data through the arbeitgeber and I've even entered it for them again into Elster. I'm below the werbungskostenpauschale. There is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't get my steuerbescheid a day later. Why are humans involved in these routine cases at all? Just let skynet do that poo poo.

They can do it without human interference now. That was one of the major changes in the past years. However, the technical implementation is still in progress and, generally, the required software to assess taxes for any given year only becomes available somewhere around March in the following year. Furthermore, if you really are a working stiff, they will only bother assessing you for taxes if you apply for it, because they already got all the money they could ever get from you via the Lohnsteuer withheld by your employer.

And in case you're a moderately-sized fat cat, stuff will probably take even longer this year, due to the changes made to investment gain taxation, which will be relevant to you once you have capital gains, dividends (deemed or actual) exceeding the Sparer-Pauschbetrag. (And if you still get the Sparer-Pauschbetrag, you will never be a big league fatcat.)

Randler fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 26, 2019

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Drone posted:

So that's like 5 Chiligoons now, drat.

We should do a Germany thread hot sauce swap at some point or something :flame:

Mach das sechs.

Bhut Jolokia
Trinidad Moruda Scorpion
Jalapeño
Bolivian Rainbow
Aji Limon (Lemon Drop) 

ilpadre
Dec 28, 2005

ephex posted:

Mach das sechs.

Sieben. Trinidad Scorpion and Naga Jolokia waiting to get out and kill again like cats.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Third jalapeño sprouted overnight and goddamn why are these jalapeños doing so well why the serranos, cayennes, and lemon drops are just being lazy little fucks

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Wtf is going on in here with all the chili growing goons?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

bronin posted:

It's a fun, low-effort and rewarding hobby, and it inoculates the thread for the bi-monthly Oliwan-post. Fair enough to me.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

bronin posted:

We like it it hot

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's a fun, low-effort and rewarding hobby, and it inoculates the thread for the bi-monthly Oliwan-post. Fair enough to me.

I was skeptical before, but now I think I need to buy some chili seeds and join you folks, that is a fine point.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Join usssssssssssssssse

az
Dec 2, 2005

i have onions that sprouted in a vase, can i join the club

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Depends, are you gonna make some sauce for the swap out of them?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
ich mag chili mit bohnen und carne :unsmith:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Went to the Gartencenter for some Tomatenerde and 1) they didnt have any and 2) the lady there told me I should use Kräutererde for the first umtopfing out of the Quelltabs and save the Tomatenerde bzw. Erde mit Dünger for when I umtopf the chilis into their final home (a bigger pot on my balcony).

Was she correct or was I schlecht beraten? My biggest plant is about 6cm tall atm and I feel like that's either stupidly leggy, or it's time to umtopf

Edit: this well-worded post was obvs sponsored by the Goethe Institut for its adherence to proper German

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

For serious questions about gardening there's always this thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3085672

Putting your seedlings straight into Dünger Erde can "burn" their roots, so do this if you want them to know the world is a harsh place. Use Anzuchterde if you're using your plants as ersatz children and want to coddle them.

I've always put my plants straight into their final Erde and they've always survived but were kinda weak tbh

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

az posted:

i have onions that sprouted in a vase, can i join the club

Tschuldigung, das benötigt fotografische Beweise als Eintritt

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Drone posted:

Went to the Gartencenter for some Tomatenerde and 1) they didnt have any and 2) the lady there told me I should use Kräutererde for the first umtopfing out of the Quelltabs and save the Tomatenerde bzw. Erde mit Dünger for when I umtopf the chilis into their final home (a bigger pot on my balcony).

Was she correct or was I schlecht beraten? My biggest plant is about 6cm tall atm and I feel like that's either stupidly leggy, or it's time to umtopf

Edit: this well-worded post was obvs sponsored by the Goethe Institut for its adherence to proper German

Nope, she's pretty much right on the money. Tomaten Erde is perfect once your plants are ready for their final home. The first umtopfing or "Pikieren", to be precise, is what anzuchterde is for, Kräutererde works fine as well.

Not sure if I misspoke in a previous post, my bad if so.

/edit: yeah, mein Bös, I tried to point out that Kräutererde and Tomatenerde are pre-mixed substrate that you don't really need to düng to the letter, didn't mean to imply that pre-mixed erde might not actually be pre-düngt too much for frishly pikierte setzlinge.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 27, 2019

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Smirr, if you're still reading this, let me give you a tip for the days to come: Do not let them take you alive.

#Thoughts&Prayers

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

Smirr, if you're still reading this, let me give you a tip for the days to come: Do not let them take you alive.

#Thoughts&Prayers

Don't worry, I took the extremely numerous Kotzflecken scattered around the city as a warning and am working from home tomorrow (at the very least). On Rosenmontag I won't even be in Köln, which, upon reflection, has the obvious downside of having to interact with Köln Hbf on the day before and after Rosenmontag. Ah, I'm sure I'll be fine

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Smirr posted:

Don't worry, I took the extremely numerous Kotzflecken scattered around the city as a warning and am working from home tomorrow (at the very least). On Rosenmontag I won't even be in Köln, which, upon reflection, has the obvious downside of having to interact with Köln Hbf on the day before and after Rosenmontag. Ah, I'm sure I'll be fine

Today I saw someone carrying two Kölsch Fässer while obviously drunk already at 11 am on Gleis 9, almost falling on the Gleis and being insecure enough for my Regional Express to brake hard and honk in fear of him actually falling.
Later on I saw someone else puke at the front door of the Hbf. Ah, Fastelovend kütt!

But yeah you'll find a way.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

I don't even have to be in Köln to see Kotzflecken, and in my case working from home wouldn't help anyway, as the Kotzen is done by my sweet little (and ill) kitty. My Müde Mieze has been vomiting all over the place for a week now. Apparently I infected her when I was ill myself a couple weeks ago, according to my Tierärztin.

At least after a week of feeding her antibiotics tablets the worst seems to be over, but uggggghhh so much cleaning

Also I award myself one (1) Master of Stupidity for going ha ha, how funny my cat is sneezing oh and her ears are like super-hot. Sure is weird (me one week ago)

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

A couple of years ago I celebrated Silvester at a friend's in Munich and also spent the night there, only to be woken up at 6am by the dulcet sounds of his cat vomiting roughly ten cm next to my ear onto the mattress

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

System Metternich posted:

A couple of years ago I celebrated Silvester at a friend's in Munich and also spent the night there, only to be woken up at 6am by the dulcet sounds of his cat vomiting roughly ten cm next to my ear onto the mattress

Cats vomit all the time, it's just what they do.

Gute Besserung to the sick cat tho, I had no idea they can catch illnesses from people.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Another chili is coming up, turns out you don't need a fancy gewächshaus and you can just plonk them on a windowsill in a Ferrero Rocher box.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

pidan posted:

Cats vomit all the time, it's just what they do.

Gute Besserung to the sick cat tho, I had no idea they can catch illnesses from people.

Infections crossjumping species successfully, especially if the species are so far apart, is very, very rare. There are some minor diseases that happen to infect you out of accident as they were rather looking for your cat (or vice versa), finding her at some point and jumping over, but still, this is a terrible lottery and shouldn't happen when you're not around dozens of pets.

Still rare but way more likely is that you carry a disease but can't get sick but your pet can get infected of it (I assume this happened here if the vet says so).
However in general you don't have to worry that your cat starts to sneeze after you had a cold, it luckily doesn't work that way.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/creamspeak/status/1101069976591630336?s=19

Holy poo poo lol

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ich hoffe der Rhein tritt über die Ufer und lässt die Meute unter den Wellen verschwinden.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Randler posted:

Ich hoffe der Rhein tritt über die Ufer und lässt die Meute unter den Wellen verschwinden.

:yeah:

Ich war gerade mal für fünf Minuten draußen und es ist echt zum-- DA SIMMER DABEI, DAT IS PRIMA! VIVA COLONIA!!!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I mean, free speech, journalistische Freiheit and all, but how in the gently caress do you go along with publishing a Meinungs-Piece like that. Does the Online-Redaktion of the Welt have some incredibly off-kilter, weichgespülter Eindruck of MeToo being about "Gentlemen" not being allowed to comment on a co-worker's outfit as a compliment or something equally stupid?

Yeesh.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mean, free speech, journalistische Freiheit and all, but how in the gently caress do you go along with publishing a Meinungs-Piece like that. Does the Online-Redaktion of the Welt have some incredibly off-kilter, weichgespülter Eindruck of MeToo being about "Gentlemen" not being allowed to comment on a co-worker's outfit as a compliment or something equally stupid?

Yeesh.

Well...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Well, that certainly settles it

:suicide:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Smirr posted:

Well...

Yep, Welt is nothing but another branch of the arsonist Bild. Just with a slightly more upscale image. (No tits on the frontpage.)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Und den Rest des Jahres halt einfach umgekehrt.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Am 1. Mai hat #Artikel14GG Pause. :kheldragar:

#SpringerEnteignen

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Springer, da war doch noch was:

https://www.nzz.ch/feuilleton/medien/springer-ceo-doepfner-viele-verhalten-sich-unjournalistisch-ld.1457143

Springer CEO Döpfner posted:

Wir müssen uns nun alle fragen, wie wir wieder mehr Authentizität und Glaubwürdigkeit herstellen

:thunk:

haldolium fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 28, 2019

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol die Kneipe nebenan spielt gerade das Eisbären-Lied von den Puhdys. Was zum Christus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Smirr posted:

lol die Kneipe nebenan spielt gerade das Eisbären-Lied von den Puhdys. Was zum Christus